JayedSkier

Should Free Players have customization options expanded?

Should customization options be expanded for free players?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Expand customization for free players?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

10-15 dollars a month is pretty standard for subscription services, i see no issue with the price

While standard, not many games have such a thing. Hard to go up against the God King World of Warcraft. (Even if their numbers are shrinking, their numbers are still higher than anyone else.) Plus, most F2P's are to grab money, then let the game wither and die. Hense microtransactions.

3 hours ago, Luminesca said:

They make enough from armas sales, premium should be abolished.

Source?

3 hours ago, Luminesca said:

Logic.

Who would buy a game that doesn't earn money? 

Oh... So they sold the company, and lost jobs, and couldn't maintain the game.... Cause it was making money? O.o

Now..... Your question is the million dollar question. We got the answer that it was a good (and probably cheap) chance for Little Orbit to actually get a non-licensed game under their belt. And Fallen Earth got tossed in as extra. ARMAS wasn't profitable, and in the old forums, I show with math why not. Not going to now... Cause... Too early, and haven't had enough coffee...

mbE1Vzo.gif

Edited by Nymphi--DoubleDee

Wouldn't throwing the free players a little bit of a bone actually encourage then a little more to get premium...?  Even with expanded free limits, I'd still buy premium because I for sure have outfits or cars I couldn't have made without the 100 layer limit or 50 symbol limit.  

I've actually had friends look at the current limits and think the game is just trying to force them to spend money on it and refuse to do so.  If they could make more detailed but basic things with symbols, they may be more inclined to actually buy premium just to make what they want a little better with a little more freedom.

42 minutes ago, JayedSkier said:

Wouldn't throwing the free players a little bit of a bone actually encourage then a little more to get premium...?  Even with expanded free limits, I'd still buy premium because I for sure have outfits or cars I couldn't have made without the 100 layer limit or 50 symbol limit.  

I've actually had friends look at the current limits and think the game is just trying to force them to spend money on it and refuse to do so.  If they could make more detailed but basic things with symbols, they may be more inclined to actually buy premium just to make what they want a little better with a little more freedom.

I dunno... If anything, what it would do is drive the in-game economy a tad more. 3 symbols for the character? Arms and back. Find the tats on the market. Or make them. Make side panel decals for cars. It let's the people that get premium make some cash, and can still let new players have nice stuff. You just gotta get creative. 

IMO, the subscription setup is just plain awful.

Customization is the main attraction of APB, you limit that, people are more likely to leave than start paying, I'm not talking old timers, I'm talking new and returning, and thats who matters the most from a business perspective, people who already bought everything, and have tons of premium stacked up, why would a company care about trying to sell YOU anything? Get real. They sold you everything, they have your money.

How should new players feel when they win finally and see that a subscriber still got more than them, in both money and standing?

How do new players feel about STILL trying to unlock basic weapons and being matched against 255s car surfing on sports cars with Volcano's and Euryales and Medusa's oh my!

If this game is to survive, subscription needs to offer MORE than standard, instead of no subscription crippling you.

It could offer things like less tax on the market place, which in reality would help symbol makers and car/clothing designers far more than limiting people who probably couldn't compete anyhow, in what they can even try and create.

When this was a subscription only game, I had NO problem paying, as a free game, I demand a benefit to SPEND money, being penalized for NOT spending money is not good marketing.

The armas prices are already obscene, forcing people who may be on a limited budget like students or disabled folks to either, at best rent armas stuff, or at worst, sacrifice things like healthy eating to buy a permanent virtual item.

And this is coming from someone who has spent a lot of money on a lot of "free" games and a lot of subscription games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gunsei said:

being penalized for NOT spending money is not good marketing.

ucOegf3.gif

I think you mean being rewarded for spending money is a good way to get people to spend money.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

ucOegf3.gif

I think you mean being rewarded for spending money is a good way to get people to spend money.

Do you really not understand how pulling features that are there and making you pay is bad marketing? Look at all the outrage over various day 1 DLC from games that had the content already on the game disk.

People don't like having things taken away and then being told they can have it back if they pay.

You can't be so simple to not understand that.

7 minutes ago, Gunsei said:

Do you really not understand how pulling features that are there and making you pay is bad marketing? Look at all the outrage over various day 1 DLC from games that had the content already on the game disk.

People don't like having things taken away and then being told they can have it back if they pay.

upping the design limits and then changing something else for premium is only going to shift the whining to that something else tho

10 minutes ago, Gunsei said:

Wait, what got taken away in APB?

Did I miss something?

The easiest way for a "free" game to make money on customization is to continually add new customization items. Some games offer ALL customization for subscription fee, and do fine with that, hell I've bought a lifetime sub to one with that model.

I mean, you wouldn't subscribe to HBO if they had the same shows (rerun) every week either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gunsei said:

The easiest way for a "free" game to make money on customization is to continually add new customization items. Some games offer ALL customization for subscription fee, and do fine with that, hell I've bought a lifetime sub to one with that model.

I mean, you wouldn't subscribe to HBO if they had the same shows (rerun) every week either.

Wait, HBO no longer has reruns???

Jesus how long was I asleep?

35 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Wait, what got taken away in APB?

Did I miss something?

...I'm pretty sure clothing customization got changed from 5 symbols to 3 at some point, just sayinh.

25 minutes ago, JayedSkier said:

...I'm pretty sure clothing customization got changed from 5 symbols to 3 at some point, just sayinh.

I wouldn't know, I just wear a t-shirt with one symbol on it

Im not really into the whole "tuxedo t-shirt" thing that is apb clothing customization.

"Waaaa baby wants everything for free waaaa waaaa"

Get a job lazy kids.

15 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

"Waaaa baby wants everything for free waaaa waaaa"

Get a job lazy kids.

Thank you for your thoughtful response.

I completely said that I wanted to give everybody premium status customization for free instead of expanding it just a little bit, totally, thank you for pointing this out.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2018 at 9:32 PM, JayedSkier said:

I personally think that one of APB's main points of attraction is the ridiculous amount of customization you can do to your clothes, characters, and vehicles.  One issue I have with this is just how limited it is for players who don't buy premium, only being able to place 3 symbols on clothing and being limited to 25 layers in the symbol editor;  I actually think at one point free players were able to put at least 5 symbols on clothing but this was changed for some reason.

I understand that it is this way to encourage sales of Premium, and while I do think it is very worthwhile considering all the other benefits, I do think we shouldn't limit free players as much as we currently do.

I think it'd be nice to do these changes for free players;

• Increase the clothing symbol limit to 15 or 25
  • Increase the layer limit to 50
  • Increase the car symbol limit to 14 or 25
  • Increase the tattoo limit to 15 or 25

But with ONLY ONE CONDITION. Expanding the Number of Pieces the Premium Players can use. (I'm not premium). If they increase the number for Free Players ONLY, Premium players will probably start a Jihad against LO.

i spend money on game that makes me more entitled to more stuff then you, pls stop these threads

6 hours ago, JayedSkier said:

Thank you for your thoughtful response.

I completely said that I wanted to give everybody premium status customization for free instead of expanding it just a little bit, totally, thank you for pointing this out.

All or nothing. What would it be the use of a slight increase when you dont have the full potential still? Thats lazy.

You dont get to play your 110 character in wow for free, you get your shitty level 20 character. Why the hell should it be different here. Get a job kids, learn that you don't get everything in life for free you lazy gits.

34 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

You dont get to play your 110 character in wow for free, you get your shitty level 20 character. Why the hell should it be different here. Get a job kids, learn that you don't get everything in life for free you lazy gits.

giphy.gif embrace the weeb f2p ppl

Firstly, with current discount premium costs 10$. If you compare it with other games/services subs fees you will see +- same price. It means that you have to pay really small amount to unlock full customization potential. 

By increasing cust limits for f2p you are basically killing premium services demand. 

What should be done is provide more clothes/cars/weapons for f2p players so they wont feel like without paying money game is garbage in terms off posibilities.

Edited by wHisHi

Maybe a good solution would be for LO to start giving out more 1day premium codes.

Both gives f2p players a chance to customize, and might get them hooked enough to actually buy premium.

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, Fr3e said:

giphy.gif embrace the weeb f2p ppl

Good gif, atleast apb is not like it imho

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Maybe a good solution would be for LO to start giving out more 1day premium codes.

Both gives f2p players a chance to customize, and might get them hooked enough to actually buy premium.

Thoughts?

I would go for 2 days since it will give A BIT more time to try more weapoms from armas

8 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

I would go for 2 days since it will give A BIT more time to try more weapoms from armas

thats a good point

58 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

I love how you're presuming that anyone that would want more freedom for ftp players are jobless kids because it's just impossible for anyone who's dropped big money on this game to think that they should have more options. Also since you mentioned WoW you should also realize that outside of that $15 or $13 per month if you buy bulk time that you can then ignore the shop aside from when expansions drop.

Only recently has my spending in WoW started getting close to apb despite the fact I've been playing WoW for 6-7 years. The sub and expansion purchases in WoW covers basically all the content no other payments required compared to apb where on top of needing premium to get the most out of the game you then need to purchase stuff from armas if you want to experience all the content available which is especially rough when you have an alt due to the lack of account bound options for clothing.

I don't regret any of my purchases in apb but I still think it's stupid how limiting not having premium when also paired up with the fact that you have to buy so many things if you want it all, which I say while having premium myself currently and basically forever.

Edited by XYXYXYXYX