Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all.

This will be a very long TL:DR topic, so if you are one of those annoying childrens go away, im only interested in seeing what peoples think about the current state of the game and its future.

 

So, let's begin.

In the last month the game keep losing population, interest, less streamers cover it, less youtube channels do the same etc.

Th advertising part is obviously dead, or never been a thing in the lasts... 6/7 years, and even if there was something, wasn't really made too popular or really visible.

 

Argoments i wish to get an update on are these:

- Names of chars and clans releases;

- APB Brand Expanding in Asia and other details about that situation, which aren't at all clear;

- EMP Granade;

- New Vehicle;

 

I can say for sure that if we don't have any news there aren't really thigns to talk about those argo, but the hype, the expectations, the waiting, everything is actually dead, totally.

Isn't very cool honestly, because as of many of the playerbase left forever and many are waiting were hoping at least for something, after years of broken promises and no communications from G1.

Everything past the Engine, the Customer Support (which is ended now), is totally silent, except few things said in the last blogposts, nobody from the talks about something, nobody announces new plans, new details, idk, anything new or not yet seen.

 

The new vehicle for example, we don't even know how it is, how is gonna be called, which type of car is, how will impact the current gameplay choices, we don't know nothing about it, and is hilarious.

Maybe the only thing we know is the name? "The Mirage"? Im not sure about that.

 

The EMP Granade at least got a detailed description of it, how it works, how it will affect the gameplay choices, the envoirments, the characters, the vehicles etc.

 

Talking about something other, why Little orbit really seems to not putting any efforts into publishing Legendaries and in general new items into the game?

Well.. i wonder that also.

STS Films always, or almost always, released trailers, teasers, and even very funny videos or series, episodes about apb, incredibly detailed descriptions of upcoming guns, showing how are used, what you can do and how that specific item will help you out, will make you decide to choose that.

Little orbit, if im not wrong, never put out 1 video about their Legendaries, never put any effort into these things and i really can't understand why.

Im not one of those peoples who buy something only based on images or from random youtube videos where they don't even talk about the details but just playing with that thing.

A player could also skip one item, just because there isn't an official trailer, or something, to really listen, to really understand how That object is going to help you and how it is made.

Few examples:

https://youtu.be/F_T3McI5J0U

https://youtu.be/DoZV43vmjVg

https://youtu.be/E6GoUeJVbdg

 

 

Alright, alright, calm down.

STS Films isn't G1 and G1 isn't STS Films, but at least we could see, we could get excited, we could laugh, and in general was also a very cool thing to do together the community.

None of that is now present.

 

Even if STS Films is not at all connected to G1, things remain the same, nobody do videos like that for apb anymore, nobody.

Also G1 published couple trailers about events, GM minigames, kill the dev etc, when LO doesn't.

I really don't want to mark the different between the two companies but LO while being "not like G1", "not silent", is taking similar paths, which i don't like at all honestly.

 

The only youtuber i really watch is Hei, and is the only one that i would suggest to who want to see real and uncut, clear, APB gameplay.

 

Little Orbit don't even upload teasers for new events, maybe the only one was RIOT, which was that funny mode that needed to be permanent with full fledged Season Pass, different type of unique items, rewards, stylish visuals, effects, and a changed district map, customized for that same mode + much other.

After that Matt came up saying "Oh but was just an experiment".

An experiment with all that behind? Aight.. and then i do believe that Santa Clause exist, because he does 😗.

Will blame whoever try to tell is not true.

 

Well, apart from that, could we see maybe an early look at Halloween and Christmas events?

The game is literally dying, suffering form its orrible state, and nothing is really happening, could we get some hype? could we get some good news also about the new engine apart from the classic weekly update?

 

At the end, to finish, what are the plans for the next years?

What LO have in their secret pockets?

What are the multi-year improvements and/or updates?

Are we Ever going to know about them, if any?

 

 

Let me know what you think and what you "expect".

Would be cool if someone from the team or from SPCT to comment under here also, to give.. some "extra" details on things i talked about, if allowed obviously.

 

Lastly, peace and love, stay safe, Inside and Outside, use the mask to protect yourself and the ones around you.

❤️

 

happy reading,

Alisha.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What even is the point in boring, long, repetitive posts if it's always the same 5 people that will bother replying

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Argoments i wish to get an update on are these:

- Names of chars and clans releases;

- APB Brand Expanding in Asia and other details about that situation, which aren't at all clear;

- EMP Granade;

- New Vehicle;

!! Just to be fair: I kind of liked the description of the EMP grenade although a bit messy. Always liked the idea of placing anti-vehicle mines as well for example.  And new vehicles, absolutely ... but please when they have time because, well... get that EU pushed out! 🙂

 

None of these will really do anything for a good US/EU population experience;

 

- Names of characters and clans? I just made several new ones on return, yeah still have my old ones as well but just having fun. Including clan names. You have your eye on a certain name or what? Silly. Maybe think about it a like a year after the EU. Or a couple of months after the EU at least.

- People with more different languages and even more lag won't really be a solution. Never has been in any game. They need their own servers for a reason. It just does not help.

- New weapons / vehicle.. ugh really? For new population?

-------------

Here's an idea: let's get the Engine Update pushed out.

 

 

6 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

What even is the point in boring, long, repetitive posts if it's always the same 5 people that will bother replying

To be fair I just got back so it's at least one more now 🤭

Edited by ExpectoPatronum
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm sure nothing will be done until the release of the new engine. There is no point of advertising the game right now, since the team is full focus on trying to release the engine, advertising the game now it will drag the attention on a negative way with the current state of the game. So the best to do right now is wait.

Edited by Krapler
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Maybe add a RP server without any customization limitations for the time being. 🤩

 

edit: strictly 18+ lol

Edited by ExpectoPatronum
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

Hi all.

This will be a very long TL:DR topic, so if you are one of those annoying childrens go away, im only interested in seeing what peoples think about the current state of the game and its future.

 

So, let's begin.

In the last month the game keep losing population, interest, less streamers cover it, less youtube channels do the same etc.

Th advertising part is obviously dead, or never been a thing in the lasts... 6/7 years, and even if there was something, wasn't really made too popular or really visible.

 

Argoments i wish to get an update on are these:

- Names of chars and clans releases;

- APB Brand Expanding in Asia and other details about that situation, which aren't at all clear;

- EMP Granade;

- New Vehicle;

 

I can say for sure that if we don't have any news there aren't really thigns to talk about those argo, but the hype, the expectations, the waiting, everything is actually dead, totally.

Isn't very cool honestly, because as of many of the playerbase left forever and many are waiting were hoping at least for something, after years of broken promises and no communications from G1.

Everything past the Engine, the Customer Support (which is ended now), is totally silent, except few things said in the last blogposts, nobody from the talks about something, nobody announces new plans, new details, idk, anything new or not yet seen.

 

The new vehicle for example, we don't even know how it is, how is gonna be called, which type of car is, how will impact the current gameplay choices, we don't know nothing about it, and is hilarious.

Maybe the only thing we know is the name? "The Mirage"? Im not sure about that.

 

The EMP Granade at least got a detailed description of it, how it works, how it will affect the gameplay choices, the envoirments, the characters, the vehicles etc.

 

Talking about something other, why Little orbit really seems to not putting any efforts into publishing Legendaries and in general new items into the game?

Well.. i wonder that also.

STS Films always, or almost always, released trailers, teasers, and even very funny videos or series, episodes about apb, incredibly detailed descriptions of upcoming guns, showing how are used, what you can do and how that specific item will help you out, will make you decide to choose that.

Little orbit, if im not wrong, never put out 1 video about their Legendaries, never put any effort into these things and i really can't understand why.

Im not one of those peoples who buy something only based on images or from random youtube videos where they don't even talk about the details but just playing with that thing.

A player could also skip one item, just because there isn't an official trailer, or something, to really listen, to really understand how That object is going to help you and how it is made.

Few examples:

https://youtu.be/F_T3McI5J0U

https://youtu.be/DoZV43vmjVg

https://youtu.be/E6GoUeJVbdg

 

 

Alright, alright, calm down.

STS Films isn't G1 and G1 isn't STS Films, but at least we could see, we could get excited, we could laugh, and in general was also a very cool thing to do together the community.

None of that is now present.

 

Even if STS Films is not at all connected to G1, things remain the same, nobody do videos like that for apb anymore, nobody.

Also G1 published couple trailers about events, GM minigames, kill the dev etc, when LO doesn't.

I really don't want to mark the different between the two companies but LO while being "not like G1", "not silent", is taking similar paths, which i don't like at all honestly.

 

The only youtuber i really watch is Hei, and is the only one that i would suggest to who want to see real and uncut, clear, APB gameplay.

 

Little Orbit don't even upload teasers for new events, maybe the only one was RIOT, which was that funny mode that needed to be permanent with full fledged Season Pass, different type of unique items, rewards, stylish visuals, effects, and a changed district map, customized for that same mode + much other.

After that Matt came up saying "Oh but was just an experiment".

An experiment with all that behind? Aight.. and then i do believe that Santa Clause exist, because he does 😗.

Will blame whoever try to tell is not true.

 

Well, apart from that, could we see maybe an early look at Halloween and Christmas events?

The game is literally dying, suffering form its orrible state, and nothing is really happening, could we get some hype? could we get some good news also about the new engine apart from the classic weekly update?

 

At the end, to finish, what are the plans for the next years?

What LO have in their secret pockets?

What are the multi-year improvements and/or updates?

Are we Ever going to know about them, if any?

 

 

Let me know what you think and what you "expect".

Would be cool if someone from the team or from SPCT to comment under here also, to give.. some "extra" details on things i talked about, if allowed obviously.

 

Lastly, peace and love, stay safe, Inside and Outside, use the mask to protect yourself and the ones around you.

❤️

 

happy reading,

Alisha.

 

LO has been adding legendaries and other weapons into the game via JT shop & revamping weapon unlocks through the JT shop to create a grind beyond 255.

 

this entire wall of text is just complaining about the lack of trailers and legendary weapon showcases from LO directly. I dont know why anyone would want them to spend any time on something as redundant as a legendary showcase video, or an event trailer. you have the community making these vids for them, who cares?

 

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

Well, apart from that, could we see maybe an early look at Halloween and Christmas events?

 

theyve been mostly the same for almost a decade?

 

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

At the end, to finish, what are the plans for the next years?

What LO have in their secret pockets?

What are the multi-year improvements and/or updates?

Are we Ever going to know about them, if any?

weekly updates are posted on the forum u are currently posting on, from the CEO of LO himself.

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

Argoments i wish to get an update on are these:

- Names of chars and clans releases;

- APB Brand Expanding in Asia and other details about that situation, which aren't at all clear;

- EMP Granade;

- New Vehicle;

1. what

2. it was some licensing deal probably for some mobile game we'll never see, since it will only be available in china

3. comes out when new contacts are released. new contacts will come out when engine upgrade is finished.

4. same as #3

Edited by claude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

so if you are one of those annoying childrens go away

"I only want ppl who will agree with me to post."

3 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Th advertising part is obviously dead, or never been a thing in the lasts... 6/7 years, and even if there was something, wasn't really made too popular or really visible.

Why the heck would they advertise the game yet when they're still fixing this neglected mess of almost a decade? Use your brain.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Matt was very clear when he addressed this back in early September in one of the engine updates 

Quote

Rebuilding the player base:

 

With the current state of the game in mind, I have been faced with the pretty tough decision of whether to start spending lots of money now on advertising and promoting 1.20 or continuing to wait for the launch of 2.1. That money has been set aside, but timing is everything. I believe we will only get one shot to bring back players and show them the new APB experience. For that reason, I have intentionally held off promoting 1.20 because that would largely be a short term gain and a long term loss as new players enter 1.20 and then bounce for the same reasons we are upgrading everything.

 

Waiting does have its consequences.

 

Just know that advertising and promoting this game is not a question of IF.

It's a question of WHEN.

 

APB 2.1 has a lot of features under the hood that will either address or start to fix the remaining core issues in the game. It has much improved console experiences which at one point during their launch added significant amounts of players, who then left when the performance was so bad. With server cross play, we can bring the entire community together in a much better way. It also has integration with Anzu for in-game ads that will take more pressure off players to spend money. Anzu has also committed to helping us with a large Twitch campaign for awareness at launch.

 

Hang in there.

 

I want to end this week's update with a note to those of you who have continued to support us both in words and with purchases. 

Thank you. We wouldn't be able to do this without you.

Right now we're in the long winter of waiting for the engine, (from my understanding) it's pretty clear that almost every other plan hinges on 2.1 being live; which was hoped to have happened by now, but as the case often in games development it had setbacks, at this point no one can build hype about the engine nor anything coming after, heck, you people get angry that Matt tried to give an estimate back in April and as soon as that passes you claim 'he promised'. We've been given plenty of nuggets of things happening after the engine; changes to how threat/districts are managed, cross region/server play, phasing, new contacts, new car, advertising to build the playerbase etc etc. But I see, kind of, the irritation of nothing happening atm, but there is still things going on; we're gotten the revamp to the JT store, adding perm weapons, legendaries and most recently customizable armas clothing, there's been weapon balance and been said that there's more to come. The stagnation from the wait has gotten worse than anyone wanted it to get, NA is almost completely abandoned at this point...

Anyway, there's no reason for this mass panic that seems to have happened in the community, the game is still here, [with enough of a playerbase if you are EU or an NA silver/bronze] LO is still trying and the engine is still being worked on. And there's changes coming after the engine. We just have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

is totally silent, except few things said in the last blogposts, nobody from the talks about something, nobody announces new plans, new details, idk, anything new or not yet seen.

weve gotten info on pretty much every plan little orbit has, so other than rehashing the same info i have no idea what youre asking for here

 

 

4 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Also G1 published couple trailers about events, GM minigames, kill the dev etc, when LO doesn't.

I really don't want to mark the different between the two companies but LO while being "not like G1", "not silent", is taking similar paths, which i don't like at all honestly

orbit is taking similar paths as g1....even though you just said that orbit is not doing something that g1 did?

 

kind of a self defeating argument

 

 

4 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Halloween and Christmas events?

The game is literally dying, suffering form its orrible state, and nothing is really happening, could we get some hype? could we get some good news also about the new engine apart from the classic weekly update?

 

At the end, to finish, what are the plans for the next years?

What LO have in their secret pockets?

What are the multi-year improvements and/or updates?

Are we Ever going to know about them, if any?

to me this whole thread boils down to "orbit please make up some interesting news because im bored"

 

-theres a halloween event going on right now (with a trailer and everything no less)

 

-teasing a christmas event more than 2 months in advance is stupid

 

-the weekly engine upgrade updates are pretty comprehensive, i doubt orbit is holding back some random important information

 

-weve gotten the plan for "the next years" over and over at this point

 

-orbit doesnt seem to have secret pockets thankfully, theyre pretty transparent

 

-this is basically a duplicate question

 

 

edit: also clickbait thread titles are bad and you should feel bad

 

Edited by 404
edit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't read the whole post nor the whole thread. But. LO said they were going to advertise the game once 2.1 is live. They had the money reserved for that and all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is what happens when you refuse to read the pinned messages and or use the search function. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

 

The new vehicle for example, we don't even know how it is, how is gonna be called, which type of car is, how will impact the current gameplay choices, we don't know nothing about it, and is hilarious.

Maybe the only thing we know is the name? "The Mirage"? Im not sure about that.

 

 

Matt Scott said in twitch that they would give a sneak peek, still waiting for that though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate those tracking the engine threads where all Matt Says is "another frustrating week, love matt"

Like wtf are you still struggling on? Id rather get news on what's being struggled on than just a "shits hard" post.

Leaving your community in the dark is a recipe for people leaving.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Id rather get news on what's being struggled on than just a "shits hard" post.

I don't know why, but this made me laugh way harder than it should have.

 

Dudes probably swamped, idk. You're not wrong tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, ExpectoPatronum said:

Maybe add a RP server without any customization limitations for the time being. 🤩

 

edit: strictly 18+ lol

erp server? apartments? trespass strip pole?

Edited by ShaiShai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I hate those tracking the engine threads where all Matt Says is "another frustrating week, love matt"

Like wtf are you still struggling on? Id rather get news on what's being struggled on than just a "shits hard" post.

Leaving your community in the dark is a recipe for people leaving.

 

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

This thread is what happens when you refuse to read the pinned messages and or use the search function. 

Quoted myself, I did.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I hate those tracking the engine threads where all Matt Says is "another frustrating week, love matt"

Like wtf are you still struggling on? Id rather get news on what's being struggled on than just a "shits hard" post.

Leaving your community in the dark is a recipe for people leaving.

idk what tracking thread you're reading but the one pinned to social districts only has 1 or 2 posts don't go into some kind of detail. aside from the "i'll post tomorrow/later this week" plugs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Acornie said:

Anyway, there's no reason for this mass panic that seems to have happened in the community,

I  believe that this panic may turn people away from APB as well.

invite your friends people we need a larger player base

 

side note : lets have a talk ? birds n bees ?  I already know dad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I  believe that this panic may turn people away from APB as well.

invite your friends people we need a larger player base

 

side note : lets have a talk ? birds n bees ?  I already know dad

what if your like me and have no friends. who am i to invite?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cowhorseman said:

what if your like me and have no friends. who am i to invite?

just play on a bunch of different accounts so it looks like a bunch of new players :^)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 404 said:

idk what tracking thread you're reading but the one pinned to social districts only has 1 or 2 posts don't go into some kind of detail. aside from the "i'll post tomorrow/later this week" plugs

which are annoying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

I don't know why, but this made me laugh way harder than it should have.

 

Dudes probably swamped, idk. You're not wrong tho.

Made me giggle too. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

 

Argoments i wish to get an update on are these:

- Names of chars and clans releases;

- APB Brand Expanding in Asia and other details about that situation, which aren't at all clear;

- EMP Granade;

- New Vehicle;

 

 

alright

 

1- name of characters and clan releases that's not going to happen. Hopefully it doesn't.

2- No one cares about a APB being a mobile game in Asia.

3 - EMP grenades comes with new contacts when engine update release.

4-  New Vehicle coool don't care what it looks like.

 

Nah i don't watch those youtubers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ExpectoPatronum said:

Maybe add a RP server without any customization limitations for the time being. 🤩

 

edit: strictly 18+ lol

That would be lovely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...