MattScott

APB Reloaded Console Sunset

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

This is an active conversation internally, and it's something I want to do. We just haven't come up with what the reward will be yet. Stay tuned.

Give all console characters a voucher that can be turned in at Anne for a single legendary of choice (skips the chance mechanic, just outright pays out the full permanent legendary).

Or if that's too much effort to implement, give them all an FFA 5.56 R&D III. It's the single most desirable legendary in the game, and would be the perfect payout for the console peeps. Even if an individual player doesn't personally like the gun, due to its value they could easily trade it for another legendary of their choice (or multiple legendaries, depending).

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Give all console characters a voucher that can be turned in at Anne for a single legendary of choice (skips the chance mechanic, just outright pays out the full permanent legendary).

Or if that's too much effort to implement, give them all an FFA 5.56 R&D III. It's the single most desirable legendary in the game, and would be the perfect payout for the console peeps. Even if an individual player doesn't personally like the gun, due to its value they could easily trade it for another legendary of their choice (or multiple legendaries, depending).

No. 

My suggestion would be giving them a unique 3-slot gun (I would do the N-TEC) variant with its own skin, named something like a Joker CR2-XB & CR2-PS. It'd work similar to promos other games do - taking Warframe as an example, where players who logged in on Xbox got rewarded the skin below. I assume making two skins for one gun wouldn't be too difficult of a task. Plain-ish black and white or whatever with some sort of glowing green/blue design elements, doesn't need to be over the top.
Licensing shouldn't be an issue with copyright-friendly designs and naming.

But if you want me to be blunt, I don't think LO has any obligation to give anything to console players beyond account migration. It's G1's mess. /shrug

ab8336f06b6a15f78319a465ddbcc5bc.jpg

Edited by Kiida

5 hours ago, Kiida said:

But if you want me to be blunt, I don't think LO has any obligation to give anything to console players beyond account migration.

So you have zero capacity for empathy with other people. Good to know that you're a trashy person.

5 hours ago, Kiida said:

It's G1's mess. /shrug

It became LO's mess when they bought the game. Literal basic common sense.

Edited by Hexerin

36 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Literal basic common sense.

because your suggestions totally have this

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It became LO's mess when they bought the game. Literal basic common sense.

Not to forget the amount of promises that happened along that process, saying that they'll make changes over there and we didn't really hear from them for like 5 years when it comes down to evidence for an update, like there was this clip on their X/Twitter page showing a PS4 Devkit playing APB, but that was it.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

So you have zero capacity for empathy with other people. Good to know that you're a trashy person.

I mean most people from PC when it comes down to talking about Console they will always bring up "Console shouldn't have ever existed" or whatever, without them ever experiencing how fun it was during the time when Voice Chat was around even with how the game ran just because it wasn't properly optimized to work since it was also downloaded on a hard drive. Or when everyone was starting from the beginning and learning how to play while having fun meeting new friends or even giving the console version a chance because boohoo PC Master race. Communication is what Consoles had but was absent on PC since when you first log in over there you're just thrown in a place where it's a bit harder to interact with players, you just don't see people talking in the district chat since they use Discord instead. All this making it harder for yourself to get friends or an experience that would make you want to stay playing the game. 

Compensation would be nice and I certainly won’t mind if consoles players get some. However, if I were them I’d just be grateful to not have lost everything when consoles shut down. 

• Like 3

For the record, I completely own the situation with console. I feel bad about it. I've been talking about console upgrades for years. I was excited to show PS4 running day/night when I posted that video on Twitter.

When we got involved with APB, it was a simple plan:

- Remove Joker Mystery Boxes and make Legendaries accessible through Joker Tickets

- Finish APB 2.1 with upgraded lighting, 64-bit compatibility and better performance

- Upgrade the anti-cheat

- Finish the Battle Royal mode that would add some spice to the game

- Add 2 new contacts, new clothing, new guns, and a new car

- Upgrade console once we had PC merged onto the console code base

Unfortunately nearly every part of that plan was all flawed. And it took us more than 3 years of wasted dev time to realize that.

These are painful lessons as a CEO. It wasn't for a lack of trying.

20 months ago, we threw away most of that plan because it wasn't working. We started over from the APB 1.20 code base. Unfortunately the current situation with console was the casualty of having to start over.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

11 minutes ago, MattScott said:

For the record, I completely own the situation with console. I feel bad about it. I've been talking about console upgrades for years. I was excited to show PS4 running day/night when I posted that video on Twitter.

- Remove Joker Mystery Boxes and make Legendaries accessible through Joker Tickets

- Finish APB 2.1 with upgraded lighting, 64-bit compatibility and better performance

- Upgrade the anti-cheat

Unfortunately nearly every part of that plan was all flawed. And it took us more than 3 years of wasted dev time to realize that.

20 months ago, we threw away most of that plan because it wasn't working. We started over from the APB 1.20 code base. Unfortunately the current situation with console was the casualty of having to start over.

Thanks,
Matt

I wish live version of APB would run as smooth as OTW during last Matchmaking tests 🥲

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MattScott said:

- Upgrade the anti-cheat

Thanks,
Matt

now time to do the right thing and just make an exit ie shut the entire thing down, along with your company since you can't even be faithful to a single game lol, i heard STFU keeps getting delayed ayy lmao

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjarrrr said:

now time to do the right thing and just make an exit ie shut the entire thing down, along with your company since you can't even be faithful to a single game lol, i heard STFU keeps getting delayed ayy lmao

Friend have you really nothing better to do?

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Friend have you really nothing better to do?

says the one who just turns up on the forum to churn out the most minimal effort posts ever

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

- Upgrade the anti-cheat

Thanks,
Matt

Thats the fun part of working. every thing you plan can and will go wrong then everyone acts like your the one who is souly responsible for it

On 1/17/2024 at 12:37 AM, MattScott said:

We are allowing players to move their characters to PC.
The migration page is already up for XBOX (although I think it's having some issues, so you may want to wait for a day or two).
You can check out the guide here: https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2024/1/2/xbox-console-2024

The Playstation 4 migration page will be up on February 4th.

I know unspent G1C, weapons, clothing, and other items will transfer over. Not sure about JTs.

They transferred over.

I would say a best thing is since every console players spent money give them loyalty rewards behind it. Or atleast a special Xbox or Playstation skin to show loyalty.

Merged.

On 1/21/2024 at 9:08 PM, cowhorseman said:

Thats the fun part of working. every thing you plan can and will go wrong then everyone acts like your the one who is souly responsible for it

On 1/21/2024 at 3:09 PM, MattScott said:

- Upgrade the anti-cheat

Thanks,
Matt

I wanna say. It takes a damn man like you to own up to that shit. I love how open you are with the progress. I did find it weird when the twitter acc didnt directly answer when a console update would happen. However I thank you for being open with us and being vocal. Some day console can make a return. If not? Than it is what it is. 

Thank you matt. Keep going and keep doing the best you can. I like it when you the CEO can be vocal and speak to the players. 

• Like 2

On 1/16/2024 at 3:48 PM, ArtDeco said:

Might I suggest you also compensate every account on the console version with a free account bound unsilenced Oca-Nano as a sweetener?

I'm not a console player but that idea doesn't sound so bad to me.

They should gift them titles "Xbox Trailblazer" "PS4 Trailblazer"

6 hours ago, MidnightQ said:

They should gift them titles "Xbox Trailblazer" "PS4 Trailblazer"

We already have PS4 Founder titles on consoles, I assume the same with Xbox, maybe made them Account wise not character wise after a merge, and there's still question about duplicate nicknames after merge

34 minutes ago, Yukate said:

We already have PS4 Founder titles on consoles, I assume the same with Xbox, maybe made them Account wise not character wise after a merge, and there's still question about duplicate nicknames after merge

as I understand it, you will need to change your name after migrating

- Upgrade the anti-cheat

Thanks,
Matt

These aren't things that you will see your average game company CEO say, props for the honesty Matt

Take note guys, because this is words you get from a CEO with good intentions, APB has been misshandled since it's creation, and so far Matt is the only CEO with the guts to communicate the good and the bad, LO could ditch APB at any point, but it's pretty clear they're gonna keep trying, and be thankful for that.

• Like 2

- Upgrade the anti-cheat

Thanks,
Matt

What about "force" a little people to play fight clubs and make contacts here 15/20/25Lv+ progressive contracts? They could unlock new clothes or even preset ones, more weapons (even if you sacrifice 1 or 2 armas weapons with unique way of pre-modding - read, most of the time just poorly) to unlock through progression, titles, maybe skin, equipment slots and outfit slots and I guess that'll be a good move to utilize last locked slots with almost no effort 🥲

On 1/18/2024 at 5:51 PM, MattScott said:

I've seen the couple of requests for controller support. I'm adding that to our "todo" list. I know it will help console players who are transitioning, and it will make the eventual port of 1.30 back to console easier.

Please whatever you do don't bring aim assist to controller on pc. Controller players having humanly impossible perfect reactive tracking aim is already completely ruining games on pc like cod and apex, forcing serious competitive players to switch to controller...

• Like 1

console players should get the loyalty rewards with the g1c they spent

On 1/17/2024 at 1:57 AM, MattScott said:

Hello Matt. Stop driving on three wheels, and hope for something. If you continue in the same style, you will end up at the bottom of a ravine.

On 1/26/2024 at 5:38 AM, Senodus said:

Please whatever you do don't bring aim assist to controller on pc. Controller players having humanly impossible perfect reactive tracking aim is already completely ruining games on pc like cod and apex, forcing serious competitive players to switch to controller...

you realise the majority of pc players already have aim assist lol

Aka, cutting budget on the game, and APB on pc is on life support now.

Edited by Ebola-Chan

not getting migration page after logging into ps4 account, or any option to go to it.