ShaiShai

@LittleOrbit Wide Screen advantage

@LittleOrbit Wide Screen advantage   

137 members have voted

1. 1. Is useing a wide screen cheating in your opinion ?

• Yes
    • No

Widescreen? Pfft. Amateurs.

I'm planning to go for a triple-screen setup.

broke: using wide screens in apb for advantage

woke: using VR to play apb

5 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

Hello. I would like to ask what's LO's standpoint on useing wide screens. I'm sure you encountered those suspiciously wide screenshots and how the other player can see farther then their opponents because of their unfair advantage from using a widescreen. What do you guys think ?

TL:DR:

Widescreen users need to be banned because they have a unfair advantage of that i cant afford a widescreen monitor and have the same unfair advantage like them

Do... Do you not have a monitor from the last 15 years? Hell, the last 4:3 monitor I had was a 21" CRT that weighed 100 pounds (not really, but gawd damn that thing was a beast to lug around).

31 minutes ago, MrChan said:

Widescreen? Pfft. Amateurs.

I'm planning to go for a triple-screen setup.

That was so 2017.

Now it's about the 15 monitor setups.

5 hours ago, Kat said:

New poll: Using contact lenses over glasses cheating? y/n

Contacts were actually worse. Glasses are cheating though they are basically magnifying glasses.

5 hours ago, Chinook said:

What next? 16:9 is cheat because you see more than on 4:3??

I guess having 100+fps is also a cheat and gives me unfair advantage against people who play on a potato which barely runs at 20fps??

Nah bruh, because you can set a 4:3 to have a 16:9 resolution

And potato PCs are the ones w the cheat because they warp around sometimes so it's an advantage; they're harder to track

Edited by Archon

1 minute ago, Archon said:

Nah bruh, because you can set a 4:3 to have a 16:9 resolution

And potato PCs are the ones w the cheat because they warp around sometimes so it's an advantage; they're harder to track

i don’t think ur computer causes any warping

15 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i don’t think ur computer causes any warping

My first comment was a joke but I'm serious when I say I'm 98.7% sure it does; I've experienced this first hand with my old PC, people would complain about me warping all the time even though I had ms in the 20's, that's why some BRs warp around like crazy but Aussie friends I know with 'Aussie internet' do not.

Edited by Archon

12 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

Hello. I would like to ask what's LO's standpoint on useing wide screens. I'm sure you encountered those suspiciously wide screenshots and how the other player can see farther then their opponents because of their unfair advantage from using a widescreen. What do you guys think ?

TL:DR:

Widescreen users need to be banned because they have a unfair advantage of that i cant afford a widescreen monitor and have the same unfair advantage like them

50 IQ degenerate ape is able to post stuff

depends on how far people stretch thinsga nd what APB allows, I know in MWO soem epopel sue such horrible FOV's that they basically get a 180degree view. if such extra information really drives people to run the agme as ugly as possible, I'd say borderline cheat mentality of tryhards stretching the legit borders.

Everything I've ever shitposted on any forum... brought to shame... by one goddamn poll.

• Like 2

i got banned ff because i 1200x1024)))

1 hour ago, AsgerLund said:

Everything I've ever shitposted on any forum... brought to shame... by one goddamn poll.

the biggets is still your profile pic, those beautiful moobs hidden behind bars like they were a crime.

I play in eu with  300ms ping. Others have a lower ping. They have an unfair advantage over me. Ban em

I play in 50x50, because then the player models are bigger and I can't miss. pls fix

I've played off and on with a triple screen setup. One of the devs years ago specifically worked on getting the UI to work with it and took some feedback from me for some issues, but I don't know how to get the posts from the old forums.

Widescreen is not an advantage. It can heavily impact FPS and which makes precision aim harder. Half or more of the screen is warped and distorted which gets distracting and disorienting. The UI has issues where names don't show on the side screens, only the center, as well as other elements in game. It also messes up center screen messages. It's great for more immersion, but not an advantage. I often use it in single player games but turn it off in multiplayer ones.

3JrzxH3.jpg

JiW8k3S.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SelttikS said:

This is why we can't have nice things.

Rah. lol

Seriously though OP...  If you have a potato as a computer/monitor setup.  Get a job and budget better so you can build yourself a nice rig.  Not trying to sound like a douche, but that's the way of things.  When people look at my rig and say "How were you able to afford that man??"  The answer is simple. Time, patience, and not blowing my money on frivolous shit. (Living like a cockroach helps as well)

Edited by TrinityFSB

Moving to off-topic section. Please keep all meme threads out of the normal forum area.