Jump to content
Rico2k

Genuine question to avid players with atleast 2-3k hours and gold threat

Recommended Posts

On 9/14/2020 at 2:51 AM, Rico2k said:

Why are you playing on bronze district, stomping new players and dethreating on purpose before leaving the game, then repeating the same action over and over? This was SURELY addressed countless times but honestly, I didn't read that much into it, but if there are people on this forum who are like this, tell me, what is the purpose of doing this? Because the bonus exp and cash for killing is what, 5% more than normal if you get 20 more kills on bronze and green players? What is the problem of playing on silver districts when you've already mastered APB to it's core, stomping people on the same level as you rather than new comers that might even stay with the game, if they wouldn't get their patootie kicked all the time by people with incredible skills that are supposed to be shown on SILVER districts (or gold, that is always a ghost town).

 

I also have cranked that 3k hours mark but i'm bad at shooters, so I stick with bronze, I just love the idea of APB and i'm playing it with friends from time to time. I like grouping up with new players that can somewhat grasp english and show them how exactly this game works, some ropes, advices, etc. and say "hey, it can be bad at the start, but later on it gets better when YOU get better" (and then everybody clapped). 

 

I honestly wish for these old 2012-2014 APB times to comeback, with old main menu login screen, where everyone was usually bronze and silvers weren't fake golds.

been gold since 2013 with the occasional dethreats to silver due to inadequate randoms and me. but thats partly due to my fault for not finding a clan or community to play the game with for the longest time. but ive never been in a bronze district ever since CBT or the launch of the open beta testing.

the problem youl find with the game is that gold districts offer no variety for competitive players. infact gold is stupidly easy to obtain while at the same time in 90% of situations youl be fighting the same 4-8 people ALWAYS. no matter if you wait 10 mins before readying up or if you ready up straight after a loss or win. you will start noticing strict patterns in the opposition youre playing with. and ofc youl get those competitive players that have the resolution stupidly low while the graphics looking like old 90's game. so ofc it makes sense that they would get sick and tired of fighting the same op. 

hence why de-threating is such a huge problem with the game. also because cheaters instantly get gold threat and thus fill silver districts thus they become majority of the opposition for alot of people.

ive been playing the game on and off for a very long long time but after the whole no anti cheat for months after OBT launch. this problem has existed for years. it wasn't until maybe 4-5 years ago that the daily player pop dropped so low that it really cemented the issues that we see today.

Edited by DiBBz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a dethreater, just a mediocre solo queuer. When I do turn gold and enter silver It usually doesn't last long because my random team and I keep getting wrecked by max rank gold premades.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine asking this question then answer it yourself by calling the people in question "fake golds".... Yes, if they can drop to silver by losing 2-3 games they are not gold. Maybe too good for bronze district and too bad for silver which overtaken by legit golds and people whos whole life revolves around cheating.

 

Then people with a dozen of bans show up to tell us how dethreaters chase away new players. Nah, people quit this game because playerbase is toxic, full of cheaters, no tutorial etc.  Just stfu. ( you know who I mean)

Edited by Sayori
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't actually avoid them, they're more than 50% of the game's active population, it's only a guess, but im fairly certain about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really a gold myself, but is it ok that my skill depends on a weapon I use? Like, I'm used to play good in silver server with Obeya and wasn't losing my threat naturally.

Now I'm playing on bronze with underpowered guns most of the time, and almost not becoming gold... 

IMO golds are people that can handle any gun in game, even worst ones. (and I hope LO will make any gun usable for that)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nagletz said:

Not really a gold myself, but is it ok that my skill depends on a weapon I use? Like, I'm used to play good in silver server with Obeya and wasn't losing my threat naturally.

Now I'm playing on bronze with underpowered guns most of the time, and almost not becoming gold... 

IMO golds are people that can handle any gun in game, even worst ones. (and I hope LO will make any gun usable for that)

As long as it happens honestly, there is nothing wrong with swinging between threats. And as far as weapons go, use whatever you feel like using and have fun!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real reason why gold players continue to play in bronze districts is because they want to win and can't win in silver districts.

This all seems to be related to the fact that people don't like getting their asses stomped by good players multiple times in a row.

 

if there were more population, you'd get more random oponents, and probably more golds similar or lower than your skill level. However, not much to do right now other than hope you don't constantly fight groups/clans that are far better than you.

 

I think for the time being LO Should be focussing on making it less pleasant as a gold to remain in a bronze district, examples being:

 

When being gold in a bronze district:

  • 0 xp and 0 money reward in missions
  • Add a 2-5 minute wait timer after each mission
  • Full rewards being in a silver district (Gold districts will not ever be used until there's more population)
  • Don't make bronze players face gold players. Even if that means waiting longer to get a mission. 2 golds vs 2 silvers and a bronze is often not fair at all. 
  • Premium buffs such as faster resupply and nitro will be disabled.

When being a silver in a silver district:

  • Daily bonus of 3x xp and money for 60 minutes / After that 2x xp and money bonus.
  • More rewards for mission objectives. This means even if you lose, you'll atleast get a chance to rank up properly.
  • Remove the non premium limitations. Allowing you to use nitro faster and resupply without being premium.
  • Chance to get a joker box every mission?? / or 1 free joker box daily?

 

More silvers in a silver district will mean more of the "fake golds" to face easier oponents. It might even bring over entire clans again.

 

 

 

Edited by Infinito
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Infinito said:
  • 0 xp and 0 money reward in missions

Also, no progress to weaponroles would be appropriate. Or even better, auto disconnect the player who went gold in a bronze district.

For the rest of your post, thumbs up 🙂

 

 

Edited by Spy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Infinito said:

-snip-

Whole lot of bad ideas in there (that have already been attempted and proven failures in the past). People would either ignore the downsides (because they don't affect them), or simply stop playing the game. Both are loss states for the game and Little Orbit, and hopefully MattScott is intelligent enough to realize this and ignore such suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Whole lot of bad ideas in there (that have already been attempted and proven failures in the past). People would either ignore the downsides (because they don't affect them), or simply stop playing the game. Both are loss states for the game and Little Orbit, and hopefully MattScott is intelligent enough to realize this and ignore such suggestions.

I can't remember any of the said downsides, and I've been here since RTW.  I'd love to hear your suggestion for the small population right now!

Edited by Infinito
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Hexerin said:

People would either ignore the downsides (because they don't affect them), or simply stop playing the game.

I'm pretty sure that al lot of people already stopped playing due golds in bronze districts. If the rules mentioned above mean that the gold who disturbs the bronze districts stops playing then I suppose it's a good thing. It means that the gold in bronze player doesn't want to play by the rules of the game and face players of equal skill then he shouldn't be allowed to play in the first place.

 

Ftr, there are filled silver districts everyday so the low population excuse can't be used to play in bronze.

 

Edited by Spy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Spy said:

Ftr, there are filled silver districts everyday so the low population excuse can't be used to play in bronze.

im not going to condone dethreating but this isnt true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 404 said:

im not going to condone dethreating but this isnt true

It actually is, I'm checking every day on Citadel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 12:31 PM, Infinito said:

I think for the time being LO Should be focussing on making it less pleasant as a gold to remain in a bronze district, examples being:

 

When being gold in a bronze district:

  • 0 xp and 0 money reward in missions
  • Add a 2-5 minute wait timer after each mission
  • Full rewards being in a silver district (Gold districts will not ever be used until there's more population)
  • Don't make bronze players face gold players. Even if that means waiting longer to get a mission. 2 golds vs 2 silvers and a bronze is often not fair at all. 
  • Premium buffs such as faster resupply and nitro will be disabled.

 

 

I don't think downsides like this will work. If there is to be a negative for a gold being in a bronze district, it needs to be a hard stop to them playing in bronze. 

There are many players that are max rank and have no use for xp, money or anything else the game has to offer. They only play for the fun of the gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2020 at 8:42 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The old threat system didn't have anything to strive for either though.

 

Oh wow a popup when you join a server. Okay......

 

Merged.

 

 

It was nice seeing the whole enf or crim pop go from 50 to 10 when entering the district XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 11:31 AM, Infinito said:

When being gold in a bronze district:

  • 0 xp and 0 money reward in missions
  • Add a 2-5 minute wait timer after each mission
  • Full rewards being in a silver district (Gold districts will not ever be used until there's more population)
  • Don't make bronze players face gold players. Even if that means waiting longer to get a mission. 2 golds vs 2 silvers and a bronze is often not fair at all. 
  • Premium buffs such as faster resupply and nitro will be disabled.

When being a silver in a silver district:

  • Daily bonus of 3x xp and money for 60 minutes / After that 2x xp and money bonus.
  • More rewards for mission objectives. This means even if you lose, you'll atleast get a chance to rank up properly.
  • Remove the non premium limitations. Allowing you to use nitro faster and resupply without being premium.
  • Chance to get a joker box every mission?? / or 1 free joker box daily?

And the same rule would apply to gold players in silver districts, I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bambola said:

And the same rule would apply to gold players in silver districts, I suppose.

that should also apply to silvers and bronzes being in the gold district. they dont want to face golds but golds dont want them on their team also.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 10:31 AM, Infinito said:

When being gold in a bronze district:

  • 0 xp and 0 money reward in missions
  • Add a 2-5 minute wait timer after each mission
  • Full rewards being in a silver district (Gold districts will not ever be used until there's more population)
  • Don't make bronze players face gold players. Even if that means waiting longer to get a mission. 2 golds vs 2 silvers and a bronze is often not fair at all. 
  • Premium buffs such as faster resupply and nitro will be disabled.

- Do the majority of the pop care about money and XP anymore? Most of us are max level.

- People intentionally lost matches en masse to drop their threat and join lower threat districts. A 2-5 minute timer or loss of premium cooldown buffs won't do shit to people like that.

- Making it harder to get matches in Bronze might actually be enough of an inconvenience to have an effect. Of course the counter argument that you might as well disable MM altogether for Gold players in Bronze. And of course such measures can be bypassed by players just dropping even more threat so they get enough matches at Silver threat before going back to Gold.

 

Whilst your suggestions are probably better than doing nothing, I don't think they'll have a major impact.

 

The only solution is to police dethreating, as has been the case since population dropped too low to support hidden threat with enforced auto-join or harder threat segregation. But the powers that be (first G1 and now LO) either can't do it, as in they don't have the necessary tools, or won't do it. 

Edited by MrChan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrChan said:

- Do the majority of the pop care about money and XP anymore? Most of us are max level.

- People intentionally lost matches en masse to drop their threat and join lower threat districts. A 2-5 minute timer or loss of premium cooldown buffs won't do shit to people like that.

- Making it harder to get matches in Bronze might actually be enough of an inconvenience to have an effect. Of course the counter argument that you might as well disable MM altogether for Gold players in Bronze. And of course such measures can be bypassed by players just dropping even more threat so they get enough matches at Silver threat before going back to Gold.

 

Whilst your suggestions are probably better than doing nothing, I don't think they'll have a major impact.

 

The only solution is to police dethreating, as has been the case since population dropped too low to support hidden threat with enforced auto-join or harder threat segregation. But the powers that be (first G1 and now LO) either can't do it, as in they don't have the necessary tools, or won't do it. 

I haven't cared about money or xp since about 2014?

 

But I also care more about not being silver. So.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...