Jump to content
MattScott

May Blog is up including RIOT launch date & EAC

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

or atleast rework the current activities to be more fair for all players regardless of threat?

i see no reason to remove rewards for being better at the game, a large lack of incentives for higher threat is partly to blame for apb's dethreating issues imo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

i see no reason to remove rewards for being better at the game, a large lack of incentives for higher threat is partly to blame for apb's dethreating issues imo

I disagree, also you don't have to be good anyway if someone else can help you to get those rewards. Tell me can you kill 15 enemies in a row? Can you be MVP 3 times in a row?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

Could current and future rare activity rewards be included as permanent versions, maybe scrap whole rare activities thing, or atleast rework the current activities to be more fair for all players regardless of threat?

In my entire carreer of APB Reloaded, I have not gotten a SINGLE rare activity. That doesn't mean I never succesfully finished one, it means I actually never had the CHANCE of finishing one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

also you don't have to be good anyway

if you don't have to be good anyway then why bother reworking or removing the skill component of the rare dailies? 

 

3 minutes ago, koenyboy500 said:

In my entire carreer of APB Reloaded, I have not gotten a SINGLE rare activity. That doesn't mean I never succesfully finished one, it means I actually never had the CHANCE of finishing one.

yeah i'd like to see the rare dailies get less rare and rng based, with perhaps a difficulty increase to compensate 

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, koenyboy500 said:

In my entire carreer of APB Reloaded, I have not gotten a SINGLE rare activity. That doesn't mean I never succesfully finished one, it means I actually never had the CHANCE of finishing one.

You can still make prediction based on following challenges and using common sense. These challenges aren't certainly possible for all players, but again they can complete them anyway without any skill when someone is helping them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

*mentions VAS C2, Summons zole*

 

 

On 6/1/2019 at 12:37 PM, Genobee said:

 

Also the N-TEC 7 Compact amuses me greatly. Been begging for a setup in that very same vein for quite some time now. Especially after the C2 failed so darn miserably and was just plain kicked out of the SMG/AR hybrid role. Figured it'd make the perfect gun for a second attempt at it. Went so far as to dredge up my old suggestion about it earlier this year. Back from when I was in the old defunct SPCT program. 

 

That and I'm a huge fan of already made assets being put to use. Hate seeing work done on something only for it to be wasted. Irks me to no end. Well done on all counts with that one I'd say!

I'm still using the vas c2, it's the only smg that can tap fire at 95 meters hitting every shot (not gonna kill but still.) It seems they made this next legendary with me in mind i've been dieing for more SMG/AR hybrids so i can level pointman without restricting myself to 30 meters, Gonna be tricky for me to obtain one since it's gonna be on armas... hope someone trades it for whatever junk i got.

 

On 6/1/2019 at 12:49 PM, Yoss said:

Whelp. Rip the VAS C2 now. There is no reason to ever use it considering there is a better alternative now.

I won't say better, the vas c2 can tapfire and it's TTK is just enough to outkill a shotgun that misses it's first shot, (vas c2 main), however i will like to see how well this new gun does.

"Inb4 the alt skin is just the default Ursus skin"

 

 

On 6/1/2019 at 1:24 PM, Glaciers said:

does anyone use that? it’s been useless for years after it got nuked 

I've been using the vas c2 pre-nerf and post nerf, I stil "like" it but it's still not as good as it used to be.

 

On 6/1/2019 at 1:26 PM, Yoss said:

I've tried to like it. But it's just so bad it makes no sense. It's stat for stat a 35m ntec.

I've gotten 75 meter kills with it ... an smg at 75 meters (helps to have cover of course)

 

On 6/1/2019 at 6:30 PM, Yoss said:

I was referring to the VAS C2 and how this is a direct competitor and that the C2 doesn't even have a chance. The VAS really really need something done to them. But then again; so many weapons right now do.

I think the new gun is going the Atac route it won't be as tapfire-able as the c2 Either way it's gonna be A perma gun so i can stop wasting joker tickets.

 

 

On 6/1/2019 at 7:57 PM, swft said:

 

It's either incredibly OP or straight trash just like most new guns. Also hate the idea of a hybrid SMG/AR in APB.

I'm hoping for the former not the latter, I on the other hand Love this whole "hybrid" idea of giving guns that are meant for a certain style then are given Rule-breaking stats (imagine a shotgun with slugs that can kill at 50 meters) There are rifles that behave like the DMR but level sniper role, there are SMGs that level rifleman (aces and condor series the non legendaries)

 

On 6/2/2019 at 2:32 AM, Wigglebottom said:

Don't we have enough N-tecs in this game already, do we really need another one?

 

giphy.gif

 

I am now going to count all the ntecs their reskins and "off shoots"

 

warning alot of ntecs

 

 


-N-TEC 7 'Ursus'

c43210fb-714b-46e1-8af1-9927e802b1fe.jpg

-N-TEC 5 Dvah

832020ac-24a1-44c2-bd71-de5124a74101.jpg

-Scoped NTEC-5 RT1

88366155-8463-40d4-bc64-40cb42fece32.jpg

-Scoped N-TEC 5 PR1

85bc564f-9d03-426f-9c29-1a4c1d485c90.jpg

-Scoped N-TEC 5 PR2

3ebda727-dbd2-405a-9031-8b4edb565eab.jpg

-Joker CR-5

fa69786c-0167-4ef1-882e-80f17beb8998.jpg

-Joker CR-5 PR2

74d92bd1-eb7e-47de-94d2-b1e4e5ac2eb1.jpg

-Joker CR-5 PR1

788179e2-2d75-4906-bbbb-e44b3157efd0.jpg

-Agrotech VAS R-2 'Scepter'

c38a8eda-6c4e-4a1e-9b1a-495450bccd08.jpg

-Agrotech VAS R-2 'Crown'

9145f3ba-14c5-4870-85f0-5479785fccc9.jpg

-Agrotech VAS-R2 'Sword' NFCP 3

320px-Vasr2-head-image.png

 

-VAS-C2 'Entente'

3c007192-d134-4f1a-907c-91749a44c6eb.jpg

-VAS-C2 'Trouble Maker'

a4db0a7e-81a3-4906-acee-993e88f4030a.jpg

-VAS-C2 'Tin Soldier'

VAS-C2_Sight.jpg

-and the VAS C2 from jokerstore

VAS-C2_Base.jpg

-N-SSW 74 Dvah

aae393e4-9563-443c-b098-d0a68fb0b5d8.jpg

-N-SSW 74 'Kraken'

29392a12-459d-488f-ac96-e865dced7b8e.jpg

-VAS SW2 'Empire'

b121c7ca-9981-4367-8177-332426c6791c.jpg

-VAS SW2 'Saxon'

695597f7-ca85-498c-b791-08ab9d638ebc.jpg

-VAS SW2 'Union'

1df0de6a-f3e1-48af-8831-ddc4b510bf87.jpg

 

 

 

And don't forget practically every pack comes with a ntec and it's "unique" skin

 

Yes i'm counting the FAR's as well.

 

-FAR 'Spearhead'

c0d40491-7e57-4680-b8a5-811e862f0b79.jpg

-FAR 'Vanguard'

zKdeD_Rt23nN1DJT.jpg

-FAR 'Charger'

BF5271545AA0100C8ACAE724327F14A714D0DCE9

 

 

 

....Joker CR-5 "CBS" , Joker CR-5 "Gold-Plated" Joker CR-5 "JT3", N-TEC 5 "Cops-Bane" Stock , N-TEC 5 "Crim-Slayer" Stock , N-TEC 5 "Militant" Stock , N-TEC 5 "Paramilitary" , N-TEC 5 "USA Flag" , Scoped N-TEC 5 'Spec-Ops'

 

and i'm sure there are more under a couch somewhere.

 

Edited by Zolerox
Sword.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

11 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Agrotech VAS R-2 'Scepter'

c38a8eda-6c4e-4a1e-9b1a-495450bccd08.jpg

-Agrotech VAS R-2 'Crown'

9145f3ba-14c5-4870-85f0-5479785fccc9.jpg

-Agrotech VAS-R2 'Crown' NFCP 3

320px-Vasr2-head-image.png

 

VAS-R2 'sword' but yea, point made.

 

I bought the troublemaker not that long ago, you think it is viable then? And how is it used best in terms of range and gameplay : p  (not counting "catch enemy unaware as a strat ^^)

 

Merged.

 

12 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

You can still make prediction based on following challenges and using common sense. These challenges aren't certainly possible for all players, but again they can complete them anyway without any skill when someone is helping them.

If you get me a date where I get the rare eventthing then I would be happy to complete it within the hour.

And I thought this lane was specificly formatted this way so that people would understand it -_-

Edited by koenyboy500
ForumPostMechanicIsBadMechanic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

if you don't have to be good anyway then why bother reworking or removing the skill component of the rare dailies?  

These challenges aren't certainly possible for all players, but again they can complete them anyway without any skill when someone is helping them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

Could current and future rare activity rewards be included as permanent versions, maybe scrap whole rare activities thing, or atleast rework the current activities to be more fair for all players regardless of threat?

 

Please no, lol, at least not the whole putting them up for JTs thing.

 

New Nanos and shit on the JT store? Sure, do that, but not the activity ones.

 

 

2 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

I disagree, also you don't have to be good anyway if someone else can help you to get those rewards. Tell me can you kill 15 enemies in a row? Can you be MVP 3 times in a row?

 

I did actually get the 3 MVPs in a row thing legit.

 

All the others I cheezed though, yeah.

 

(I also did the three flare gun kills legit, but that's easy as fuck.)

 

 

2 hours ago, koenyboy500 said:

In my entire carreer of APB Reloaded, I have not gotten a SINGLE rare activity. That doesn't mean I never succesfully finished one, it means I actually never had the CHANCE of finishing one.

 

Yeah, they need to make them either a little less rare or more reliable somehow.

 

If you really want one though you're going to want to check every single day, and I do mean every single day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, koenyboy500 said:

In my entire carreer of APB Reloaded, I have not gotten a SINGLE rare activity. That doesn't mean I never succesfully finished one, it means I actually never had the CHANCE of finishing one.

same for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

 

Please no, lol, at least not the whole putting them up for JTs thing.

 

New Nanos and shit on the JT store? Sure, do that, but not the activity ones.

 

 

 

I did actually get the 3 MVPs in a row thing legit.

 

All the others I cheezed though, yeah.

 

(I also did the three flare gun kills legit, but that's easy as fuck.)

 

 

 

Yeah, they need to make them either a little less rare or more reliable somehow.

 

If you really want one though you're going to want to check every single day, and I do mean every single day.

Why not if the JT requirement is high enough? I'd rather grind tickets than check for daily activities.

 

 

Well it's possible, you have to remember that you may face a cheater or team of cheaters who ruin your winning streak regardless if you're skilled or just lucky.

 

 

At least this, they should remove streak challenges and duplicate activities, we can't currently do anything with duplicate rewards. Checking for rare activities daily is boring and frustrating as getting one is very rare, it enslaves you in a wrong way.

Edited by xHenryman90x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Server and client sided with analysis of player behavior in one unified system.

I don't know much more about EAC than that but I like the sound of it.

 

23 hours ago, Yoss said:

Whelp. Rip the VAS C2 now. There is no reason to ever use it considering there is a better alternative now.

I said RIP to the VAS C2 long time ago though when they nerfed it years ago. They really overdid the nerf of that gun. They jumped on it, kicked it, threw it in a running cement mixer for a couple of hours while shouting insults at it, then picked it up again, looked at it as it was falling apart in their hands and exclaimed: "Perfect!".

 

19 hours ago, Garemie said:

Not a single mention of 3.5?

6 hours ago, BernsteinGirl said:

And no word on the engine upgrade LMAO

Well... TECHNICALLY: "...and I'll talk about that more as we get closer to the Engine Upgrade"...

See, it was mentioned 😉

 

9 hours ago, Wigglebottom said:

Don't we have enough N-tecs in this game already, do we really need another one?

True, there's a whole lot of n-tecs (if you count the reskins especially), though this one seems to actually be a bit different than the other ones (I hope), so hopefully the biggest similarity with the other n-tecs will be the name.

 

Edited by SilverCrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Console update soon pls. 

 

Also would love it for the enforcer paramilitary cross faction pack to be added to armas... been waiting for easily over a year just for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xHenryman90x said:

Why not if the JT requirement is high enough? I'd rather grind tickets than check for daily activities.

 

 

Well it's possible, you have to remember that you may face a cheater or team of cheaters who ruin your winning streak regardless if you're skilled or just lucky.

 

 

At least this, they should remove streak challenges and duplicate activities, we can't currently do anything with duplicate rewards. Checking for rare activities daily is boring and frustrating as getting one is very rare, it enslaves you in a wrong way.

 

I'm fine with them upping the chances of them dropping, and I wouldn't mind a rework to some of the activities, but I like them as rare activity items TBH.

 

Like I said, add other things that are similar to the JT store, but I'd keep them separate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

 

I'm fine with them upping the chances of them dropping, and I wouldn't mind a rework to some of the activities, but I like them as rare activity items TBH.

 

Like I said, add other things that are similar to the JT store, but I'd keep them separate.

Whatever, hopefully Matt pays attention to this subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

merge my Han character (which u transfered to jericho) to citadel please ;-; i get 400 ping in jericho and i have 7K JT ughhhhh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Knataz said:

I think Matt has autism

Ain't nothing wrong with that 

Autismawareness.png

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So new gun, new gambling box, new mode which could flop. Only real guarantee'd content is the weapon if you decide to spend money to get it. How about something we all can enjoy like new clothing, more stuff to work with. I can't imagine it would take that long to do and add to the game and it cant possibly break any meta for people to complain. It would make people happy to see some of the stuff they wanted added to the game. It would show people you're actually listening to what we're saying and listening to our suggestions. I would like a pair of UGGS for females, and many more things but its a simple start, and then you could do another item for males too. It'd be a great addition to June's patch other than the usual money collecting boxes that people like myself who have no problem killing people with the guns that are already in the game give a damn for.  I don't think you're known for your combat, more or less the amount of customization you have and yet you guys aren't progressing your customization anymore, making it so you lose everything positive that you have. @MattScott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

I do try to stay current on the forums as best I can, and I’m tracking this conversation. 

 

Thanks,

Matt

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

LO is starting to turn into Gamerfirst and its clearly showing. Its june 2019 for goodness sake and they can't even show us pictures or video of anything. And even worse, they make a blog about a stupid joker box. OMG, Seriously.

 

And i may be the only one, but i could care less about riot mode. All they did was add some crates and stuff taken from other parts of the map and add them to another part of the map and added some equipment and called it an event. The only mode i cared about was the Kill event, it was fun killing for prizes/premium.

 

I think at this point, we want a new full district or finish up asylum. I don't think the engine upgrade is coming, but that's just my views.

Edited by BernsteinGirl
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, BernsteinGirl said:

LO is starting to turn into Gamerfirst and its clearly showing. Its june 2019 for goodness sake and they can't even show us pictures or video of anything. And even worse, they make a blog about a stupid joker box. OMG, Seriously.

 

And i may be the only one, but i could care less about riot mode. All they did was add some crates and stuff taken from other parts of the map and add them to another part of the map and added some equipment and called it an event. The only mode i cared about was the Kill event, it was fun killing for prizes/premium.

 

I think at this point, we want a new full district or finish up asylum. I don't think the engine upgrade is coming, but that's just my views.

no, many people said that before - with the (probable) typo in there, your statement might even be more sensical at this point

 

take off your tinfoil hat, they have (had?) players already test(ing) and play(ing) on it that confirmed various changes.

but nah, they are probably paid to say this

 

in jmbs :^)

 

the blog post only had the jmb as one topic among various others.

and no - g1 didn't do anything for 4 years.

i wouldn't even mind a new early g1. they brought us lots of content too (among also fucking up various things though. but "where wood is chopped, splinters must fall"). late g1 was dreadful though.

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It feels like the only thing LO has done sense they took over is add a trade system lol. Its amazing they haven't taken a bunch of small things, small suggestions, gathered them up and made a real official patch. Things they really can't go wrong with like removing P5 and more clothing. Stuff to keep us occupied till engine update. They'd rather do big gun changes and add more guns to possibly piss people off and have more people complain then do the safe changes. 

TLDR while waiting for engine update or anything actually new. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, SweetLikeCandy said:

Its amazing they haven't taken a bunch of small things, small suggestions, gathered them up and made a real official patch. Things they really can't go wrong with like removing P5 and more clothing.

i don't think adding new clothing is something small

 

removing n/p5 is also a questionable topic,

while people hate it in its current state it's still a somewhat fun mechanic? absolute shit during missions though. (except when it's in your favor lul)

and it does kinda belong to the game at this point. not a too safe of a change is all i'm saying.

ideally they'd just leave it up in fight club and the likes.

(but there is always room for discussion is all i'm trying to point out)

 

and i mean, they did change a lot around the game.

it doesnt seem too reasonable to add new stuff to the old engine if this just means more stuff to port over.

i doubt either of us has a real clue how deep the engine upgrade goes and what it all involves.

 

adding a new jmb over some "normal" armas content seems a bit offputting to me too.

 

but ye e.g. the addition of permanent weapons to JT store is a small but neat change.

 

but - overall i agree with you. there are some small changes they probably could've and should've made - although it's still just not like LO didn't do nothing/only added the trading system.

Edited by neophobia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...