Shamis

Threat - in all honesty...

8 minutes ago, MrChan said:

That would just make people decide missions are unfair before anyone's fired a shot.

"Not that good" is relative. You're still familiar with using the TPS camera to your advantage, you're familiar with the game's movement, the recoil mechanics, the aggressive damage drop off and with the maps. 

Someone new to APB might legitimately take a lot more than 3 missions to go Silver or Gold. Just cos you're not as good at those things as the best APB player doesn't mean you haven't got skills that a new player doesn't.

Right they still have a lot to learn. 

But, they still don't stay in these threats long enough. Especially green. You're missing my whole point because I stated how fast we could all do it now. My bad. 

Question. 

What threat level has the most players? 

I'm legitimately asking. One would assume Silver, but I dont know that for a fact. Also, I'm aware that it constantly changes based new player influx and dethreating yada yada. 

But on average what percentage of players are Gold, Silver and Bronze.?

7 minutes ago, Havana said:

Right they still have a lot to learn. 

But, they still don't stay in these threats long enough. Especially green. You're missing my whole point because I stated how fast we could all do it now. My bad. 

I suppose it's possible they don't, cos I'm not in the Bronze/ Green ecosystem to see.

I don't have an issue that a rerolling vet goes straight in at Gold, though. Shouldn't that be what happens, given our experience? Unless you mean that in a hypothetical if we were all new players with no APB experience, any of us with a properly intact cranium would breeze through to Gold?

Edited by MrChan

Green lasts maybe average of 2 or missions for most new players. 

Freaking forget I ever said any existing player could easily go gold. 

THAT WAS NOT MY POINT!

Get off of it! 

Thats why I said my bad. 

Everyone talks about the huge Gold skill gap. 

No shit! 

Make the noobies play with noobies longer by increasing the length of time and experience you are in Bronze and ESPECIALLY Green by a mile. 

Let them actually have FUN playing in the currently EMPTY green servers with people who really are new and on par with them. 

Instead if getting ripped by dethreaters with explosives. 

Then once again, if you go Silver ONE time you can NEVER dethreat to Bronze and go to Green district. 

Right now we have a Empty Gold and Empty Green. 

I don't buy all that Not enuff Golds to play with, but OK. 

But, why empty green. 

Because, most new players don't know how to manually select their appropriate district. 

You know just like the low silvers yall feed on that don't know any better either. 

So why not, make Green be the Default server for those first 3 tiers? 

Sure, some. Will make new accounts to troll, but thay do that already anyway. 

Oh, so enforced lower threat for x number of missions and then no possibility to dethreat after a certain threat is reached? Effectively a protected newbie ecosystem. Not a bad idea on paper, I'll give you that. 

But with all the Sad Kens that populate this game, they'd just reroll for whatever number of missions of newb stomping are permitted, and then reroll again. Then again  is that any different from shedloads of R255s dethreating all the time?

8 hours ago, TzickyT said:

threat system is fucked up becous to much silvers in brons district and to much golds in silver district ... time to make a purple threat

Current english fucked up, time to make a new translator.

No but srsly the current system is fucked up cause there are too many dethreaters, matchmaking is broken as hell and its way too easy to get silver and gold vs it being hard to get and maintain green the lowest threat there is. It should be easier to get lower threats and harder to get and maintain high threats (not to mention hard to dethreat)

3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

APB basis its matchmaking on the players MMR/ELO rating not their threat level. Threat level is just a general indicator of that rating.

????

so if visually a player goes from bronze to gold by getting carried through a few missions by a decent pug, somehow his threat/elo/mmr isn’t affected?

1 hour ago, Havana said:

Green lasts maybe average of 2 or missions for most new players. 

Freaking forget I ever said any existing player could easily go gold. 

THAT WAS NOT MY POINT!

Get off of it! 

Thats why I said my bad. 

Everyone talks about the huge Gold skill gap. 

No shit! 

Make the noobies play with noobies longer by increasing the length of time and experience you are in Bronze and ESPECIALLY Green by a mile. 

Let them actually have FUN playing in the currently EMPTY green servers with people who really are new and on par with them. 

Instead if getting ripped by dethreaters with explosives. 

Then once again, if you go Silver ONE time you can NEVER dethreat to Bronze and go to Green district. 

Right now we have a Empty Gold and Empty Green. 

I don't buy all that Not enuff Golds to play with, but OK. 

But, why empty green. 

Because, most new players don't know how to manually select their appropriate district. 

You know just like the low silvers yall feed on that don't know any better either. 

So why not, make Green be the Default server for those first 3 tiers? 

Sure, some. Will make new accounts to troll, but thay do that already anyway. 

1. Green lasts 0 missions as if you have any kind of skill you will go straight to bronze. Back in 2011 when I started APB and threat actually meant something I never had green I skipped it to bronze and never had it ever. If back then it could be skipped what makes you think that it exists now when its 50x easier to get the high threats?

2. Green is dead cause theres no green pop, not because ppl dont know how to select it. If your a green threat and you use auto select it will put you in a green dist, why? Cause auto dist puts you in your threat lvl dist. Auto is setup to put you in the appropriate threat lvl dist and that wont change. What changes is manually selecting a dist, there you can pick any dist 1 threat lvl higher and lower then what you currently have.

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

????

so if visually a player goes from bronze to gold by getting carried through a few missions by a decent pug, somehow his threat/elo/mmr isn’t affected?

They're talking about the whole 1-10 green, 1-10 bronze, 1-10, silver, 1-10 gold idicator thing and how it doesn't show that anymore, it only shows green, bronze, silver, and gold.

Using the whole 'ELO/MMR' as an example of what they're talking about considering most people understand what those are.

49 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

1. Green lasts 0 missions as if you have any kind of skill you will go straight to bronze. Back in 2011 when I started APB and threat actually meant something I never had green I skipped it to bronze and never had it ever. If back then it could be skipped what makes you think that it exists now when its 50x easier to get the high threats?

2. Green is dead cause theres no green pop, not because ppl dont know how to select it. If your a green threat and you use auto select it will put you in a green dist, why? Cause auto dist puts you in your threat lvl dist. Auto is setup to put you in the appropriate threat lvl dist and that wont change. What changes is manually selecting a dist, there you can pick any dist 1 threat lvl higher and lower then what you currently have.

Wow, Rrally. Another one missed the point.. Im not going to tyoe it for you a 3rd time. 

4 minutes ago, Havana said:

Wow, Rrally. Another one missed the point.. Im not going to tyoe it for you a 3rd time. 

That IS the point and reality. Get with it.

I've seen silvers killing goldens

1 minute ago, Xandra94 said:

I've seen silvers killing goldens

Silvers can kill golds, bronzies can as well but rare.

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Do you mean 2014?

Cos Green threat didn't exist in 2011. It wasn't put into the game until they stopped showing the graduated differences within a single threat colour (ie. Bronze 1-10, Silver 1-10 etc.). That was at least a year after release, possibly longer.

Edited by MrChan

6 hours ago, Havana said:

I would much rather see slight attempts and tweaks like this every update than weird 3 faction events 

👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The great thing is this skewing of threat only affects the graphical indicator. The MMR/ELO behind the scenes is unaffected and thus so is matchmaking. So the excuse of matchmaking is one that is flawed.

How the mmr system works? I have 20 winrate daily with my friends, but we still keep getting newbies low level silvers.

21 minutes ago, Lign said:

How the mmr system works? I have 20 winrate daily with my friends, but we still keep getting newbies low level silvers.

Thats more about APB being dead than anything else.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Thats more about APB being dead than anything else.

I rather wait for normal oppo than instantly get low silvers while having 255 premade 

Fully agree with OP. Let's add that the current system is lousy in more ways than worth posting about.

yes the high and low gold skill difference is big, but what is the solution? Today as a group of 3 golds getting opposition is an issue. Making a tighter determination for threats would not solve the real issues: the lack of people available to match at the same threat level.  Often enough a group of 2 golds gets silver and even bronzes opposed due to the lack of proper opponents.. So even if you would cut those gold levels into like gold 1 - gold30 for a finer determination between the gold levels the number of players is not sufficient to make a proper use of those better slicing of gold levels.

if we had like 2,5k players again at prime time evenings as Obeya did and then had district crossing MM yes then a better slicing would make sense. But atm that's unfeasible, or at least would not have a real impact in improving MM.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lign said:

Even the best matchmaking/ranking system in the world won't work with APB's population.

15 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

????

Come on VSB. You're smarter than that.

6 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

yes the high and low gold skill difference is big, but what is the solution? Today as a group of 3 golds getting opposition is an issue. Making a tighter determination for threats would not solve the real issues: the lack of people available to match at the same threat level.  Often enough a group of 2 golds gets silver and even bronzes opposed due to the lack of proper opponents.. So even if you would cut those gold levels into like gold 1 - gold30 for a finer determination between the gold levels the number of players is not sufficient to make a proper use of those better slicing of gold levels.

if we had like 2,5k players again at prime time evenings as Obeya did and then had district crossing MM yes then a better slicing would make sense. But atm that's unfeasible, or at least would not have a real impact in improving MM.

The Topic is about helping noobs.  (edit) my bad I'm in too many topics on my phone. 

The Gold skill gap is a different issue entirely. 

I'm just talking about utilizing Green districts for a safe environment for new players to learn the game and love it like us. 

We seem to have a decent influx of new players. But because of the abuse and even Silver skill gap, they quit as fast as they come. 

It would be nice to have some people stick around and spend money on the game. We need to stop the hemorrhaging or even with upgrade its not going to matter. 

Edited by Havana

7 hours ago, Lign said:

I rather wait for normal oppo than instantly get low silvers while having 255 premade 

Same... But then again I like getting at least one mission per hour. 

• Like 2

A bit off topic, but...

Green threat might be the most redundant threat color in existence.

In case LO is thinking in doing something. removing it or overhauling could be a good start.