Hexerin

Dethreating is still rampant in bronze, and Little Orbit refuses to take action

Blahhh...   pish posh....

You could call him anything, does not mean that it is true.

Ok,. now were all speculating here...

So anyone think that maybe it was the bronze that are dethreating?

10 hours ago, -Dan- said:

You're an R180+ silver, what are you doing in bronze ?

im a rank 217 BRONZE and people keep asking me why I am dethreating.. I need to tell them (which is true) that I haven't played for 3 years and it turns out that now I am really shit at APB. I keep loosing games over and over.. I really have not been able to get much better recently! I got a new gun yesterday though so I think things will be looking up!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seedy said:

im a rank 217 BRONZE and people keep asking me why I am dethreating.. I need to tell them (which is true) that I haven't played for 3 years and it turns out that now I am really shit at APB. I keep loosing games over and over.. I really have not been able to get much better recently! I got a new gun yesterday though so I think things will be looking up!

Fair enough, but in this guy's case, he obviously is not a legit bronze (judging by the scoreboard), so he contributes to the problem as much as his enemies

5 hours ago, Westford said:

.............. and Little Orbit refuses to take action

I missed this.

I was not aware that LO is refusing to address this.

Did they not mentioned in an earlier post that they were aware of this issue ?

From the Q&A posted on the APB Blog dated 5/25/2018:

5. De-threating. Will you be looking to tackle this phenomenon, if so how? Will changes to the threat system be made to assist this?

At the end of the day, this comes down to proper matchmaking and creating fair fights.

This is one of those long standing systems that needs to be changed. I want to dig in more deeply, but we are committed to better matchmaking.

Source: https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2018/05/two-week-update-q-notes-from-my-stream.html

Don't think they said anywhere, that they are "refusing to take action"..

Maybe I misinterpreted.

this should have been the post right after the first post so that this thread never grew any legs..

1 minute ago, -Dan- said:

Fair enough, but in this guy's case, he obviously is not a legit bronze (judging by the scoreboard), so he contributes to the problem as much as his enemies

true.. looks like he is just on an anger management comedown anyway.. This need to be locked and removed.

• Thanks 1

What are you doing in bronze? There are already enough tryhards there. You are just apart of the problem.

All this happens because the golds, instead of playing in their districts (gold).

They are playing in silver.

80% of what you will see in the silver district is gold.

That means there are enough players to go all to gold district.

So that they leave the silver servers, free for the silver.

All the fault is of the golds. They shouldnt play in silver.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

A silver, playing with bronzes and complaining about golds beating them... let that sink in.

On the BRONZE district though where the dethreated golds are not supposed to be trolling and steamrolling and chasing off the new playerbase... and destroying the game population.

Matt's team just seriously needs to roll back Threat Segregation entirely and restore the original RTW system to save the game. It was the biggest destruction G1 committed against the original game.

Not only do the lower ranks/threats get steamrolled... the golds really don't have many options either.

33 minutes ago, INSECURITY said:

All this happens because the golds, instead of playing in their districts (gold).

They are playing in silver.

80% of what you will see in the silver district is gold.

That means there are enough players to go all to gold district.

So that they leave the silver servers, free for the silver.

All the fault is of the golds. They shouldnt play in silver.

There shouldn't be any threat segregation at all.  It should be restored to how it originally was... when no one even complained about the system until the tsunami of threat segregation fundamentally borked the game... and left us with this unjust shipwreck.

Edited by Rebelliousness

6 hours ago, SelttikS said:

So anyone think that maybe it was the bronze that are dethreating?

Sometimes that actually is true, and even the rerolls steamroll players.  But according to the scoreboard, the dethreated golds rolled the hell out of the op.

seems you're doing the same thing Hex, you just have no friends to do it with. 

Looks like a silver complaining about other silvers to me?

5 minutes ago, wibsey said:

seems you're doing the same thing Hex, you just have no friends to do it with. 

Hex got 5 kills as a mid to high silver.  I don't think it's comparable with the dethreated golds who landed 17 kills each.  Ergo, Hex is prolly a true silver who fits in bronze district.  or would it have been better for you for those 2 bronzies to have been matched with another bronzie to make the horribad matchmaking due to the dethreat exploitation even more horribad?

On 7/8/2018 at 12:10 PM, Rebelliousness said:

Hex got 5 kills as a mid to high silver.  I don't think it's comparable with the dethreated golds who landed 17 kills each.  Ergo, Hex is prolly a true silver who fits in bronze district.  or would it have been better for you for those 2 bronzies to have been matched with another bronzie to make the horribad matchmaking due to the dethreat exploitation even more horribad?

without a doubt, the matchmaking can be messed up, but 2 bronzes vs 1 silver makes sense, if a mid rank silver complains about other mid rank silvers in a bronze he will just get laughed at.

Just now, wibsey said:

without a doubt, the matchmaking can be messed up, but 2 bronzes vs 1 silver makes sense, if a mid rank silver complains about other mid rank silvers in a bronze he will just get laughed at, making it worse it's Hexerin lol.

It's not about the threat color... since dethreating masks true skill... it's about how hard their little team got steamrolled by the dethreated golds who clearly were out of their league.

How many people do you think join a match and want to get killed 34x and come back to play this game for more of the same because everything is messed up right now?  That's the point, not Hex or w/e or threat colors.

1 minute ago, Rebelliousness said:

It's not about the threat color... since dethreating masks true skill... it's about how hard their little team got steamrolled by the dethreated golds who clearly were out of their league.

it the chicken and the egg story... what came 1st? dethreating or the steamrolling.

a silver posting a SS of other silvers tells us nothing, issue the fact that maybe these silvers are just better silvers (high silvers) than hexerin.. the threat system is a joke, it needs a massive revamp of just deleted.

8 minutes ago, wibsey said:

it the chicken and the egg story... what came 1st? dethreating or the steamrolling.

a silver posting a SS of other silvers tells us nothing, issue the fact that maybe these silvers are just better silvers (high silvers) than hexerin.. the threat system is a joke, it needs a massive revamp of just deleted.

Threat Segregation is the cause of all our calamities, the original RTW system worked.  A screenshot of a weak team getting their butts handed to them speaks loud enough.

As I said before, the deeper issue is player retention, esp of new players.  And no one is going to come back after dying scores of time and having no chance to succeed and enjoy the missions due to horribad imbalance and exploitation of the matching system so that the best players get matched with ones who cannot even properly mount a defense.  The game just becomes shooting ducks in a pool, as there is no longer any "sport" in it... and this is why we have a "DEAD" game with subpar population.  but the solution is not actually tormenting the dethreaters... they are only a symptom of a very broken system, that hopefully gets replaced by one that's more fair.

Just now, Rebelliousness said:

Threat Segregation is the cause of all our calamities, the original RTW system worked.  A screenshot of a weak team getting their butts handed to them speaks loud enough.

no, this shows new players teamed up with one experienced player vsing two other experienced players. no matter what threat you are, someone can be better than you at that same threat level, to then jump to a conclusion of "yeah they are dethreating" is false. 

these guys could be just in discord/ts giving good call outs but how to be know what you story is by one single screenshot? 

this doubt comes from the fact hexerin as a long standing history of making bad senseless threads 

2 hours ago, Rebelliousness said:

On the BRONZE district though where the dethreated golds are not supposed to be trolling and steamrolling and chasing off the new playerbase... and destroying the game population.

Matt's team just seriously needs to roll back Threat Segregation entirely and restore the original RTW system to save the game. It was the biggest destruction G1 committed against the original game.

Not only do the lower ranks/threats get steamrolled... the golds really don't have many options either.

Silvers do that exactly the same to bronzes and starters for how long now? The only diference is that bronzes cant complain here on forums or anywhere because they are like special.

Don't play the victim because everyone knows it by now. We golds know what you been doing, you were bad silvers.

Edited by Excalibur!

3 hours ago, Rebelliousness said:

There shouldn't be any threat segregation at all.  It should be restored to how it originally was... when no one even complained about the system until the tsunami of threat segregation fundamentally borked the game... and left us with this unjust shipwreck.

i totally agree with this.. I would also really like to see "a prestigious player has entered the district - and name here of said player". I have said it before, this is what APB was and SHOULD STILL BE all about!

"REFUSES TO TAKE ACTION" - Wow, you don't understand much... They even posted a roadmap and have been able to live up to it.

Wait for these changes to be completed. They certainly are aware of the million issues G1 created, but they can't fix everything at once...

If LO was serious about rebuilding this game this issue should have been at the forefront. Too many times I have been on the side getting steamrolled only to see three or four low level new players quit outright becuase of low life dethreaters. What percentage of those potential paying customers come back???? I usually don't return to playing after such instances for a week and really makes me think twice about buying premium. GG.

3 hours ago, Rebelliousness said:

Threat Segregation is the cause of all our calamities, the original RTW system worked. 

wasn’t the original rtw threat system based on your last 50 missions? making threat even easier to manipulate doesn’t seem like a good solution to dethreating imo 

as for segregation, we’ve had the same threat labeled districts since cbt, there’s always been complaints about it

"Dethreating" happens because this game has a very tiny population with a large skill gap between players.

Not only is the population an issue, but there are only 2 real districts people play in, Bronze districts and Silver districts. 

Trying to cram our tiny population into only 2 skill categories causes a few issues.  The main issue is that low to high silver players are being forced to play against either people who are too easy (bronze) or people who are too good (gold).

Against bronze players, silver players end up being categorized as gold players, and against gold players they often drop to bronze players.

There is no real place for silver players to go, so they bounce back and forth in threat level.

I don't meet many intentional dethreaters, what I run into a lot are silver players who get bounced back and forth because the population in this game is too small to sustain any form of good match making.

For those thinking LO can fix this, they can not fix this.  Until the population of the game exceeds a certain threshold, it will be impossible to match up people against their own skill level.

Edited by illgot

silver player in bronze crying about dethreaters.

10/10

i have no idea why its only the silvers who complain. you hardly see bronze players come to the forums to complain about the game and when they do, they atleast show the people with gold threat and not silver threat, while claiming they are obviously a different threat just because they beat you.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hexerin said:

and that the dethreater's taunts that Little Orbit won't do anything were well founded. Every

You know LO has said they plan on fixing the issue yeah?
Saying it's a crucial issue that needs to be done carefully?