Sign in to follow this  
Darkzero3802

Start Showing Ban Stats

LO its time to stop hiding this and its time to start showing us your actually trying to make an effort in removing cheaters and hackers from APB. One of the biggest gripes from the community is the lack of transparency as to LOs efforts to clean up the game and make it legit. GMs have no ban power nor do they honestly show any caring for cleaning up the game. They are glofified babysitters and even with them online ppl continue to cheat cause they know they can get away with it. If LO wants to show us they are trying its time to show it.

One of the biggest games today PUBG shows weekly ban stats and breaks down the reasons for the bans. Not only that but they release a weekly list of account names that were banned. There are other games out there that also release ban stats so it is very possible LO can do that as well. Nobody here says you have to release account names but you can most certainly release stats like how many were banned in total and break that down as to how many for what reason. This shows us your actually trying to make an effort into cleaning up the game and it would bring some people back who arent playing cause of the hacker problem. It also encourages players to submit player reports as they see you are taking action.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Would be cool but only if they don't release names. Blatant cheaters are doing it for the attention. To them it's like a competition. FFBans did a great job at glorifying it, was like a leaderboard to them.

In CSGO you got a notification if someone you reported got banned but it didn't tell you their name. That would be enough for me.

Edited by ezmegaz68

i don’t get it, if you don’t trust orbit to ban silently then why would you trust any numbers they show you either lol

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, vsb said:

i don’t get it, if you don’t trust orbit

It is not exactly a matter of Trust, it is a matter of LO doing anything.

The only thing we have from LO is that The Anti Cheat is working.

They've made Zero statements regarding Bans. We know a few have been 

banned but only thru hear-say and whether EAC triggered the ban or it was 

done by staff for behavior related reasons.

I still see em, hell they will come n teleport all around you n make it obvious.

I myself have absolutely no trust in EAC, I think the EAC company is a fraud itself.

I consider anyone hacking, and getting away with it, to have some by-pass code. 

The above post is right, They do it for attention, to see how many levels they can 

get before getting banned and or getting gold. So publishing the names would only

help encourage them. Me personally I don't think there is an anticheat that would stop 

them, this goes for most video games. I see them as weak players. 

They may not all be weak, some of it is peer pressure, some of it is 'Well if they're gonna hack

then im gonna get mine too. Some of em don't hack unless they run into another hacker.

Ya know this isn't the first thread on this, people like me just don't care anymore, We begged 

LO for a decent anticheat, we cried foul when people started bypassing or we knew eac wasn't 

working as promised. Its even come to the point where you are encouraged to report and if 

you won't because you have no faith in either EAC or LO that You are now the problem. 

LO threw in EAC n moved right on to MM n throwing out a car with no kits, like everything is everything.

All they did was remove a couple of chat Mouths, the hackers are still there, n ya just have to accept them.

It's too much stress, Im not the games Policeman, Im not here to make reports, I'm not getting paid for reports.

n they aren't gonna do anything if I report anyway. So I don't hacusate or report, I just do my own thing.

Kinda feel bad for the hackers cuz they That bad n weak they need hax to beat a old man.

If they did put up some stats on bans for hacking, it might help, but it's too late. It just doesn't matter anymore. 

EAC is doing the bans and the appeals. And from what i have seen people are getting banned.

Edited by Gateron

On 2/26/2024 at 5:19 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

LO its time to stop hiding this and its time to start showing us your actually trying to make an effort in removing cheaters and hackers from APB. One of the biggest gripes from the community is the lack of transparency as to LOs efforts to clean up the game and make it legit. GMs have no ban power nor do they honestly show any caring for cleaning up the game. They are glofified babysitters and even with them online ppl continue to cheat cause they know they can get away with it. If LO wants to show us they are trying its time to show it.

One of the biggest games today PUBG shows weekly ban stats and breaks down the reasons for the bans. Not only that but they release a weekly list of account names that were banned. There are other games out there that also release ban stats so it is very possible LO can do that as well. Nobody here says you have to release account names but you can most certainly release stats like how many were banned in total and break that down as to how many for what reason. This shows us your actually trying to make an effort into cleaning up the game and it would bring some people back who arent playing cause of the hacker problem. It also encourages players to submit player reports as they see you are taking action.

why would they ban cheaters, they literally had a whole stream q&a where the CEO matt scott explained that he doesn't like banning cheaters.

if they cared to ban cheaters they would make me a super GM and i would have banned the vast majority of cheaters by now, and they would give up playing pretty quickly.

instead they just punish us for exposing cheaters. and they put cheater defenders in their SPCT programs and tournaments.

"aim assistent (nickname based pixel-aimbot)" has been actively working for 7-8 years (including older versions, it works, there is only the risk of getting BAN), don't expect anything from the organization that can't solve a simple pixel cheat anymore. when server rents cannot be met, pc servers will close like consoles.

PUBG is a piss poor example. On average I spot 2 cheaters per match when looking at the replay. I get multiple temp ban notifications each time I sign in. Rarely do I see permanent bans. There's also plenty of cases of streamers getting temp banned for mass reports.

On 2/27/2024 at 12:18 PM, BlatMan said:

PUBG is a piss poor example. On average I spot 2 cheaters per match when looking at the replay. I get multiple temp ban notifications each time I sign in. Rarely do I see permanent bans. There's also plenty of cases of streamers getting temp banned for mass reports.

PUBG has how many more ppl playing then APB does? tens of thousands more? Ofc there will be more cheaters there are more ppl playing. But unlike APB PUBG actually tries to do something about removing cheaters where in APB LO couldnt care less. There are more cheaters in APB then legit players and its one of the biggest reasons ppl stopped playing. @MattScott could easily change this and crack the whip but he turns a blind eye to it as do the Gms.

3 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

PUBG has how many more ppl playing then APB does? tens of thousands more? Ofc there will be more cheaters there are more ppl playing. But unlike APB PUBG actually tries to do something about removing cheaters where in APB LO couldnt care less. There are more cheaters in APB then legit players and its one of the biggest reasons ppl stopped playing. @MattScott could easily change this and crack the whip but he turns a blind eye to it as do the Gms.

PUBG doesn't do much more. You can click "No" on the Wellbia anti-cheat installer and PUBG runs without issues. The devs refuse to block high latency players, or even attempt to block VPNs. According to Battleye, 99% of the banned accounts are from China. That means those few permanent ban messages I get are only the 1%. Those are just blatant cheaters. I tried playing on the Asian servers. There were at least 2 squads blatantly cheating, like camping a tall hill and head shotting everyone in line of site 500+ meters away. At least they can't punch people out of the plane anymore.

Honestly, I think it's going to come down to someone who loves this game to spend some of their free time as an in-game admin without pay but maybe some account benefits. This would have to be a VERYYY transparent player who even streams so that other players can offer their opinions. People would either be ousted if need-be or rightfully defended if the right scenario arises... I'm sure EAC gathers the data it needs but between the game having a low player-base and the game being a free-2-play game, they would lose money if this combination of things didn't happen. The transparency would potentially increase the player-count while some of these players inevitably start buying some real-cash items which would need to happen for the small dev team to continue down a better path where they can act on the data that EAC gathers and then out-right ban the players that need it, and those harassment claims that get players mass reported and falsely banned could be defended if need-be by the admin that's streaming and the viewers acting as a type of jury.

I know there's plenty of people that love this game and would potentially do this but it has happened in the past and when it did it was a very horrible time due to the lack of transparency.

1 hour ago, OvenBaby said:

that get players mass reported and falsely banned

No one gets banned because of reports alone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OvenBaby said:

mass reported and falsely banned

I am proof that does not happen, most all of the sweaties hate me, either because I hacusate or i don't hack.

I don't run any questionable programs, so there is nothing for EAC to detect. 

This was a thing back in the FF days but not anymore.

Occasionally we have had spammers come in, and players calling out for everyone to report the offender.

When this happens it is generally a GM that comes in and Silences the offender, but doesn't ban them. 

GM's can't ban U alone, they would report the issue up the chain of command, as an 'In-House' report.

not the same type of report a player can make.

The only way to avoid suspicion of a Player/GM is to not hire a Player.

Now I don't have any suspicions of our GM's, but if there is any Merit to what you have said;

The only way to do this is to Hire a Non-Player, with real Money. 

Someone with good knowledge of gaming and hacking but having never played APB.

Such a person would have zero motive to false ban or harass, they would have no friends that 

played, they would get no player benefits. 

Yes, please! Release names too! I do miss to login on sites like FFbans as Ante Pav... and "politely" comment about banned cheaters..  I mean, to read interesting convos and explanations about their bans. On a serious note, Dota shows ban stats on (not so) regular basis too, and I can receive notifications about banned people I reported without revealing names.

3 hours ago, GoPlayUWO said:

Yes, please! Release names too! I do miss to login on sites like FFbans

LO answer:

Yes, Keep dreaming I am doing something more for this gamee0afad38736d97626c5aae175d27ea2f71e9cb20

I think there should be a website that lists out the recent bans in order, displaying the character name, server, rank, and date. We could even let people comment on them. Maybe call it something like eacbans dot org?

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 9:55 AM, UndeadSnack said:

I think there should be a website that lists out the recent bans in order, displaying the character name, server, rank, and date. We could even let people comment on them. Maybe call it something like eacbans dot org?

We dont need to see player names as to who got banned. But certainly LO can do better in proving to us that they actually care and are actively trying to clean up the game.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 11:52 AM, Darkzero3802 said:

We dont need to see player names as to who got banned. But certainly LO can do better in proving to us that they actually care and are actively trying to clean up the game.

nah, if we are doing ban lists I want to see EVERYTHING.

i want all their characters/accounts that have been linked to it.

makes me feel good about myself