Isais

Incentive golds to be golds

What about giving a small JT reward if you're gold in a gold server? Incentive golds to be golds.

Edited by Isais
  • Like 2

I think you mean incentive?

It would be nice, but I still think golds would stick to silver servers for the chance at easy opposition.

4 minutes ago, IROCkiller said:

I think you mean incentive?

It would be nice, but I still think golds would stick to silver servers for the chance at easy opposition.

I didn't see the title before he edited it, but I think the word he's looking for would be incentivize.
  Edited by gothroach
Accidentally a word.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sounds good to me

altho i think the JT store will need to have more attractive options for this to really have an effect

• Like 1

If only Jericho had enough golds to make this work, Id be all for it. 

Edited by CookiePuss

Gold threat is a joke to be honest. And there is not the population to sustain even a single gold district alongside a silver one. 

Any incentive given would have to be on a level that would completely imbalance the game, because it has to incentivize them away from easy farming of low skill opposition.

Alternatively, Little Orbit could have their GMs actually do the core job the position entails. You know, moderating the game and upholding the ToS/CoC by actioning intentional dethreaters.

unless they ninja changed it, they supposedly made it harder to dethreat and easier to reach/maintain gold.

i demand half the shares of san paro and a seat on the board.

Edited by Aeronaut

18 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Not much fun on jericho when you try to play and there are 4 bronze servers and 1 full silver. 

2 minutes ago, illgot said:
21 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Not much fun on jericho when you try to play and there are 4 bronze servers and 1 full silver. 
Sometimes I get sad thinking about how many more players we'd have if G1 or even LO did a damn thing to punish scumbag dethreaters that run off anyone who decides to try out apb. 

52 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

altho i think the JT store will need to have more attractive options for this to really have an effect

Add the option of buying permanent weapons, 10000 for no-slot, 20000 for 1 slot, etc...
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:
Add the option of buying permanent weapons, 10000 for no-slot, 20000 for 1 slot, etc...
Fun fact: This was promised to us back in closed beta. Course, Joker Tickets didn't exist back then and the promise was for them to be purchased with cash. If I'm remembering correctly, it was something like $1m for the stock weapon, with an extra $1m per slot... although the numbers were never anything other than conceptual of course.

11 hours ago, mynd said:
I think district threat should resemble the majority of the players therein and change dynamically.
this is a seriously good idea.

Hopefully, with the implementation of cross district matchmaking, we won't need to manually select our districts. Join friends, group members, clan members, or whichever district the game puts you in.

Imagine, a Utopia APB... with chaos and destruction of course...

In my opinion, the mechanics should work like this: Greens can join in green and bronze districts, Bronzes can join in bronze and silver districts.... Golds can only join in golds districts. DONE.

• Like 2

Just now, Xaix said:

In my opinion, the mechanics should work like this: Greens can join in green and bronze districts, Bronzes can join in bronze and silver districts.... Golds can only join in golds districts. DONE.

this is the first adequate response in the last two weeks .

14 hours ago, gothroach said:

I didn't see the title before he edited it, but I think the word he's looking for would be incentivize.

True, note to self don't post tired lol

4 minutes ago, Xaix said:

I have to disagree with this. This is basically segregation, and we had that. It resulted in mass dethreating.
  Edited by IROCkiller
Add an option to not include emojis in posts pls
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IROCkiller said:

I have to disagree with this. This is basically segregation, and we had that. It resulted in mass dethreating.

Still better than the actual one, where golds deathreat to go to bronze districts :v

Just now, IROCkiller said:

True, note to self don't post tired 😛

game (little orbit ) - do not need clans and private groups .  they need to make money .   this is only possible in one case - if the beginners can play safely and reach the top levels Edited by Yood

9 minutes ago, Xaix said:
Still better than the actual one, where golds deathreat to go to bronze districts :v
I assume in your version of threat silvers can join silver and gold districts, not bronze? Basically you've just shifted the problem from bronze districts to silver districts. Edited by IROCkiller
From gold to silver districts

3 minutes ago, IROCkiller said:
5 minutes ago, Xaix said:
I assume in your version of threat silvers can join silver and gold districts, not bronze? Basically you've just shifted the problem from bronze districts to gold.
At least there wont be empty gold districts 😛

2 minutes ago, Yood said:
6 minutes ago, IROCkiller said:

True, note to self don't post tired 😛

game (little orbit) do not need clans , private groups they need to make money . this is only possible in this case if the newcomers will be able to play quietly and reach the top levels.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. I'm assuming it has to do with dethreating. Newcomers need a decent tutorial to help them out, or a group of trusted community members to go into bronze/green to help out. Dethreating is an issue, but I don't think the fix that we're discussing will work.

the problem is not in the areas u the problem is the players . the gold is drained for 1 match . and they can Troll the bronze district again

the tutorials are very well made . the problem is the players themselves .

Just now, Xaix said:
At least there wont be empty gold districts 😛
the gold is drained for 1 match . and they can Troll the bronze district again Edited by Yood

players are the most problematic part of the game . the choice of solution is very difficult .

You mean make golds be golds by removing lowyields from the game? Couldn't be a better idea.