Sign in to follow this  
Nitronik

Premium cooldown reduction is blatantly Pay-to-Win

Premium cooldown reduction is blatantly Pay-to-Win  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Premium account cooldown reduction be removed?

• Yes! Remove the advantage for Premium accounts
    • No! Keep the advantage for Premium accounts

No matter what your definition of Pay to Win is, the 50% reduction to Orange mod cooldowns available to Premium players is straight up Pay2win.
It is a clear cut advantage that you are unable to earn in any way that isn't purchasing a Premium subscription

This issue was brought up multiple times and seemingly swept under the rug. It would be nice to see an otherwise fair game lose its only true pay to win feature.

Wheter everyone should get 50% off cooldowns or the cooldowns should stay the same is not the point of this thread.

• Like 16

just make the premium cooldown times standard, no reason to slow the game down even more

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

As simple as this feature is , it is the only pay to win feature of apb , as it literally gives an advantage over free players for a subscription .

i still don't understand why this feature is still ingame after so many years .

yes this is not a gamebreaking feature , yes you won't always win because you are premium , this is still an unfair advantage over free to play players.

either keep the cooldowns reduced for everyone or don't give a reduced cooldown to premium players .

Im very thankful for the awsome price changes LO did to armas , but this is a thing they went over, that needs to go.

• Like 3

Compromise,

When you buy premium we all know even after it expires you get to keep the "/yell" function so.

What if after premium expires you get to keep the reduced cooldown function.

Must remember they gotta be funded somehow and least this way it's cheaper.

Just an idea,

A temporary fix. no need to dislike it 6 times jeez.

Edited by Zolerox

2 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Compromise,

When you buy premium we all know even after it expires you get to keep the "/yell" function so.

What if after premium expires you get to keep the reduced cooldown function.

Must remember they gotta be funded somehow and least this way it's cheaper.

Just an idea.

There's many ways to be funded without resorting to pay to win

33 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

just make the premium cooldown times standard, no reason to slow the game down even more

Agreed, except for Spotter.

This has been brought up many times since LO came around. The best solution is to reduce them equally for both F2P and Premium users at all times, keep them at Premium cooldowns globally and it will be fine.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Flaws said:

This has been brought up many times since LO came around. The best solution is to reduce them equally for both F2P and Premium users at all times, keep them at Premium cooldowns globally and it will be fine.

Keep in mind this is not the point of the thread

The point of this topic is to bring attention to it once more since LO seemingly ignored this issue

1 minute ago, Nitronik said:

Keep in mind this is not the point of the thread

The point of this topic is to bring attention to it once more since LO seemingly ignored this issue

Yes, but at the end of the day that is the best immediate solution to it and I think it's good to keep repeating that to make sure that whoever is responsible for those things on LO's end, ends up seeing it.

There is nothing wrong with supporting the game but when someone whines over someone having something that they can get themselves by supporting the game it will only annoy me.

If you need cooldowns to stay gold I got news for you..... gitgud

• Like 1

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

There is nothing wrong with supporting the game but when someone whines over someone having something that they can get themselves by supporting the game it will only annoy me.

If you need cooldowns to stay gold I got news for you..... gitgud

I don't, but thanks for your insightful contribution 🙂

Yeah, it pretty much is the only thing that's technically pay to win in APB's architecture.

This should have been changed long ago, and premium time should have never continued to deplete when being logged out.

• Like 2

Just now, ExcessiveForce1 said:

Yeah, it pretty much is the only thing that's technically pay to win in APB's architecture.

This should have been changed long ago, and premium time should have never continued to deplete when being logged out.

Baby steps! Maybe that could be next

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

30 minutes ago, swft said:

Agree with both, Premium Spotter is insane, the rest of the mods are way too slow to re-use without prem

This is a straight up unfair advantage it may not seem big to some people but when you put it into practice there is so many situations where it really messed up the flow of gameplay.

1 hour ago, swft said:

i like to assume that mods will be balanced eventually

spotter with premium cooldown is insanely op, especially when you stack it in full premade with premium

P2W? No.

F2P players fight for as many free stuff as possible.

Companies want more income tho so they offer benefits for premium.

I think this game is fairly balanced in this aspect, and there are certain things just like this one, that you need to embrace as a f2p player. Having this cd reduction will not make you win. It just makes your life easier. 

I am used to play without premium most of my time, and there was never a reason for me to go total banana about this as you guys do right now. 

This is stupid...

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Like 2

Yup, remove it. By definition, it's P2W and there's no reason for it to be in the game

49 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

P2W? No.

it’s a direct advantage over free players that’s not available without paying money

that aside, i don’t think i’ve ever heard of anyone buying premium just for the cooldowns, so why not change it

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 1

Honestly alot of mods need cooldown timer reworks, *cough* remote det *cough* so yeah, get rid of the prem cooldown timer and rework some of the cooldown lengths 

Also, I'd totally be ok with them finding a new premium perk to replace this one with, although I can't think of one atm 

Edited by Acornie
  • Like 2

If spotter  let people know they were detected then it wouldn't be an annoying mod

still don't care about it though I'lll be shooting you regardless so I'll still show up on radar

• Like 1

I too would support the equalizing of in game cooldowns.

Whether you think its pay to win, or just pay to slight advantage... its certainly not FAIR.

And I don't think anyone really wants unfair.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

If spotter  let people know they were detected then it wouldn't be an annoying mod

still don't care about it though I'lll be shooting you regardless so I'll still show up on radar

tbh it’s still pretty insane even when you know you’re spotted, it’s a free wallhack without having to lose out on a secondary (flaregun)

ammo box consumables have negated the penalty of using different orange mods anyway, so there’s really no downside to spotter other than its sometimes wonky performance 

• Like 1

I mean, it may be a direct advantage in case of orange mod usage, but there's ammo resupply, and changing stations every like... almost 150m to 250m apart in some areas, and you can choose spawn points, meaning you can almost always spawn on one. Not to mention there's ammo in vehicles, and unbenownst to yall, yellow mods, which can also be put into vehicle trunks for ammo resupplies.

The only time it actually matters is probably in the usage of nitro.

Those saying spotter, i've never seen spotter used much, if at all and firework launcher works just as well if not better. /shrugs

The reason it hasnt been changed, is because it isn't something needing to be complained about. It's not stupid opaf ptw, and its very minor in comparison to actual gamebreaking stuff, like the yukon/jumpscout/c9 was. If they level it to be equal across the board that's fine, but it's not something i'm going to complain about.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this