a Pair of Socks

The Current State of APB Population

32 minutes ago, Acornie said:

If it didn't sound like you didn't believe my footnote on using steamcharts to show numbers, I wouldn't have put the actual numbers to show; and seems kinda weird you feeling like you have to comment 'not changing the fact' when I started off my first comment with "pop is depressingly low lately" 

But, no, numbers aren't meaningless or you could just make up any number to try to argue you point- oh wait you just did : ) EU has consistently been 2/3rds of the pop, (66.6% but actually more like 60%-65%), not 4/5ths (80%)

You probably think I'm trying to argue that NA isn't dead or the pop isn't depressingly low (I already stated I thought so) I just think using hyperbole for arguments when the numbers are one click away, is counterproductive.

0sxPaxt.png

Nice argument dude 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Katryoshka said:

[obnoxiously large text]

1 hour ago, Acornie said:

Pop is depressingly low lately

1 hour ago, Acornie said:

{...] I started off my first comment with "pop is depressingly low lately" 

You probably think I'm trying to argue that NA isn't dead or the pop isn't depressingly low (I already stated I thought so) I just think using hyperbole for arguments when the numbers are one click away, is counterproductive.

Giving actual population numbers is not making an argument. Read what I'm actually writing and quit trying to argue against something I'm not saying

Edited by Acornie

2 hours ago, Katryoshka said:

bRUH nO itS NoT DEAD JUSt PlAy At CeRTAin TImeS.

*logs into Citadel at 5am*

BrUH tHiS GaMe DeAd NoT eVeN 1 DiStRicT BRoeEh FukCing ShiT3 c0mP4Ny EvRyon3e LeFt gAme

Game's obviously at an all time low but don't use 5AM stats to back your claim because thats just incorrect and unfair towards the game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, 404 said:

marketing to bronze/casual players is different from balancing actual gameplay around bronze/casual players

If you really think they're doing that you're either dumb or just wanna throw shit at the company lmao

5 hours ago, DouglasFalcon said:

If you really think they're doing that you're either dumb or just wanna throw shit at the company lmao

youre the one that brought up marketing in response to a claim that little orbit is catering to casuals

21 hours ago, DouglasFalcon said:

Do you blame me for thinking this way? they buffed guns that dont need aim and nerfed guns that take skill to use while making cars that arent hard to kill IF YOU USE THE ALREADY AVAILABLE OPTIONS TO KILL THEM EVEN EASIER TO KILL...

their numbers are dropping hard and they refuse to get rid of the threat segregation... why? cause they dont want the rest of the bronze district players to leave.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Motorola said:

while making cars that arent hard to kill..

Which vehicles are you referring to, exactly?

9 hours ago, Motorola said:

Do you blame me for thinking this way? they buffed guns that dont need aim and nerfed guns that take skill to use while making cars that arent hard to kill IF YOU USE THE ALREADY AVAILABLE OPTIONS TO KILL THEM EVEN EASIER TO KILL...

their numbers are dropping hard and they refuse to get rid of the threat segregation... why? cause they dont want the rest of the bronze district players to leave.

G1 buffed a number of vehicles though, including the pio/espacio just after they buffed the alig. Buffing lesser used cars and reducing the life of a few already high life and buffed higher vehicles makes sense imo. Some of those previous vehicle buffs weren't needed.

Dear Motorola, most of the community is delusional as Little orbit listen to newbies instead of people who are actually good, every wrong step they take is checking out a few players from the population each time, soon we will be left with 30 players, i play a dead game (NFS: World) on a private server that has more people than APB just for the nostalgia, we truly are in a Dark era of APB, we are at an all time low and it will go down the hatch from now on, i must say the hype and the hope the community had from Little Orbit just vanished, i say it here and now R.I.P. APB: Reloaded.

Edited by ReaperTheButcher

You just cannot be gold in this game, at least in NA server. Everyday the districts for gold players are dead(i'm saying the silver district because its the only one who people plays), everyday i enter the game and cant play because ONLY the BRONZE district has players. I'm giving up to play this game, if ure a veteran player like me, the current state of the game is disapointing. The peak players of NA is 180-190 and 90% of that are in social or bronze district. When u can play a few missions, its the same people, over and over, the same district for 1 week, its boring. At least in EU u have everytime 2 different districts full, but i dont wanna play EU, i wanna play with low ping bro. Please someone save the game, i wanna play, but i cant.

16 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

most of the community is delusional as Little orbit listen to newbies instead of people who are actually good

While on the other hand people are saying LO only listens to the elitist. I am confident to say it's equal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

While on the other hand people are saying LO only listens to the elitist. I am confident to say it's equal. 

I'm confident to say it's neither and almost solely the SPCT + a few others.

I'm suuure that's only my own prejudice though, surely.

• Like 1

Nerf Ntec 5 + 7 and clotting agents!

Ok, i did my job now 💣💥

⚠️

No content no game...

They need to add more content AND make the engine upgrade at the same time, to keep the player base alive.

Edited by Todesklinge

1 hour ago, Todesklinge said:

No content no game...

They need to add more content AND make the engine upgrade at the same time, to keep the player base alive.

And they will.

2 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

Nerf Ntec 5 + 7 and clotting agents!

Ok, i did my job now 💣💥

⚠️

No content no game...

You are right!! I’m saying same thing!!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

almost solely the SPCT

bold of you to assume we agree on anything

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

bold of you to assume we agree on anything

Silly of you to imply I think you guys agree unanimously, I'm not foolish enough to believe it's all sunshine and rainbows. However, I do get the feeling that only your voices are being considered, regardless of whether or not you guys are in harmony. Not coming down on SPCT, but the community is so small and I feel as though the devs are consulting a fragment of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

I feel as though the devs are consulting a fragment of it.

ahh k I see what you mean now

• Thanks 1

Engine upgrade was much desired, but it was never the be-all-end-all of the game.  What the game needed most of all, was what made Innova such a high population success in comparison... actual GM in-game spectators and support who could by mere presence alone cut down on toxic, abusive or harassment or cheating behavior... because they had the tools and know-how to kick to the curb those people.  Since G1, and now LO this game has always had GM figureheads, in name only, utterly clueless, talking rated "G" shop with players in district with toxic, abusive chat blazing around them, players ghosting out of mission to block objectives helping their friends... in FRONT of GMs. APB never had a professional quality staff... with the one exception of Tiggs... and the reason she is so universally reviled by this community is precisely because she DID kick to the curb the cheaters and abusive toxics...

After LO came in, listening to the abusive toxics and their fan clubs... the undid every advance Tiggs brought to the game (with the exception of FF becoming a manual ban and therefore anyone could get banned)... but the advances Tiggs brought to the game was an attempt to make a more even playing field, if only G1 had helped by rerolling their stupid ruinous Threat Segregation patch...

But now... after so much unnecessary attrition for so long... because bronzes were placed as a special target in districts that bullies could dethreat into, unrestricted, permanently, to WTFPawn and exterminate the new and casual playerbase... NOW you cry that it's a dead game... and you killed it... and you cheered all the bad decisions that allowed it to be killed... and nothing.... not even an engine upgrade can bring it back... because a GAME in order to have any sort of competitiveness or appeal has to have a level and fair playing field.  Original RTW did this within the code, to give actual bronze players more numbers in compensation versus a stellar high gold.  Consequently, threats didn't have to be segregated.  

The ONLY thing that would save this game now... is something which LO probably can't do because the source code no longer exists... but... Restart original RTW APB, like G1 did... and invest in the 2 things most needed to keep the game fair... the great success that Innova had... 1. In-game GMS who can spectate for cheaters, and 2. a good working anticheat.

The shame of it all is that LO got on board attracting BACK the cheaters... once they actually put in place a working anticheat, years after the illicit players exterminated the legits... when the cheaters and macroers get kicked... there's no one left to play. 

• Like 4

On 8/25/2020 at 3:11 PM, DedGaem said:

Engine upgrade was much desired, but it was never the be-all-end-all of the game.  What the game needed most of all, was what made Innova such a high population success in comparison... actual GM in-game spectators and support who could by mere presence alone cut down on toxic, abusive or harassment or cheating behavior... because they had the tools and know-how to kick to the curb those people.  Since G1, and now LO this game has always had GM figureheads, in name only, utterly clueless, talking rated "G" shop with players in district with toxic, abusive chat blazing around them, players ghosting out of mission to block objectives helping their friends... in FRONT of GMs. APB never had a professional quality staff... with the one exception of Tiggs... and the reason she is so universally reviled by this community is precisely because she DID kick to the curb the cheaters and abusive toxics...

After LO came in, listening to the abusive toxics and their fan clubs... the undid every advance Tiggs brought to the game (with the exception of FF becoming a manual ban and therefore anyone could get banned)... but the advances Tiggs brought to the game was an attempt to make a more even playing field, if only G1 had helped by rerolling their stupid ruinous Threat Segregation patch...

But now... after so much unnecessary attrition for so long... because bronzes were placed as a special target in districts that bullies could dethreat into, unrestricted, permanently, to WTFPawn and exterminate the new and casual playerbase... NOW you cry that it's a dead game... and you killed it... and you cheered all the bad decisions that allowed it to be killed... and nothing.... not even an engine upgrade can bring it back... because a GAME in order to have any sort of competitiveness or appeal has to have a level and fair playing field.  Original RTW did this within the code, to give actual bronze players more numbers in compensation versus a stellar high gold.  Consequently, threats didn't have to be segregated.  

The ONLY thing that would save this game now... is something which LO probably can't do because the source code no longer exists... but... Restart original RTW APB, like G1 did... and invest in the 2 things most needed to keep the game fair... the great success that Innova had... 1. In-game GMS who can spectate for cheaters, and 2. a good working anticheat.

The shame of it all is that LO got on board attracting BACK the cheaters... once they actually put in place a working anticheat, years after the illicit players exterminated the legits... when the cheaters and macroers get kicked... there's no one left to play. 

Tiggs and G1 weren't angels by any stretch, and there was much they could improve upon, however one thing I will agree with, is that the playerbase on Jericho killed itself, and all the whiny competitive players don't want to admit that fighting a bunch of low ranks on the same level as you would a 4 man gold r255 stack is what helped do it in.

10 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

the whiny competitive players don't want to admit that fighting a bunch of low ranks on the same level as you would a 4 man gold r255 stack is what helped do it in

Is this a dethreater comment?

Or are you saying gold players in groups killed the game?

• Thanks 1

So long as there's enough players to keep missions and FC running, APB won't be truly dead. Try playing something like ArcheBlade and then come back to me about dead games.

• Thanks 1

On 8/25/2020 at 4:47 AM, EvaPooh said:

I'm confident to say it's neither and almost solely the SPCT + a few others.

I'm suuure that's only my own prejudice though, surely.

That's really not the case.

On 8/25/2020 at 5:37 PM, EvaPooh said:

Silly of you to imply I think you guys agree unanimously, I'm not foolish enough to believe it's all sunshine and rainbows. However, I do get the feeling that only your voices are being considered, regardless of whether or not you guys are in harmony. Not coming down on SPCT, but the community is so small and I feel as though the devs are consulting a fragment of it.

Again that's really not the case. Forums get read; notes and DMs all of it is being read.

It's just mainly about the % of how many people talk about said problem. If you only hear 1 or 2 voices you aren't going to change because of those either.

But I feel like APB has always had this issue where you cannot come to an agreement or people have vastly different views and opinions.

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Is this a dethreater comment?

Or are you saying gold players in groups killed the game?

One could easily argue both. Tho I wasn't talking about gold players in groups, simply players who treat newbies as vets and play the exact same and do the same dirty tricks to win against vets, to newbies. But if the boot fits... well the boot fits.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
quadruple copy?!
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

...play the exact same and do the same dirty tricks to win against vets, to newbies.

what dirty tricks do u talk about?

I only know game mechanics.

If u mean running with Items than i see more newbies than vets doin' this but fine it's just a game mechanic on purpose...

Or do u mean they use *insert any weapon* ?

Corner / cover-poppin' ? 

Nah thats also normal game mechanic... i don't know what u mean but why should someone not play APB as good as he can? 

Seems like u are one of those who want newbies to get carried... they will never improve if they don't stop crying and just play the freaking game.

Edit: I am stuck between silver and gold atm... so i'm not even very good 😉

Edited by HighSociety
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1