NotTheEnforcer

For anyone who thinks the rank/threat/district system isn't broken...

55 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

what exactly is the issue with this screenshot?

3 high rank silvers and some other silvers vs 3 other high rank silvers and some other other silvers seems fair to me

The problem is that a bunch of high ranks, who were undoubtedly intentional dethreaters, were allowed to play on Bronze. As is common sense, Bronze servers are where most new players start, besides Green servers. My issue isn't necessarily with the mission or the specific players, more of the fact that theyre allowed in a low-threat server. A rank restriction or some form of restriction should be put in place to separate the high-ranks from the low-ranks.

All these toxic dumbasses saying "git gud" obviously missed the point of the post. Hence why theyre toxic, and dumb.

Just now, NotTheEnforcer said:

The problem is that a bunch of high ranks, who were undoubtedly intentional dethreaters

Judging by that scoreboard, I think they are just bad players who havent quit playing tbh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

The problem is that a bunch of high ranks, who were undoubtedly intentional dethreaters, were allowed to play on Bronze. As is common sense, Bronze servers are where most new players start, besides Green servers. My issue isn't necessarily with the mission or the specific players, more of the fact that theyre allowed in a low-threat server. A rank restriction or some form of restriction should be put in place to separate the high-ranks from the low-ranks.

All these toxic dumbasses saying "git gud" obviously missed the point of the post. Hence why theyre toxic, and dumb.

i guess?

rank isnt related to threat tho, so is the title of this thread wrong lol

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Judging by that scoreboard, I think they are just bad players who havent quit playing tbh.

I don't have an end-mission screenshot, but the mission started getting much more intense towards the very end. The package was switching between both teams several times in a period of half a minute and people were racking kills left and right. Bad timing for this specific screenshot, I guess.

Just now, NotTheEnforcer said:

I don't have an end-mission screenshot, but the mission started getting much more intense towards the very end. The package was switching between both teams several times in a period of half a minute and people were racking kills left and right. Bad timing for this specific screenshot, I guess.

that sounds like a balanced mission to me

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Well if you ever find people dethreating, just record it and send link to support.

They'll look into it and Lixil mentioned they may give temp bans for dethreating. 

Edited by CookiePuss

Just now, BXNNXD said:

that sounds like a balanced mission to me

Mainly because the majority of us were relatively high ranks. The issue isn't with the players or the mission in the screenshot. The issue is with the high rank players being in a Bronze district. The higher the rank, the more experience they have playing the game. High and low ranks should be separated. For accounts with multiple characters, the highest ranking character should be used for balancing, so an experienced player cant just join a Bronze server and seal-club everyone else.

6 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Mainly because the majority of us were relatively high ranks. The issue isn't with the players or the mission in the screenshot. The issue is with the high rank players being in a Bronze district. The higher the rank, the more experience they have playing the game. High and low ranks should be separated. For accounts with multiple characters, the highest ranking character should be used for balancing, so an experienced player cant just join a Bronze server and seal-club everyone else.

i mean if they suck they suck, and thats why theyre silver at r255 

the alternative is forcing them to be crushed by even average golds for the rest of their gametime, which is why rank is separate from threat

2 hours ago, Zalman18 said:

not only the thread system, the spawn system too i mean enemy spawn 50 meters or less  from you given you less time to do the objective

coming back to the picture  i haven't seen a long list like that in awhile 

anybody notice this guy name <ChingaTuMadres> is that even allowed in names lol?

I have seen worse trust me...

1 hour ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Meh i played against some high rank players that weren't even that good. 

1 hour ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Rank is just an indicator of ordered progression through the game's content, the same way levels in MMORPGs indicate ordered progression through the game's content. They don't and can't indicate player capability, that's just the fact of the matter.

Real gold threat players are not in the bronze district.  The "gold" threat players in the bronze district are at best, high silver.

These guys are either high silver to bronze against actual gold threat players which is whey they go to the bronze district when they are silver threat.

Real gold threat players stay gold and are restricted to the gold and silver districts.

There are some players who intentionally throw game after game to dethreat, but I have not run across many, maybe 1 in 20 players at the most.

The issue with the current threat system and district segregation is the result of a competitive game with around 200-300 active players split up among 6-8 districts.  The number of active players can be as low as 20 or less late at night.

To be blunt, there is no real way to fix the situation until the population grows.  Without a large enough pool of players, there will always be an issue of people of high skill being placed against players of low skill.

22 minutes ago, illgot said:

To be blunt, there is no real way to fix the situation until the population grows.  Without a large enough pool of players, there will always be an issue of people of high skill being placed against players of low skill.

I think that in the short term, districts should be open conflict, allowing all skill levels to play with each other, and hide threats until end of mission like what CounterStrike does. You don't know yours or your opponents ranks until after the match where you can fuzzy bunny about it. But bitching mid mission that you happened to get paired against someone a bit better is juvenile.

Not to mention, the OP himself had said in the last minute the mission was back and forth. That sounds pretty perfectly balanced, no matter which side won.

Hmm honestly whats in the picture and what you described seem pretty normal for a bronze district id imagine. Also competitive golds typically do not really use explosive weapons as they are too situational or considered lame.

Edited by Raichu

15 minutes ago, Happymrsnowman said:

I think that in the short term, districts should be open conflict

No.

Just... no.

Doesn't the tutorial go over what threat and rank are. Like how they are different and stuff?

"Show recommended" tab in advanced must stay checked by default and with open conflict available i dont see problem with matchmaking.New players (T) and green play in greens and the rest in theyr threat districts and if some1 is not happy can play in open conflict.The problem is dat theres not enough people in da game right now and without new content i dont see how they gonna come.In nekrova and han are not many.If they add this 2 contacts may bring a lot of players

Edited by BingoBookBG

1 minute ago, BingoBookBG said:

The problem is dat theres not enough people in da game right now and without new content i dont see how they gonna come.

There's plenty of people in the game right now.

It's just a low gold can easily drop into silver and start stomping the bronze district as what's essentially a gold player (Tagged as Silver since their elo is too low) is vsing Bronze and *actual* silver players.
The MM issue is because players try and exploit it (And to be honest it's not that hard).

I personally am happy to play the game as is, I just agree MM needs some improvements. 

People who are fake golds(like me )drop to silver after couple of matches against true golds.I remember like 5 years ago when G1 decide to lock golds only to gold dist. and then some players start to suicide and not play.But theres little detail-back then open conflict did not exist.They add it later.Also LO can make if player suicide or teamkill lets say more than 3 times in short period - kick from server and if continue - ban for some hours(or permanent)There are things that can be done

9 hours ago, Happymrsnowman said:

I think that in the short term, districts should be open conflict, allowing all skill levels to play with each other, and hide threats until end of mission like what CounterStrike does. You don't know yours or your opponents ranks until after the match where you can fuzzy bunny about it. But bitching mid mission that you happened to get paired against someone a bit better is juvenile.

Not to mention, the OP himself had said in the last minute the mission was back and forth. That sounds pretty perfectly balanced, no matter which side won.

You forget that CS does matchmake though. That would be like letting Silvers and Globals play against each other.

Silvers and Bronze think it's bad to get stomped by lousy dethreaters now (while valid complaint) and think OC is the solution? They will meet hell should this stupid idea ever be implemented because then all golds from average, decent to top will rain down on them. When you're at the bottom of the foodchain how does opening it up aid the situation - where is the logic?

Edited by TheJellyGoo

I feel as if we all should be gold like everyone, because it's so easy to get. I honestly believe unless you just solo all the time (because communicators issues) or you literally just started the game you should be in those ranks. 

Having said that I wish people would use the none ranked channels that should be for casual play (with lesser rewards) and use the regular channels for ranked play. In ranked play each mission will end in either kill push bar or three point hold because let's face it some missions are better positioned then others. Buuuuuuut we may not have the player base for what I want to happen 😞 because yea we will have more people that don't care about rank than others but i wonder how much more...hmm

Edited by Fruitini
I came to a realization

5 minutes ago, Fruitini said:

I feel as if we all should be gold like everyone, because it's so easy to get. I honestly believe unless you just solo all the time (because communicators issues) or you literally just started the game you should be in those ranks. 

Having said that I wish people would use the none ranked channels that should be for casual play (with lesser rewards) and use the regular channels for ranked play. In ranked play each mission will end in either kill push bar or three point hold because let's face it some missions are better positioned then others. 

Because apb is not competitive. And again separating the population of a small game will kill it. How would you even try to enforce that only the try-hards are in your special "channel" that gets better rewards?

8 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Because apb is not competitive. And again separating the population of a small game will kill it. How would you even try to enforce that only the try-hards are in your special "channel" that gets better rewards?

I never called them "try hards" and you should read me other statement after my edit but if you have any better ideas by all means share. This only works assuming people care about threat and their status. I realize people only wanna face like skilled players and this may be extremely hard to do because the playing field is just so large and the gap is wide I'll need more time to think on a better alternative and get back to this post.

Edited by Fruitini

erm threat system isn't broken works as intended 

/thread

1 minute ago, Fruitini said:

I never called them "try hards" and you should read me other statement but if you have any better ideas by all means share. This only works assuming people care about threat and their status. I realize people only wanna face like skilled players and this may he extremely hard to do because the playing field is just so large and the gap is wide I'll need more time to think on a better alternative and get back to this post.

I called them try hards. Thought that was clear. Most people do not want like skilled players, that's why we have so much dethreating going on. easy mode solution is make threat more long term and less fluid. then we can do things like fix matchmaking.

1 hour ago, SelttikS said:

easy mode solution is make threat more long term and less fluid. then we can do things like fix matchmaking.

Right we need to determine how to judge someone's skill level in such a way they can't cheat the system by just tanking their stats and getting stuck in lower tiers. So my question is how would you determine someone's skill cap. Should not be based on time played in district, kills would be something but that can be overthrown from the bayland and towers districts.