MageLO

APB: Reloaded Version 1.31 "New Horizon"

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yapopal said:

Please unlock the exit mission button. And charge a penalty for this in the form of deducting points and currency. This will save the players from a lot of negative emotions.

allow players to abandon but they cant k up until that mission is over (same for /exit)

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 3

.45 AP is basically an Ursus with 7 ammo, fbw is balanced enough. Fr0g is relatively balanced now... still worse than AP no matter the ammo count.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nagletz said:

.45 AP is basically an Ursus with 7 ammo, fbw is balanced enough. Fr0g is relatively balanced now... still worse than AP no matter the ammo count.

The .45 was overnerfed. The FBW was so "balanced" that they made it the starting primary because no one used the Snub. Then they nerfed the Snub's draw time, the only useful thing about it. The FR0G, well all secondaries, need the -1 round negative removed from the silencer mod.

But no, we get an OBIR nerf to make the new legendary have a niche. It's the same as when Reloaded nerfed the Scout's jump shot, to sell the N-ISSR-B with it's jump shoot capabilities.

3 hours ago, Yapopal said:

Please unlock the exit mission button. And charge a penalty for this in the form of deducting points and currency. This will save the players from a lot of negative emotions.

It is not necessary
There is no need to do anything with the game for those who do not know how to play themselves and want to afk on missions while their good teammates win

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BlatMan said:

The .45 was overnerfed. The FBW was so "balanced" that they made it the starting primary because no one used the Snub. Then they nerfed the Snub's draw time, the only useful thing about it. The FR0G, well all secondaries, need the -1 round negative removed from the silencer mod.

But no, we get an OBIR nerf to make the new legendary have a niche. It's the same as when Reloaded nerfed the Scout's jump shot, to sell the N-ISSR-B with it's jump shoot capabilities.

Iirc .45 was never nerfed or clearly not enough nerfed.

FBW is in perfect secondary state rn.

Fr0g is how .45 should be now. Silencer -1 ammo is bs tho, agreed.

OBIR had to be nerfed tho, this gun out-ttks heavy HVR on 80-90m is not good. Obeya still untouched for some reason tho. 

ISSR-B is a silent kid in snipers yet still a decent gun. Balanced unless u have aimbot xd.

Edited by Nagletz
  • Thanks 1

I'm only interested in new clothes.

We'll see what's what.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

allow players to abandon but they cant k up until that mission is over (same for /exit)

12 hours ago, Annette_Sasha said:

It is not necessary
There is no need to do anything with the game for those who do not know how to play themselves and want to afk on missions while their good teammates win

Consequences of blocking the exit button from the mission: 
1. Stand in AFK, 
2. to let the team down,
3. Wasting time
4. Swear
5. Exit the game

If the player does not want to continue the MISSION (not the game) then why limit it?

Edited by Yapopal

Came as a surprise, but a welcomed one. I do wonder how the changes to Waterfront will turn out, as that might set the stage for a new district down the line (?). New clothing items are also nice to get.

3 hours ago, Yapopal said:

If the player does not want to continue the MISSION (not the game) then why limit it?

The problem, I think, is leaving your teammates a man down in a game that can take forever to get backup, if you get it at all.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

leaving your teammates a man down in a game that can take forever to get backup

Allot of this boils down to MM, MM can be so lop sided. 

Allot of cases where a gold will not play if teamed with a bronze, 

because he afraid to lose and damage his gold. 

Leaving me to fight the sweatys that would've won anyway, which is fine for me.

Because then I can just clown the opp and wait the clock down. 

I would only do this on my main cop who is broke. 

But I don't have to keep rushing and dying to appease my tm. 

In the case of tickets, if I still have tags or radar jams to do, i will stay on. 

But soon as I get my tickets I'm out. Not being a matter of my threat, 

because I don't care about MY threat, its a matter of time.

The energy spent and time and sweat to finish a mission, even a winning mish. 

You're only gonna get a few dollars, so for the cop he needs that chump change.

My crims don't, they don't need money and really I don't need tickets cause there is nothing 

to buy that interests me. 

So fighting thru a losing mission just to feed 'sweatys' and protect your self from being accused of 

afk.

The afk thing is a big issue, because allot of times you will see the mission start with certain players marked as afk. 

And I immediately think that players is a friend of the opp, and the mission will be 'Rigged'.

or you can show up and be tk'd by some narcissist gold .

We'll have to see, it all depends on the AC, and what ever changes to the map they've made. 

WF is not the good map to play, and is harder to finish the contacts because of pop.

I really hope they have something worth grinding thru

Nice, just a little too late...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

The problem, I think, is leaving your teammates a man down in a game that can take forever to get backup, if you get it at all.

If the player does not want to continue the task, then what difference does it make if he is on the team or not. If players don't get stuck in missions, there will be more free players. Matchmaking will make it easier to balance the teams. Players who do not want to leave the mission will not pull the ballast behind them.

51 minutes ago, Yapopal said:

If the player does not want to continue the task, then what difference does it make if he is on the team or not

That is a good point. I think the idea is that with a penalty involved, players will be more likely to play the mission. Without it any player above Gold 8 or so wont get opp because everyone can just quit with no penalty. Ditto when vs anyone people think cheats. I don't see how it won't be a problem.

...i'm not hinting at anything...

xbM1DOJ.png

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Decreased the range of the OBIR by 5 meters. We are going to revisit this change once we are closer to making larger balance adjustments but we feel like the gun is currently too dominant and would like to address that for the time being.

Whatever after killing sniper rifles and obir for bs/ milking reason . . . I guess Now you'll see the few players just switching the next best weapon available aka Dog Ear or "casually" the new weapon released -______-

Edited by PingOVER9000

Decreased the Health and Stamina damage of the DMR-AV Sniper Rifle to decrease the range in which it can Kill in two shots from 88-100m to 95-100m. The ability to stun in two shots has been removed entirely. The DMR-SD is unaffected by these changes.

For fuck's sake. At this point, just remove the entire LTL mechanic since that's what you clearly want to do anyways. LTL is literally unusable in real matches already as is, and yet you still nerf it every other balance pass. The favoritism towards the Criminal faction is absolutely disgusting, seriously.

12 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Backup problems stem from a lack of playerbase. If you fix the playerbase issue, the backup issue just naturally goes away on its own. One way to go about fixing the playerbase issue, is to introduce changes that improve quality of life, like allowing players to leave missions that they don't want to engage with (whatever their personal reasons might be). Happy players are engaged players, and engaged players are more likely to stick around and keep playing (not to mention more likely to invite their friends to play, further bolstering the playerbase). A smart dev would implement the ability to /abandonmission opposed missions and just suffer the short term problems that causes, in the interest of improving the long term health of the game overall.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Backup problems stem from a lack of playerbase

playerbase lack of cross-district matchmaking

Posted (edited)

So SARC Anti-Cheat, previously Frost  Security which was  the russians(Innova) inhouse security solution?

Their address is in Armenia, founders are ethnic armenians but company has a strong russian connection. The region there has a strong fifth column... Don't know if the armenian address is not just a proxy to possibly evade sanctions(after 2014 and 2022). They are using "AI"/ML so they need chips, something that is not supplied to Russia via normal channels.

Mind you, you are going to grant kernel level access to this company... Not saying anything dubious is going on but you never know.

Edited by Sayori
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2024 at 4:23 PM, Nagletz said:

Iirc .45 was never nerfed or clearly not enough nerfed.

FBW is in perfect secondary state rn.

Fr0g is how .45 should be now. Silencer -1 ammo is bs tho, agreed.

OBIR had to be nerfed tho, this gun out-ttks heavy HVR on 80-90m is not good. Obeya still untouched for some reason tho. 

ISSR-B is a silent kid in snipers yet still a decent gun. Balanced unless u have aimbot xd.

They nerfed the .45 from 40M to 30M, and accidentally set the minimum damage to 35M but decided to leave it.

The FBW is in a decent state currently. It doesn't compete against primary weapons, but is versatile.

If the FR0G had more range, it would be better than the FBW in most situations. I can't say without using it with those stats. It does bloom a bit more than the FBW.

OBIR starts missing some bullets at 80-90M. It's not out shooting any high velocity rifle at 90M.

Obeya had it's damage and range nerfed. I can't say if it's a good or a bad change. I stopped using the SLR variant due to the crackling audio bug.

N-ISSR-B is meh at best. The range reduction with the silencer puts it in a spot where it's not really good at anything. Sorta the jack of all trades. The jump shot is useful for tagging people behind cover.

Everything is unbalanced if someone has an aimbot.

Shotguns remain trash even where they should dominate. Any popular additional weapon copes with them in two counts. If a player likes the style of a rabid macaque (universal rifle, 45 pistol) then this is his problem. But at this point in time, for some reason, this is becoming a problem for players with shotguns. At short (up to 5 meters) distances, a shotgun should take down 85 percent of health. Killing will take the same amount of time because it takes two shots. 
I believe that the old NFAS met all the requirements. But fans of the rabid macaque style began to whine that they were being killed in the hallway. And changing weapons for them is comparable to losing a banana. This is wrong - it makes the game flat.
I can say the same about heavy sniper rifles, they have no advantage over medium-range weapons, they are also useless against light sniper rifles. I would add a new mechanic to them, similar to the DMR mechanics - killing with one shot with a reduced scope at a distance of 95-100 meters. One of the negative factors is the decrease in accuracy, which will be compensated by the modifier "sight of Polish multiplicity"

May 2024 recap: Internally, we’ve had great discussions regarding balance, focusing on buffs to very underutilized weapons that nobody plays.

So... Why is LO still nerfing..?

Should nerf whomever is making those decisions out of their seat. They've destroyed the game enough as is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LilyRain said:

focusing on buffs to very underutilized weapons that nobody plays.

So... Why is LO still nerfing..

Matt said as much in the Ama, and I don't understand why I am hearing about nerfs and not buffs. 

Allot plays into this subject. 

1. The perception of weapons by Legit players is clouded by cheaters use of a given gun, 

So someone uses a macro and a 45 and everyone wants to Hate on the .45

Ya know its a .45, it should kill ya in 2-3 shots max, why does everyone have one, cuz all the other 

pistols suck especially when used v someone with a sub gun or ar in cq. 

The mountie and nuvant auto 9mm show extended range on the bar graph

and are decent in cq, but are worthless outside of very close range. 

Every time the hax are seen using a gun, Everyone wants it nerfed, 

and every time a gun kills a hack there is big push to nerf it. 

Then in the end, the gun suffers but still works for the Hack, and not for the legit. 

Its like watching a dog chase his tail.

So no weapons should be adjusted until it is fairly clear that we have little to no hackers. 

Then U reset all the guns to the original spec's, and adjust if needed later on. 

The bar chart displaying health, hard, stamina damage and Range needs to be put in

numbers. stk and range in meters not some errant bar chart.

This should be displayed on armas 

• Like 1

What is Large in this update exactly ?

• Hit register is the same
  • The rectangle hitbox is a joke, nobody use this in a Shooter game.
  • A real anticheat when ? I researched for SARD, this anticheat have positive reviews, but the total of reviews is 8.
  • Shooting through car windows when ?
  • Damage in function of body parts when ?
  • Nerfing the heal regen when ?