Sign in to follow this  
RCooper

Shield

We are not playing fortnite,we are playing apb,as an exconsumable(btw remove consumables from the game) the mechanics behind the shield are super dumb and paired with med spray which btw still as broken as always,it allows you to turn the situation around,a situation where you would get killed 100% of the times,now most of the times u make it alive and killing the guy that 85 you.

20 minutes ago, RCooper said:

it allows you to turn the situation around,a situation where you would get killed 100% of the times,now most of the times u make it alive and killing the guy that 85 you.

Oh wow, it's almost like that's the point.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StunStick said:

So why don't noobs have it?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jazeker said:

So why don't noobs have it?

Aint nobody new. Why don't low ranks have it? Cuz they made it a consumable, tryin to squeeze players into buyin Joker ticks to buy more consumables. LO din't like people using the shield to block ladders, door, ect.

Consequently 'Newbs' don't get enough from reward drops, and or from buying them to have enough to practice or toy with em enough times to understand the item. How U move with it, its weakness/strength. 

Proper Shield use is vital, like most weapons, its not the weapon its how it's used.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StunStick said:

To begin with shield and med spray weren't mean to be used together,they were both consumables but LO had to change it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RCooper said:

We are not playing fortnite,we are playing apb,as an exconsumable(btw remove consumables from the game) the mechanics behind the shield are super dumb and paired with med spray which btw still as broken as always,it allows you to turn the situation around,a situation where you would get killed 100% of the times,now most of the times u make it alive and killing the guy that 85 you.

im all for a consumable rework, but if youre having trouble with someone sitting behind a shield for 10-17 seconds its probably your own fault

• Like 1

just need to remove them already no way they can balance consumables they can't even balance the guns 

2 hours ago, glaciers said:

im all for a consumable rework, but if youre having trouble with someone sitting behind a shield for 10-17 seconds its probably your own fault

a single conc destroys it now right? and grenades can be thrown beside em and people just go "well fuck"

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

a single conc destroys it now right?

unknown.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, glaciers said:

Ik the problem relies more in the shield + med spray strategy,I just hate it because it is a cheesy strategy

7 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

a single conc destroys it now right? and grenades can be thrown beside em and people just go "well fuck"

Yeah but sometimes there are more than one shield user in the op team,or I run out of grenades,also you can basically spam shield + medspray almost every time you use it.(30s and 45s cooldown)

Edited by RCooper

If it didn't block grenade damage I'd be fine with it.

It's a life saver when you're in the middle of the road... thanks to terrible map making, we have a lot of open spots like these. In case of some other situations? Nah, you'd most likely getting naded or shotgunned lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nagletz said:

It's a life saver when you're in the middle of the road... thanks to terrible map making, we have a lot of open spots like these. In case of some other situations? Nah, you'd most likely getting naded or shotgunned lol. 

Then you are playing the game wrong. You should always 24/7 be glued to your car (cars are still not fixed). Shields are more for when you have no aim.  The instant deploy of a cover makes it unbalanced. It enables crouch spamming with ntec or other meta guns the tryhards use these days to compensate for lack of aim and movement.

Consumables made the game even more inbalanced. It didn't add anything to the game then just more frustration.  

Edited by Gateron

4 hours ago, Gateron said:

Then you are playing the game wrong. You should always 24/7 be glued to your car (cars are still not fixed). Shields are more for when you have no aim.  The instant deploy of a cover makes it unbalanced. It enables crouch spamming with ntec or other meta guns the tryhards use these days to compensate for lack of aim and movement.

Consumables made the game even more inbalanced. It didn't add anything to the game then just more frustration.  

I have never used one, they were such rare mission rewards I decided to save them up until I know what to do with them or where to use them, still never used one.

Never get out of the car. -Skeeter, interstate 76.

OP hasn't met me in-game lol shield+ well timed epinephrine = houdini'd

Consumables are get out of jail free cards for poor choices like standing in the middle of a street with no cover or rushing 3 people thinking you can win then turning tail to flee.

Sadly they're here to stay so you're gonna have to deal with it like everyone else.

Edited by your-username-is-not-suitable

On 3/20/2022 at 12:44 AM, BlatMan said:

If it didn't block grenade damage I'd be fine with it.

That would make them entirely useless, with litterally 0 point to using them. If you're concerned about grenades, time/aim them better to hit behind it instead of in front.

On 3/20/2022 at 8:30 AM, Gateron said:

Cars can be shot -under-, and carplay is dumb af in general when it comes to waterfront and some things in financial. I use shield in waterfront and have good aim, but i'm not going to sit like a dumbo and be shot under either by ntecs, obeyas, or snipers. It's not -instant- deploy either, and you can shoot "under" it as it's being placed. I mostly use it with snipers, where you -need- the extra cover at times. (aka smart usage)

Crouch spamming, and corner pop spam, happens with -every- mid-long range weapon, and is necessary in high skill fights. Where being without -any- cover, means getting TTK'd. It's also necessary against cheaters who aren't -trigger botting-, as you can get an edge and bullets in -before- they can react. If you're without cover, you're playing wrong. A skilled player will use and make use of any and all cover available, whether it means to ambush, flank, or trick an opponent, and will best operate in a fashion that ensures the enemy is left with none long enough to kill them without them being able to run back into any.

Consumables can be annoying at times (healing spray, or epiphrene as VIP imo can be), but i honestly like them. Car spawners made the game 8x more imbalanced than the consumables ever did. All consumables did was shake up timings, and how the game was played originally. By now those changes have been cemented for long enough that any complains are due to a lack of counterplay and tactical thought. Car Spawners however, have been under numberous reworks, because of how imbalanced they are with general gameplay, nothing says balanced like enemies spawning 36m from you.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

39 minutes ago, your-username-is-not-suitable said:

Consumables are get out of jail free cards for poor choices like standing in the middle of a street with no cover or rushing 3 people thinking you can win then turning tail to flee.

Sadly they're here to stay so you're gonna have to deal with it like everyone else.

Why are they here to stay? It doesn't take a genius to see they've had a negative impact on the game and it can't be that hard to remove them.

24 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

That would make them entirely useless, with litterally 0 point to using them. If you're concerned about grenades, time/aim them better to hit behind it instead of in front.

the overwhelming majority of shield users use them to block bullets, so increasing the threat of explosives wouldn't really make the shield useless imo, its a decent short term balance

57 minutes ago, glaciers said:

the overwhelming majority of shield users use them to block bullets, so increasing the threat of explosives wouldn't really make the shield useless imo, its a decent short term balance

Not at all, especially since it's not broken in the first place.. It's bad enough that garbage cans and the like don't protect from em. Add into the fact that most people just spam grenades and explosives at mobile cover -in the first place- it'd make them useless. Yeah cool you blocked 3 bullets, here's 3 grenades and a rocket. (and yes, i've had that happen)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonkaS said:

Why are they here to stay? It doesn't take a genius to see they've had a negative impact on the game and it can't be that hard to remove them.

Oh 100%

But I'm very doubtful Little Orbit is going to outright remove them, even though it'd benefit the game as a whole.

7 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Not at all, especially since it's not broken in the first place.. It's bad enough that garbage cans and the like don't protect from em. Add into the fact that most people just spam grenades and explosives at mobile cover -in the first place- it'd make them useless. Yeah cool you blocked 3 bullets, here's 3 grenades and a rocket. (and yes, i've had that happen)

mobile cover isnt broken its just poorly designed and balanced, as you've pointed out every other destructible item that blocks bullets doesn't block explosions

such a change wouldn't render it useless, and shouldn't even affect the way you describe using the shield, it would only disadvantage those that use mobile cover as a panic button to cover their positioning mistakes

Sign in to follow this