Sign in to follow this  
VickyFox

Cupid hunting why?

1 day's notice for a event that is going on for 1 day? It's a holiday for some but not a holiday for others, not everyone can sit around all day to find this loveless manchild!
What is the point of this?

Also can I just say I unfortunately seem to be proven wrong after having a discussion with someone that said lessons weren't learnt from past events.

The Autumn Assault Skin was made because it originally was going to reward a skin that was previously rewarded from an event.

3D glasses was a reward from an event I have won in the past... although I can't remember what it was from, 2014 I think with LadyTiggs? my memory is blurring beyond 2015...

Also 5 day premium,100 G1C which is just a JMB in value or a 90-day weapon trial? 

Ok fair enough that we don't want to over incentivise people to winning repeatedly again like with Autumn Assault but with a max rank character, there's no real worth while reward for a veteran player.

Anyway I was hoping that Autumn Assault wouldn't repeat but it seems like I might of been proven wrong.

Is there anything else going because that surely can't just be it!

Edited by VickyFox
Autocorrect error.
  • Thanks 1

I think it sounds like a quirky little event, nothing too crazy to make you want to jump in and "complete" asap but if you so happen to find one mid-match, you're not going to be upset.

Also the 3D glasses lost their rarity the second they got put into the KTTW pack, that boat already sailed sorry to say.

• Like 6

No time at all? @Lixil 5 Pm pst or something? "feb 14th" can be feb 15th for other people ... the whole timezone thing.

2 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Depressing event.

There was no thread for open feedback on Social District (General Discussion) for this event, so I thought I'd put my 2 cents in feeling a bit deflated and allowing others to post their thoughts.

Just now, Nanometic said:

Also the 3D glasses lost their rarity the second they got put into the KTTW pack, that boat already sailed sorry to say.

It's part of a pack? ...well dang... 

6 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

There was no thread for open feedback on Social District (General Discussion) for this event, so I thought I'd put my 2 cents in feeling a bit deflated and allowing others to post their thoughts.

It's part of a pack? ...well dang... 

yeah.. they didn't even done a discussion topic..

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

yeah.. they didn't even done a discussion topic..

for a 1 day event that would be like opening a Discussion topic for "armas sales"

Hello everyone!

[PC] A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 2/13/2019. Patch will start at 9 AM UTC and will last for 6 hours. This patch will activate the Valentine's Day events. Log in during the event to receive a Valentine's day skinned 14 day STAR 556 'Love-Gun' and Colby SNR 850 'Cherub'. Use these 'Love Gun's to spread your love to other members of San Paro. These events will run for 2 weeks ending on 2/27/2019 at 9 AM UTC.

This patch will also introduce a minimum rank requirement of 30 to enter the Fight Club districts. More information regarding this change will be added in a subsequent post.

[Console] Valentine's Day events will start on console at 6 PM UTC. These events will also run for 2 weeks ending on 2/27/2019 at 9 AM UTC.

Patch Notes:

- Enabling Valentine's Day events and the Valentine's Day contact skins

- Fixed a few bugs related to messaging in the Valentine's Day items

- Adding in a min rank requirement of 30 to Fight Club districts.

- Fixed a bug that allowed you to bypass a district rank restriction if you joined as a group.

looks like the cupid hunting event only lasts for one day, but the normal valentines event will last for the full 2 weeks

the way i see it cupid hunting is just a small little bonus for whatever players like apb enough to log in on a thursday

• Like 1

this is just a side event for the developers to interact with the community, it isn't a normally scheduled event.

Do you want to really brow beat the developers so much they don't ever want to do these little events for fun?

Yet again the event announced by Lixil is missing crucial information such as the exact times, which districts, where to look, how you find them and so on.

I guess it's like the pumpkin hunting where it tells you that the person is in X area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

Yet again the event announced by Lixil is missing crucial information such as the exact times, which districts, where to look, how you find them and so on.

I guess it's like the pumpkin hunting where it tells you that the person is in X area.

Thank you for saying that. I'd only taken a cursory glance at it. Was having trouble piecing together exactly what people may be taking issue with in the event. Seemed fun, had potentially good rewards, etc. 

Though if participation is near impossible thanks to the details being excluded.. I get it. A fun event you can't participate in because you don't know how is potentially more frustrating than not having one at all. 

Edited by Genobee

I get the reasoning why Cupid Hunting is just a day and that V-Day is not that great of a deal outside of San Paro but I would have preferred it to last longer with lesser rewards. 

5 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Depressing event.

questionable event . that is AGAIN thanks to the NEW Policy LO limit players .

Edited by Yood

i think it's a bit underwhelming yes , but i didn't had big expectations either

6 hours ago, VickyFox said:

1 day's notice for a event that is going on for 1 day? It's a holiday for some but not a holiday for others, not everyone can sit around all day to find this loveless manchild!
What is the point of this?

Also can I just say I unfortunately seem to be proven wrong after having a discussion with someone that said lessons weren't learnt from past events.

The Autumn Assault Skin was made because it originally was going to reward a skin that was previously rewarded from an event.

3D glasses was a reward from an event I have won in the past... although I can't remember what it was from, 2014 I think with LadyTiggs? my memory is blurring beyond 2015...

Also 5 day premium,100 G1C which is just a JMB in value or a 90-day weapon trial? 

Ok fair enough that we don't want to over incentivise people to winning repeatedly again like with Autumn Assault but with a max rank character, there's no real worth while reward for a veteran player.

Anyway I was hoping that Autumn Assault wouldn't repeat but it seems like I might of been proven wrong.

Is there anything else going because that surely can't just be it!

we continue to be impressed by the success )) everything is OK !

@Lixil can you at least confirm it's feb 14th UTC? (so i can go to sleep and not drink 3 litre's of coffee)

• Like 1

"double post" i try to avoid these but I'd rather do this then edit the thing above (and you get no "PING" if someone edits somethin)

I made a thing, It's kind of a guide to the event (all it really is if your intrested is alot of Tables showing you Every reward for each valentines day role)

CUPID HUNTING! - And What all the roles Unlock

When i wake up tomorrow I'll add some images to it (showing the weapon skin and preset logo's) cbf doing all the clothing items and titles like i've done with previous event This one isn't really worth a

"AAA Zolerox Guide"

Edited by Zolerox

Heya guys, I can see there is some confusion for this mini event.

First off, this is just a small treat for the actual Valentine's day, which is Feburary 14th. It will be entire day for Citadel (GMT +2), entire day for Jericho (PDT) and entire day for Nekrova.

As for the location and the time where to look for them... It's supposed to be a hunt. They can be in any districts, and they will be poping around whenever they feel like shooting the arrows(It doesn't mean it will be 1 cupid in 1 district every 5 hours)!

But don't worry, there is a lot of rewards for everyone (assuming you reply on the questions correctly). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lixil said:

Heya guys, I can see there is some confusion for this mini event.

First off, this is just a small treat for the actual Valentine's day, which is Feburary 14th. It will be entire day for Citadel (GMT +2), entire day for Jericho (PDT) and entire day for Nekrova.

As for the location and the time where to look for them... It's supposed to be a hunt. They can be in any districts, and they will be poping around whenever they feel like shooting the arrows(It doesn't mean it will be 1 cupid in 1 district every 5 hours)!

But don't worry, there is a lot of rewards for everyone (assuming you reply on the questions correctly). 

Will the event be on PS4?

49 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Member when 3d glasses were a rare reward item.

I member.

Why did people ever even want them?

What kind of tool wears 3D glasses?

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Why did people ever even want them?

What kind of tool wears 3D glasses?

To show others that they have an item that they don't have and rub it in.

Hey did you know I have the butcher skin?

4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

To show others that they have an item that they don't have and rub it in.

Hey did you know I have the butcher skin?

That's a bummer. 

It's probably the second ugliest skin.

It's like the Fez of skins.

Sign in to follow this