NotTheEnforcer

For anyone who thinks the rank/threat/district system isn't broken...

On 6/26/2018 at 12:12 AM, killerskull said:

borked? How old are you?

On 6/26/2018 at 12:22 AM, BXNNXD said:

how old is he then lmao

He calls himself killerskull, the only thing that would make it more obvious would be an xXx in front and behind.

And yes, the system is broken and being reworked, or planned to be reworked. 

giphy-3-1517520236.gif?quality=.8&height

Edited by Hey!
Double post =/

15 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Oh absolutely. Im not saying the game isn't fun. Even with the glitches, old content, and cheaters, it's still one of my favorites games and I honestly think Im addicted to it. But, it could always be better. I hope they implement IP/HWID/Payment bans. I think Payment bans would be the most effective. It'd prevent users who manage to bypass the IP and HWID bans and reroll, to be unable to buy anything from Armas with the same Paypal/Card/purchase method. So any rerolls would be stuck ranking up without premium, without any early unlocks or access to high-quality weapons at a low rank.

True cheater accounts make a lot of in-game cash via their cheats and a consistent high score, buy mods, pass them to a new account, delete and rinse repeat until they actually have several million in-game, and most long-term cheaters are extraordinarily rich, some even having 200 million... and owning, across several accounts, several legendary guns... If you note the truly suspicious probable cheaters are on low reroll accounts and using legendary weapons. So this is a huge flaw in the game design where a person can cheat and succeed extraordinarily well... and then make irl cash by selling off those tradeable legendaries.  A lot of scams are associated with this wealth acquisition since cheater accounts really have no scruples and no loyalty or love for the game and playerbase.

I think LO needs to rethink the whole broken G1 system... One of the reasons people do things is because they can and the system itself is catering to those misdeeds.

njbvazdagav6wwdan70z.jpg

On 6/25/2018 at 5:54 PM, NotTheEnforcer said:

Is that really where you're gonna start your thoughts on this thread? By being negative? Honestly that's just sad.

Regardless, if you think the threat system isn't broken, then you haven't paid much attention to the game itself or it's community. Dethreating is bannable now under the new TOS, but there's no enforcement. Not to mention people can still dethreat without an issue and continue to cause hell on lower-threat servers.

No one around to enforce it? Mate, the TOS was JUST updated with that. One of the key things Matt Scott asked for initially is patience.

You can't expect things to happen right away just so they go in your favor.

8 hours ago, ninetenduh said:

He calls himself killerskull, the only thing that would make it more obvious would be an xXx in front and behind.

Ok big boy, calm down. The comment wasnt suppose to hurt you that much.

32 minutes ago, killerskull said:

Ok big boy, calm down. The comment wasnt suppose to hurt you that much.

You just proved his point yet again by calling him "big boy". Just stop digging your own hole, dude.

1 hour ago, Hey! said:

True cheater accounts make a lot of in-game cash via their cheats and a consistent high score, buy mods, pass them to a new account, delete and rinse repeat until they actually have several million in-game, and most long-term cheaters are extraordinarily rich, some even having 200 million... and owning, across several accounts, several legendary guns... If you note the truly suspicious probable cheaters are on low reroll accounts and using legendary weapons. So this is a huge flaw in the game design where a person can cheat and succeed extraordinarily well... and then make irl cash by selling off those tradeable legendaries.  A lot of scams are associated with this wealth acquisition since cheater accounts really have no scruples and no loyalty or love for the game and playerbase.

I think LO needs to rethink the whole broken G1 system... One of the reasons people do things is because they can and the system itself is catering to those misdeeds.

njbvazdagav6wwdan70z.jpg

Nothing like getting rich selling nanos for $10 a pop.

55 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

literally dozens of dollars

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Mass farmed accounts is where the real money is at. Sell it before it gets banned for cheating, easy money and sucks to be the buyer.

23 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

With say 200 million on one account, someone could buy what are volcanos, ursus, condors going for these days? 2.5 to 3 mill?  And what are Yukons going for? 4-5 mill?  So say with 200 mill one account could purchase like 50-60 top demand legendaries... Just one account... and these are selling on independent sites for $20-30 USD.  So just one account lowballing can make, say: $1300-1500 USD.  Not to mention what they make on straight up scamming weapons that cost them nothing, and then deleting the accounts after passing the weapons thru several new accounts.

It's not like "some random player" made some small change... but rather it's businesses which actually rake in millions a year exploiting like this on several game platforms. Sometimes these businesses simply make a small percentage from every sale... And sometimes they can't be prosecuted because they are in someplace like China.

And then there are the businesses which "sell" APB cash and you see players putting up a sock in market for like 3 million.  So it's a huge scam system and the poor design of APB allowed it, and the greed of G1's endless gambling boxes giving out free premium and legendaries to sometimes hackers, exploiters, credit card thieves, etc created a little side business for some disreputable types who never even put an actual dollar into the game, but parasitically sucked it dry. And this is what they call APB's "economy."

13 minutes ago, Hey! said:

With say 200 million on one account

How does cheating get you $200mil tho?

And for the time you put in, you'd make more money at McDonalds by like a LOT.

Edited by CookiePuss

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

How does cheating get you $200mil tho?

And for the time you put in, you'd make more money at McDonalds by like a LOT.

It's a for example. But generally speaking, 200 million is an unusual amount I've played for 6 yrs or so and I own 2 legendaries.  I know there's some people who got kinda lucky... but someone wealthy enough to own 60 legendaries is sketchy.  But that's just me.

Also, as for making more cash working at McDonald's, whats the point?  What do the DDoSers get out of borking the servers?  These are just examples of how people push the envelope to break the game's intention.  And so I addressed a variety of problems, like scammers, cheaters who move cash and legendaries thru several accounts and or game the system to make money by borking the game rather than playing fairly and investing in it... but for some people the denial runs deep.  Ok, np.  buy 60 legendaries and sell them from a third party company for irl cash. It's cool, making less cash than working at McDonald's... it's also a violation of the terms of service and hurts the game on so many levels... shame you can't see that.

8 minutes ago, Hey! said:

Also, as for making more cash working at McDonald's, whats the point?  What do the DDoSers get out of borking the servers?  These are just examples of how people push the envelope to break the game's intention.  And so I addressed a variety of problems, like scammers, cheaters who move cash and legendaries thru several accounts and or game the system to make money by borking the game rather than playing fairly and investing in it... but for some people the denial runs deep.  Ok, np.  buy 60 legendaries and sell them from a third party company for irl cash. It's cool, making less cash than working at McDonald's... it's also a violation of the terms of service and hurts the game on so many levels... shame you can't see that.

Im just saying, I dont think anyone is buying 60 legendaries by cheating. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Im just saying, I dont think anyone is buying 60 legendaries by cheating. 

I do.  Anyone can also check those socks and other worthless items on marketplace for sale for 2-3 million as a way people buy in-game cash for irl money.

48 minutes ago, Hey! said:

I do.  Anyone can also check those socks and other worthless items on marketplace for sale for 2-3 million as a way people buy in-game cash for irl money.

oh... yeah thats true. 

On other hand about threat district... remember times when G1 broken matchmaking so badly that you were becoming gold for losing matches?

Good times.

Edited by Mitne

It is a huge problem. As someone who can't play somewhere else than in bronze server ( silver servers are now filled with golds) (i have realy REALY low fps when playing the game, that's why i'm not even trying to go to silver districts) sometimes it's unplayable. You have max ranked or golds with legendaries just detroying you, and it's just frustating in the end.

It's totally broken so prolly yeah, I know what you're experiencing.

The list of fixes will eventually be addressed and fixed by LO in good time.

Remember that APB is not the only game you should be playing all day. Make sure to put other games in your day. It allows for a "healthier" gaming life mentally.

• Like 1

never gonna stop people from selling socks though

#socklife

2 hours ago, BartMcRoy said:

The list of fixes will eventually be addressed and fixed by LO in good time.

Remember that APB is not the only game you should be playing all day. Make sure to put other games in your day. It allows for a "healthier" gaming life mentally.

dont tell me how to deal with my addictions

I feel your pain OP.  Ive already posted several times about how shit matchmaking is.