Jump to content
MattScott

Anti-cheat / APB Update Status

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

*Cough* and let's not forget that APB has built in wall hacks and will occasionally show player names through entire buildings.

or just common sense 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Yeah, and would you like to move to North Korea also? CRISP today, tomorrow thought police.

Use the ignore button if someone is trash talking you. 

Fyi it was a 2015 Q2 G1 Promise roadmap :

 

- CRISP: Community Moderation System

https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2015/05/the-big-apb-roadmap-update-new-eu.html

Edited by Fubukigata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice one.

 

I'd like to add a humble comment about this, as someone who have been playing ~6-7 years and also I've been a cheater myself on a different game that was also a third-person-shooter back in 2003/2005 lasting years doing what is known as "closet cheater" I can tell it is impossible to determine if someone is using wall-hacks unless you can spectate everyone's name tags/icons through objects to see if the suspect is effectively tracking enemies through the walls, plus the fact that there are methods to by-pass BattleEye which means that the current available cheats that many hackers already coded in the past would only need to bypass BE in order to work, without the need of much more coding or none at all, so I'd put a very special attention in those players flagged f there are any.

 

Regarding trigger-bot and macros those are also hard to tell by just "spectating" but FF and BE should do a good work to flag these so I'd put my trust on it, and last but not least you have the "smooth aimbot" which is when a player does not exactly "snaps" but is smoothly transitioning from one target to another while locking his aim on targets, they set it up like this to avoid triggering flags by FF.

 

The problem is that an experienced players knows how to toggle on and off his hacks to avoid suspicions and they can even assign a key for the auto-aim button which they only tap a few times when engaging so they land enough shots while still making it look natural. To enforce their "closet" techniques they could even refrain of being on top scores so they don't get fingers pointing at them, sounds oddly difficult to determine any of this so I'm just saying what would be possible for them to do but not claiming that anyone in particular is doing so.

 

I'm concerned with the amount of methods to bypass BE that seems to be available out there, I just hope that along with FF and GMs spectating players they manage to spot cheaters when it comes to it, and the fact that it can be a 7 years old player shouldn't make any difference if FF and BE are flagging them, these should stay under the scope more than anyone else even if you can't spot anything on first sight but lately someone else is able to report new suspicious behaviors on a same player.

 

I hope you guys improve the /report function as well since it would be really useful to stealthy send a message specifying what is what we are reporting, such as if it is a griefer, a player insulting other players, or any other of the many possible disruptions of the game the players can do.

 

Regards,

Sal.

 

 

Dislaimer: by no means I'm trying to encourage or advertise anything related to cheating, if this comment or any part is considered a way to support such activities please dismiss the message and let me know to avoid such comments in the future.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's impressive the work you guys have done in such a short amount of time, delivering as promised this far and being very open about everything, and it's great to see so many players back.

Good job, Little Orbit!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, NopeTooFast said:

 

this makes it not a bad idea how

  

also you quoting G1 for this doesn't help your argument

@NopeTooFast I have no argument to bring or help about a point planed on a roadmap

 

All matters about if @MattScott staff gonna intend to implement it or not, why and when ..

Edited by Fubukigata
quoting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as you guys warn us before detecting file changes like removing muzzle flash and having custom localization files, I'm fine with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fubukigata said:

Finally a CEO with more than 30 iq, seriously thank you @MattScott

 

How about implenting a CRISP staff to apply sanctions about trash talking and hackusating ? It's been toxic over 8 years :x

 

Oh come on, rage hackusations are part of the game.  How else is everyone in district going to know who just got their patooty handed to them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

*Cough* and let's not forget that APB has built in wall hacks and will occasionally show player names through entire buildings.

Yea. Seems like there are specific places where this can happen.

I always notice it happening to garage-doors. But tons of places are just so poorly optimised you can sometimes "see through them" (for their name). Like it isn't 100% solid or something...

 

But there is so much more tough, one worse than the other and some more acceptable (I have been considering to call these as "mechanics" in order to live (and die) by the rules of APB Reloaded).

For example: Ninja-door-kicking (Moving aside a closed door, jumping and kicking the door open midair so you do not land in the open doorway). Door nades (simply placing a wellplaced grenade under, or to the exact sides of the door. It will go through if aimed propper). Corner poping (one of the more acceptable ones, but I am certain that crouching behind cover, only to pop up, shoot IMMIDIATLY with a sniper and crouch down again makes a player deadly and invulnarable). Car entering (don't know if there is a name for it. But if there is no space to perform the animation to enter the car door, it will teleport you inside instantly). WASDancing with scouts (this used to be a thing much more common before, you could simply dance around and jump. Then aim at the target, with good awareness of where you crosshair would be, and shoot very fast and accurately). HoldOntoItems (when the mission is i.e. capture and hold the truck. You can capture the truck and destroy it in order to make it respawn someplace else, but the last team who captured it will still accumulate points). Daring deeds (specific mission for enforcers where there is a raid with the targets E,F,G,H where only E and F are needed. This is getting more acknowledged in the community). DeadlyPhonebooths (ramming a phonebooth can make your car explode instantly, especially Dolton Fresno's).

And propably much more.

 

But to survive in APB Reloaded is to know these rules. No doubt in my mind that everyone here knows these things and uses them to their advantage. I just pointed out the wierd things of APB R, but by now these rules are also the things that define APB R for what it is now.     And I wouldn't want to see (most of) these things deleted.

Edited by koenyboy500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We're gonna put a new anticheat in our cheat infested game but we're not going to broadcast bans and we're not going to actually autoban, despite using BattlEye which has very fast implementation of unbans in the case of false positives."

 

k bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Fubukigata said:

Fyi it was a 2015 Q2 G1 Promise roadmap :

 

- CRISP: Community Moderation System

https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2015/05/the-big-apb-roadmap-update-new-eu.html

Wonder why it was never implemented. Maybe because it was a horrible idea.

Ever heard such thing in other games? I mean in eve you can get banned for rl threats but they are not going to ban you for trash talking and insults.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers for the constant updates! I'm certain you notice how much this is appreciated.

 

This is the part I was the most delighted to hear:

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

We need to make sure we don't punish good players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fubukigata said:

I've edited my post @Sayoree. But wait a sec ; @Sayoree= @Sayori alt forum account ?

Exposed. It's my old main account before I got banned, so I had to make a new one because couldn't even use forums. It was misclick when was choosing login details :^)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we are currently playing a game where no account is banned for hacking. Sounds balanced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Salvick said:

Nice one.

 

I'd like to add a humble comment about this, as someone who have been playing ~6-7 years and also I've been a cheater myself on a different game that was also a third-person-shooter back in 2003/2005 lasting years doing what is known as "closet cheater" I can tell it is impossible to determine if someone is using wall-hacks unless you can spectate everyone's name tags/icons through objects to see if the suspect is effectively tracking enemies through the walls, plus the fact that there are methods to by-pass BattleEye which means that the current available cheats that many hackers already coded in the past would only need to bypass BE in order to work, without the need of much more coding or none at all, so I'd put a very special attention in those players flagged f there are any.

 

Regarding trigger-bot and macros those are also hard to tell by just "spectating" but FF and BE should do a good work to flag these so I'd put my trust on it, and last but not least you have the "smooth aimbot" which is when a player does not exactly "snaps" but is smoothly transitioning from one target to another while locking his aim on targets, they set it up like this to avoid triggering flags by FF.

 

The problem is that an experienced players knows how to toggle on and off his hacks to avoid suspicions and they can even assign a key for the auto-aim button which they only tap a few times when engaging so they land enough shots while still making it look natural. To enforce their "closet" techniques they could even refrain of being on top scores so they don't get fingers pointing at them, sounds oddly difficult to determine any of this so I'm just saying what would be possible for them to do but not claiming that anyone in particular is doing so.

 

I'm concerned with the amount of methods to bypass BE that seems to be available out there, I just hope that along with FF and GMs spectating players they manage to spot cheaters when it comes to it, and the fact that it can be a 7 years old player shouldn't make any difference if FF and BE are flagging them, these should stay under the scope more than anyone else even if you can't spot anything on first sight but lately someone else is able to report new suspicious behaviors on a same player.

 

I hope you guys improve the /report function as well since it would be really useful to stealthy send a message specifying what is what we are reporting, such as if it is a griefer, a player insulting other players, or any other of the many possible disruptions of the game the players can do.

 

Regards,

Sal.

 

 

Dislaimer: by no means I'm trying to encourage or advertise anything related to cheating, if this comment or any part is considered a way to support such activities please dismiss the message and let me know to avoid such comments in the future.

Coming from "someone who's been there" , appreciate you providing this input.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Salvick said:

Regarding trigger-bot and macros those are also hard to tell by just "spectating" but FF and BE should do a good work to flag these so I'd put my trust on it, and last but not least you have the "smooth aimbot" which is when a player does not exactly "snaps" but is smoothly transitioning from one target to another while locking his aim on targets, they set it up like this to avoid triggering flags by FF.

macros are harmless

 

and triggerbots... really? those are

 

even harmless-er

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt,

Very much appreciate the detailed updates that your team has been providing,
and the progress your team has made.
It shows ...

 

The fact that you had in other posts, articulated Little Orbits immediate objectives;

  • ·         Performance
  • ·         Anti-Cheat
  • ·         Matchmaking

Has been a confirmation for many in the playerbase, that your team is committed to;

  • ·         Player Retention
  • ·         Fair & Competitive gaming experience
  • ·         Future Content


Just to add a thought;

There have been many questions posted related to;

  • ·         Macros (either software AutoIt/ AutoHotkey or hardware mouse/keyboard)
  • ·         Overlay Crosshairs
  • ·         Boderland Shaders (3 different versions I believe)
  • ·         Different Shaders
  • ·         Modifiying certain .ini files

External changes (outside of the delivered product),
to provide, a different experience, other than 3rd party Voice COMM software.

 

As of now, the “Advanced Launcher” is the only non-APB service/product that has been approved
by your team.

You have made it clear, that there are some “features” that LO would like to incorporate
into the APB game, so as ALL, have access (And we are all on the same Playing Field),
without the use of any 3rd party products or services to enhance our gaming experience.

I look forward to the future changes in the coming year.

Regards

 


 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Westford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MattScott said:

Having said that, there are some amazing players in the game who have spent years to master very difficult skills. They know the guns and their various parameters. They know the maps and where people tend to go. They know how to use APB's 3rd person camera to attack behind them which can look like a snap. My point is that to the average FPS player, these players can look like cheating. But APB is not an FPS. We need to make sure we don't punish good players.

 

We appreciate your support.


Thanks,
Matt

I have too much respect for what you stated here having put up with bronze staff members that didn't play the game the entire time they were in control of it. Thank you Matt Scott.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...