Bva

CHeating, supporting/defending the cheater.

4 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Herein lies the problem as to why this community has become an incurable disaster.

Multi banned scum still being supported by fools who believe every lie coming form their mouths or worse knowing the truth and still acting from base motives.

Not sure you understand what you just wrote there.

Did I say I supported them? Nope, lol. I just said on their current account, I DO NOT know if they are cheating or not because I have no solid proof for the account theyre CURRENTLY on.

Each acc is a refresh and again, unless theyre blatant, the fact that theyre been banned before doesn't really matter.

I completely understand what I wrote here and if it doesn't make that much sense to you then you're probably the problem because people do eventually change.

8 hours ago, Bva said:

I think, in my opinion. (this is my opinion, you can critisize it with constructive critisizm)

Let's say, you get in a mission, teamed with a cheater, yes?

Would you;

Teamkill him? (Doing the right thing)
Sit this mission out? (Doing the right thing)

Or

Play the mission normally, knowing that you're gonna win? (Not such a great decision)

i would sit the mission out and /report ''Said cheater''

In my opinion, people that play with cheaters, are in my eyes supporting the cheater, and should be penatalized by some degree, Not saying a ban or anything.

People who then proceed to defend said cheater should also be penetalized, because it all supports the cheater.

Cheating in this game is a huge problem, especially now that Fairfight is turned to manual instead of automatic.

With that you create more cheaters, because there are no consequences of using an Aimbot, wallhack, ESP or Triggerbot, etc.

WHat do you guys think?

Or do you think nothing should be done to those types of players?

Sure you can say. ''But it's not premade'' or ''How do you know if it's premade or not''

It's still an issue in my eyes.

Would love to hear what you guys think about this.

I agree totally but now with the new gm's coming into the game, what if they watch your gameplay because you sat out in a mission because you thought some legit was cheating and a) teamkilled him, or b) sat out , and he reported you for it, and now that gm that is watching you sees you sitting out again and decides to kick / ban you, who is to blame the cheater? or yourself?

I know i might get more - points for this but who cares because people just see my name and just like to down vote me anyway, i stated my point

Edited by ShaiShai

I do not think that GMs should have any in game actions they can do regarding bans. After all bans are what we are trying to avoid here.  The game already has penalties for being afk, or just for playing like crap.

I agree though that first it is rare that i have seen someone i was pretty sure was cheating. Oddly seeing someone on my team cheat makes me play worse, guess it's sort of a moral debuf of sorts. Same as when matchmaking decides that two silver/gold vs a T is a good match. Some reason my heart just isn't in it. Stomping people for no reason but to make their day shittier is NOT my idea of a fun match. And playing for FUN is the reason for the game right?

Team killing isn't a bannable thing, if so everyone would be banned. Game has mechanics to deal with excessive team killing so there is no reason for a ban to be even a thought.

Afk for one match isn't a bannable thing. Again there are mechanics in game to deal with that.

One thing though, make sure you are right before you accuse someone of cheating. Don't be Ray, or Mike, or well the list goes on.

Also stop assuming things about FF being set to manual or FF being turned off ect ect. Listen to what was actually said not what you want to hear, It is a skill for life that yall kids need to learn.

Edited by SelttikS

If you openly group with a known cheater aka

Russia hacked my pc even though my stream shows my cheats long before i got flagged.

Ive been banned 15+ times and still streaming.

Ive been banned by VAC, Punkbuster & Fairfight but I stream too so its ok.

You should get banned.

3 hours ago, Fur said:

Did I say I supported them? Nope, lol. I just said on their current account, I DO NOT know if they are cheating or not because I have no solid proof for the account theyre CURRENTLY on.

Each acc is a refresh and again, unless theyre blatant, the fact that theyre been banned before doesn't really matter.

I completely understand what I wrote here and if it doesn't make that much sense to you then you're probably the problem because people do eventually change.

Keep telling yourself this lie if it helps your conscience.

3 hours ago, Fur said:

See, that's nice and all, but also no.

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

Never been banned, never will be banned.
I don't play with cheaters, no one I play with has been banned either.

It's.

So.
Easy.

A vote-kick option would be interesting to see. However I don't know how that would work in a team of 2.

Just now, Grizmo said:

A vote-kick option would be interesting to see. However I don't know how that would work in a team of 2.

That would get abused though. Come on we all know the APB community will do its best to abuse anything given to it. The only solution is to wait. Do what you will in match and if someone brings charges against you I am sure LO support will be more then helpful and understanding.

3 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

That would get abused though. Come on we all know the APB community will do its best to abuse anything given to it. The only solution is to wait. Do what you will in match and if someone brings charges against you I am sure LO support will be more then helpful and understanding.

the current kick system is woefully inadequate, a vote kick system is pretty standard imo

no reason not to try it 

4 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

I'm sure things could be put in place to stop it from being abused, or abused as much. Perhaps a cooldown on calling a vote like a lot of valve games.

12 hours ago, AgentWatson said:

The way I see it, you're trying to blur the lines on whether someone is deliberately or accidentally choosing to play with someone who cheats and therefore regardless of their intent they should be socially ostracized just as much as the cheater is. Firstly, people who play with cheaters accidentally very rarely have the perspective that the enemies have on who they're playing with, from the enemies perspective they see the snaps and shots not being missed, but from the ally they've no notion of what that's like because they're not the one playing against them. 

This is funny because this is exactly what happened to Kempington last week, he queued up with some people who wanted to queue up with him in his chat. Supposedly the people he chose to play with were cheaters, whether they were or weren't it doesn't matter, I don't feel Kempington should've been held responsible because he unknowingly teamed up with those people. 

It's this blurring of the line people in this community do that allowed people who alter shaders to be banned just as harshly as someone who blatantly aimbots and cheats.

Choosing to team up with someone who cheats fully knowing they cheat so you can reap the benefits is an offense but not one that can ever conclusively be proven unless they admit to it, but it's aboherrent and is definitely should be frowned upon even punished harshly.

This ^

8 hours ago, Spherii said:

There used to be an excellent way to annoy the living shit out of cheaters, and that was the ability to kick those people at the last few seconds of a mission. Too bad people just kicked anyone that didn't look strong and therefore it got abused all the time. 

If there's an obvious cheater in my team, I don't teamkill him but I give him the friendly taps with my gun. If he does teamkill me then I can kick him. If there's a cheater on your team the best thing you can do is annoy him. You might lose the mission, but know you're doing the right thing by not letting these people in. Hopefully this problem is solved once BattlEye shows up though.

Also, thank you. Until BE is in, I will surely take this in.

if they are BLATANTLY AND OBVIOUSLY  cheating sitting  out doesn't help the ops have a fair fight.

kill the spawn car..... move the objective if possible to hand it over

if I'm the team leader to boot them I'd get killed to boot them

and of course the most important thing .....REPORT THEM

but if there's no way to know for sure and its just an accusation id have to play...i gotta eat and pay those bills too

Woops lol forgot the people on the forums don't have brains.

My bad.

I guess you prove your own point of 'people never change'. Ironic

For destroy hack? Sniper + OPGL REKTTT

real talk. I wouldn't notice if they were cheating because I'm a solo player and don't really pay attention to what my team mate is doing aside from determining what direction he is attacking at.

and why would I team kill someone because they're cheating? that is stupid and just asking to get team killed by them in the future or encouraging harassment. 

When i know a cheater is on my team, if if its 2 vs 2, i just sit it out and don't play. If its 3 vs 3 or more, i just record my team mate cheater. So instead of playing, i just sit and watch him / record him.

I think they need to add a abandon mission when a player is on mission. The last time i played on EU, some idiot was team killing us, can't leave the mission. so i had to quit the game.

a vote kick would solve a lot of these issues imo

not sure how it would work in teams of 2 tho

If the shawcoptering individual is not the team leader you could also remove him from the mission.

cant punish ppl and say not play but can ask nice if cheater is so clear or make vote kick option