lvrq

NA threat segregation and dethreating

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

If people want desegregation for reasons other than stomping bronzies, they are free to join the rest of us in the silver districts.

couldnt agree more

I mean why arent they now then ?

On 2/20/2020 at 7:21 PM, Alani said:

Someone made a similar thread before threat segregation and they were attacked by the usual dethreaters because they would get placed against players of their level and then cry because they can't run away and hide in the low level districts and kill off population there.

yep it was me and this is the thread

..and you are right.. it didn't lead to anything good. Just shows that its pretty much useless to prove or discuss reasonable issues on the forums.. In fact its quite disappointing that players have to point out at issues like this in the first place.. instead of devs figuring it out themselves.

As a comment to OP, well, im sure NA is even more affected, but in low hours we have the same story with EU.

tI3f6fT.png 

Now if you are gold and wanna play at this time, what options do you have ???

Im not surprised we have so many dethreating people now. No one likes to run around in an empty instance...

Obviously, im not defending dethreaters who are doing it just to go hard on the newbies, its a shame that there are players with such mentality.. but not everyone is like that.  Unfortunately by bringing back segregation, some are just forced to dethreat to just be able to play.. I'm sorry about this negative post, but im just soo frustrated.. i just dont get how someone can believe that when u have 40players around its a good idea to divide them 😞 

Merged.

16 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If people want desegregation for reasons other than stomping bronzies, they are free to join the rest of us in the silver districts.

mhm.. when one is available.

10 hours ago, Acornie said:

Ok.... This is obvious. Nowhere in my statement did I infer I was unaware of what the actual NA population peaks were, I was (rather sarcastically) addressing the OP taking 11am stats and saying "This is NA. 82" because 11am is a very bad time to take a number for either server, and he took the peak numbers of Citadel to compare them to. Literally everyone every. Damn. Time. when taking numbers anyone who makes a thread will take a very weak number for NA and say 'look how bad', my point isn't that their actual point is wrong or right; it's that it is a dishonest way to compare the two servers

what.

On 2/20/2020 at 7:18 PM, Solamente said:

what’s the difference between half my missions being against dethreaters and half my missions being against bronzes?

its not like either are fun but at least i can report the dethreaters with segregation, whereas with no segregation they get to face bronzes without having to break the ToS

You have stated you don't play NA. Do you? 

I dethreat naturally by not going after objectives unless I need them for a daily or to extend a fight to complete a daily.  Personally I don't care about winning, I'm maxed, money means almost nothing to me.  What I do care about is being locked out of Waterfront/Financial when trying to do dailies.

I liked NA better without threat restrictions.  With no restrictions I could actually play to win and be challenged without locking myself out of a district or the WHOLE game because the only district I can play is at 40/40.

Merged.

14 hours ago, greenfield said:

mhm.. when one is available.

When THE ONLY ONE is available. There is only one active district golds can play and that one district is at 40/40 during prime while the gold or other silver districts have 3-5 people just driving their Vegas around for fun.

Edited by illgot

11 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

look at these people on this thread who ignore that a month ago there was a thread on no segregation and how many would not play from not wanting to stomp bronzes , as well as bronzes who simply got tired of being stomped.

not like we didnt just barely get segregation back or anything for them to come back and play again.

which would make me think that maybe we should have IMPROVED matchmaking and NO segregation

The 5 people who bitched about not playing unless there was segregation did not effect the numbers at all.

lol theyre just vocal about complaining about this and that on the forums

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vantiks said:

which would make me think that maybe we should have IMPROVED matchmaking and NO segregation

until there is a phasing matchmaking and threat rework there must be segregation , or those people who could not play this past month would stop playing permanently.

2 hours ago, Alani said:

The 5 people who bitched about not playing unless there was segregation did not effect the numbers at all.

lol theyre just vocal about complaining about this and that on the forums

1 most of the players do not post on the forums , and we lost half our players during the no segregation this past month.

2 it was a lot more than 5 people on the forums saying they hated no segregation , and more than one thread

Little Orbit has always announced that a rework including phasing was planned.

please stop acting like they did not.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Solamente said:

so dethreaters killed the server population and the proper response is to reward them?

thats definitely a big brain move, i’ll give you that

i’ll pass on the feedback loop

At least better than having a conservative mindset. Not much good came from this game by being conservative.

Funny enough, a conservative mindset like keeping threat segregation, as flawed as it is doesn't matter apparently, is directly against one of this game's key selling points to this day: creative freedom. 

There's really no point in keeping it when the game is already this dead, and to point out another one of your misreadings; no, they didn't kill the game. They did their part of the job, though.

Edited by Haganu
Rewarding everyone (including them) by making sure everyone can still get opp is still better than punishing everyone (including those that did nothing wrong), by taking away their chance to even play the game.

4 hours ago, illgot said:

You have stated you don't play NA. Do you? 

where did i say i don’t play na?

On 2/20/2020 at 12:21 PM, Alani said:

Yes. It makes no fucking sense to kill Jericho with 'threat segregation' but its pretty obvious no one actually gives a shit.

The problem isn't what side anyone argues, it's that Little Orbit as a company actually doesn't give a shit.  They are utterly incapable and incompetent to simply install auto-kick on Bronze districts once someone plays well enough to achieve gold rank. Dethreaters aren't the real problem... GRIEFING TYHARDS are, who dethreat to enter Bronze District, then relentlessly play at gold level all day and all night WTFSTOMPING the actual lesser skilled playerbase (you know the one that gets repeat kicked, tk'd off teams and shit talked if they dare log on Silver District) so that they have absolutely no place to play.  It isn't GOLDS who can't play the game, they play everywhere... it's the lesser skilled and new playerbase that cannot, and is not welcome to play the game. There is ZERO moderation in this game.  Tryhards grief the living crap out of lower skilled and weaker teams... literally scoring 10, 20, 35 kills per mission... while the noob team can't even complete ONE SINGLE OBJECTIVE because they are shut down so hardcore.

What exactly do you think that does for the game population?  Well, we're seeing the fruits of Little Orbit's mismanagement. Soon, there won't be a game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jUsT wAiT fOr tHe eNgNe uPdAte lOl

But seriously, NA had issues with the population since years. Why is everyone acts so surprised now? You people do everything possible to scare the new players away and then cry when there is no one to play with. Ofc people will be leaving. Why wouldn't they? 

8 hours ago, Alani said:

what.

(edit) I went and looked at the original post again and and it was either edited to add in the NA peak population numbers, or I possibly overlooked, if so my bad, that was my only gripe from the getgo. What I focused in on was these two lines: "This is eu right now. 602 players. they can support being segregated. This is NA. 82. We CANNOT support being segregated." that 82 was a PRE-NOON 11:34 CT population number. I already explained myself once that my post was not about that actual point of the thread nor was it about NA's peak numbers at all, which you replied to me with. It was about every post like this comparing early in the day NA times to peak EU times, it's my bad if this thread didn't do that; I picked the wrong thread to complain in, but if you don't understand that this happens literally every other week then you must've not been reading those other threads here, some dude literally tried to claim that NA peak was 100 players one time. 

Edited by Acornie

3 hours ago, Solamente said:

where did i say i don’t play na?

I maybe confusing you with another player,.  Thought you were EU.

i love how people think phasing will solve the match making issues.

its pretty fucking obvious everything else little orbit has done has done fuck all for the game

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Alani said:

its pretty fucking obvious everything else little orbit has done has done fuck all for the game

Peak time in NA may have 200 people in mission districts if we are lucky. Phasing may help a little but it won't solve anything for NA because our overall population is just too small.

1 hour ago, Alani said:

Matchmaking was bad even when the game still had population so yes, nothing will solve it. 

• Like 1

To be honest I'd expected LO to have fully removed threat by now, sure at beta and launch the original threat system somewhat made sense and was somewhat-something to grind for but even then people had their own fun with it.

With all the tweaks and updates and hidden values today it doesn't do much but segregate the people that are left, a fully random MM would already be better at this point and bring back the leader-boards for the try-hards. Pre-mades can have fun in a separate district. Don't play random if you don't want to. Actually this train of thought isn't that far from what is suggested currently but it seems the EU is needed so we can complicate things xd

Don't be too hard on de-threaters today many of them are just trying to play lol. But yeah it's not what you want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jazeker said:

Don't be too hard on de-threaters today many of them are just trying to play lol. But yeah it's not what you want.

Dethreating is a big reason why were here today. If ppl played right between when this happened and now maby wed have a decent pop left but hey, keep being selfish and driving away new players that are needed by stomping them to the ground.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Alani said:

I do not recall anyone saying phasing will "solve" the matchmaking issues , but I do know it has been said it will give a larger opposition pool to select from which would make it easier

many modern games already do similar tactics

2 hours ago, Jazeker said:

To be honest I'd expected LO to have fully removed threat by now,

Little Orbit originally thought the Engine Upgrade would be much easier , since g1 did not tell them the truth on how bad it was.

The upgrade being setback from new issues discovered is why we do not have phasing yet since the upgrade is needed to be able to handle it properly

3 hours ago, illgot said:

Phasing may help a little but it won't solve anything for NA because our overall population is just too small.

that is why after phasing matchmaking and threat are reworked , that we need some means of getting players to come to APB

other than inviting friends and posting elsewhere to come play  APB I do not really know what to do about it

Everyone should be gold

Reasons for being silver or below

1. I started yesterday 

2. I play a lot drunk 

3. I play solo 90% of the time 

I dont know how I would fix matchmaking, skill cant be determined by hours played or kills deaths. The games missions are sometimes in locations that are better defended than attacked and  Visa versa. There's always going to be missions were someone is just outplaying you. 

Edited by Fruitini

On 2/21/2020 at 7:43 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

Dethreating is a big reason why were here today. If ppl played right between when this happened and now maby wed have a decent pop left but hey, keep being selfish and driving away new players that are needed by stomping them to the ground.

Dethreating and gold lock, along with no new content, trashy stompy players abusing EVERYTHING and cheap tricks are what did the game in. The companies not fixing these issues, allowing them to be done for so long, lead to this.

On 2/20/2020 at 10:34 AM, vantiks said:

-snip-

Dethreating never stopped.

Why do you think the NA Pop is so low? Better options of games.

14 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Dethreating and gold lock, along with no new content, trashy stompy players abusing EVERYTHING and cheap tricks are what did the game in. The companies not fixing these issues, allowing them to be done for so long, lead to this.

Theres all that too. Im just focusing on the dethreating aspect of it that goes with this thread topic

• Like 1

Not much point in talking about things that can't be changed now, so how about we focus on making the best of the ridiculously broken system we have?

Bottom line, no where near enough population for threat segregation on NA as things stand. Only one server golds can play, and it's typically full with not enough players to start a second district and meaningfully play.

I don't know how to address veteran players stomping newer/super casual players, but the fact of the matter is that segregation doesn't fix that, as more people than ever are dethreating.

5 hours ago, Apathetical said:

Not much point in talking about things that can't be changed now, so how about we focus on making the best of the ridiculously broken system we have?

Bottom line, no where near enough population for threat segregation on NA as things stand. Only one server golds can play, and it's typically full with not enough players to start a second district and meaningfully play.

I don't know how to address veteran players stomping newer/super casual players, but the fact of the matter is that segregation doesn't fix that, as more people than ever are dethreating.

My fix was simple, I don't play.  There are so many games out there and even though I have spent thousands in the cash shop over the years, it means nothing if I can't enjoy playing.  Logging on and seeing a full silver district with no other options to play just irritates me into staying away for days or weeks at a time.