Jump to content

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, chaoscody said:

Can't wait for the Revelations pack guns to be viable (hopefully)

this. also, the misery and oblivion (and even the curse but not as much) need bigger models... they look so tiny compared to other weapons LUL

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only gripe seems to be with the "Dropping unpopular items from ARMAS" point.  I don't believe any item should be dropped from ARMAS, and I don't see any reason a weapon should be dropped rather than incorporating it into a side-grade of the current meta.

 

All in all, very happy to see a roadmap moving forward though, thank you little orbit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattScott said:

I am VERY interested in adding new languages.. however there is a lot of text in the game. Typically localization rates are $0.10 a word, and we have more than 400,000 words which means $40k per language. 

I think right now, I want to focus on working through the contacts and progression to make sure we've locked in the content we want, and then we'll start the process of translating.

Yes. But I didn't list it because we need to identify where the art went and make sure the UI system is still supported. Once I have all the moving parts nailed down, I'll add it to the Roadmap.

@MattScott

In the past APB still was translated in other languages, as i remember we had this versions: English, German, Russian, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese

Then someday old G1 decided to only run APB in English...

Ask Tiggs, think the old translations are still somewhere.

Idk, eventually they are available on the boxed Retail Version of APB. Only if installed but not updated online after installing it^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SpeedyCat said:

@MattScott

In the past APB still was translated in other languages, as i remember we had this versions: English, German, Russian, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese

Then someday old G1 decided to only run APB in English...

Ask Tiggs, think the old translations are still somewhere.

Idk, eventually they are available on the boxed Retail Version of APB. Only if installed but not updated online after installing it^^

iirc they had player volunteers for translating as well, although corralling a bunch of different translations for each line of text would probably take as much time as a professional translation would take money lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Leefekyn said:

My only gripe seems to be with the "Dropping unpopular items from ARMAS" point.  I don't believe any item should be dropped from ARMAS, and I don't see any reason a weapon should be dropped rather than incorporating it into a side-grade of the current meta.

 

All in all, very happy to see a roadmap moving forward though, thank you little orbit!

Yeah cycling sales is an annoying trend. BDO does this with certain costumes and it's annoying as all hell. I don't see the issue with keeping every item on armas

Edited by SuperToaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

iirc they had player volunteers for translating as well, although corralling a bunch of different translations for each line of text would probably take as much time as a professional translation would take money lol

Yes indeed, i remember this volunteer “translation project“ ^^

I dont mean those translations, i meant the already supported ones.

I know both are not 100% perfect but that is not the point so far..., eventually LittleOrbit should implement the old translations for people that are not so fluent in english and then make new translations when its possible to implement language after language and change then the old ones to the new ones in some patches.

@MattScottEventually APB attracts this way some more players too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we will see a complete redesign of the UI and a new launcher that looks fresh and current!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, superowen said:

So when will the Han server merge with Jericho? 

 

apparently its gonna be last but thats what i heard from a friend

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MattScott said:

UI system is still supported

Are there any plans (Near or far) to change the UI to a design more suiting where LO wants to take APB? Or are you guys happy with it and only feel if needed minor touch ups will be applied? 

And in the Q/A you mentioned the P/N 5 system needed work, are there any current ideas to rework it or is this a more down the line thing?

Edited by Asparii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A weapon balance pass this month? or is that for 2019? because I have very much doubts that roadmap will hold it's dates nor have a decent quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

A weapon balance pass this month? or is that for 2019? because I have very much doubts that roadmap will hold it's dates nor have a decent quality.

 

I like how cynical you already are for a company that's just started updating and has already accomplished revitalising the game and adding functional anticheat as well as communicating when they've promised to.

 

I mean, feel free to come back in 2019 and see how much the game has changed if you have your doubts, but maybe give them a chance to fail or succeed before you start shitting on them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Songbearer said:

 

I like how cynical you already are for a company that's just started updating and has already accomplished revitalising the game and adding functional anticheat as well as communicating when they've promised to.

 

I mean, feel free to come back in 2019 and see how much the game has changed if you have your doubts, but maybe give them a chance to fail or succeed before you start shitting on them.

cynuical or  realism? what amkes you think that them beign so new are able to make a proper balance patch after being liek 2 month into the game? seriously, be real about that.

 

further, functioning anticheat? they basically just turned BE on recently to also ban, so yeah its as "functional" as the fresh FF was back then. We need to see first how well it does over a course of time.

 

you people already celebrate way to high before you see the success yourself. And thats why you might get disappoitned (again).

 

Speaking realistically is not "shitting" on someone. Thats your interpretation of those words.

If thats so precious to you, how about you cehck in 2019 how much of that has changed in a positive way.

Edited by LilyV3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

A weapon balance pass this month? or is that for 2019? because I have very much doubts that roadmap will hold it's dates nor have a decent quality.

the only solid date i see on the roadmap is for july’s console SDK update, where exactly are you getting weapon balance this month lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Asparii said:

Are there any plans (Near or far) to change the UI to a design more suiting where LO wants to take APB? Or are you guys happy with it and only feel if needed minor touch ups will be applied? 

And in the Q/A you mentioned the P/N 5 system needed work, are there any current ideas to rework it or is this a more down the line thing?

Honestly most of the UI is fine as is. The only issue is inventory causing 20 fps decrease. Also inventory filters and sorting but that's about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SuperToaster said:

Honestly most of the UI is fine as is. The only issue is inventory causing 20 fps decrease. Also inventory filters and sorting but that's about it

Oh, I'm not complaining about the UI. Personally I like it. 
I just wanted to know if LO plans on doing a sort of "rebranding" of how APB looks.

(Though I do agree the Inventory does need a bit of work)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the only solid date i see on the roadmap is for july’s console SDK update, where exactly are you getting weapon balance this month lol

Hmm, i think i have gotten some of the paragraphs messed up, they shoudl make an empty line betwen the verison numbers. Yet, well, they want to work on unifying the versions 2.2 in july, so that indeed leaves a bit space for the possibel balance patch to come in july, but I am quite sure most of the earlier 1.19. versions would have to be released then already. 1.19.6 is going to be the next patch already. Also, they said they are already half way through (project 1).

Edited by LilyV3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MattScott said:

Yes. But I didn't list it because we need to identify where the art went and make sure the UI system is still supported. Once I have all the moving parts nailed down, I'll add it to the Roadmap.

Actually, now that you've mentioned the UI, one of the bigger projects for G1/RP back in the days was to port APB to Scaleform. Currently, the game runs on half Scaleform, half old UI (forgot the name of it), thus creating a mess when it comes to performance. Is your team gonna tackle that with the UE3.5 upgrade or earlier? If possible, I'd like to see a proper, modern UI similar to Panorama in CSGO, that's not based on 'bloatware' like Flash.

Edited by 悲しい春

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:56 AM, CookiePuss said:

 

Maybe just be glad you got your account back like the rest of us, and show a little patience and maybe even a little gratitude.

Never lost my account, cause I don't hack. never have, n only have one account. Don't try that victim blaming stuff with me.  But that's ok, your reply's have confirmed my theory that I'm one the 3 legits left.   BTW we are up to November till I will spend. Each time BE kicks me upon loading the district, I will add a month that I wont spend. Unfortunate cause I want a huntress, n have the cash. I wont spend anything till the lag and hacks are stopped, period

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Never lost my account, cause I don't hack. never have, n only have one account. Don't try that victim blaming stuff with me.  But that's ok, your reply's have confirmed my theory that I'm one the 3 legits left.   BTW we are up to November till I will spend. Each time BE kicks me upon loading the district, I will add a month that I wont spend. Unfortunate cause I want a huntress, n have the cash. I wont spend anything till the lag and hacks are stopped, period

Mods deleted where I linked your ffbans page Mack. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MattScott said:

I am VERY interested in adding new languages.. however there is a lot of text in the game. Typically localization rates are $0.10 a word, and we have more than 400,000 words which means $40k per language. 

I think right now, I want to focus on working through the contacts and progression to make sure we've locked in the content we want, and then we'll start the process of translating.

Please, just make sure the person who did the Spanish voices/translations of the civilians NPCs in the game is far, far away from the offices! These are hilarious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 悲しい春 said:

Actually, now that you've mentioned the UI, one of the bigger projects for G1/RP back in the days was to port APB to Scaleform. Currently, the game runs on half Scaleform, half old UI (forgot the name of it), thus creating a mess when it comes to performance. Is your team gonna tackle that with the UE3.5 upgrade or earlier? If possible, I'd like to see a proper, modern UI similar to Panorama in CSGO, that's not based on 'bloatware' like Flash.

I think console is already using different UI than what PC version currently has.

 

 

Also the current UIs (Kismet and Scaleform) need to be replaced anyway if they are to continue into UE4 after UE3.5, since neither seem to be no longer really a thing in UE4 which is the long-term goal engine-wise.

 

 

(I might be talking from my butt, so please feel free to correct me - Kismet/Scaleform/Blueprint discussion is something that flies way above my head)

Edited by Chinook
(added a sentence to the end)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Never lost my account, cause I don't hack. never have, n only have one account. Don't try that victim blaming stuff with me.  But that's ok, your reply's have confirmed my theory that I'm one the 3 legits left.   BTW we are up to November till I will spend. Each time BE kicks me upon loading the district, I will add a month that I wont spend. Unfortunate cause I want a huntress, n have the cash. I wont spend anything till the lag and hacks are stopped, period

pretty sure there’s a fairfight ban for a Mr. MackxBolan, if you’re going to claim it was a false ban then why can’t everyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...