Frosi

Weapon balance sheet

Recently there has been a lot of talk about Weapon balance and whether or not it is going into the right direction, there are a lot of varying opinions on this topic so I've created a sheet containing every unique playing gun in the game (except LTL) with options to rate them, suggest buffs or nerfs and also add your own personal notes. The goal of this sheet is to have more a more condensed view on weapon balance per player while also giving Little Orbit more data and thoughts to work with as a whole. Also this goes without saying but please post your final sheet in this thread.

If you can then I want to encourage you to make in-depth suggestions with actual weapon stats. If you want to do so but need to check up various stats then head over to APBDB to get all the stats for the weapons, alternatively, if you want to look at range curves in particular then head over to the Overhauled DB

To get going follow the Instructions sheet in the document itself.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EyZIwDE1scH4sLshEtFngPr2yEbx3sLYPogbQ7qI4G0/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 9

I completely missed the SBSR IRS and Coroner, fixed in the sheet now.

28 minutes ago, Iazer said:

1. Agreed on the Assault Rifles except on the NTEC variants. Why nerf the Ursus and class the Scoped Ntec as decent? Isn't the latter super trash, with the ridiculous changes they've done to the Ntec throughout the years? It's a stationary target gun that gets inaccurate immediately, or am I missing something?
2. The sniper rifle one struck me, how are you supposed to change the Scout and the HVR even more without removing the arbitrary line that separate them? I find the 575/750 dmg fine (I mean sure, the 550 dmg change was ridiculous in the first place, cattering to the lesser skilled players but hey, why not. I do hate the stupid damage curve they've added to the HVR)

For the scout, maybe the jumpshot nerf should get reverted and having 100% accuracy with any HS variant, not while jumping though.
3. Isn't the Swarm a more accurate ALIG? wha...

4. OBIR is bad? what? corner jiggle peek bursting them is bad? I do agree it sucks without mods though. It could need a standing accuracy buff (so that HS3 could be pin point accurate, the ghostshotting sometimes doesn't help it either) Carbine could need just a revert to its old accuracy (the recent accuracy buff was uncalled for). The Obeya, well, it's the gun that hasn't received a change in forever, maybe it could get a range reduction? OSCAR is a weird one as well, why would there be a need to change it? 

5. Since when is the tommy gun strong?

6. FBW nerf? The fact it's a RNG cannon is enough honestly. I do hate the ACT44/RSA without mods, so I'd disagree on that one.

7. Never understood the conc hate train, never will. The frags, sure, even though they're the best utility.

I mean, it's probably stupid to even comment on someone's opinions of weapon balance in the first place instead of making my own google doc, but u were the first one so ye sozlolxd

imo, the best way to balance to balance the game out is just increasing the TTK and increasing the accuracy(lowering RNG), but nobody in this community likes to hold his crosshair over a target for more than 0.5s 😃

Edited by qb

59 minutes ago, qb said:

OBIR is bad?

missclick whoops 😄

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YMYGj_83B0EgEJzwTD0AAWEj3aAIdjjlnJoE_1dL4Oc/edit?usp=sharing

I personally like higher overall TTK with accurate weapons but I made the sheet about the current balance/meta anyway:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MmOqZR9A_nK-tOITFZIhoW1OV0xID-tGjA7BBrIMGkM/edit?usp=sharing

Left some weapons empty because I never bothered with them or haven't used it after last changes.

Opinions about secondaries and some shotguns are probably unpopular but whatever 😎

Also can't be bothered to write in-depth statistical changes because I think this is for Little Orbit to do. Community has no way to test the stats to make sure the proposed changes make sense and do what it is supposed to do. Opinions should be enough for Little Orbit to do their job.

Edited by Benguin

52 minutes ago, Benguin said:

I personally like higher overall TTK with accurate weapons but I made the sheet about the current balance/meta anyway:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MmOqZR9A_nK-tOITFZIhoW1OV0xID-tGjA7BBrIMGkM/edit?usp=sharing

Left some weapons empty because I never bothered with them or haven't used it after last changes.

Opinions about secondaries and some shotguns are probably unpopular but whatever 😎

Also can't be bothered to write in-depth statistical changes because I think this is for Little Orbit to do. Community has no way to test the stats to make sure the proposed changes make sense and do what it is supposed to do. Opinions should be enough for Little Orbit to do their job.

Shotguns indeed need to have slower ttk than smg but 0.8 is too much, 0.73-0.75 is good if oca will be 0.7. CSG should have the same ttk as jg but lower dmg with more accuracy and longer range

Why nerf the FBW, that's single handedly the most dumb thing to suggest. 

• Thanks 2

@Frosi May I ask how you/LO plan to use this data? Isn't it just going right into the direction which every good player (only very few of them left) describes, that LO keeps listening to people who should be basically silver in this game, if threat would actually work correctly? 

1 hour ago, UwUMaster666 said:

May I ask how you/LO plan to use this data?

This is something I did myself, no one from Little Orbit asked me to do this so there is no guarantee that they'll pay much attention to this. What I can say is that they read the forums actively so they will know that there's been a lot of talk about weapon balance so instead of having to somehow digest tons of individual posts containing fractions of overall feedback they now have the option to look at this thread and find a more condensed list of feedback from each individual player that takes part. They aren't done with weapon balance, it'll continue to happen so I'm sure they are interested in whatever feedback they can get, how they use this however is up to them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

You forgot the FR0G as well

Jeez, I'll fix it.

Edit: Fixed it.

Edited by Frosi

uselles post.... because everyone wants, guns that theyre playing with buffed. 
pss. if you want FBW nerf then delete yukon. and for fuck sake fix .45 being the top dog

I pray for fucking god that people like this ^ are just ignored by LO. 

Proves my point that forum people shouldn't have a say in balancing shit. 

14 hours ago, RespectThis said:

Roll back to prior RP's last batch of balance changes.

finally some voice in the crowd of arses.