Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BloomGloomFlowerz

Deactivating threat segregation during low population?

Recommended Posts

What are your thoughts on deactivating threat segregation during low population hours such as early mornings, when the system detects more people online it activates it again.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BloomGloomFlowerz said:

What are your thoughts on deactivating threat segregation during low population hours such as early mornings, when the system detects more people online it activates it again.

 

 

golds openly killing bronzes rather than some steering control would absolutely kill apb

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

golds openly killing bronzes rather than some steering control would absolutely kill apb

I don't know but playing against gold players is better than playing against no players.

 

I mean I was also a new player at some point in Apb and and all the other games I play and low population is a better reason to quit a game at least for me than playing against Pro players.

 

As for the original poster-

 

I don't think we will be needing this as the server merge will most likely solve the low pop problem.

Edited by foscor77
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, foscor77 said:

I don't know but playing against gold players is better than playing against no players.

havent you read the threads how golds who dethreated were chasing people off of apb?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing in Gold/Silver districts I've found a lot of newcomers and silver players who either joined by the main district selection screen or just because they need a contact from said district and such. Also there's this problem where if you are needing to unlock a contact you must complete the previous tier in the district they are. I don't know why they keep the threat segregation when there are barely 2 districts at half/almost full pop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

havent you read the threads how golds who dethreated were chasing people off of apb?

If threat segregation wasn't a thing those dethreaters wouldn't be able to escape real golds. Instead, they would leave and make room for players who want to play.

Edited by SquirrelFace
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

If threat segregation wasn't a thing those dethreaters wouldn't be able to escape real golds. Instead, they would leave and make room for players who want to play.

and bronzes wouldnt be able to escape real golds either then.

even after phasing there will be a separation of matchmaking and threat for a reason.

as fair of play as posible

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BloomGloomFlowerz said:

What are your thoughts on deactivating threat segregation during low population hours such as early mornings, when the system detects more people online it activates it again.

 

 

The idea of a treat level is to keep the gold pro players away from the new and less skilled players. Allowing to compete will drive the less skilled players away from the game.

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i feel like it will just create a perpetual low pop cycle - golds join bronze because low pop hours, bronzes get stomped, bronzes stop logging in, low pop hours get longer and longer, rinse, repeat

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just fix the game and get more people to play it LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If people were even-minded, disabling segregation could work.  Unfortunately, the disdain between the threat levels makes this impossible.

 

Threat and matchmaking hurt games more than they help imo.  As I've said countless times, back in original counterstrike and starcraft days there was no matchmaking.  Bad players were compelled to get better vs complaining the games were too hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sounds fun lets do it.

no its a bad idea. it will only drive away low threat players that want to play during low pop hours since they will face high threats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the Golden players have a Fiesta . Jericho's server gets emptier every day .

 

read the comments of Gold: give us one district .

read comments Silver , Bronze : Spare us he is an Autobots . 

Edited by olo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The solution is already on its way, it's called 'phasing'. You will get matched across districts, rendering segregation irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

The solution is already on its way, it's called 'phasing'. You will get matched across districts, rendering segregation irrelevant.

 

But I wonder if having roughly 160 players in peaks hours on Jericho (80 in gold/silver and 80 in silver/bronze) wouldn't make it harder if these 40/40 per instance gets split around 2 or 3 different locations leaving let's say 15/15 players per district as much...? Yet my hope is that phasing will also bring more players considering the low ping it should provide for SA and other regions. But what if we don't get these players re-joining? ...is just a thought I had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would only make sense if groups are not allowed and the game mixes all threats so that teams get a balanced mix.

 

On 9/28/2019 at 7:58 PM, Salvick said:

 

But I wonder if having roughly 160 players in peaks hours on Jericho (80 in gold/silver and 80 in silver/bronze) wouldn't make it harder if these 40/40 per instance gets split around 2 or 3 different locations leaving let's say 15/15 players per district as much...? Yet my hope is that phasing will also bring more players considering the low ping it should provide for SA and other regions. But what if we don't get these players re-joining? ...is just a thought I had.

definately yes when we had true threat seggregation during the gold rush event even pretty empty servers got instant mission after instant mission because the right threats were available.

 

So phasing should us bring back to such alike state.

Edited by LilyV3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 10:58 AM, Salvick said:

these players re-joining?

we are not aiming solely for players rejoining but to make a foundation for new players or there will be no future.

"  have kids in the family to continue a family line"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2019 at 10:02 AM, Fortune Runner said:

golds openly killing bronzes rather than some steering control would absolutely kill apb

Yeah and so will not having enough people to even play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

Yeah and so will not having enough people to even play.

have you not learned anything from anyone about golds in bronze?

phasing is coming any time now.

just sit tight and wait like the rest of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2019 at 1:28 PM, Fortune Runner said:

havent you read the threads how golds who dethreated were chasing people off of apb?

Of course they haven't. To these FC Heros, everything in the Districts is working as intended.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2019 at 2:02 PM, Fortune Runner said:

golds openly killing bronzes rather than some steering control would absolutely kill apb

 

On 9/30/2019 at 9:10 AM, Fortune Runner said:

we are not aiming solely for players rejoining but to make a foundation for new players or there will be no future.

"  have kids in the family to continue a family line"

 

Regading these two replies, that's how it would work on an ideal scenario, right now the very few new players joining the game get lost by joining by the main district selection screen and join the "silver" districts where all the golds/experienced players are and bronze districts are filled with these averagely experienced players that can't pass the curve to a gold threat so they dethreat on purpose and manage by this complex technique to join a lower threat district.

 

Right now threat is not just totally broken because of dethreaters but also absolutely irrelevant and counterproductive to potential new players who quit the game after a couple of weeks because by they experience and learn the high tier weapons and "premium" items from experienced players before they even learn to manually select a district, making them feel the game is totally unbalanced and p2w.

 

14 hours ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Of course they haven't. To these FC Heros, everything in the Districts is working as intended.

 

Yeah, pretty much this explain why some people believes thread segregation is okay, it is not. Newcomers are mixed with highly experienced players, and average players dethreating already messed up the whole threat system badly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...