Just a question to the SCPT/GM or i don't know, someone of the staff, i would like to know if LO gonna release a new map (with new contacts), like a close/long range map, since WF spot are mostly long range spot and FN close range spot. (with the lack of players actually it'll be useless to create a new one, it'll only split the players but if we can reach 1.2-3k players + it'll be good)

Even ceo Matt Scott was talking about new map-midtown which is like twice bigger than financial(even more)but that cant happen before the upgrade to unreal 4.0 which not gonna happen soon(probably never)So theres not gonna be new map(not even smaller FC type)in next years thats 100% guaranteed(at least my opinion)

1 hour ago, Rosi said:

Just a question to the SCPT/GM or i don't know, someone of the staff, i would like to know if LO gonna release a new map (with new contacts), like a close/long range map, since WF spot are mostly long range spot and FN close range spot. (with the lack of players actually it'll be useless to create a new one, it'll only split the players but if we can reach 1.2-3k players + it'll be good)

SPCT here, us and the GM's are just player volunteers, so you'd have to contact an actual LO employee for this one.

A new map would be cool though.

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

Even ceo Matt Scott was talking about new map-midtown which is like twice bigger than financial(even more)but that cant happen before the upgrade to unreal 4.0 which not gonna happen soon(probably never)So theres not gonna be new map(not even smaller FC type)in next years thats 100% guaranteed(at least my opinion)

I don't think Matt has ever mentioned Midtown except when he said he opened it and said that there's really no salvageable map there.  He never said it was twice as big as financial.  Midtown turned into Financial.  He did say when he took over that he would like to add a new map, but didn't specify what it was or that the UE4 upgrade needed to happen first.

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

12 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

I don't think Matt has ever mentioned Midtown except when he said he opened it and said that there's really no salvageable map there.  He never said it was twice as big as financial.  Midtown turned into Financial.  He did say when he took over that he would like to add a new map, but didn't specify what it was or that the UE4 upgrade needed to happen first.

Basically what Brandon said.
Apparently midtown as a standalone didn't get any further than a single flat plane. No buildings, no streets... pretty much no anything.

no he didnt said that is twice bigger-thats my thing cause i saw the maps..he said that looks interesting and will have midtown in mind when some1 post topic on forums about it

Edited by TheMessiah

4 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

no he didnt said that is twice bigger-thats my thing cause i saw the maps..he said that looks interesting and will have midtown in mind when some1 post topic on forums about it

image.png

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

While I would seriously love to see Midtown actually become a thing, compare these two maps.

dfb948503473.jpgBUOGehw.png  

They look pretty similar right?
Based on what I've learned from messing around with these maps I think the way these images were made is just by taking a top down screenshot with the buildings removed, because all of these shapes in the Financial map are built into the ground materials.  So maybe they had the flat plane with the layout for the buildings for Midtown, but not the actual buildings themselves saved into the Midtown map file.  A lot of the buildings in Financial were made for Midtown, particularly the run down apartment blocks and smaller buildings, but for whatever reason were transplanted to Financial.  To me, it looks like Midtown would either be roughly the same size, or slightly smaller than Financial based on the size of the roads.  I'd totally be in favor of them using the old road layout of Midtown, but would hope that they would make new building assets for it.

Just a neat little side note:  That map of Financial is from way back when the overpass was still fully intact. Imagine how boring that would have been.  No breaks or jumps, just a flowing overpass with regular on and off ramps instead of collapsed sections.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 1

A new map is the absolute last thing this game needs, there's not even remotely enough concurrent and active players to support even further splitting.

Hell, for the sake of overall game health it would be better if they actually removed all of the side modes and associated maps (Fight Club, RIOT, etc), and focused their efforts on undoing the damage Gamersfirst/Reloaded caused to the core maps (Financial and Waterfront).

Edited by Hexerin

lmao same, but maybe LO will do something, and ye midtown seems pretty cool

Basically everything that was midtown went into financial and thus doesn't really exist anymore.

Also, population doesn't allow such drastic changes. We can't even fill up waterfront properly, how do you expect to fill a third action district?

Though I would absolutely love new content like that, but unfortunately it's too late now.

Edited by GhosT

That's why i said it, if we can reach like 1-1.5k players LO should do a new map, but atm it's useless.

We are still waiting on the engine upgrade, how are you guys thinking a new map will ever be added lmao

Work on the existing maps. Keeps it fresh and adds to balance.
But not like we have already mentioned that a dozens time with link to the old rework thread...

13 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Work on the existing maps. Keeps it fresh and adds to balance.
But not like we have already mentioned that a dozens time with link to the old rework thread...

do you mean just balance the maps more or do you also mean add more buildings/roads/expand to existing districts like some others suggested?

9 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

do you mean just balance the maps more or do you also mean add more buildings/roads/expand to existing districts like some others suggested?

I'm talking about small changes like adding stairs/props/access points that balance spots/objectives and still change gameplay in those areas.

Why add new stuff before fixing the old ones.