Just now, Aeronaut said:

pay me

tree fiddy per response

For real though if you aint been on yet, go to A and grab a csg, prefferably a version with IR3... its ridiculously strong, like super fun broken strong.

Minor things outta the way first:

• COBRA Adder feels much more pleasant to use and get kills with, loved it personally.
  • Misery isn't a total disaster and the max bloom is capped much lower (enough that I was able to squeeze one or two panic kills at full auto)
  • Oblivion isn't really different, but no mods means I can't call for sure (you can quickswitch with it now though so that's something)
  • A variant Anubis accuracy recovery feels a bit too slow for my liking, needs more data. Crosshair could do with some vertical forks though (pure horizontal is kinda weird)
Now for the meat of the matter:

The new shotgun system is too powerful. It makes the CSG a 2 shot nightmare at even extreme ranges. Of lesser note, CJ3 doesn't kill the JG anymore (does make it mostly 3 shot though), DOW Thumper is a bit more deadly, Strife is one step closer to being the real CQC HVR.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cobra is bae
shotguns are fixed
oblivion and anubis is still shit

cant remember which test district i was on but shotguns were way too strong, i was 3 shotting people at like 30m with a csg

shredder was nice tho, the shotgun change really allows it to take more advantage of its range

46 minutes ago, Keshi said:

shotguns are fixed
oblivion and anubis is still shit

"shotguns are fixed" as in "this patch fixed the bug OTW had before"? but by no means does this new pellet damage system fix shotguns... for example, I've tested the strife on someone and was aiming far off, so only like 3 pellets could hit... it still did 2 shots. it's too forgiving, and actually makes shotguns way too easy. IMO, shotguns overall don't need a change, but rather specific shotguns need tweaking.

yes oblivion is still bad.
but anubis got better. IMO the crosshair is better, but I'd prefer a white dot in the middle, cuz red kinda blends in with the environment (with bloom turned on) sometimes.
although the accuracy recovery rate should be fast enough so it's at it's best accuracy when shooting max firerate.. I dislike the first few shots being RNG'ing, I want my sniper to be consistent, and not rely on RNGesus
  • Like 1

Sofar I've only tested the misery extensively. It is a better weapon than before but it can't compete with an N-tec in both feel and effectiveness. Now it doesn't have to be better than N-tec but it should atleast be a viable alternative if it ever wants extensive use by the players. Here are my thought put in a list:

- The Bloom:
While it has been reduced by quite a bit it just doesn't feel right to me still. After a few shots the bloom still just almost doubles and that just feels so weird to use for me. Now ignoring the feel of the weapon, this bloom is also a major downside. I have missed multiple kills due to the bloom making the finishing shot miss. If you shoot slower to prevent all bloom, the ttk increases by about 0.5s which is enough for someone next to cover to make it into safety. The misery can be devastating on enemies that are in the open, but that's about it. Now surely with more practice I could improve the bloom control but there's really no point in investing that time since other weapons are just better alternatives.

- Medium/Long range:
Keeping in mind that I couldn't put HS3 and IR3 on the weapon, the range is enough to a point where I was able to compete with and beat some of the more popular weapons on multiple occasions. I would say overall the conversion to tap fire has mostly been a success for medium/long range, but it still isn't quite there yet, mostly to the above mentioned bloom curve.

- Close Range:
It's now possible to consistently corner pop people in marksman mode with the misery as long as they are within 0-12m (ish). You can essentially full auto and secure your kills. Hipfiring isn't something I'd recommend though.

- Suggestions:

Now if it were up to me I'd remove the weird bloom curve, but I understand it would take away the guns uniqueness and turn it into a slightly different N-tec. I would say reduce the bloom a little more to the point where the gun is really accurate, but reduce it's damage so that the TTK stays the same but if you miss a few shots the enemy is able to heal up enough to survive (with CA). Sort of like the scout, where you can two tap people but if you miss a shot and/or take a little too long you turn it into a 3STK sniper.

I would say that could turn it into a weapon that really rewards players with good aim. Opinions aren't final though, gotta test it a little more.

Edited by VanilleKeks
typos
  • Like 2

shotguns are too forgiving. the new pellet system shouldnt be applied to everything

• auto shotguns (nfas, orge, etc.)  - doesnt need to be changed (no new pellet system - it's an auto shotgun)
  • strife - needs to be way less forgiving (less pellets hit should do less damage, right now you can barely hit someone at it does a lot more than you think it would)
  • csg - doesnt need to be changed at all (there was nothing wrong with the csg)
  • jg - same as csg*. it was in a good spot but can benefit SLIGHTLY with the new system to keep it a true solid choice over the csg
  • shredder - okay.

majority of shotgun issues are because of the server anyway.

edit:
jg -  feels good if you used it before, will guarantee more 2 shots close but fails hard at range...which makes the csg the obvious winner. sort of mixed on it, maybe just csg damage can be like 100 less and then it would make sense that csg has to 3 shot close while excelling at a further range.
  Edited by tennogrineer
jg notes
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, tennogrineer said:

shotguns are too forgiving. the new pellet system shouldnt be applied to everything

• auto shotguns (nfas, orge, etc.)  - doesnt need to be changed (no new pellet system - it's an auto shotgun)
  • strife - needs to be way less forgiving (less pellets hit should do less damage, right now you can barely hit someone at it does a lot more than you think it would)
  • csg - doesnt need to be changed at all (there was nothing wrong with the csg)
  • jg - same as strife, it was in a good spot but can benefit SLIGHTLY with the new system to keep it a true solid choice over the csg
  • shredder - okay.
this so much. (also, it could apply to DOW thumper, since it's not bad but could use a slight buff / little more consistency). although I'd be fine with any kind of buff to the thumper.. slightly more firerate or damage... or even giving it a bigger magazine.
  • Like 2

hvr being linked to accuracy is fine...but I think they forgot that otw doesn't have mods. with hs3, this change seems pointless. it should have that change and a reverse damage drop off like the dmr (pretty much scout damage until 75m).

Other than the DOW, shotguns in general need a shorter falloff with the damage.
The DOW. being a legendary, feels underpowered as hell. 3 shots to kill, IF every shot is dead on target.

1 hour ago, Captain Teemo said:

hvr being linked to accuracy is fine...but I think they forgot that otw doesn't have mods. with hs3, this change seems pointless. it should have that change and a reverse damage drop off like the dmr (pretty much scout damage until 75m).

no, it looks nice now from what i see (watching @Frosi test with @Tobii and @LUST)

4 fbw + hvr = kill
3 fbw + hvr = 90 ish
2 fbw + hvr = 85 ish
1 fbw + hvr = 80 ish

moving while hvr, 340ish damage = 3 shot kill close.

the range 850 damage is the same..but if anything, keep all the above but make the damage 750 max and it would be pretty perfect and still viable. Edited by tennogrineer
  • Thanks 2

So I tested things for 2 hours and here are my results

CSG: Too good, the consistency of two shotting feels good but 10-15 meter 2 shots are a bit too strong.
JG: Noticeably worse than the CSG, while you have an easier time two shotting compared to the Live JG it really doesn't stand a chance against a CSG right now.
Ogre: Still broken, this shotgun shouldn't be included in the shotgun changes as it has been made even better even tho it was already fairly broken to begin with.
Strife: I can't really say much about the Strife, the CSG, JG and Ogre all seemed better although some people say that its poking damage is incredibly good thanks to the shotgun changes.
HVR: Deals 340 damage unless close to being fully accurate which means that quickswitching is finally unviable, all I am hoping for now is a general damage reduction to 720~750 and the gun would be in a balanced state.
COBRA: It feels good, even without mods it feels like an easier carbine with some downsides to it, however, you can actually tap fire it to damage people up to 40 meters now which is a great change.
Misery: It felt alright, I don't think it'll be able to compete with the current meta tho (Obir, Obeya, N-tec)
Oblivion: The much faster bloom recovery felt amazing and could make CJ3 a very viable mod on.

These are the main weapons I tested so far, I'll likely hop onto OTW again tomorrow and test the rest after playing with the Live versions of weapons I haven't really played a lot so I can give more accurate feedback on the changes.

Also as a heads up, the Anubis crosshair still feels very bad, I'd personally suggest giving it a normal crosshair by removing the mod and changing the name of the gun. It's a unique gun, that alone makes it a Legendary.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Frosi said:

So I tested things for 2 hours and here are my results

CSG: Too good, the consistency of two shotting feels good but 10-15 meter 2 shots are a bit too strong.
JG: Noticeably worse than the CSG, while you have an easier time two shotting compared to the Live JG it really doesn't stand a chance against a CSG right now.
Ogre: Still broken, this shotgun shouldn't be included in the shotgun changes as it has been made even better even tho it was already fairly broken to begin with.
Strife: I can't really say much about the Strife, the CSG, JG and Ogre all seemed better although some people say that its poking damage is incredibly good thanks to the shotgun changes.
HVR: Deals 340 damage unless close to being fully accurate which means that quickswitching is finally unviable, all I am hoping for now is a general damage reduction to 720~750 and the gun would be in a balanced state.
COBRA: It feels good, even without mods it feels like an easier carbine with some downsides to it, however, you can actually tap fire it to damage people up to 40 meters now which is a great change.
Misery: It felt alright, I don't think it'll be able to compete with the current meta tho (Obir, Obeya, N-tec)
Oblivion: The much faster bloom recovery felt amazing and could make CJ3 a very viable mod on.

These are the main weapons I tested so far, I'll likely hop onto OTW again tomorrow and test the rest after playing with the Live versions of weapons I haven't really played a lot so I can give more accurate feedback on the changes.

Also as a heads up, the Anubis crosshair still feels very bad, I'd personally suggest giving it a normal crosshair by removing the mod and changing the name of the gun. It's a unique gun, that alone makes it a Legendary.

LOL they really did that change to nhvr?

5 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

LOL they really did that change to nhvr?

Yes they did.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DoubtfulFuriousCheddarPMSTwin

We tested this in different ways and even the HS3 HVR will only do 340 damage while crouch moving (Without scoping) Edited by Frosi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:
Way to kill a weapon... i cant believe they will actually do this.
Who would aprove anything like this? Like seriously.
It's a good thing for the game, the hvr has been too versatile and overpowered for too long, doing this forces you to be stationary to deal damage and therefore kills quick switching (for the most part)
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frosi said:
5 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:
It's a good thing for the game, the hvr has been too versatile and overpowered for too long, doing this forces you to be stationary to deal damage and therefore kills quick switching (for the most part)
No its not. You dont have any problem killing a nhvr that is slow, but modifying the damage is ridiculous, absolutly.
This is silver changing gameplay at best.

This is how i kill a quick switcher: see guys who use nhvr; when facing them and getting hit by their secondary hide to fully recover with ca3; rush them with nade; they die.
Is not hard at all. There is no way to reduce the nhvr damage. Edited by Excalibur!
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Excalibur! said:
No its not. You dont have any problem killing a nhvr that is slow, but modifying the damage is ridiculous, absolutly.
If that's your opinion then that's fine, however, I'd say that most of the experienced / top players of the game disagree. Even now the HVR deals 850 damage which takes you out of the game for 15 seconds if you want to fully regen, it's a point and click weapon with 100% accuracy and arguably the easiest gun to use at the same time. 

COBRA hipfire is insanely strong, really reminds me of the Carbine...

4 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:
i do
a bit overboard tbf
but it stops people from qsing and hvr/percing in cqc - maybe a less harsh nerf to that and a slighter dmg curve than the dmr would be nice
if you believe that requires skill... uh well. it goes in line with other stuff.
3 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

This is how i kill a quick switcher: see guys who use nhvr; when facing them and getting hit by their secondary hide to fully recover with ca3; rush them with nade; they die.
Is not hard at all. There is no way to reduce the nhvr damage.
arent u silver

4 minutes ago, Frosi said:
6 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:
If that's your opinion then that's fine, however, I'd say that most of the experienced / top players of the game disagree. Even now the HVR deals 850 damage which takes you out of the game for 15 seconds if you want to fully regen, it's a point and click weapon with 100% accuracy and arguably the easiest gun to use at the same time. 
Dont get tagged then. Learn to avoid it, thats the sweet of the game.
Its YOUR opinion who is experienced player and their opinion on the matter.

EDIT: ANYWAYS, its ridiculous to change a weapon damage like this. What is this, archery?
What a disgust. Edited by Excalibur!
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Excalibur! said:
Dont get tagged then. Learn to avoid it, thats the sweet of the game.
Just don't get tagged loooool MWFXdnn.png

I can understand a sniper being dangerous and high damage but it's just so easy to snipe in APB. Other games have managed to make sniping harder and riskier. Like really low FOV or a scope blocking your FOV, cam sway with hold breath mechanics, projectile bullets vs hitscan, bullet drop, high cost to buy. APB has 0 of that. It's one of the or THE easiest gun in the game. If you can click the APB icon on your desktop with 100% accuracy you can probably main HVR. Edited by Shini
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2