CombatMedic02

APB 2022 Roadmap Discussion

Give us back old shaders, bullettracers, old TTK and NO FRIGGIN RECOIL WITH MOST ANNOYING BULLETSPREAD 10 METERS OUT WITH AN AR...... like the game was intended! Oh. and old spawnsystem, yes please. You'll see 4000+ players. No shit. it would work, back when Clan Warfare actually meant something. REAPERS REPRESENT! 🙂

Edited by Synapze777
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Synapze777 said:

NO FRIGGIN RECOIL

Oh. and old spawnsystem, yes please. 

No thanks.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Synapze777 said:

Give us back old shaders, bullettracers, old TTK and NO FRIGGIN RECOIL WITH MOST ANNOYING BULLETSPREAD 10 METERS OUT WITH AN AR...... like the game was intended! Oh. and old spawnsystem, yes please. You'll see 4000+ players. No shit. it would work, back when Clan Warfare actually meant something. REAPERS REPRESENT! 🙂

You will absolutely NOT see 4000+ players with those changes.

9 hours ago, MrChan said:

Probably less than what we currently have after a few weeks of reverting to those changes seeing as it removes a lot of skill that comes with having to control your gun from the game and the fact that the majority of players nowadays NEVER experienced RTW even, let alone this very early itteration of gunplay.

17 hours ago, Frosi said:

Probably less than what we currently have after a few weeks of reverting to those changes seeing as it removes a lot of skill that comes with having to control your gun from the game and the fact that the majority of players nowadays NEVER experienced RTW even, let alone this very early itteration of gunplay.

On 4/21/2022 at 12:52 PM, MrChan said:

Then what would? What changes would see the game prosper again? What would bring people back?

I've seen many people quote anti-cheat being their main issue with this game, but, every F2P online game has had this issue for quite a while now. Only Valorant is successful combating this to some extent. Yes, I do agree we should get EAC back (a proper version of it at the very least), but this will not make veterans return and players from other shooter games come.

APB at it's core has always been casual, the devs have always agreed and stated so. But, the community has been desperately trying to make the game competitive while the game never was, nor did the devs care about the competitive crowd (even though they kept the game alive and are keeping the game alive to some extent even right now)

So, why not listen to both crowds and fulfill the needs of both? A two birds with one stone type of scenario.

People are looking for concrete, skill-based changes that reward their aim traning and tracking across multiple games, not waiting for the game to HOPEFULLY hit the shot (no, artificially lengthening TTK by adding bloom is not a skillful mechanic, it's RNG to help people who cannot aim)

With a proper TTK and no bloom (and some slight recoil), the game would feel more responsive and fluid. It would feel rewarding when you win a aim duel, not praying RNG plays a favour in your fight.

Not only will this help out older players, this will also be helpful to new players if they invest the time and grind to become better. The game will feel rewarding to play, you get a sense that if you put in the effort and brain power, you can out-aim/outplay a more skillful opponent.

Not only that, I think adding movement mechanics in form of walljumping and rolling/sliding would make the game much more fluid as well, as the game is very static sometimes with it's stale movement. (tho this will never happen but w/e, one can believe)

APB's main thing for years has been it's customization. Why keep it at that? Why wouldn't one introduce something gameplay related which would make the game unique?

You can only pull the wool over their eyes for a short while with new content in form of new guns, cars and contacts (mods etc.), the game needs a re-approach in the way it's played from the ground up.

QoL changes which have been requested for years (Dopefish has a huge QoL list in the suggestion forums, the old forums were also full of good input but sadly they've been shut down) and input from veterans which have poured countless of hours in suggestions should be more valued and not shunned away.

Proper matchmaking (differentiating casual and competitive, like it shouldve been in the first place), a pinging system, a PROPER tutorial, car handling and stats getting tweaked to finally make them feel unique and making them more fun to play, implementing all 3 fight club maps, increasing TTK to ~1s along with removing bloom (and the dreadful bloom mechanics they've added the past few years) while adding some slight manageable recoil, changing shotguns and snipers to 3STK.

In fact, if all of these changes are too drastic to implement in live, why not just make a OTW with some of these changes and give it a chance? Interaction with the community is necessary for proper thrival of the game, which they seemingly are unwilling to do the past few months as they're in a financial crisis and have no direction in how APB should be played and what should be done to make this game good

But, sadly, they seem to not care, as their blogpost has indirectly stated that they're abandoning the game with the engine upgrade being abandoned.

The game cannot stay on this engine iteration and all veteran players know this and have known this for ages, especially if one has been closely following dev comments in regards to the artificial engine limitations in some aspects of the game, such as the inability to have 3 fight club maps running at the same time, car speed limit, Kismet tanking performance (no info on complete Scaleform implementation ^_^) etc.

Edited by yourrandomnobody74

to see thousands of players again the game needs better performance,proper matchmaking and new game content(at least 2 new contacts)other things are minor..maybe irritatin but still minor

p.s. btw 3 months since the last news..what a record

Edited by AlienTM
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, yourrandomnobody74 said:

Then what would? What changes would see the game prosper again? What would bring people back?

Nothing. Literally Nothing. APBs time is over. 

I'm not even trying to be pessimistic. There is nothing.

On 4/24/2022 at 4:06 PM, nattsvart_katt said:

that engine upgrade tho, how many years has it been now?

OccasionalBarrenGannet-max-1mb.gif

it's been so long that the people who were kids when it was announced are adults 

one day maybe, my hard worked money spent into this game will be worth an fresh install

When will you release the 64-bit version of APB? It's been a long time coming.

disgusted-disappointed.gif

Merged.

"So, we're going to change strategies for 2022:

We will be freezing the 2.2 code base and switching back to development on 1.20.

We will be versioning the 1.20 code base into a new APB 1.30 code repository.

We will be upgrading the APB 1.30 code base so we can use modern compilers like Visual Studio 2019 instead of 2012.

We will be upgrading APB 1.30 to 64-bit by upgrading our libraries to the same versions already in-use in APB 2.2. We already have all the code modifications in APB 2.2 to support these newer libraries.

We will address the RTX crashes and frame rate hitches that are based on the current 32-bit memory limitations.

What this means practically is that rather than chase large engine upgrade that remains out of reach, we can focus on updates that serve our current player base now, so you guys can finally benefit from some of our work."

obama-what.gif

At this point even a heartfelt apology would seem misleading. "Gamerslast" this was the first phrase uttered to me on these forums in 2010. Now we know them as "Liarsfirst"

On 5/11/2022 at 6:47 AM, guren said:

At this point even a heartfelt apology would seem misleading. "Gamerslast" this was the first phrase uttered to me on these forums in 2010. Now we know them as "Liarsfirst"

$first was a meme back in the day aswell

• Like 2

I remember thinking engine upgrade was not going to happen way back in 2015 after all the delays and quiet. LO gave me some hope after moneyfirst milked and ran the game into the ground but sad to see after all these years that I along with many other non believers were right. Apb dead but not forgotten.

I'd kill for a 2011 version of the game. 2011-2012 was the gold age for apb IMO. End of 2012 is when they started messing with stuff and performance went to shite from what I remember. Also all guns were viable and fun. There were so many op guns that they all countered each other. Bring back Old School APB!

• Like 2

just bring the game back to 2012-2013 please. this was the best era of APB... jump shot scout, old ntec, old hvr, old csg, old smgs, old riflemen weapons... every gun was good

• Like 1

All the guns are shit now because they want you to spend 50,000 JT on a gold fancy weapon but it'd take years to earn that much playing the game so give us yer money.

On 5/16/2022 at 11:50 PM, FartyBumBumGuff said:

All the guns are shit now because they want you to spend 50,000 JT on a gold fancy weapon but it'd take years to earn that much playing the game so give us yer money.

No all the guns are shit because they balanced stuff for the sake of shifting things up done by people that hadn't even played the game for a month yet and were shown to not even know basic game features (such as playing the OCA in marksman mode).

• Like 2

On 5/15/2022 at 9:57 PM, Weaboos said:

I remember thinking engine upgrade was not going to happen way back in 2015 after all the delays and quiet. LO gave me some hope after moneyfirst milked and ran the game into the ground but sad to see after all these years that I along with many other non believers were right. Apb dead but not forgotten.

I'd kill for a 2011 version of the game. 2011-2012 was the gold age for apb IMO. End of 2012 is when they started messing with stuff and performance went to shite from what I remember. Also all guns were viable and fun. There were so many op guns that they all countered each other. Bring back Old School APB!

Jumpshot scout was cancer, it was an even worse version of the CSG.

Low TTK, I dont quite remember if it was the same as the CSG, but like the CSG you could hide 99% of the time so you always have the upper hand, no matter the distance.

Not sure what APB is like now tho cause I quit in 2015, however when all those gimmicky fortnite-like things that were added by the previous Gamersfirst, like seeing enemies through walls with shit made me lose interest to try again, as much as Ive loved the game since 2009.

Also tiggs was a horrible CM.

Also RIP Vuh.

Tho I dont blame LittleOrbit for taking so long, a former RTW dev told me back then that the code is a mess with absolutely 0 documentation, if anything this is old GamersFirsts fault. Announcing Engine upgrade before anyone properly looked into it, infact it came as a surprise for the devs.

What was that guys name Björn somethingsomething?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Arvie said:

Jumpshot scout was cancer, it was an even worse version of the CSG.

Low TTK, I dont quite remember if it was the same as the CSG, but like the CSG you could hide 99% of the time so you always have the upper hand, no matter the distance.

Not sure what APB is like now tho cause I quit in 2015, however when all those gimmicky fortnite-like things that were added by the previous Gamersfirst, like seeing enemies through walls with shit made me lose interest to try again, as much as Ive loved the game since 2009.

Also tiggs was a horrible CM.

Also RIP Vuh.

Tho I dont blame LittleOrbit for taking so long, a former RTW dev told me back then that the code is a mess with absolutely 0 documentation, if anything this is old GamersFirsts fault. Announcing Engine upgrade before anyone properly looked into it, infact it came as a surprise for the devs.

What was that guys name Björn somethingsomething?

If it isn't emiko lurking in the forum. 

Yeah there were a few sore thumbs mostly in armas category.

I think you meant Scout quick switching as I don't think jump shooting did anything to ttk other than letting you shoot people behind fences. As a scout owner I was happy when quick switching was removed. It's G1 fault for making such unique weapons paid only.

I was mainly talking about f2p weapons. N-kek dominating?  Melt him with joker carbine or out laser them both with obeya cr. Challenge the obeya with obir. Or scumbag with broken Nhvr (glad for this nerf tbh). Obeya pistol too good - outsprint it with joker rfp.  There were viable options.

Then they nerfed some weapons -  resulted in others dominating the nerfed guns.  Solution nerf more. One by one. Untill all are crap. Then add some broken armas guns and nerf them after we sold enough.

I'm not saying weapon balance was perfect, there were a few things that needed looking at but it was way better and more dynamic than it is now. I quit myself in 2014-ish mainly due to performance issues that appeared after late 2012 and irregularly logged on for some events and what not here and there. Now I decided to play a bit while I still have the chance to play it as things are not looking good. Right now there are like 3 guns being used and that's it. And probably the solution (if there still will be one) to nerf those 3 guns 

Edited by Weaboos
  • Like 2

There was so much promise when LO took over. But you cant have your CEO run the company and be the developer

Should have improved bad weapons instead of nerfing existing weapons. This would have pissed less people off and more people would want to play different stuff

Removal of Joker boxes removed the excitement of trying to acquire a cool unique item. They could have taken it out of the RL cash store and placed it in the game as something to buy with in game gold

Too many players at max level with nothing to do. They needed to up the level max and add in those new contacts. They should have done that while attempting the failed EU, 

This game still has a ton of potential, but the lack of communication, followed by some reason why there was none has gotten old. Sorry truth hurts

Spent thousands in Arma's on this game. I loved it and wanted it to succeed,  wanted to support it. At some point you realize that the people running the game don't care about it anymore

I agree, make it open source and lets let some people resurrect this game

Is it really so difficult not to promise what is not required of you? This is how irresponsible assholes behave. The problem with this game is assholes.

Its not just apb all this G1 current games(apb,fallen earth,unsung story)looks like all work was ceased.Hes last tweet is from almost 3 months ago.This games have no profit looks like and they just keep some servers runnin for who knows how long dou

I guess after the war everything become even more expensive so they cant waste more time with this games.But at least make some official announcement dat ur fkn done..

• Like 2