Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NvidiaQuadro

Playerbase is way too low, future of the game?

Recommended Posts

Steam says 600 players online a few hours ago, but when i am online in NA, there's only one active silver district available, 22/29 players. I type in / pop and it says 167 players online. This game is dead as nails, geez.

NO offense, but i think at this point nobody cares about any riot mode, i sure don't. Everyone wants the engine upgrade. You may be saying new graphics, better visuals, bloom lighting quality, some changes to the environment.

 

That alone for me, would make the game more fun "for a while". So the question is, what is the future road map for this game? because new visuals won't save it. Can the company make 2 new map districts? add weather like rain and snow? bring back the old fun threat system?, finish up asylum and make it into a full district?   Nobody is tired of playing in the same two maps for the past 9 years now?

 

I really don't see where this game may be headed too.

 

On another note, would be nice if LO can get the rights to the old crime craft version, would love to play this version again, or gang wars in general. CC was fun and IMO more fun than APB due to the rpg open world elements.

 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

видео с CHEATCC...  не имеет право существовать на честном форуме . можете считать моё заявление как объявление личной неприязни к автору поста и и рапорту 

Edited by Yood
  • Confused 2
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Cap of active players online is around 1000ish.

 

EU: 650ish

NA:250ish

RU:100ish

 

Yes this is the lowest the player base has been but I would remind people that 1000 people don't play the game. That is just a vertical slice of the active population at that time. Tens of thousands of people still play APB actively and peaks are not a good indicator of actual playerbase. 

 

That said the future for APB never looked good, even back in say 2013. If anything it is quite impressive that APB has managed to hold players for this long and not hemorrhage players instantly/crazily like many games within the same space.

 

Also crimecraft was complete trash. Don't even try to argue for it.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Tens of thousands of people still play APB 

Wait, what?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, NvidiaQuadro said:

because new visuals won't save it

good thing thats not what the engine upgrade is for

 

 

46 minutes ago, NvidiaQuadro said:

bring back the old fun threat system?, finish up asylum and make it into a full district?   Nobody is tired of playing in the same two maps for the past 9 years now?

is that you alonzo? why do you change your name so much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

people suggested a midtown being made before.

would be nice if in the future Little Orbit added a district if/when we had the population/phasing/something to support it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

people suggested a midtown being made before.

would be nice if in the future Little Orbit added a district if/when we had the population/phasing/something to support it.

If we are adding a new district I'd rather see them actually add a 'new' district. Midtown is just prototype financial and has all the same design decisions behind it. It offers no new play spaces that brings new gameplay to the game. An actual new district/map should be made and APB already has some better districts in the lore to choose from too.

 

Not to mention maybe they should actually finish Asylum like was intended almost a decade ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

If we are adding a new district I'd rather see them actually add a 'new' district. Midtown is just prototype financial and has all the same design decisions behind it. It offers no new play spaces that brings new gameplay to the game. An actual new district/map should be made and APB already has some better districts in the lore to choose from too.

 

Not to mention maybe they should actually finish Asylum like was intended almost a decade ago.

yes it would need a whole new midtown instead of the old midtown that had assets used.

 

what else was supposed to be done to asylum?

any ideas?

I've heard this before but haven't heard what yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

yes it would need a whole new midtown instead of the old midtown that had assets used.

 

what else was supposed to be done to asylum?

any ideas?

I've heard this before but haven't heard what yet

Asylum was originally intended as a social district for crims back in RTW.

Then G1 took it and continued working on it with the intent to bring it to a full action district.

Meanwhile they would use it as a way to play around with fightclub.

Eventually they ultimately just stopped, locked down some of the semi-finished portions and kept it as a fight club only state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You make some great points.

 

Let's be real. The last year has been the hype train to disappointment town.

Outward it's still like "THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT!".

Looking purely at the results however...

Three corner stones that LO specifically stated HAD to go as planned to save APB (in non-ranked order) :

(1) Anti cheat: can not be seen as anything other than a failure this far (Matt said if they don't fix this, it's basically over).

Increase population with (2) RIOT and (3) engine upgrade combo: RIOT is a failure and LO is pretending like they didn't state that RIOT HAD to be a hit. Now it sounds like it was merely a sandbox learning experience. Those statements are too conflicting to sound genuine (and don't tell me it's both). Engine upgrade 7 months later than original goal and it's not sounding like the next couple of months will be any different. How much of the population will be left when (/if) the engine upgrade is done?, since we're seeing minus 50% 'avg. players' online since LO took over according to steam charts statistics (from about 1000 down to 500). Any business would call such results very bad. Also, as I heard Kemp point out (paraphrasing here) : No game has ever had such a big influx of players that APB needs just because of an engine upgrade.

So since RIOT isn't going to do it and the engine upgrade (probably) isn't going to do it, then what is plan B? or is it plan C at this point?

 

 

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

(1) Anti cheat: can not be seen as anything other than a failure this far (Matt said if they don't fix this, it's basically over).

I disagree. a failure would be rampant cheating like it used to be and its nowhere near that.

no anti cheat is 100% regardless .

 

18 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

(2) RIOT

cant say anyone expected it to be our "savior" but added content is added content.

and some of us do like it.

plus its still in beta so *shrugs*

 

19 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

3) engine upgrade

 

20 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

Engine upgrade 7 months later than original goal

The QA team and SPCT found other bugs that they are working on. the time delay is not good but I wouldn't cal this a failure either.

It will be done when its done and I'd rather not have major bugs/crashes.

 

21 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

How much of the population will be left when (/if) the engine upgrade is done?, since we're seeing minus 50% 'avg. players' online since LO took over according to steam charts statistics (from about 1000 down to 500). Any business would call such results very bad. Also, as I heard Kemp point out (paraphrasing here) : No game has ever had such a big influx of players that APB needs just because of an engine upgrade.

this was on a different thread and proven to be inaccurate.

 

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

this was on a different thread and proven to be inaccurate.

What was proven inaccurate exactly?

I didn't take it from a thread. I looked it up. I looked at the steam charts for APB as I was typing, to not get it wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

What was proven inaccurate exactly?

I didn't take it from a thread. I looked it up. I looked at the steam charts for APB as I was typing, to not get it wrong.

Steam charts:

Average players the last month before LO =542

Average players last 30 days =498

 

Either you suck at Math or can't read a simple chart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i agree the player base is very, very low. and in a game like this one, that really shows.

 

however :0

 

the game is old and not "shiny fresh" on the front page of steam. nor has it been there for a long time. and, it won't be there until LO gets a few more things done.

 

if they can pull it together, bringing people back into the game isn't a monumental task. but, it all has to be in order before any promotion is done.

 

so yes, it sorta sucks right now. low population. some unfair game play. devs learning this monster code base, etc... 

 

and us??? well, we are hanging in there.  we are all along for the bumpy ride as san paro gets new paved roads 🙂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

You make some great points.

 

Let's be real. The last year has been the hype train to disappointment town.

Outward it's still like "THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT!".

Looking purely at the results however...

Three corner stones that LO specifically stated HAD to go as planned to save APB (in non-ranked order) :

(1) Anti cheat: can not be seen as anything other than a failure this far (Matt said if they don't fix this, it's basically over).

Increase population with (2) RIOT and (3) engine upgrade combo: RIOT is a failure and LO is pretending like they didn't state that RIOT HAD to be a hit. Now it sounds like it was merely a sandbox learning experience. Those statements are too conflicting to sound genuine (and don't tell me it's both). Engine upgrade 7 months later than original goal and it's not sounding like the next couple of months will be any different. How much of the population will be left when (/if) the engine upgrade is done?, since we're seeing minus 50% 'avg. players' online since LO took over according to steam charts statistics (from about 1000 down to 500). Any business would call such results very bad. Also, as I heard Kemp point out (paraphrasing here) : No game has ever had such a big influx of players that APB needs just because of an engine upgrade.

So since RIOT isn't going to do it and the engine upgrade (probably) isn't going to do it, then what is plan B? or is it plan C at this point?

 

 

I really wish You wasn't right, but YOU ARE!

 

Merged.

 

Not to mention, I have Notice a HUGE, I mean HUGE increase of so called New players.

That have nearly every weapon available to them. IDC care personally, but just dont try and pass yourself off as a new lvl15 Silver.

 

We don't really have any New Players, its really low. Its just ReRolls over and over.

 

AND BTW.

 

THE VERY LEAST YOU COULD DO FOR THE GAME AND I MEAN THE VERY LEAST!

ITS 2019! FOR GODS SAKE! STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP PUTTING TRAINEES IN SILVER SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

You wonder why this game get bad reviews!??? There is why. Had one tonight in Silver, i let him kill me 4 times.

Net mission. he got patootie stomped! I try to msg him to tell him how to join bronze. NOPE...Gone FOREVER!

This is a DAILY UNACCPETABLE OCCURENCE!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Havana said:

Not to mention, I have Notice a HUGE, I mean HUGE increase of so called New players.

That have nearly every weapon available to them. IDC care personally, but just dont try and pass yourself off as a new lvl15 Silver.

 

We don't really have any New Players, its really low. Its just ReRolls over and over.

 

AND BTW.

 

THE VERY LEAST YOU COULD DO FOR THE GAME AND I MEAN THE VERY LEAST!

ITS 2019! FOR GODS SAKE! STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP PUTTING TRAINEES IN SILVER SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

You wonder why this game get bad reviews!??? There is why. Had one tonight in Silver, i let him kill me 4 times.

Net mission. he got patootie stomped! I try to msg him to tell him how to join bronze. NOPE...Gone FOREVER!

This is a DAILY UNACCPETABLE OCCURENCE!

well we did just have a server merge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

well we did just have a server merge

OK, but there is still NO excuse for game to put a TRAINEE in Silver District.! Its just assanine! LO might as well just go on Steam or where ever and write a Bad review automatically everytime! And say, APB is filled with Cheats and PTW. We as a game TOTALLY ASK FOR THE BAD REVIEWS with this practice.

Been this way for years and its shameful. How many ppl over the years could we might have retained and SPENT MONEY if their First introduction wasn't on Silver.

And our Glorious GOLD community did what to help them after stomping the living *&$%  out of them? THese are our leaders?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Havana said:

OK, but there is still NO excuse for game to put a TRAINEE in Silver District.! Its just assanine!

agreed but that and other mechanics are scheduled for later after the Engine Upgrade

Not like Little Orbit made it that way but yes it needs work.

 

8 minutes ago, Havana said:

LO might as well just go on Steam or where ever and write a Bad review automatically everytime!

any review on steam wont be good they're toxic - its where the banned people post

 

9 minutes ago, Havana said:

And say, APB is filled with Cheats and PTW. We as a game TOTALLY ASK FOR THE BAD REVIEWS with this practice.

but we aren't and its not. From what i read on steam a majority were people banned but i haven't read any for over a year now either

 

10 minutes ago, Havana said:

Been this way for years and its shameful

thats not Little Orbits fault since they only owned APB for a year as of May but they are working on it.

 

11 minutes ago, Havana said:

How many ppl over the years could we might have retained and SPENT MONEY if their First introduction wasn't on Silver.

No idea. People are fickle anyways so dunno

 

12 minutes ago, Havana said:

And our Glorious GOLD community did what to help them after stomping the living *&$%  out of them? THese are our leaders?

Yes dethreaters are a problem but not all golds are dethreaters . Careful with that.

 

Example : I can go gold if on a good team and get carried or if ops feeds kills or just does bad as a team etc.

               i don't normally get gold but its possible and I'm not good enough for it.

                I just don't want a generality of " gold is bad in bronze , must be a dethreater" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NvidiaQuadro said:

Can the company make 2 new map districts? add weather like rain and snow?

This cant happen before 4.0.At least i dont see it.Indeed NA server has to be dead.Even in EU Riot is dead.But overall solution for the dead game is release of new engine 3.5 with many bugs fixed,new matchmaking and 2 new contacts -all that in the same time.I dont see that happening in next months dou..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

This cant happen before 4.0.At least i dont see it.Indeed NA server has to be dead.Even in EU Riot is dead.But overall solution for the dead game is release of new engine 3.5 with many bugs fixed,new matchmaking and 2 new contacts -all that in the same time.I dont see that happening in next months dou..

its possible to make a new map or we couldn't have APB

HOWEVER

between the Engine Upgrade and then matchmaking/threat/phasing there is not time for a whole new map anytime soon

plus we don't have the population to support it but at the same time the news of it could spike population from it.

too many "what ifs" about it for my taste

34 minutes ago, Gothina said:

Contacts and yeah, maps...... asap!!!!

Little Orbit mentioned adding some contacts but I forget the details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zombie, that's a difference of opinion.

Glaciers, I don't know who that is, so no.

Fortune Runner, yes Asylum was suppose to be made into a full district. But at this point, the only thing they could do while working on a new map is create new environment changes for the old two maps

Guess we will have to continue to wait and see how it unfolds in the next coming weeks/ or few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

What was proven inaccurate exactly?

I didn't take it from a thread. I looked it up. I looked at the steam charts for APB as I was typing, to not get it wrong.

Keep in mind , there are people - including me - who's not playing through steam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...