Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So, back on topic....wait, what was the topic about? lol

 

 

Ok, going serious now, regarding the roadmap will the players be able to participate in the OTW servers to provide feedback about the weapons re-balance?

 

 

I recall this thread from the past where they invited everyone to provide feedback following the guidelines posted there: APB Reloaded Open Test World also known as OTW

 

 

 

 

 

18 hours ago, Lixil said:

... just use ignore feature. ^^

 

Also I wonder if the ignore function stops the ignored ones from seeing your posts too? Guess it doesn't but I really don't know so I'm asking.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Also I wonder if the ignore function stops the ignored ones from seeing your posts too? Guess it doesn't but I really don't know so I'm asking.

It does not, nor should it. That's just unnecessary stress on the forum server for no real gain.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EDIT: removing my original question cuz im an idiot and didnt even check the first few pages.

 

My question is, are there any plans on adding any new hair styles for females that arent just absolutely dreadful? right now more than half of them are just different flavours of shaved head 😐 and if you cant make new hair from scratch, why not combinations of parts of existing hairs, like for example, add a version of the pigtails with bangs in the front

Edited by utilizator
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wary to get my hopes up again, I'm not sure what value do they see in putting in as much work as this game needs, to make it popular again. I think most of us realize by now, that this game cannot be "fixed into" what it could have been 8 years ago. But that doesn't mean it cannot be made better, that is certainly possible. However, LO come in after years of G1's unfulfilled promises and while it's understandable that they need time to get settled and then time to work on changes, but for us, the consumers, that's just more months upon all these years. Coming back to the game now, would be coming back to what I've left, but I'll keep an eye out for any updates. Good luck to the new dev, we don't hate you yet ❤️

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 3:11 AM, MattScott said:

I am VERY interested in adding new languages.. however there is a lot of text in the game. Typically localization rates are $0.10 a word, and we have more than 400,000 words which means $40k per language. 

I think right now, I want to focus on working through the contacts and progression to make sure we've locked in the content we want, and then we'll start the process of translating.

Yes. But I didn't list it because we need to identify where the art went and make sure the UI system is still supported. Once I have all the moving parts nailed down, I'll add it to the Roadmap.

Automation might be a solution for you. DeepL does some really good translations for little money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically LO working on the console update and the 2factor authentication now before moving to UE3.5 right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Lag and cheating should be priorities now.

Well, that's kinda what they're doing.   They implemented BattleEye and now they're working on fixing the servers.  As far as cheaters go I've only come across a few people that were fishy since BE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i know is impossible in short time but...

what about district creation and local server? 

i feel that APB:Reloaded with its 3.5 UE could be considered as a unique Game engine.
why dont use this original platform, with an ingame advanced customitation, also for rebuild and create entire new map?

this could not split or subdivide the populations, but should create a "seeding" effect, every map creator with its own server management will always chained to the original core for works.

will be like play on official playground and also have a personal one too for play with some friend. (LAN)
this could also add a new approach to game itself, instead of the current law of jungle for noobs, there could be littlest friendly villages.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey LO when this "Riot" mode u said?next week or..btw is nice 2 know dat u plan to fix the matchmaking after 3.5 👍

 

Edited by BingoBookBG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MattScott, is LO reaching a point regarding Unreal 3.5 where any further details can be given?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

while its good to make a detailed road map, unless "handle the cheater epidemic" is number 1 on the list the rest of the plans  will not matter.  there are literally 1000s of games that the devs had great plans for, but because they did not handle the cheaters, the games died.  Think back to any "great game concept" that died in the last 8 years, all were because of cheaters. Think of any game that players are still playing and all have "you cheat, you are perma banned" enforced rules.  

Before little Orbit took over the servers had maybe 20 players  on 4 servers. Sure half of the current player base are the unbanned cheats, but the other half are the players that came back on the promise that you would handle the cheater epidemic.  The only way to get to half way on your roadmap is to move the cheat issue to #1 on your list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AveragePlayer said:

while its good to make a detailed road map, unless "handle the cheater epidemic" is number 1 on the list the rest of the plans  will not matter.  there are literally 1000s of games that the devs had great plans for, but because they did not handle the cheaters, the games died.  Think back to any "great game concept" that died in the last 8 years, all were because of cheaters. Think of any game that players are still playing and all have "you cheat, you are perma banned" enforced rules.  

Before little Orbit took over the servers had maybe 20 players  on 4 servers. Sure half of the current player base are the unbanned cheats, but the other half are the players that came back on the promise that you would handle the cheater epidemic.  The only way to get to half way on your roadmap is to move the cheat issue to #1 on your list. 

first, if they put “fix cheating” at the top of the list nothing else would ever get done, it’s not like orbit can do anything but try to keep up with the cheat industry

second, at least on jericho, they’ve already tackled the cheating as best as they can for the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MattScott said:
Yes. I just posted an update yesterday here:
https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2018/07/end-of-july-update.html

Patch notes here:
Gave it a read before trying out the guns on OTW. Interesting update.
Glad the friends system gets a well-needed change, next to that the slots are maximum instead of having extra slots locked behind a paywall.

The new weapon balance is interesting. Shotguns seem more effective, and the new reticle makes the Anubis a lot more reliable. The accuracy curve being removed from the COBRA is nice, though I haven't noticed a substantial increase in performance. I'm not sure if many people will use the rebalanced guns much. Especialy compared to the guns everyone prefers to use, but we'll see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

usually in baylan i have a lag fiesta, but in otw is pretty smooth and playable, really lovely. (considering OTW is in NA, not in EU)
+1

Edited by Queen of Love
otw location

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone,

I just had to remove few posts derailing the thread. Please pay attention to the topic if you wish to participate in the discussion.

Regards,
Ritual

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 11:35 PM, Ritual said:

Hello everyone,

I just had to remove few posts derailing the thread. Please pay attention to the topic if you wish to participate in the discussion.

Regards,
Ritual


It swelled again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i want to apologize if i annoyed people with my constantly "focus on important things like 3.5,matchmaking etc and stop doing secondary by importance things" I just forgot that theres different teams working on this stuff..because im fkn smart.Still i think u couldve made some summer event like 50 vs 50 instead of open conflict and we actually have something to do in the game.Anyway gl wish u all da best 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two months has passed since the layout of this roadmap. Can someone tell us more about the UE4 progress? A new indie game called SCUM just came out today on steam, which is based on UE4. Is there anything APB can borrow from it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ramell said:

Two months has passed since the layout of this roadmap. Can someone tell us more about the UE4 progress? A new indie game called SCUM just came out today on steam, which is based on UE4. Is there anything APB can borrow from it? 

its likely we wont see a ue4 version of apb for at least a year imo

orbit has stated that they will have to completely rewrite the game from scratch, unlike with ue3.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
its likely we wont see a ue4 version of apb for at least a year imo

orbit has stated that they will have to completely rewrite the game from scratch, unlike with ue3.5
Waiting doesn’t have to be painful if Little Orbit keeps fans posted on the UE4 version of the game. Their previous statements are kinda obscured. Are they actually making the UE4 version a completely different game? Or some kinda visual upgrade from the current version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ramell said:
Waiting doesn’t have to be painful if Little Orbit keeps fans posted on the UE4 version of the game. Their previous statements are kinda obscured. Are they actually making the UE4 version a completely different game? Or some kinda visual upgrade from the current version.
as far as im aware (and im not a tech person so this is super simplified) moving from ue3 to ue3.5, while difficult due to a number of custom made systems, is like moving from your old house to a new house
moving from ue3.5 to ue4 is like having to build a new house before you can move from your old house 

i personally would assume that orbit wants to keep apb fairly close to its "roots" since that gives them a unique game on the market, but its really not surprising that info on ue4 apb is scarce, since its so far out
there are graphical changes from 3 to 3,5 so its likely there will be even more from 3.5 to 4

 
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
as far as im aware (and im not a tech person so this is super simplified) moving from ue3 to ue3.5, while difficult due to a number of custom made systems, is like moving from your old house to a new house
moving from ue3.5 to ue4 is like having to build a new house before you can move from your old house 

i personally would assume that orbit wants to keep apb fairly close to its "roots" since that gives them a unique game on the market, but its really not surprising that info on ue4 apb is scarce, since its so far out
there are graphical changes from 3 to 3,5 so its likely there will be even more from 3.5 to 4

 
or maybe UE3.5 is what G1 left behind and they want to keep all platform on the same version of UE
And MAYBE....MMAAYBBEEEE


re-make the game from scratch instead of copy pasting codes from engine to engine, to then optimize the game as well as they can for better performance serverside and clientside

p.s. idk how the game looks like now in UE3.5 but this is what i recorded some days ago 
Edited by Keshi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...