LaxingK

can i get banned for simply changing the shotting button?

Well all i did was changing in game(no macros no weird progrems no nothing) my shotting key. Instad of the mouse. I simply changed it to my scroller since my main  clicky thingy is broken. A guy thought i was macroing and said ill be banned because battleeye is watching my game play or something? I was using the joker sr15 at the time if iam not mistaken(again i did nothing to my mousr and activated nothing illegal.)

2 hours ago, LaxingK said:

Well all i did was changing in game(no macros no weird progrems no nothing) my shotting key. Instad of the mouse. I simply changed it to my scroller since my main  clicky thingy is broken. A guy thought i was macroing and said ill be banned because battleeye is watching my game play or something? I was using the joker sr15 at the time if iam not mistaken(again i did nothing to my mousr and activated nothing illegal.)

yes.

If you change the key bindings by the  APB menu then no (I unbind walk and the tutorial to get them out of the way by using the  APB menu)
If you tamper with files or use 3rd party programs like AHK then yes you can be

Ahk is not bannable, it is disallowed, Beye instant kick, about changing keys - do whatever u wish, if not possible in game menu go advanced ways, it is just a keys will not make you cheat. Any questions? Not agree? go to terms.

Edited by Dahel

8 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

If you change the key bindings by the  APB menu then no (I unbind walk and the tutorial to get them out of the way by using the  APB menu)
If you tamper with files or use 3rd party programs like AHK then yes you can be

Yeah i only changed the key nothing else.
8 hours ago, Zolerox said:
10 hours ago, LaxingK said:

yes.
How come? Its literly an option in game. I changed nothing
4 hours ago, Dahel said:

Ahk is not bannable, it is disallowed, Beye instant kick, about changing keys - do whatever u wish, if not possible in game menu go advanced ways, it is just a keys will not make you cheat. Any questions? Not agree? go to terms.

Aight thank you very much for explaining.

12 hours ago, LaxingK said:

No you won't get banned for using scroll wheel to shoot.
People just get salty.

You're fine.
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, LaxingK said:

not banned because u have diffrent timed between rolls so its totally acceptable (i train my hand to use LMB and shoot like macro)
but u can still use roll to shoot no need to be aware of this ... Edited by TheSxW

5 hours ago, TheSxW said:
not banned because u have diffrent timed between rolls so its totally acceptable (i train my hand to use LMB and shoot like macro)
but u can still use roll to shoot no need to be aware of this ...
it's not detected by intervals between each click. If it was then all people using a Logitech free scroll mouse would have been banned ages ago. intervals between each click prove nothing and I am not even sure they have that kinda information. 

Forgot to point this out but Wrong forum section. Belongs in social.

Imagine this section as the Guides section in Steam.

*Shooting 

Not Shotting

Edited by Zolerox

Don't have macro's and you won't get oofed by the system.

Not only the people with logitech mice would be banned but all the players with mice that have built in software in them, you can't ban pople for using their mouse

We ban for the usage of macros, not for the possession of software/firmware which allows you to create them.
Rebinding your shoot key to your scrollwheel is not considered a macro, so go ahead.

Moved your thread to the correct section.

Never could understand using scroll wheel to shoot; It is clearly a disadvantage. Simply learning the fire rate of each weapon will give much better results. 

Edited by speee
  • Like 2

You all say that it isnt the right place to post this.
But what should be published in Social District (General Discussion)?

Any topic which is to be generally discussed an is APB related, per section description. This thread could be deemed as such since it isnt really off topic, technical or promotional.

1 hour ago, INSECURITY said:

You all say that it isnt the right place to post this.
But what should be published in Social District (General Discussion)?

Basically anything that doesnt belong in another forum section belongs in Social. Edited by CookiePuss
  • Thanks 1