Jump to content

mynd

Members
  • Content Count

    4639
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mynd

  1. They just need to nerf the Fang; change it to Improved Rifling 1 or a different mod entirely. RFP series itself is fine imo.
  2. mynd

    Vandalism Objectives Bug

    Mission: R.O.A.R. (probably any mission with vandalism objectives like cameras and store-front windows): - Bug occurs when the opposing team destroys the vandalism objective rendering the objective impossible to complete by the mission team. - Vandalism objectives are unique because both teams can do them while the objective only belongs to one team. - New bug, due to recent changes most likely, not a bug that's existed before to my knowledge. When my group plays, we generally shoot these objectives on defense because they're very difficult to defend against in the first place and prefer to move the mission along. It stood out today when we shot the store-front window and the objective marker didn't disappear. May provide video footage shortly.
  3. Not sure I agree with this since it all stems from cheaters with egos.
  4. Or we could do away with threat segregation and players would stop feeling so entitled about everything in this game. Gaming began without matchmaking and noobs played with pros all the time. Complaints were minimal, that's just how it was. The average player was better at the game as well. Hand-holding and entitlement has only led to weaker players and more toxicity. Add in the massive amounts of dev resources companies put into matchmaking and it ends up not being worth it imo.
  5. Are you sure that's true? Thought LoL tournaments were for like 10+ million. IF this is true, it's likely Blizzard putting all that money up, not 3rd party sponsorships etc. It is true that Blizzard does dump a lot of money into the pro scene for hots, just sad that their development direction is all over the place.
  6. A game that failed doesn't have to correlate with a game that is no longer playable. Heroes of the Storm is a failure, yet Blizzard will probably support it for years to come, if only barely.
  7. I think improving APB graphic fidelity should be a bit of a priority, especially if you want to increase chances of longevity. Making the jump into raytracing and dlss might not be necessary anytime in the near (or far) future, but doesn't mean graphics work shouldn't be focused on and addressed. It would be a big deal to me to see higher res textures through the game, to see higher quality renderings of player symbols on cars and clothes. Increasing map detail reasonably with a better optimized engine. Not silly things like adding old school powerlines to a modern city If you want to increase APB's life, I think this is an important part of the process though not high priority right now.
  8. Exclusive items are healthy for a game. Brings a player back to enjoy the items he owns, helps others set goals for future items that may end up being exclusive and rare. Just sucks when have-nots feel they're entitled to everything even when they weren't present for an items debut or didn't put the work in to earn it.
  9. Such things would stop being offensive if people would stop giving them attention.
  10. Can be a complex scenario at times, but I generally think the guy that sees the bigger picture is more responsible in most cases.
  11. One of my biggest pet peeves are people that assume the guy dancing in their line of fire is aware of them behind them and hold no responsibility. Been many a CQC battle where the mid-long range guy keeps tagging the teammate engaged in said CQC battle and then blames the guy when he gets TK'd.
  12. Hasn't it been said that was the plan?
  13. The only reason I care about 3.5 is that it gets us closer to 4.0. Course that is a pipe dream right now, like G1 telling us we'd have 3.5 Q1 2014.
  14. This is where I got lost and thought I'd never find my way back.
  15. You sound edgy, you must be edgy. The point is to win the match. There's more to winning than just aiming good, and that's totally valid and fine.
  16. I believe you failed to read that correctly. He made a comment regarding Remote Det in the base game too, which I responded to appropriately, reiterating that my response was regarding the base game as well.
  17. You can't activate it when you're dead. As far as the base game goes, if you're a decent player, you can avoid most remote det scenarios; it's part of being a better player.
  18. I do not miss smashing pumpkins one bit. I had loops I ran on both and even thinking about it now I have it playing back in my head. I think I did this event the first time it was out on like 6 characters. And then again for the skin the next year or whtaever it was.
  19. Man, I remember another company that would have unexpected results like this whenever they fixed/patched/reverted stuff. Can't remember anymore who it was..................
  20. Better to learn how to dodge Remote Det earlier than later. Remote det isn't a real problem and is only good for fluke kills here and there against aware players. Everyone could benefit from being a little more aware in APB. Car surfer CAN be a problem in item hold missions where people run, but that's a problem for any opp, regardless of level. I get that you have an issue with these mods, but there are ways to handle them or get them one's self at any level.
  21. You must be referring to a low level player as being Bronze doesn't exclude someone from using those mods. Nor does being low level; if one is determined, one can purchase said mods for joker tickets. Lastly, this game does have RPG elements so if you want to properly unlock said mods then you have to play, it's fair. I honestly wish they'd space out the level requirements for mods more than what they already are, top level mods should require you to be r100+. This would also incentivize grinding for JTs; game would be better if joker store had more relevancy at all levels.
  22. Oh man I haven't seen that bug in years and years. Used to be fairly common due to some client/server sync issue. Way to bring back what was great about the game 5+ years ago LO!
  23. They actually went a few extra steps to make it underpowered, such as less reserved ammo, extra shot to stun versus similar weapon's shot to kill.
  24. This is such a misconception that the old team cleared up for us a couple of times. The old threat system was no different than what we have now, it's just REPRESENTED differently now. Same numbers exist underneath this. The "perception" that it's better could come from the fact they had a much bigger playerbase back then.
×
×
  • Create New...