Jump to content
illgot

Are explosive weapons ever going to hit Armas?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Ohshii said:

Is the volcano no longer accessible via joker boxes? If it's still there, wtf is the point of this thread?

 

 

what the title says, put explosive weapons on Armas like other weapons.  It doesn't have to be the Volcano, that is a joker box weapon, but it could easily be a 3 slot OSMAW/OPGL which is already in the game and one of which is available with JT.

 

Basically it doesn't break the game, adds a new class of weapons on Armas, and gives LO more options for generating revenue from people who already have everything they need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i actually don't see any reason why not, there's literally a way to bypass all role levelups except for explosives, i honestly don't see why it would be a problem to have them there

 

im guessing the people above that are against it are just scared of going out of their comfort zone.

 

It's obvious that new players would jump on those offers, and that it's gonna annoy people that vote against it.

 

But in the end, if you compare it to all other types of weapons, it's only fair that explosives go to armas.

Edited by Ketog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ai-Zhú said:

Yeah, but hopefully, you get what I mean.

 

If one team has the option to get explosives and the other doesn't, this is not a fair matchup then.

i cant agree that explosives determines a fair matchup.

but yes i do understand your point.

8 hours ago, Ohshii said:

Is the volcano no longer accessible via joker boxes? If it's still there, wtf is the point of this thread?

 

 

buy one for me then? 😜

7 hours ago, anUglyBaby said:

This game dead peeps move on. 

not anyone's fault you cant hit the broadside of a barn move along yourself then lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think APB players fall into two camps, those that want fights to be determined more by skill, and those that don't.

 

Id rather more skill was involved and for me explosive weapons are the opposite of skill based weapons.

 

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I think APB players fall into two camps, those that want fights to be determined more by skill, and those that don't.

 

Id rather more skill was involved and for me explosive weapons are the opposite of skill based weapons.

 

For now though, it's that only people with higher Rank have the access to explosives through contacts, making those players "more dangerous" than they are already due to their experience with the game.

 

Either take away all explosives or make them available for lower Rank players early in the game so that scrubs, veterans and literally any player has the same equipment to start with, but just different skill levels. That's one less variable, and skill should remain the only variable.

Edited by Ai-Zhú

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ai-Zhú said:

For now though, it's that only people with higher Rank have the access to explosives through contacts, making those players "more dangerous" than they are already due to their experience with the game

agreed

I am part of the minority opinion that so long as APB tries to be comp shooter AND rpg that awards combat benefits through ranking up, (lets not even get into bypassing this process with real $) APB will never feel, or be seen as "fair".

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd prefer that they let me rent the guns for half the price or perhaps even for free once I had maxed the role. Since they aren't on ARMAS anyway I don't see the point in not making them permanent or pseudo-permanent. If not that just put a 3 slot OPGL in the JT store I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I think APB players fall into two camps, those that want fights to be determined more by skill, and those that don't.

 

Id rather more skill was involved and for me explosive weapons are the opposite of skill based weapons.

 

Explosive weapons force some "skilled based players" out of their camping spots which is why "skilled based players" don't want explosive weapons on Armas.  I would happily watch a noob with an OPGL drive "skill based players" from a few roof tops we all know only have one access point.

Edited by illgot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, illgot said:

Explosive weapons force some "skilled based players" out of their camping spots which is why "skilled based players" don't want explosive weapons on Armas.  I would happily watch a noob with an OPGL drive "skill based players" from a few roof tops we all know only have one access point.

Honestly no idea what you are talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, yood said:

33104628-614193702278849-347828374002152

32945187-614193668945519-831333356565168

These are beautiful, and as much as I'd love for these to be vehicle mounted monstrosities to reign havoc in San Paro, I think they're more mission assets or objectives rather than usable weapons. 

 

Although it would make for a slightly to super awesome mission type - either capture/hold the launchers and at the end they obliterate the enemy team. OR it's part of an awesome siege mission type where either 1 team or both teams have to secure the weapons for a stage in order to use them to blast into a bank/prison/stronghold. 

 

OR

 

And I really enjoy this one - they're NPC controlled and part of a certain widely beloved PvE district where the NPCs are laying siege to the contact/stronghold the players have to protect for the round. And must be disabled/destroyed and maybe even in later stages taken over to eliminate even stronger enemies that appear in future waves.

 

 

Edited by KnifuWaifu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, illgot said:

Explosive weapons force some "skilled based players" out of their camping spots which is why "skilled based players" don't want explosive weapons on Armas.  I would happily watch a noob with an OPGL drive "skill based players" from a few roof tops we all know only have one access point.

Yeah that's totally how that's going to go down. Do you what'll happen to a noob trying to use an OPGL to flush an experienced player off a roof? He won't hit shit and will get shot to pieces whilst trying to figure out the correct geometry.

 

Honestly don't think putting the OPGL on ARMAS will give anyone an advantage. By the time they learn how to use it, they'd have had it unlocked anyway. Might put up the teamkill rate for a while though.

 

No real opinion on the OSMAW because I don't use it.

Edited by MrChan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I think APB players fall into two camps, those that want fights to be determined more by skill, and those that don't.

 

Id rather more skill was involved and for me explosive weapons are the opposite of skill based weapons.

 

While true, most in the "skill" category consistently use carbine and ntec, so i'd argue their opinion of skill is arguably moot. OPGL takes a ton of skill to use properly, most will never reach that level of skill. Osmaw takes a bit to hit a car right, and far more than the volcano but against players it takes very little.

 

Skill depends on situation and weapon niche. NTEC is very low skill high reward for example, while Odin is high skill mid/low reward. I'm fine with opgl's aside from EOL's (which noone uses) being perm, we already have perm osmaw varients.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

While true, most in the "skill" category consistently use carbine and ntec, so i'd argue their opinion of skill is arguably moot. OPGL takes a ton of skill to use properly, most will never reach that level of skill. Osmaw takes a bit to hit a car right, and far more than the volcano but against players it takes very little.

 

Skill depends on situation and weapon niche. NTEC is very low skill high reward for example, while Odin is high skill mid/low reward. I'm fine with opgl's aside from EOL's (which noone uses) being perm, we already have perm osmaw varients.

Ntec is easy and OPGL takes a ton of skill?

 

I respectfully disagree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking the access to explosives(including the double rocket shit cannon) should be premium only thing, to reduce the amount of shitters using it. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GhosT said:

There's already 4 in armas though?

No those are in boxes so that doesn't count *someone told me in-game* Appereantly because legendaries are only a "Chance" to get them, That means armas doesn't sell explosives 😐 

Sheepel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Ntec is easy and OPGL takes a ton of skill?

 

I respectfully disagree. 

I said "to use it right". Ntec tap firing is ez, learning to use angles, rebounding grenades off walls, timing grenades perfectly to 1 hit an enemy just turning a corner, and to take enemies out with 1 opgl shot, now that's difficult.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

holy shit imagine if APB had actual ordinance in the game like mortars, missile launchers, etc... hahah it'd be so trash wtf would a ballistic missile launcher do with cruise missiles on it do in a city other than blow everything up including buildings hahaha thats crazy

 

The first image looks like a single fire harpoon launcher which can travel something stupid like 165+ miles and can land in your shirt pocket cus it's guided by satellites and can hold up to 8 missiles in a full launcher hahaha imagine that in APB, it'd have to be some last step in an event or something where the winning team activates it and basically destroys San Paro haha

 

And that SRM missile launcher picture looks like a MGM-140 without the carry. In the first Iraq War the US fired something like 30-35 of them on Iraq, hitting 100% of it's targets 100% of the time, which I'm fairly sure made it the most accurate SRM missile launcher used in a war in world history. Lol the idea of that in APB would be hilarious; every rocket would shirt-pocket accurate and auto-hit it's target hahah like an auto-aiming fire-and-forget Volcano that never misses hahaha good times

 

awesome job digging up that artwork! 😄

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I said "to use it right". Ntec tap firing is ez, learning to use angles, rebounding grenades off walls, timing grenades perfectly to 1 hit an enemy just turning a corner, and to take enemies out with 1 opgl shot, now that's difficult.

It is way more difficult to master the ntec than the opgl 

Main the opgl for a month and u will quite good that doesn't happen with ntec u will need unless a year to be decent

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Zolerox said:

No those are in boxes so that doesn't count *someone told me in-game* Appereantly because legendaries are only a "Chance" to get them, That means armas doesn't sell explosives 😐 

Sheepel.

 

If armas doesn't sell explosives how is the AAEPD and EOL Series a thing?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RCooper said:

It is way more difficult to master the ntec than the opgl 

Main the opgl for a month and u will quite good that doesn't happen with ntec u will need unless a year to be decent

Ntec is one of the easiest ARs in the game to use.  You just tap fire over your target.  There is no mentally calculating the bounce and predicting the path of your target in relation to your ordinance which has its own velocity and drop distance.  Non explosive weapons in APB are hit scan, it doesn't take a lot of skill since you basically tap the fire button when your cursor turns red.

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 8:50 AM, illgot said:

Are explosive weapons ever going to hit Armas?

Well, these usually hit everything...so why not?  🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...