ChangeYourMind

Old treath system

I’m the only one to actually miss the old treath system? (Progressive 1-10 bronze/silver/gold). Apb used to rock these days. If you don’t know what i’m talking about, check out the image:

https://images.app.goo.gl/hypV5snE9QxzYsSw6

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ChangeYourMind said:

I’m the only one to actually miss the old treath system? (Progressive 1-10 bronze/silver/gold). Apb used to rock these days. If you don’t know what i’m talking about, check out the image:

game does not have a high enough population to take advantage of this threat system.

50 minutes ago, ChangeYourMind said:

it was nice to have an actual sense of progression but realistically i don’t think it would change much at this point

3 minutes ago, claude said:

game does not have a high enough population to take advantage of this threat system.

we still have the system underneath the hood, it’s just hidden

2012 was THE shit....

Yea i'm totally stuck in time when the game AND population was good...

I enjoyed that threat system more than what we currently have.

Gave you a reason to keep playing for a higher rank or to keep the highest rank possible.

Those good old days where there was messages that would highlight that a Gold 10 player entered the district.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExoticZ said:

Gave you a reason to keep playing for a higher rank or to keep the highest rank possible.

Those good old days where there was messages that would highlight that a Gold 10 player entered the district.

Yea the good old days when only gold 10 players recieved the "kind of a big deal" achievement (what i never was able to reach but it was okay)

Hmn gaming in general is goin way too (Edit cuz forum don't like some words)  KITTEN... maybe all those crying "mates" should play some other LO games... kung fu panda, barbie puppies... maybe those would fit better for some ppl!?!

In my "toxic" times i wrote things like "go play hello kitty online"...

Now i t is "go play kung fu panda or git gud in  APB"  

My 2 cent 

Edited by HighSociety

12 hours ago, claude said:

honestly no threat system will work with our tiny population.  It's sad but I think we are at the point of no return when it comes to player attrition.

13 hours ago, Solamente said:

we still have the system underneath the hood, it’s just hidden

36 minutes ago, illgot said:

honestly no threat system will work with our tiny population.  It's sad but I think we are at the point of no return when it comes to player attrition.

they are removing the threat system with world servers anyway. if you just look at how consoles threat is managed, that's how it will be for us, eventually.

They said something about new levels.. 

I'm still waiting

13 hours ago, Roxane said:

They said something about new levels.. 

I'm still waiting

No they didn't.

On 12/26/2019 at 2:41 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

No they didn't.

emmmm ... are you sure ? 

f8bd47d094654814168ad974672344c6-full.pn

2 hours ago, Roxane said:

emmmm ... are you sure ? 

[image]

this is a thread about threat levels not rank levels

9 hours ago, Roxane said:

emmmm ... are you sure ? 

f8bd47d094654814168ad974672344c6-full.pn

110% sure.

On 12/25/2019 at 12:42 AM, ExoticZ said:

This!
I hope it comes back with engine upgrade @MattScott?:)

As an industry we have been moving away from such systems as they have proven to cause a toxic environment for the majority of players. Hidden MMR and removal of deathcounters are now the norm as in general there is a core of gamers who make the game very difficult for the more casual and/or less skilled gamer. They also often tie a lot of their personal pride to their statistics which leads to other issues.

I believe Matt also follows this trend as he seems to favour an environment where threat and skill are not so obviously usable as bait to upset other players. I personally do not see the old threat system returning outside of a competitive environment.

First off: "Treath" made me lol, the word you are looking for is "threat". 🙂

The old threat system wasn't better in the slightest and the current threat system is not bad either. In fact Gold 1-10 was probably never removed from the game, it's just scuffed nowadays cause lack of people.
The current threat system would work great if there were more than 10 people actively playing this game still.
It can match you up against fair opposition and keep track of your rank very well. You will get a pretty good estimate of where you stand based on it.

However since there is no one on the district and you are not accurately put into the correct threat/skill class. Because of it matches just tend to be super unfair. A guy who is gold now for instance would be a hard stuck silver if there were more people playing and the skill distribution was better.

Truthfully there's no way to make the game fair in terms of skill comparison with that few people playing it. APB just has such a huge skill ceiling that it's hard to sustain with that few players. Imagine Dota had like 1000 active players out of which 60 were trench low MMR Russians and 3 were Arteezys. Just no way to make a fair match out of that as the system can only get these people separated that far.

Just now, Hollowchick said:

APB just has such a huge skill ceiling 

Not sure if sarcasm. 

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Not sure if sarcasm. 

Yikes, SPCT and doesn't even know how high the skill ceiling in APB is. Okay dude.

9 minutes ago, Hollowchick said:

Yikes, SPCT and doesn't even know how high the skill ceiling in APB is. Okay dude.

This is the most casual slow paced comically easy shooter I play. 

Dunno what you are on about tbh.