MattScott

New patch for 1.19.6 on OTW is live

Hi everyone,

We've made several changes based on yesterday's testing. I appreciate everyone who submitted bug reports to let us know about issues.

Here are the fixes:

• Fixed a crash when receiving a Friend Request
  • Fixed an issue causing the weapon stats to be incorrect
  • Changed prototype district display names to 'Weapon Prototype A' and 'Weapon Prototype B' to distinguish between them
  • Fixed a crash at shutdown
  • Updated chat and HUD text for Weapon Prototype Districts
  • Weapon Prototype B now correctly spins up the prototype minigame (simple Kill enemies)
  • Added multiple Anubis variants. Now that the exponential recovery gain has been removed (which fixes the jump bug) the reduced accuracy loss on each shot wasn't really having an effect. Adjusting the curves for the accuracy loss to be more noticeable, with the B variant being significantly more so. Also this requires reducing the recovery rate of the weapon to have pretty much any effect, but we've also reduced the cap at which the weapon can bloom to the same as the per shot modifier, so recovery time shouldn't get out of hand. Fire rate is also improved on both variants, to differing degrees.
  • Fixed CSG using DOW stats in Weapon Prototype District B.
  • Fixed an occasional issue getting stuck loading into a district

Have fun! I'd like to get some feedback on server responsiveness with full action districts.

Edit: Full patch notes for 1.19.6 on OTW can be found here: 
Thanks,
Matt
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 7

ok, so I like that the anubis is getting a lot more useful now... but I dislike that the first few shots are still RNG based. I'd really like to see it be at it's max accuracy when firing max speed, just like the scout...
I mean, it's definitely playable now, but still a slight gamble at some occasions.

also, what's the time to kill on it with this new update (asking since you increased firerate a bit)?

Edited by Snubnose

Have you considered effectively removing bloom on the Anubis? The negative bloom / exponential recovery gain effectively made it perfectly accurate past the like the 2nd shot, so doesn't it seem kinda' like a nerf to give it bloom again? It just seems like it would make more sense for it to fully recover from bloom unless you have CJ3.

Also, when you have bloom, it's kinda' bizarre that the Anubis sight doesn't really indicate your spread at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Have you considered effectively removing bloom on the Anubis? The negative bloom / exponential recovery gain effectively made it perfectly accurate past the like the 2nd shot, so doesn't it seem kinda' like a nerf to give it bloom again? It just seems like it would make more sense for it to fully recover from bloom unless you have CJ3.

Also, when you have bloom, it's kinda' bizarre that the Anubis sight doesn't really indicate your spread at all.

Yeah, the gun has barely any overdmg and the ttk was one of the highest ones. What made it strong viable was the mobility and ability to get accuracy fast while mantaining perfect ttk.
That recovery is just another issue of the same prob that ruined it before. Edited by TheJellyGoo

CSG looking scary again :S
They certainly are more consistent (in fightclub at least) but their range looks to be ludicrous again like in 2011-12. I hope the tweaking doesn't end here. But its a cool blast from the past!

https://clips.twitch.tv/OutstandingIcyPlumageBloodTrail
https://clips.twitch.tv/RelievedHeadstrongOysterThunBeast
https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpartialFriendlySkirretRitzMitz

Edited by Shini
  • Like 2

Anubis is feeling nice in Baylame A but needs a bit more, haven't got a chance to try B unfortunately. Seems like it needs juuuuust a bit more to the gun but is in the perfect direction. The main thing to these changes are the gun feels FUN to play regardless of how effective it is. It is really shining in its characteristic of being a mobile/free form sniper. If these changes go to live it would definitely come back as one of my main guns to use simply because of how nice it feels to play.

Hey Matt, how about everyone getting a title that has played on OTW a title like this maybe  " OTW Veteran" or " OTW Tester " idk I love collecting titles :3

• Like 1