Jump to content
MattScott

Should we give out the Autumn Assault skin?

Autumn Assault reward poll  

294 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we give out the Autumn Assault skin to everyone who logged in?

    • Yes. The event was flawed. There was no way for me to win.
      160
    • No. Players worked hard to win. It will devalue their effort.
      81
    • I don’t care.
      53


Recommended Posts

On 12/7/2018 at 5:05 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Should probably give it to those that participated in a number of the games rather than just a blanket throwing it out.

 

(Note: I didn't even log in to APB for any of the events for those that are opposed to this opinion with the basis in that I want the skin)

yea , i would rather see it given away to people that actually tried to get it rather then someone like me that didn't even try or play the event cuz i know i had no chance of winning

so it should be given out to some that were trying but wasn't able to get it at all cuz of the "god like" players that kept getting it

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree giving the skin for players that tried the event, i played a lot of matchs (got more than 10k jt for 4x4 with this event lol) and only in one of these i finished at 2nd u.u same players winning always but that was something i knew, and i focused on farming jt instead, gm tried to tell repeat winners to not win at all, but they wanted that 250 jt so bad xD 

 

😓

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 3:14 AM, MidnightQ said:

2. People who did play and won once only to let other to have a chance to win the skin in other words THEY did follow and listen Lixil guide line to make the game enjoyable for all.

 

3. People that won only once and letting others to a have chance means they listen and follow Lixil guide lines should have their skin account-wide and special title for being true loyal players that follow the rules.

One small issue with this is knowing if someone was following the suggestion to let others win or trying to win multiple times and just not managing it.

 

I'm rather cynical I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that you have a poll for this.  I personally did not participate and hope that I wouldn't be included if this is something you end up handing out.

 

Whether the event is flawed or not, I imagine it was tough to complete due to the fact the player population could be really low and the event unplayable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mynd said:

I love that you have a poll for this.  I personally did not participate and hope that I wouldn't be included if this is something you end up handing out.

 

Whether the event is flawed or not, I imagine it was tough to complete due to the fact the player population could be really low and the event unplayable.

It was disaster. That's why we have this poll. I covered most of my points in other thread.

Edited by Mitne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I get a "Give the skin to everyone but Mitne" choice?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Can I get a "Give the skin to everyone but Mitne" choice?

Sorry salt piles are not people so no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mitne said:

Sorry salt piles are not people so no.

noHQGk4.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i didnt get chance to log in, so i'd be fine with giving it to everyone who attended/logged in during that time rather than just everyone, seems unfair for those who didnt log in to get a reward for something they had no part of. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp so much for hard work being worth something. Skin gets handed out no questions asked. Makes all the anger and everything else that went with dealing with the flaws in this event completely worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Welp so much for hard work being worth something. Skin gets handed out no questions asked. Makes all the anger and everything else that went with dealing with the flaws in this event completely worth it.

Choices have consequences.

Welcome to adulthood.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CookiePuss said:

Choices have consequences.

Welcome to adulthood.

 

As does Matts choice to just hand out the skin to everyone. Why try and why play fairly when you can just have everything handed to you on a silver platter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

As does Matts choice to just hand out the skin to everyone. Why try and why play fairly when you can just have everything handed to you on a silver platter?

Everything?

Or do you mean one ugly skin that was part of an event the CEO himself called "flawed". 

Cuz I feel like we aren't talking about the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90% of the APB Com are actually bad players.

The result of this poll was decided before it was even made.

From T to average Golds.

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Everything?

Or do you mean one ugly skin that was part of an event the CEO himself called "flawed". 

Cuz I feel like we aren't talking about the same thing. 

You dont think all the kiddies arent going to complain about not being handed free rewards in the future after this? You think after this the ppl who broke the TOS are going to shape up cause LO took a stand? U think ppl who played fairly might not not play fairly next time cause theres no point? I feel like im spot on in the future implementations that just handing this out will bring, even if it isnt the prettiest thing in the world.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

You dont think all the kiddies arent going to complain about not being handed free rewards in the future after this? You think after this the ppl who broke the TOS are going to shape up cause LO took a stand? U think ppl who played fairly might not not play fairly next time cause theres no point? I feel like im spot on in the future implementations that just handing this out will bring, even if it isnt the prettiest thing in the world.

Let em complain.

Matt doesn't have to listen to them. 

 

If the skin gets handed out, it will only be because the event as Matt put it, was flawed. 

Something I believe you spent several weeks spamming the forums about. 

 

I wonder what your stance would have been should you not have finally won the skin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Choices have consequences.

Welcome to adulthood.

 

I feel like not getting the skin and complaining is not understanding consequences. I'm not sure how not being able to predict the future is not understanding that your choices have consequences.

 

 

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If the skin gets handed out, it will only be because the event as Matt put it, was flawed. 

Something I believe you spent several weeks spamming the forums about. 

 

I wonder what your stance would have been should you not have finally won the skin?

 

I'm rather neutral to this discussion overall, but there's a pretty big difference between the skin being given away to the top five players, and being given to everyone who logged on after the entire event ran and there was no hint that such a thing would happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

I'm rather neutral to this discussion overall, but there's a pretty big difference between the skin being given away to the top five players, and being given to everyone who logged on after the entire event ran and there was no hint that such a thing would happen.

Yeah for sure. If that was an option I would have voted for it (top 5). I myself only played one match, doesn't seem right I get the skin. But I get where Matt is coming from too. The event didn't go as planned, winners weren't awarded as he'd have liked, and on top of that going through all the matches to list everyone who was top 5 is more trouble than it's probably worth. 

 

 

 

Edited by CookiePuss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah for sure. If that was an option I would have voted for it (top 5). I myself only played one match, doesn't seem right I get the skin. But I get where Matt is coming from too. The event didn't go as planned, winners weren't awarded as he'd have liked, and on top of that going through all the matches to list everyone who was top 5 is more trouble than it's probably worth.

 

Yeah, I'm just saying that was what Darkzero was asking for for the majority of the event.

 

It's probably not worth it I guess for LO to do after the fact, but I was just trying to put things back in perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kewlin said:

 

Yeah, I'm just saying that was what Darkzero was asking for for the majority of the event.

 

It's probably not worth it I guess for LO to do after the fact, but I was just trying to put things back in perspective.

What I really didn't get the was why LO GMs were so inconsistent about kicking repeat winners. Some didn't kick at all, some only kicked and the players would just rejoin, and perhaps worst of all, some just "asked nicely" to let other players win. 

 

Shit was odd af. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

It's not really feasible for us to award the Top X winners from each session. We don't have that kind of tracking, which is why I didn't offer it in the first place.

@Darkzero3802 I understand your frustration. I don't believe I'm setting a precedent here by awarding the skin from an event that didn't go as planned.

It's also not feasible for us to create a 2nd skin, but I am looking into awarding a title to everyone who actually got 1st place to give them something unique.

 

Thanks,
Matt

  • Like 5
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

 

It's not really feasible for us to award the Top X winners from each session. We don't have that kind of tracking, which is why I didn't offer it in the first place.

@Darkzero3802 I understand your frustration. I don't believe I'm setting a precedent here by awarding the skin from an event that didn't go as planned.

It's also not feasible for us to create a 2nd skin, but I am looking into awarding a title to everyone who actually got 1st place to give them something unique.

 

Thanks,
Matt

I'd suggest you give the winners a skin selector ontop of the title... just because a title is just some text and most people don't care about them at all... pretty sure they'd be pleased with a skin selector.
(FYI: the skin selector already exists and was used in previous events)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

I'd suggest you give the winners a skin selector ontop of the title... just because a title is just some text and most people don't care about them at all... pretty sure they'd be pleased with a skin selector.
(FYI: the skin selector already exists and was used in previous events)

I know I don't speak for everyone but, I personally wouldn't be pleased with a skin selector, assuming its the same one they've given out before, I already have all the skins from it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Let em complain.

Matt doesn't have to listen to them. 

 

If the skin gets handed out, it will only be because the event as Matt put it, was flawed. 

Something I believe you spent several weeks spamming the forums about. 

 

I wonder what your stance would have been should you not have finally won the skin?

I enjoy a challenge dont get me wrong. Handing it out to those who participated only im fine with but as I have said many times those who won legitly and did the right thing in letting others win should have an exclusive of some kind for their hard work and support (so they arent slapped when said hard work is given out). Ppl who griefed and abused it shouldnt get anything. Wether I won the skin or not this is just the right thing to do and encourages the community to do the right thing which will lead to a better quality of life in game. I am well aware of what I have done during the course of the event and I still feel that way about the event and wether I won or not doesnt factor into what the right thing is. I could have not been on once during the event id still be saying what im saying now about a handout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...