Jump to content
MattScott

7/10 RIOT Update / Minor Jericho outage

Recommended Posts

Just played a little for the first time since I'm on Jericho.  I can see why some people might like it.   But the game mode is def. not for me.  Just do not enjoy the RNG nature of battle royal games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MattScott said:

All three skins will be going onto ARMAS in a pack or possibly the Joker Store at a later date.

Mirroring what a few others have said, there goes any remaining interest I had in the mode.

 

Eh, why bother being coy. All interest I had in the mode died the moment June 28th rolled around.

 

Edited by Hexerin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MattScott said:

To be clear, if RIOT isn't your thing, I totally understand.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Leefekyn said:

And with that, I've lost all incentive to play the mode. I like RIOT and all, but even at peak times, it's nearly impossible to start on Jericho. Knowing that you can buy the skins later just removes all motivation I had to play it.

yea should be RIOT exclusive skin 10000%, its like being able to buy platinum weapon role skins, lame

Edited by largeAPBgamer
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leefekyn said:

And with that, I've lost all incentive to play the mode. I like RIOT and all, but even at peak times, it's nearly impossible to start on Jericho. Knowing that you can buy the skins later just removes all motivation I had to play it.

Hopefully, we'll reach a point where characters can move freely between servers at some point.

 

That, or Jericho magically recovers some attendance somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news, Matt. Thank you for the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, largeAPBgamer said:

yea should be RIOT exclusive skin 10000%, its like being able to buy platinum weapon role skins, lame

I somehow missed that the first time around. Killed my interest in the mode for the time being (not that I had much honestly). No point in putting myself through hell to earn a skin I can probably buy for $5 a month from now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MattScott imo it's the right choice, so stick with it.

The people complaining that the RIOT skins will be buy-able later are imo just being fussy.
The riot skins comes from a game mode and they don't require any skill to obtain, just time investment raising levels with a contact, so there's really no predicament in making them ARMAS available imho, in fact they're the perfect candidates for it, as opposed to unique skins won from GM hosted events.

 

Running a F2P game requires that you monetize rewards, the community should know that by now.
These RIOT skins are a perfect example of a good cosmetic-only reward, that players now can earn via F2P or buy if they wish to support the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice job on everything so far but I think a normal BR version of APB would of been better...less puzzles to solves in programming imo and a better and clean result. More rewards other than skins like joker tickets or consumable that you could buy from that contact would be a good option to make more people join the district. Ask an artist of your team (Little Orbit) and tell them to make a nice preset car with mods in it so we can buy it as low rank players or something... Just SOMETHIIIIINNNG. Skins are ok but really it feels empty when this is the only thing showing up. New decals, new car parts, new tattoos, new cars, etc... something new... and you def get 2+ full RIOT district because it WOULD be an alternative way of leveling and gaining rewards without leveling too fast or too slow. Wouldn't that be perfect for a MMO!? 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

tenor.gif

 

lolwat

Edited by Ohshii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

The Firecracker rewards from the 4th were awarded today.

 

Thanks,

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 10:20 AM, Kevkof said:

Should people wonder what the new Dragon skin looks like, I was able to get permission to share a screenshot of it.

hVe18VA.png

Any permissables for a screenie of koi boy? (the weapon skin of a fish on it)

nice btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the Koi art. Just saying!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 11:32 PM, SuperFuzz said:

Just do not enjoy the RNG nature of battle royal games.

Amen.  And then Fortnite takes it a step further with the ridiculous building.  ONE bullet whirs past a players head and suddenly he erects an impenetrable fortress in 2 seconds!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mynd said:

Amen.  And then Fortnite takes it a step further with the ridiculous building.  ONE bullet whirs past a players head and suddenly he erects an impenetrable fortress in 2 seconds!

Doesn't Fortnite have like 120,000,000 players?

Must be doing something right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Doesn't Fortnite have like 120,000,000 players?

Must be doing something right. 

Just on the tangent of games not for me and the guy I was responding to 😛

 

Fortnite, unfortunately is doing quite well.  I think I'd really have enjoyed it if the game wasn't centered so much around building.  Course all the evil things it has enabled Epic to do makes me glad I don't support that product.

Edited by mynd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mynd said:

Just on the tangent of games not for me and the guy I was responding to 😛

 

Fortnite, unfortunately is doing quite well.  I think I'd really have enjoyed it if the game was centered so much around building.  Course all the evil things it has enabled Epic to do makes me glad I don't support that product.

Evil?

You mean trying to compete with Steam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2019 at 11:54 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

 

Jericho Outage

 

Just a quick note to let you know that we are currently experienced a network outage with our provider that is affecting Jericho. 
It is not a DDoS, and we are still investigating with them.

 

New RIOT Changes

 

We aren't putting a lot of focus on RIOT, but we did solicit feedback from the community, and I wanted to follow through on that with a significant number of changes to the mode based on that feedback.

 

To be clear, if RIOT isn't your thing, I totally understand.

 

New RIOT Weapon Skin Reward

 

As part of the patch, we added more tiers and new skin. I recognize this isn't super compelling. I do feel like the Joker Ticket rewards are fairly valuable given the growing selection of permanent weapons in the Joker Store.

 

Just to be upfront, there are going to be three Japanese skins in total for RIOT. Yakuza. Dragon. Koi. They were all finished some time ago, and we decided to save them so we could give RIOT players something while we finished off the Engine Upgrade.

 

These are just meant to be fun rewards for those players that want them. You don't need to chase them if you don't want to. All three skins will be going onto ARMAS in a pack or possibly the Joker Store at a later date. 


Bad Math on tiers 6-10 of RIOT

 

Here is a quick note from LORider, one of our designers on a mistake with the new Tiers.

 

"Some of you have mentioned in great detail the issues regarding RIOT’s progression. Admittedly I did not take into account the time requirement for queues when finalizing the progression for the new tiers and as such the requirement to progress requires more time then intended. We are working on some back end changes that will more closely simulate a single queue system which will reduce the time required but until then I want to course correct on the pain of the wait times. In the next patch I will be lowering the contact threshold for levels 6-10 from a requirement of +17500 contact experience to +12500 contact experience instead. Any experience gained will be kept and reflected properly when we make this change. I am happy to receive feedback and hope to respond swiftly when able."

 

And some higher resolution art elements created by the artist responsible for the these three skins.

 

decal_yakuza_skull_cloud.jpg

 

Koi.jpg

 

Dragon.jpg

Thanks,

Matt

 

EDITED: I can't spell Koi. And added elements of the skins.

Weapon roles should be able to be farmed on RIOT aswell as on fightclubs and normal missions. That might even attract people's attention. You can't really abuse this thing, as a match lasts around 15-20 mins and a decent player, who has alot of experience gets 10-15ish kills. Maybe this change would help at the population RIOT has.

Edited by Warflame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 4:54 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

 

Jericho Outage

 

Just a quick note to let you know that we are currently experienced a network outage with our provider that is affecting Jericho. 
It is not a DDoS, and we are still investigating with them.

 

New RIOT Changes

 

We aren't putting a lot of focus on RIOT, but we did solicit feedback from the community, and I wanted to follow through on that with a significant number of changes to the mode based on that feedback.

 

To be clear, if RIOT isn't your thing, I totally understand.

 

New RIOT Weapon Skin Reward

 

As part of the patch, we added more tiers and new skin. I recognize this isn't super compelling. I do feel like the Joker Ticket rewards are fairly valuable given the growing selection of permanent weapons in the Joker Store.

 

Just to be upfront, there are going to be three Japanese skins in total for RIOT. Yakuza. Dragon. Koi. They were all finished some time ago, and we decided to save them so we could give RIOT players something while we finished off the Engine Upgrade.

 

These are just meant to be fun rewards for those players that want them. You don't need to chase them if you don't want to. All three skins will be going onto ARMAS in a pack or possibly the Joker Store at a later date. 


Bad Math on tiers 6-10 of RIOT

 

Here is a quick note from LORider, one of our designers on a mistake with the new Tiers.

 

"Some of you have mentioned in great detail the issues regarding RIOT’s progression. Admittedly I did not take into account the time requirement for queues when finalizing the progression for the new tiers and as such the requirement to progress requires more time then intended. We are working on some back end changes that will more closely simulate a single queue system which will reduce the time required but until then I want to course correct on the pain of the wait times. In the next patch I will be lowering the contact threshold for levels 6-10 from a requirement of +17500 contact experience to +12500 contact experience instead. Any experience gained will be kept and reflected properly when we make this change. I am happy to receive feedback and hope to respond swiftly when able."

Hey Matt, Riot is still dead. Releasing these skins outside of earning them makes playing riot for them pointless. You still have the requirement of 16 to start which is too high. This is the biggest issue about riot as nobody is waiting for that many ppl to start a round. It doesnt mater what you do reward wise if nobody can actually play.  The other thing is being able to see the riot servers to see how many ppl are in there waiting. People assume its dead and dont join and were right back to the 1st problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 6:22 PM, CookiePuss said:

Evil? You mean trying to compete with Steam?

Taking the industry hostage is not competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Taking the industry hostage is not competition.

Good luck breaking the Steam Monopoly any other way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...