SurvivalDistrict

Kids who run with objectives

38 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

I run cuz I dont care what others think, and I enjoy it this way, and all the benefits that comes with (chasing / running / opp team crying, for example) ❤️ I dont need  to proof anything to myself or other ppl, I dont even tryhard, I just do what I want and u may just keep raging about it. U r all acting hilarious here. 🤣😂
Pathetic.

cool

21 hours ago, Shyloid said:

I don't really mind people who run with objective all that much since it is a cops and robbers game where I expect car chases. (the slowest car chases) I can understand the annoyance though when they are in like a vegas being pushed or like there is a car surfer turret boi on top melting your cars if you even get close to them to try and pit their buns. Especially when sometimes the the opp is grouped.

Adding Car Surfer was a bad decision. It completely removes the intentional restriction of anti-vehicle-weapons being unusable while riding a vehicle in the original game.

Unfortunately the item hold missions are fairly terrible by design anyway. The ones which have both teams drop items of at a specific location work much better for creating a mix of car-chase and on-foot gameplay. The ones which have you keep control over a bank-truck work fairly decent as well, because it's a slower vehicle that you can actually catch up to.

But generally car chases in APB only really work when you have to reach a specific location. Otherwise it's too easy to almost completely avoid your opponents for a couple of minutes, let alone allowing them to set up a proper ambush somewhere along your route.
The Enforcer mission in which you have to drive a Dolton Fresno through a bunch of checkpoints tried to achieve some nice gameplay of this kind, but since Criminals can always see the Fresno, but not the checkpoints (iirc), it just boils down to camping the vehicle instead of the checkpoints.
  • Like 1

OSMAW, ALIG, OPGL, SHAW, VOLCANO. There you have your fix for people running.

18 minutes ago, Zian said:

you forgot the DMR-AV and the Dog Ear

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

I run cuz I dont care what others think, and I enjoy it this way, and all the benefits that comes with (chasing / running / opp team crying, for example) ❤️ I dont need  to proof anything to myself or other ppl, I dont even tryhard, I just do what I want and u may just keep raging about it. U r all acting hilarious here. 🤣😂
Pathetic.

trying to take you serious but that  pose you are doing makes me think you are having your portrait painted... and that you are missing the old nautical hat

Ok back to topic.... I used to use my vegas (not even a 4x4) and go to the top of buildings as a shortcut like the mall in waterfront and those stairs.
It made me jump to that hotel area with sabbat and I would alig the op runner to take it back.....and when I was a bronze too (youtube tutorials work wonders)
Good times back then but out of bounds kinda ruined that but that is understandable as well with how people would glitch the capture.

2 hours ago, Zian said:

they also work effectively when getting chased
  • Like 1

Reloaded's additions to the game broke the balance of running. The biggest offenders are car surfer, blow torch, and mobile spawner.

- Car surfer: Allows players to mount themselves on top of a moving vehicle with any weapon, bypassing the weapon restriction placed on passengers in a vehicle.
- Blow torch: This mod allows players to repair a damaged vehicle, while riding in said vehicle. If a player is using this mod, you must kill them or they will repair the vehicle faster than you can damage it, but now you've wasted time shooting them and their teammates just respawned in the vehicle because of the next mod.
- Mobile spawner. This mod allows players to spawn in a moving vehicle.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

• Cars slow over time with a hold item in their cargo, coming to a halt after 30 seconds. Team in control cant touch the item for 3-5 seconds after the 'stop' occurs (to prevent 'hot potatoing')
  • Players cant spawn in a vehicle with car spawner IF the vehicle is moving AND it has the hold item in it
  • Blow torch effectiveness reduced by 25-50% while hold item is in the vehicle AND/OR blow torch effectiveness is reduced when hanging out of the window/riding on the roof.

"out of bounds" if you go beyond 300 Meters and item fall's out of the car's trunk and can't be picked up for 15 seconds  Explodes. Problem solved.

I'll collect my medal and be on my way.

Edited by Zolerox

52 minutes ago, Triksterism said:
  • Cars slow over time with a hold item in their cargo, coming to a halt after 30 seconds. Team in control cant touch the item for 3-5 seconds after the 'stop' occurs (to prevent 'hot potatoing')
  • Players cant spawn in a vehicle with car spawner IF the vehicle is moving AND it has the hold item in it
  • Blow torch effectiveness reduced by 25-50% while hold item is in the vehicle AND/OR blow torch effectiveness is reduced when hanging out of the window/riding on the roof.

I feel these issues affect all mission types, not just item hold missions.

- Car torque is currently reduced, but the 4x4 vehicles have enough torque to overcome it. They need to limit max speed instead, or reduce the overall torque of these vehicles.
- Players shouldn't be able to spawn in a moving vehicle at any time. They also need to count carry items as objectives when checking for blocked spawn points.
- Blow torch should be canceled for x seconds after the vehicle takes damage to prevent repairing while under direct fire.

Just fix the problem with 4x4 pushing and speeding up a car with iten inside and then its fine get alig, osmaw, dmr and rekt it 

ITT: People upset that they cant shoot a moving target. 
Don't like runners? Carsurf, and blow their car up.
The objective description is usually "keep it away from the enemy" which they are doing.
tl;dr get good.

• Like 1

I get that some people do not like having to chase however the "fixes" suggested would cause more problems than solutions.
Also it would make some vehicles beyond easy to kill (think of any you would NEVER drive in  V.I.P. mission)

It would be easier to grab a vegas and an ALIG (available to anyone at contacts) and just mow down their cars.
It is realistic since I do this regularly. They normally do not get far. Just make sure to crouch with an ALIG  when you shoot so that it is more accurate (some are new and do not know this basic trick)

16 minutes ago, kwa said:

tl;dr get good.

Odd then that good players dont run, innit?

• Like 2

Just now, CookiePuss said:

I play in the traffic when I get it.....If there's traffic other than ops.
But occasionally I need to relocate to a better area for the teams benefit.
If they run at that point then I chase them down with an ALIG or rockets and start a party where ever we land so to speak.
It's not really that hard to do which is why this thread makes me wonder...

30 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

The ones that do win, the ones that don't cry.
8)

Take a fast car, Alig, Osmaw, or whatever anti vehicle weapon you want, and rekt them, Easy.

58 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

Take a fast car, Alig, Osmaw, or whatever anti vehicle weapon you want, and rekt them, Easy.

Bruh love you in the John Wick movies.
  • Thanks 1

Get yourself an anti-vehicle and deal with it. They already drive slow as fuck.

this is still being brought up as a bad thing? if they didnt remove the item weighting down vehicles then its your own fault for letting them run with it in the first place. you have the tools in game to down runners like this, use them. most people claim to be good at this game but yet are unable to catch a group of people driving in a weighted vehicle going slower? ill get downvotes sure but the facts are still there. 

• Thanks 1

Said it before and I'll say it again:

• Change it to a drop off location the item will need to sit at to gain points. The point system is set to the 'Tug of war' points system you see in the TDM missions with the green and red bar. This could also just be separate point pools
  • After a certain amount of points are gained, say the location only gives up to 50 pts shared between the teams to take, the location will change and the objective item will need to be moved.
  • Over time, if the item is not dropped in the currently set location, the team with the bigger piece of the point "rope" will center out, if this is on the separate point pools, both teams will lose points. This should help negate the whole, snatch the objective and run with the mission item problem a bit more.
  • The further the item is from the drop off area, the faster points will be lost.
For VIP missions, it goes as this:
  • VIP must goto an objective area and stay there for a set amount of time.
  • The VIP's name tag will be visible when in transit to the location but once they get to the objective area, the name tag will disappear.
  • If the VIP is not in the objective area, a window of time will be shown under the lives counter. This counter will only reset if they step back into the objective area.
  • If the timer hits 0, a VIP live will be lost, the player will not die though. The rule for name tags, applies to this so if you try to run, you will show up on the HUD.
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, MurkTheMerc said:

Said it before and I'll say it again:

• Change it to a drop off location the item will need to sit at to gain points. The point system is set to the 'Tug of war' points system you see in the TDM missions with the green and red bar. This could also just be separate point pools
  • After a certain amount of points are gained, say the location only gives up to 50 pts shared between the teams to take, the location will change and the objective item will need to be moved.
  • Over time, if the item is not dropped in the currently set location, the team with the bigger piece of the point "rope" will center out, if this is on the separate point pools, both teams will lose points. This should help negate the whole, snatch the objective and run with the mission item problem a bit more.
  • The further the item is from the drop off area, the faster points will be lost.
For VIP missions, it goes as this:
  • VIP must goto an objective area and stay there for a set amount of time.
  • The VIP's name tag will be visible when in transit to the location but once they get to the objective area, the name tag will disappear.
  • If the VIP is not in the objective area, a window of time will be shown under the lives counter. This counter will only reset if they step back into the objective area.
  • If the timer hits 0, a VIP live will be lost, the player will not die though. The rule for name tags, applies to this so if you try to run, you will show up on the HUD.
if someone enters car with this objective car acceleration = 0 😉 problem solved thx ;)

26 minutes ago, TheSxW said:
if someone enters car with this objective car acceleration = 0 😉 problem solved thx 😉
Not really, if you actually read my post, you wouldn't need something as ridiculous as that.

I personally like the current system. 
Allow running, as long as we can shame the runners. 

Edited by CookiePuss