MageLO

10/09 PATCH ANNOUNCEMENT

Love the buffs, now maybe we can compete against the meta finally

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheSxW said:

but stabbas are preety op imo... i hit cop15 with only using pistol stabba (not the one shot one)

....if only, TTS on stabbas is far higher than any TTK for a gun plus worse accuracy (on the TG8 atleast)

just because you can use the TG8 to max out cop 15 doesnt mean its op, it actually loses out to every other secondary except maybe the snub lmao and the pig isn't 1 shot

6 cop 15s btw

Edited by ninjarrrr
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TheSxW said:

but stabbas are preety op imo...

trash.gif

1 hour ago, R3ACT3M said:

idk about you but i never see anyone play the manic

Because the majority of the playerbase still hasn't picked up on it yet. Same story as the NSSW back in the day.

Edited by Hexerin

1 hour ago, R3ACT3M said:

manic

i got the family of em, they all have to much recoil lift, and too much bloom. 

the sub is alright, the ar is better used as a sub, n the lmg is bad.

You have to tap it, and its just not comparable to or as good as the kraken.

3 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

n the lmg is bad.

Ok ur def a lost cause to me now...

3 hours ago, Nagletz said:

lost cause to me now

Well I want to thank for your time contributing to my Cause.

It is unfortunate you will be leaving the Cause.

That LMG has trouble in mid to close ranges more so than 

other similar lmg's. 

17 hours ago, reign said:

Great point! It’s strange that a car with "Rally" in the name would stick with FWD, especially when AWD has been the standard in rally racing for so long. AWD offers way better traction and control, which would make a huge difference in both performance and handling on rough terrain. Switching to AWD would really help it live up to its rally heritage and be more competitive. It feels like a missed opportunity not to have it by default!

I just drove it yesterday and...

well, it still can't compete with top tier compacts because it's slow and now with nitro, pushed very early, you'll get wheelspining for like 3 seconds of nitro

and i must say: i don't  envy devs right now because they're literally ran out of things to buff this car:

1)if you add even more acceleration - you'll get wheelspin even without nitro and with it you'll negative acceleration+torque steering like hell

2)if you buff handling - then it can return to the previous state where you can roll over in corner, or you just will lose more speed while turning

3)last one: if you make it AWD, then it'll become another top tier compact without any unique features while also being ahead of them by Max Speed

But at the same time if you leave it in this way - nobody will use it because it's crap

i also don't get why it received trunk size nerf when became updated version of regular varzuga

Edited by Goldexen

15 hours ago, Hexerin said:

trash.gif

Because the majority of the playerbase still hasn't picked up on it yet. Same story as the NSSW back in the day.

It was nerfed, then people stopped using. The jump accuracy penalty and max bloom multipliers were increased. Now it's similar to the way it used to be,

Current:

Manic
Jump Modifier decreased from 4.4 to 2.2
Max Bloom decreased from 0.725 to 0.68

From APBDB:

1.20.0.833440 (Friday, Sep 18, 2020)
Updated fJumpModifier from 2.2 to 4.4.
Updated fOverallShotModifierCap from 0.6 to 0.725.
Updated fHealthDamage from 115 to 110.

Edited by BlatMan

On 10/8/2024 at 11:49 PM, Hexerin said:

The marksman movement speed change is irrelevant, since you don't ADS with the COBR-A (it's a pure hipfire weapon). However, that jump modifier buff is a welcome adjustment.

Personally I enjoy playiung the COBR-A like a STAR / JokerCarbine hybrid.
I prefer playing with heavy barrel and mobility sling (and blue mod). It feels like a more jack-of-all-trades weapon than the STAR. Flexible with an emphasis on aiming but absolutely no pushover for hip-fire ^^

On 10/8/2024 at 2:46 AM, MageLO said:

And as usual here are the raw stat changes for our more advanced users.

Reveal hidden contents

ATAC

• Jump Modifier decreased from 9 to 6.5
  • Max Bloom decreased from 0.7 to 0.6

COBR-A

• Jump Modifier decreased from 12 to 7.
  • Marksmanship speed increased from 139cm/s to 275cm/s

Manic

• Jump Modifier decreased from 4.4 to 2.2
  • Max Bloom decreased from 0.725 to 0.68

OCSP

• Ramp Distance increased from 3000 to 3500

ISSR-A

• Health damage increased from 255 to 270
  • Jump Modifier decreased from 40 to 12
  • Reload time reduced from 2.75 to 2
  • Marksmanship speed increased from 139cm/s to 175cm/s
  • Run Modifier decreased from 5 to 2.4
  • Sprint Modifier decreased from 7.5 to 4.8
  • Adjusted curve to cause accuracy loss when shooting to start later
  • Ramp Distance decreased from 5000 to 4500

DOW 'Thumper'

• Ray Spread decreased from 125 to 90
  • Mechanical Choke now reduces Ray Spread by 45% (was 35%)

Shredder

• Ray Spread decreased from 45 to 35
  • Fire interval decreased from 0.48 to 0.42

EOL Grenade Launchers

• Added an extra open slot to the following variants: "EOL 'Deep Impact'" & "EOL 'The Hammer'"
  • Removed the Windup timer on all versions.
  • Sprint Delay increase from 0.73s to 1s

EOL 'Deep Impact'

• Reload time increased from 1.15s to 1.3s

EOL 'The Hammer'

• Reload time increased from 0.75s to 0.9s

EOL 'Kickback'

• Reload time decreased from 1s to 0.75s

AAEPD

• Increased sprint delay from 0.73s to 1.1s

Varzuga Rally XS

• Front Long Factor increased from 2.175 to 2.2
  • Front Lat Factor decreased from 2.1 to 2
  • Rear Long Factor increased from 2 to 2.2
  • Rear Lat Factor increased from 1.86 to 2
  • 4500 RPM Torque increased from 7 to 15
  • 7000 RPM Torque increased from 5 to 25
  • 12m/s Steer Angle increased from 19 to 25
  • 22m/s Steer Angle increased from 13.5 to 21
  • Max Reverse Speed increased from 15 to 18

Perhaps my conclusions are wrong. Calling for reinforcements works as an escalation. The selection of opponents is aimed at equalizing the number of players in the team, without paying attention to the level of their abilities. Is this really the case?

So still no new updates about current cheating issue?

or any changes

- about the Cargameplay Meta (which easy can be fixed!) ?!
- about finally fixing the Obir which is currently way too strong? 

- about matchmaking issues? waiting 10mins to get finally a Match, you're able to call backup (what actually should only affect your own team not the enemy team aswell), not even mentioning the actually matchups 

Edited by iSynergy

1 hour ago, iSynergy said:

So still no new updates about current cheating issue?

or any changes

- about the Cargameplay Meta (which easy can be fixed!) ?!
- about finally fixing the Obir which is currently way too strong? 

- about matchmaking issues? waiting 10mins to get finally a Match, you're able to call backup (what actually should only affect your own team not the enemy team aswell), not even mentioning the actually matchups 

why is everyone talking about obir being op? I haven't played in months...

was it buffed recently?

13 hours ago, BlatMan said:

It was nerfed, then people stopped using. The jump accuracy penalty and max bloom multipliers were increased. Now it's similar to the way it used to be,

Current:

From APBDB:

Thumper used to be a good gun and then they nerfed it...

do you know the stats of it back in the day in comparison with the new changes??

25 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

why is everyone talking about obir being op? I haven't played in months...

was it buffed recently?

because it deals kinda way too much damage? and imho accuracy while jumping is way too high

17 hours ago, koenyboy500 said:

Personally I enjoy playiung the COBR-A like a STAR / JokerCarbine hybrid.
I prefer playing with heavy barrel and mobility sling (and blue mod). It feels like a more jack-of-all-trades weapon than the STAR. Flexible with an emphasis on aiming but absolutely no pushover for hip-fire ^^

Heavy Barrel does nothing for the gun, while also making it a 6 shot to kill instead of a 5 shot to kill. Bruh.

10 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Heavy Barrel does nothing for the gun, while also making it a 6 shot to kill instead of a 5 shot to kill. Bruh.

NUMBERS! Ladies and gentlemen,

I love numbers.

Guess what, 'Frenzy' with heavy barrel as well.

And then I get pointed at and laughed moments before I win the gunfight. It's so awesome being a strategist.

• Like 1

Heavy Barrel makes sense on the COBR-A since it's more accurate firing those first 7 shots than firing the 6. The 'Frenzy' doesn't seem to benefit the accuracy enough to justify the ttk loss. If I'm often shooting over 50M, I rather have Long Range Rifling. Less effect on TTK up close than HB2, and more range than IR3, without the max bloom downside.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Hexerin said:

COBR-A is a 6 shot kill stock, but with HB3 it remains a 6 shot kill.

Tested in district today against a player with Clotting Agent 3

1 hour ago, MStomm said:

It should be 7 shots with HB3. Did they change the damage and forgot to include it in the patch notes? I'd test how much damage a 4 shot assist gives you.

5 hours ago, BlatMan said:

It should be 7 shots with HB3. Did they change the damage and forgot to include it in the patch notes? I'd test how much damage a 4 shot assist gives you.

On 10/11/2024 at 9:27 AM, Hexerin said:

COBR-A has always been 6 shot AFAIK, even with HB2. Now you can slap HB3 on it since they buffed it not too long ago and gave it -10% damage penalty that HB2 used to have. APBDB doesn't have the most up to date info though so if you want to see how current HB3 affects weapons damage wise, you gotta go with HB2 in the modding menu.

81cfe46310b69ca65ab92cfbc7918b96.png

15 hours ago, BlatMan said:

Heavy Barrel makes sense on the COBR-A since it's more accurate firing those first 7 shots than firing the 6. The 'Frenzy' doesn't seem to benefit the accuracy enough to justify the ttk loss. If I'm often shooting over 50M, I rather have Long Range Rifling. Less effect on TTK up close than HB2, and more range than IR3, without the max bloom downside.

Totally fair. Eveyone should play how they feel like playing. (Unless it is cheating)
My secret testresults yield a "Mobility Sling; Hunting Sight 3; Heavy Barrel 2" setup for my personal preference. With stipulation on burstfiring and going crazy on the trigger, not holding it down.

A barrage of accurate AR rounds.

I'm very abstract with my builds and numbercrunching and whatnot. But that makes it all the more fun.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2024 at 7:54 PM, MStomm said:

Just checked APB:Db, apparently it got nerfed at some point. LO really just can't dodge the allegations of incompetence.

On 10/12/2024 at 2:43 AM, Szambi said:

COBR-A has always been 6 shot AFAIK, even with HB2. Now you can slap HB3 on it since they buffed it not too long ago and gave it -10% damage penalty that HB2 used to have. APBDB doesn't have the most up to date info though so if you want to see how current HB3 affects weapons damage wise, you gotta go with HB2 in the modding menu.

From release until LO apparently nerfed it, COBR-A dealt 200 damage per shot, making it kill in exactly 5 shots against a player with unmodified health.

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Just checked APB:Db, apparently it got nerfed at some point. LO really just can't dodge the allegations of incompetence.

From release until LO apparently nerfed it, COBR-A dealt 200 damage per shot, making it kill in exactly 5 shots against a player with unmodified health.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150309022947/http://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_AssaultRifle_COBR-A/

That's from 9 Mar 2015. It's been 195hp for quite a while. Maybe Innova had different damage.