Sign in to follow this  
DouglasFalcon

The real priorities are others, but...

Ngl despite knowing (and agreeing with) the fact that there are far bigger priorities for the game, like implementing fixing matchmaking or the anticheat system overhaul, the only thing my mind wants is a meta shift. I'm crazy, right?

Don't get me wrong tho I don't think anything atm should be nerfed, LO has done a fairly good job at removing the cancerous stuff out of the game, I just want to see a viability bump to some less relevant weapons in order to have more choice of weapons to pick and have a real shot at winning with, instead of having to 101% outplay Mr. Goodstuff9000 every single mission I get just because I don't like using most of the current top of the meta weapons 😞

Aside from that some weapons definetely MUST be buffed, like they're a total scam at their current state (Norsemen and IRS series in particular lmao). I know that not every weapon is supposed to be viable and I don't want that, I'd just like to have less "distance" between the best and the worst weapon so that if you're a decent player you'll almost always have a shot at winning a mission.

I think that despite this being a low priority matter it still shouldn't be overlooked because one of the strenghts of APB imo is how many different weapons are in the game, but the current meta state encourages "safe" picks that are kinda repetitive and increase this feeling of staleness that's eating the what's left of the playerbase.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels that way lol I don't wanna be an APB hipster

I agree with you. Meta weapons are not fun to play with. These guns are forgiving and make the game as flat as a table.
I can understand a beginner using this weapon.
But when these guns are used by veterans, it looks mean and contemptuous.

Once upon a time, meta weapons were periodically replaced.

The Thomson machine gun, the Colby shotgun, the OCA, the long-range STAR have gone through this.

Ursus has been on the throne for too long.

I also consider the technique of rapid fire from a pistol and a long-range rifle to be a bagoyuz. This is killing the game.

I also think that the administration is making a mistake by supporting all sorts of macros. For example, running without holding down a key.

There is no such thing as a perfect game, especially when it comes to free-to-play.

3 hours ago, Yapopal said:

For example, running without holding down a key.

Ya that is Wrong in My book. I tried that config download they have on the page, 

Nothing happened, it dint load up. I got a File.

Suppose thats my bad, but Everyone should have the same cofig, as in the standard download.

Nerf's- They have butchered the guns, stomped them down to the point 

that throwing the gun at the player is better.

Devs dont seem to know much about fire arms, your spray patterns are so off 

and wide, all the ttk crap stk ect. 

I drill U with an auto 9mm/oca im gonna put a group or pattern no larger than 5 inches

into your center mass at a range of say 15meters, now let say they out at 25 meter.

Well i might miss em, but my group will still be a 5-8 inch group or pattern. 

Not 6 feet in a circle, I do you with a shotgun, point blank, your not getting back up.

n its not gonna take 6-7 rounds from a Magnum or .45 to kill ya.

Vehicles,  car dont just blow up if you shoot em, generally after a few hundred rounds

they might start burning, but this is from friction and heat of the bullets.

gas may leak out hit and 'erupt in flame, but not blow up like some truck bomb, 

Unless its a Tesla, even a real nerf gun sponge bullet will take out a tesla.

Then lets talk about your hip hoppity and crouch popping. 

People using macro to hop or crouch popping is so unrealistic, humanly impossible 

with the weight of the rifle, then lets mention these punks that get out the car before it stops.

Ya maybe at 5 mph but you get out at 20-30mph, you gonna fall on your tea kettle, then u gonna roll 

n flip over a few times n have some road rash.

My 2 cents  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If not the free to play ones, what guns would you like to be the meta?

You bring up an interesting point!
Because you see, there's plenty of non F2P weapons that are either not really meta viable (ALIG, NFAS, any secondary that's not ACT or FBW) and/or you gotta stick with preset weapons that most of the time offer you a dampened down version of what makes that weapon meta. DMR not running HS at all or MP3 CJ3 OCA are good examples of that.

All I'm saying in my post is that everyone, f2p people included, should be able to have a decent shot at winning no matter the weapon they've chosen! It's understandable that not buying weapons leaves you with less choice and/or more time to spend on the game in order to get what you want, after all the company must drive some money to their wallets one way or the other. But giving some love to weapons that are non-meta relevant doesn't mean replacing NTEC OBIR and OCA/PMG from their roles, it only means giving people what like the game enough to spend money on it to get rewarded with something that feels different from what anyone can get. Not better, different.

(Also, I'd argue the current meta kinda doesn't care about the f2p aspect of the game given how many legendaries or retail weapons like Ursus or Scout tend to take the top spot over NTEC or most snipers but honestly I don't need this argument to prove my point!)

it’s frustrating because it feels like little orbit has given up on weapon balance when it’s something that could be done right now to hold onto player engagement until the big issues are tackled

there’s been dozens of detailed total weapon balance suggestions submitted by decent players, just pick one and spend an hour per week copy pasting stat values - there doesn’t seem to be a clear vision for combat at orbit, so yoink someone else’s, experiment now so that when (if) players come back for the big fixes the core gameplay feels different enough for them to stay

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glaciers said:

it’s frustrating because it feels like little orbit has given up on weapon balance when it’s something that could be done right now to hold onto player engagement until the big issues are tackled

there’s been dozens of detailed total weapon balance suggestions submitted by decent players, just pick one and spend an hour per week copy pasting stat values - there doesn’t seem to be a clear vision for combat at orbit, so yoink someone else’s, experiment now so that when (if) players come back for the big fixes the core gameplay feels different enough for them to stay

I think its best they finish making the game before balancing weapons

6 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

finish making the game

they have no game till they remove the hackers, or at least make an attempt to do so

3 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

they have no game till they remove the hackers, or at least make an attempt to do so

Stop calling them hackers, they're not "hacking" the game. I played all day yesterday for the first time in 3 years. No cheaters.

Why can people never just admit it's a skill issue? Such ego in this garbage game. I use an Ursus and he complains, so I switch to a shotgun and he blames his team. There's always some excuse.

Just be better.

4 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

Stop calling them hackers

Stop telling Me to Stop calling them Hackers!

There Are Hackers n I'll call them what ever I want.

59 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Stop telling Me to Stop calling them Hackers!

There Are Hackers n I'll call them what ever I want.

Typical. Cherry pick 4 words out of every post and then avert your gaze to the rest.

You're pathetic.

Yeah weapon balance is the worst it's ever been. Most weapons feel overnerfed and we have to pick most usable out of the bunch. I still love how they nerfed Act44 and Rsa when no one asked for it and everyone just switched to .45 ap as it can challenge those guns at their "intended" range. No point to use a heavy pistol anymore...

9 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

You're pathetic.

No You're pathetic, the thread is about gun nerfing, and other fixes they need to do.

You wanna 'Cherry Pick' one word n ignore the context of the convo.

Its about what should LO do first or should prioritize. 

Its not about, If there are hackers nor what we should call them.

Its about priority. 

I see no reason to do any fixes or nerfs or anything until anti cheat is installed 

and hacks are removed, and or there is a diligent effort by LO to ban hackers.

Any gun a hacker uses is gonna turn Meta for that hack, and then people will complain

such n such gun is way too OP, any fix they make to the mechanics could be jinked by hackers

altering code files.

You went thru this whole thread n dont have shit to say but to bash me n try to 

deflect the convo into a Hax or Hax Not, n try to throw in that skill hog wash.

Must be the Motto on the Hack selling page/site

Just tell em they're bad n its all skilled Bro's in there.

Whats the problem Bro, U scared they might ban some friends?

Are You under some Dream Fantasy that games dont get hacked?

I really don't get u kids coming in n saying 'No One Hacks'

Are Ya'all afraid people are misconstruing your vast advanced,

Star on the Walk of Fame' Skills, with hackers.

Well then you should have my back, you should be wanting an anticheat as much as me,

so once a ban wave crashes down, then you can run around whooping them n calling ez n then

no one could say you were a hack, and you could then wallow in your 'skill pride'. 

We can't judge weapon balance with the current state of the servers. It doesn't matter what the weapon's stats are when only 1/5 of your hits register.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlatMan said:

when only 1/5 of your hits register.

Either you're playing on extremely high ping or are mistaking poor aim/tracking for bad hitreg. While I won't deny its not flawless its definitely far from what you're describing.

7 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

No You're pathetic, the thread is about gun nerfing, and other fixes they need to do.

You wanna 'Cherry Pick' one word n ignore the context of the convo.

The irony being you brought up cheaters first, which I responded to, but ok. Nice head canon ig? You've been acting like this here for years, it's kinda creepy.

Doesn't change the fact I played all day and didn't encounter a single cheater... Toxic gaybashing on the other hand--yikes!

2 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

The irony being you brought up cheaters first, which I responded to, but ok.

Yes but in Context to the previous convo in thread.

Either way There are hackers, you just don't have the 'Skills' to spot em

I suppose U came in n stood around double b's or Hacker Gas station, 

rambled in chat about how u hadnt played in 3 years, then made racey round 

in your vegas attempting the DRIFT, while engaging in F-boy chat foolery.

In the end your opinion and mine do not effect the decision LO made to 

install anticheat, as it is On the Way, and has been marked as first priority.

Now maybe LO is doing it in response to the many requests for it and 

people like you and me expressing opinions in forum. 

The decision was made so its not like they are doing it just cuz Mack said.

On 4/15/2023 at 11:52 AM, Frosi said:

Either you're playing on extremely high ping or are mistaking poor aim/tracking for bad hitreg. While I won't deny its not flawless its definitely far from what you're describing.

Fyi support reached out to me a few days ago so it's being looked into.

It's not poor aim. Most players seem to have issues with US West, but I've experienced issues with US East as well. Best way to tell if there's going to be issues is to run /latencytest and check the district_server latency. The normal values for me are 33ms for US East, and 99ms for US West. If those values are higher, the server will have hit registration problems. Running traceroute to the server's IP doesn't show any issues. The latency for the server's IP is within +-5ms. If the issue was on my end, it would show up on all servers, not just a few.

13 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

Fyi support reached out to me a few days ago so it's being looked into.

It's not poor aim. Most players seem to have issues with US West, but I've experienced issues with US East as well. Best way to tell if there's going to be issues is to run /latencytest and check the district_server latency. The normal values for me are 33ms for US East, and 99ms for US West. If those values are higher, the server will have hit registration problems. Running traceroute to the server's IP doesn't show any issues. The latency for the server's IP is within +-5ms. If the issue was on my end, it would show up on all servers, not just a few.

you do know that the servers are modifed toasters with the last brand new spanking hardware of 2010 from the great manufacture of them all. china

16 minutes ago, cowhorseman said:

you do know that the servers are modifed toasters with the last brand new spanking hardware of 2010 from the great manufacture of them all. china

If it was the servers themselves the problem should be consistent among them all, not just a few.

On 4/16/2023 at 3:52 AM, Frosi said:

the game doesn't even kick people who are literally teleporting due to lag or literal hacks, cry bout it

On 4/15/2023 at 10:46 PM, EvaPooh said:

The irony being you brought up cheaters first, which I responded to, but ok. Nice head canon ig? You've been acting like this here for years, it's kinda creepy.

Doesn't change the fact I played all day and didn't encounter a single cheater... Toxic gaybashing on the other hand--yikes!

What high skill are talking about? lmao

APB it's just a average and old fps game,  after 200/350 hrs and decent PC and good latency, it's more than enough for learning mechanics, weapons, missions location in 2 old and small freaking maps etc

It's not a game where you have a character and you have to manage 15+ skills, timings, buff/ debuff and multiple equipments for pve/ pvp or skills performance... 

What it's toxic it's APB situation, the game is pratically un-changed and there are cheaters playing with the same multiple characters, wih the inventories full of JK/armas weapons  and still un-banned despite 5+ years of cheating and top cake posting youtube videos with players and youtuber reactions in streaming.

You reaction has no sense, it's like telling the fact it doesnt exist the hunger in the world because I dont see childrean starving to death during my walk after sunday lunch, but that it doesnt mean there arent somewhere.

On 4/15/2023 at 11:45 AM, Weaboos said:

Yeah weapon balance is the worst it's ever been. Most weapons feel overnerfed and we have to pick most usable out of the bunch. I still love how they nerfed Act44 and Rsa when no one asked for it and everyone just switched to .45 ap as it can challenge those guns at their "intended" range. No point to use a heavy pistol anymore...

Based.. same speech for last weapon change patch about shotguns.. fairly balanced for then making a 3 shot weapon 30-50% of time

2 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

What high skill are talking about? lmao

APB it's just a average and old fps game,  after 200/350 hrs and decent PC and good latency, it's more than enough for learning mechanics, weapons, missions location in 2 old and small freaking maps etc

It's not a game where you have a character and you have to manage 15+ skills, timings, buff/ debuff and multiple equipments for pve/ pvp or skills performance... 

Wait, I have no idea what you're talking about; I never mentioned "high skill", lmao. I said people have a habit of blaming everything else before they look inward.

And no, it's not. This game is horrendously unintuitive. I've played thousands of hours and I wasn't even sure how to unlock Concussion grenades on my new 2nd criminal character. Also for the record, according to Activision, the average Call of Duty user invests 170 hours into the game every year... Player retention has always been an issue, cause this game is deceptively complex--whether you can see that or not.

2 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

What it's toxic it's APB situation, the game is pratically un-changed and there are cheaters playing with the same multiple characters, wih the inventories full of JK/armas weapons  and still un-banned despite 5+ years of cheating and top cake posting youtube videos with players and youtuber reactions in streaming.

You reaction has no sense, it's like telling the fact it doesnt exist the hunger in the world because I dont see childrean starving to death during my walk after sunday lunch, but that it doesnt mean there arent somewhere.

Again, I've been playing off-and-on for like, a decade now.. I've never dipped below gold. No clue where I am on the "gold scale" (see my thread about why this is a problem), but if I had my old clan on we could beat other clans like NULLSEC, Sovereign, etc. if we fought well.

So I'm going to say it one last time:

In my own personal opinion, this community has a tendency to label someone a cheater and then mercilessly harass them about it, but most of the time? They're just flat out better.
The truth isn't always pleasant to hear, especially in APB (which is almost synonymous with egomania) so people cope in their own ways and insinuate things that are simply untrue. It's a defense mechanism. The brain is remarkably adept at insulating itself from trauma; both real and imagined.