Kariiim

Please this should be done for low pc peaple with ogre or thunder or anygun having incredble shots

yesterday I entered vs a team all ogre max rank they won 18 miss strike lol the problem is not in that every shot they shot my fps get ruined I play in 20 fps I get used to this so it easy for me anyways so I entered vs  them I can't even move my aim lol it was really horrible for me like all i want is to just to give something doesn't ruin people fps also with thunder and AMG also  i wanted just to have something doesn't ruin my fps because this is really hard on me and other players like my situation  

Genuinely I am sorry you're having a tough time, but what about the rest of us?

I wish there was a simple solution but this would affect every other player and these guns were intended to be like this.

Whole team of true ogre? Damn. That shit deserve name and shame but it's against rules.

Sadly currently with such low population there is no other recipe than endure. Just ignore them and move along.

I just wish matchmaking would realize that if you keep losing against some team that maybe it got some kind of advantage and try someone different in matchmaking to pair up.

Also well this weapons are taking FPS on both sides so there is that. This engine poorly handles effects. 

Edited by Mitne

there was 2 ogres , but ok.

Now what do you expect us to do ?

Edited by Ketog

Just now, Ketog said:

Just tell him your ping, that should calm him down.

4 minutes ago, Ketog said:

Only 2? Those are rookie numbers.

4 hours ago, CerealXKiller said:

yesterday I entered vs a team all ogre max rank they won 18 miss strike lol the problem is not in that every shot they shot my fps get ruined I play in 20 fps I get used to this so it easy for me anyways so I entered vs  them I can't even move my aim lol it was really horrible for me like all i want is to just to give something doesn't ruin people fps also with thunder and AMG also  i wanted just to have something doesn't ruin my fps because this is really hard on me and other players like my situation  

Upgrade pc.

14 minutes ago, Slithice said:

Upgrade pc.

No rudeness intended but yeah... upgrading your PC is all you really can do or just try a more ranged weapon.

APB is running ok for most other people, but there will be the few with lower spec PCs that will have technical issues. Sadly not everyone can be catered to.

hopefully the Engine Upgrade will optimise things further and release a few more FPS

20 minutes ago, owzzy said:

Only 2? Those are rookie numbers.

Still if they were together all time it's dangerous number.

You just have zero chance to destroy both in CQ approach. Each time you kill one, second will have his true ogre ready to spam.

Edited by Mitne

ehm what i mean is there in ogre or Nfas or shotgun in general the pelets destroy my fps i wanted just to make somthing not to ruin my fps i dont mean anything 😕

also the Nfas is really op they should make it kill with 4 shots of pelets or low the firerate

9 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

No rudeness intended but yeah... upgrading your PC is all you really can do or just try a more ranged weapon.

APB is running ok for most other people, but there will be the few with lower spec PCs that will have technical issues. Sadly not everyone can be catered to.

hopefully the Engine Upgrade will optimise things further and release a few more FPS

For me the hud lower my fps, so i reduce all my graphics and can play "normal".

Its hellish in asylum where there are many names floating, those are fps killer.

really so rude to see some people just saying like we don't care if u don't care u can just don't reply and let the LO see what I mean all i want is to play with fps not ruined my anything i dont wanna use configs just to not be banned

56 minutes ago, CerealXKiller said:

ehm what i mean is there in ogre or Nfas or shotgun in general the pelets destroy my fps i wanted just to make somthing not to ruin my fps i dont mean anything 😕

also the Nfas is really op they should make it kill with 4 shots of pelets or low the firerate

Did you tried advanced APB Launcher? Try minimal settings in it and go from there, increasaing them until you find good FPS compromise.

Be aware that explosion effect stop being visible in total minimum!

Edited by Mitne

@MattScott

Back in beta, these settings were used to remove muzzle flash and player blood. It greatly improved fps. Reloaded disabled them without much discussion. Could we have these options added to the graphics settings? They are located the in APBgame.ini.

[APBGame.cAPBPlayerController]
m_bShowServerHits=true
m_bDebugHitMarkers=true

[APBGame.cWeaponAttachment]
m_bParticleMuzzleFlash=true

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

51 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

@MattScott

Back in beta, these settings were used to remove muzzle flash and player blood. It greatly improved fps. Reloaded disabled them without much discussion. Could we have these options added to the graphics settings? They are located the in APBgame.ini.

[APBGame.cAPBPlayerController]
m_bShowServerHits=true
m_bDebugHitMarkers=true

[APBGame.cWeaponAttachment]
m_bParticleMuzzleFlash=true

I believe these were listed as "absolutely not" when asked if players could do this on their own, so I'm gonna guess the answer will be "no". 

Sorry mate, but you can't expect your potato to run the same thing for years and years forever with no problem. And a game company shouldn't build around trying to accommodate for terrible PCs, it just doesn't work like that with any game. That's like me expecting to still be able to run WoW on my very first computer because I could do it before. I most certainly wouldn't be able to run it now.

Technology advances. Yea, it sucks that you can't really afford a new PC, but it is how it is.

Edited by Sadira

2 hours ago, Sadira said:

Sorry mate, but you can't expect your potato to run the same thing for years and years forever with no problem. And a game company shouldn't build around trying to accommodate for terrible PCs, it just doesn't work like that with any game. That's like me expecting to still be able to run WoW on my very first computer because I could do it before. I most certainly wouldn't be able to run it now.

Technology advances. Yea, it sucks that you can't really afford a new PC, but it is how it is.

The issue with this however is the game was developed in the mid 2000s and released in 2010. The technology behind APB has not changed. At one time his potato PC was able to run the game. The game hasn't advanced, just the poor coding and optimization. 

43 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

The issue with this however is the game was developed in the mid 2000s and released in 2010. The technology behind APB has not changed. At one time his potato PC was able to run the game. The game hasn't advanced, just the poor coding and optimization. 

The particle system has always had bad performance. Even with my GTX 1080 a few cars blowing up will drop my fps.

I started playing back in 2011/2012 with a single 9600GT. I then got second one for SLI. Managed to get 90+ fps, but a single shotgun blast would lock the game for a split second. Then I moved on to a GTX 580, then two 580s, then finally with a 970 the fps drops from getting shot were gone. I can't think of a single moment in APB's history where you didn't need a custom config to get sort of reliable stable frames, if APB ever had them.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I believe these were listed as "absolutely not" when asked if players could do this on their own, so I'm gonna guess the answer will be "no". 

Why? They don't want us to have good FPS and reliable hit indication?

3 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

No idea. Though if you cant run APB, you prob just need a new PC my guy.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

No idea. Though if you cant run APB, you prob just need a new PC my guy.

Every bit of fps counts. People play on 4:3 768 with everything on bare minimum for that tiny fps boost.

Just now, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Every bit of fps counts. People play on 4:3 768 with everything on bare minimum for that tiny fps boost.

Placebo is a thing, yes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

The particle system has always had bad performance. Even with my GTX 1080 a few cars blowing up will drop my fps.

I started playing back in 2011/2012 with a single 9600GT. I then got second one for SLI. Managed to get 90+ fps, but a single shotgun blast would lock the game for a split second. Then I moved on to a GTX 580, then two 580s, then finally with a 970 the fps drops from getting shot were gone. I can't think of a single moment in APB's history where you didn't need a custom config to get sort of reliable stable frames, if APB ever had them.

GPUs generally do not make a difference in APB if your GPU is within the last 10 years. APB only cares about cpu clock speed. The more ghz you have, the more frames. Frame drops will happen regardless of your computer setup. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

GPUs generally do not make a difference in APB if your GPU is within the last 10 years. APB only cares about cpu clock speed. The more ghz you have, the more frames. Frame drops will happen regardless of your computer setup. 

I'm specifically referring to the particle system, like blood, muzzle flash, smoke, fire, etc. The method used in UE3 is poorly optimized as is, and RTW decided it would be a good idea to overlay hundreds of particles per effect. The only way to prevent it from causing fps drops is by brute force or disable the system.