Old or new spawn system?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Old or new spawn system?

• Old spawn system
    • New spawn system (current)
    • Revamp the spawn system

On 5/30/2018 at 3:50 PM, Lord Cashpoint said:

I think the new spawn system is probably an improvement over the old one. Being able to choose your spawn also gives you the ability to tell which direction you'll be approaching the objective from before you spawn. It's useful for planning. That being said there some major improvements I would like to see:

• Introduce more spawn points, especially some which don't follow the strict rules about having to spawn on a road. Currently there are many areas (Southern Financial and Eastern Waterfront in particular) where roads are simply not laid out to support the 110m ideal distance. I'd love to see the ability to spawn on dirt roads or in alley-ways to ensure that there's always a spawn point an appropriate distance away. If nothing else, it would also cut down on instances where you spawn on a road only for an enemy vehicle to rock up instantly.
  • Attempt to put the opposing teams on opposite sides when it comes to spawning. Obviously we don't want entirely predictable spawns, but it is a bit silly when you can spawn at a 90 degree angle to an enemy on the same road.
  • Be far more strict when it comes to spawning players at map boundaries. Right now the system does not handle it very well, which is why you see players spawn behind each other in these areas. When it comes to map boundaries, the game will simply have to place teams at opposite ends.
  • Attempt to rotate player spawns during missions so that even if a mission objective is highly asymmetrical, both teams will have equal shares of poor spawn points. Many missions are determind by which team has easier access to a highway for example.
  • Possibly dial back the vehicle mod Mobile Spawn Point. I'd like to see the distance in which enemies can block the spawner be increased, as well as a radius around an objective in which they don't function. Mobile Spawn Point is currently very easy to use, but incredibly dangerous to ignore. (This is part of a wider issue to do with vehicles however).
  • Add the ability to que up spawn points via priority in case your preferred one becomes blocked or a previously blocked one becomes available.
  • Perhaps consider revamping Fight Club spawning entirely. Right now it is far too easy to run into an enemy spawn point and be completely overwhelmed instantly. From my memory Asylum worked better when you couldn't choose your spawns.

These are just some of the aspects of the spawn system that need improving right now.

I like this one, but I also would like to add that the radar tower mod should be higher coverage to make it more rewarding than a spawn car. I love the radar tower mod at times when people do use it. Even though I am a firebomb addict.

The main issue I've always had with the spawn system, is that most of the spawns will put you out in the middle of the street. Which either results in a long walk to a car spawn or straight infront of a HVRs line of sight.

However, I believe the solution to the spawn system would be to implement a new entity into the game that is specifically for mission spawns. From there, the developers can easily adjust and place the spawns to be in locations that would often be favorable but yet, still maintain the same distance restrictions from the objective / players (With line of sight checks maybe?). Such as, being able to spawn in the building next door, or having a spawn that is close to a car spawn.

Edited by Glubbable

On 5/30/2018 at 6:28 AM, xmm0 said:

dont spawn people 400m away from the point if there are like 20sec left.

dont spawn enemies right behind / infront of people.

THIS

revamp.

spawns behind me,its full of shit.

Both systems have their flaws.

The old Spawn system was very predictable and often spawned you extremely far from the objective, really making you feel like you're getting handicapped by the random nature of the system. While the new Spawn system gives you multiple spawns to chose from, many areas have very one-sided spawns which means that one team spawns west and the other on the east side of the objective. (Same with North and south side, duh) While the new spawning system made spawns much less predictable it also introduced Car Spawners which in my opinion are just something you can't balance properly while keeping it viable. Car spawners along with a few other things have also changed the Car Meta as there are very few Vehicles who can actively cause the enemy team to 'waste' resources to take out said Car spawn. Not to mention that the whole Grid-based system behind Car spawners is fundamentally flawed.

I personally don't mind the current Spawn system as it was a step up from what we had many years ago, it fixed issues but brought its own. I think that working on the current spawning system and making improvements to it can have a huge impact on how the game flows and overall player enjoyment. The main points to look at are shifting spawns, when spawns should be pushed out and therefore further away from the objective, some areas that have very few viable spawns to take and therefore leave you with very predictable ones, spawns after being teamkilled and then Car spawners itself.

Both the old version and the current versions are terrible. I think the spawn points need to surround the point instead of just having a group off to one side. Most of the time, there's on;y one obvious spawn point due to its position.

Yeah let's bring back the old one so you can spawn trap people and push them out 800m from the point. 

1 hour ago, -Rachel- said:

Both the old version and the current versions are terrible. I think the spawn points need to surround the point instead of just having a group off to one side. Most of the time, there's on;y one obvious spawn point due to its position.

surrounding the point would only work if each team had 180 degrees of spawns imo

Spawns need to be optimised to the location.

Remove the ability to choose spawns unless you're using a mobile spawner from your vehicle? At the same time I'm wary of this because usually I'll take advantage of a flank but even with it turned off, I'm fine with taking longer to route my self behind the enemy.

The new system is definitely better than the old system. If I recall correctly, the new system is simply the old system but it allows the player to choose between the default and other "suboptimal" spawns. The spawn point that the game defaults to on the respawn screen is the same point that you would have spawned at in the old system where you didn't get a choice. On top of that, the new system chooses possible spawn points around the current mission objectives, as opposed to the old system where the (singular) point was based on where you died. The way the old system did it made spawn-pushing possible by repeatedly killing enemies as they spawn and gradually cause them to spawn farther away, since they spawn a certain distance away from their point of death.

As for the mobile spawn point mod, I think it affects gameplay too much and in a negative way. It's been mentioned before on the old forums -- the addition of a car with mobile spawner is way too game-changing. Placing your own mobile spawner and killing your enemy's is so important that it kind of shifts the focus of gameplay to this metagame of mobile spawner placement and destruction, which takes away from the actual mission.

Its a regular thing to see that enemy player spawns 100m or closer to his opp. 100m is a visible distance between two players. The spawning distance between 2 players needs to be 150+m. Defenders soawns 150+m at minimum from objective, attackers 100m from obj.