ntec

what you think about it gun?

Xs06WeF.pngrC3WWvXT9ve2jzT3VZDTU4XRPgRwDqkorIYCr0MB344798-gta-sa-2016-07-08-22-04-58-93.jpg

need a nerf?

Pls stop discussing this gun, for the love of Jesus/Allah/Celestia/Ur personal God, please, STOP!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It got me thinking how ridiculous this weapon was way before its 999 nerfs and introduction of weapon dropoff curve system.

One to rule them all.

• Like 1

Didn't need touched/reworked/adjusted the billion times over the past decade.

• Like 3

I don't like how they removed jumpshotting but other than that I think it is in a good state.

Only thing the N-TEC needs is it's original skin restored.

• Like 2

Posting on a guest account about a gun thats already been beaten into the ground? Seems like a troll post to me.

On the off chance this isn't a troll thread the ntec should be reverted pre-Rp weapon balancing.

• Like 3

Gun seems fine. They nerfed the cqc capabilities on it but left midrange intact, it's still heavily used but you see more obeyas, obirs, and fars/stars now than you used to. Which was the intent of the change anyways, so i have no real issue with it.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Gun seems fine. They nerfed the cqc capabilities on it but left midrange intact, it's still heavily used but you see more obeyas, obirs, and fars/stars now than you used to. Which was the intent of the change anyways, so i have no real issue with it.

If you think its heavily used you're beyond delusional. Its amazing how you can lie to yourself so blatantly. You're really so biased against the ntec its crazy to me. You're hurting this community more than anything. You need to really come to terms with that.

Why do you see more obeyas, obirs, etc. now? Hmm what could it be? Oh right the ntec has been gutted. Shocker how that works. You think thats healthy for the game? No. The ntec is not the cancer of this game as people such as you and the op like to make it out to be. Its the clown car of balance changes to weapons.

On top of that if you truly think there are more obeyas and obirs now compared to pmgs and shotguns you must be playing another game or something. The amount of people who used obir prior to any ntec change was very small. Just because of an ntec change isn't going to increase it by this margin you seem to be proposing.

Edited by RespectThis
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

You have no issues because you wanted it nerfed lol. The issue isn't the jump shotting, it's the terrible bloom feature it got. I've experienced it when I was playing and it makes it super inconsistent. Remember how you mentioned I wanted high skill high reward? There's no skill in RNG, Borus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Abduct / Devote said:

You have no issues because you wanted it nerfed lol. The issue isn't the jump shotting, it's the terrible bloom feature it got. I've experienced it when I was playing and it makes it super inconsistent. Remember how you mentioned I wanted high skill high reward? There's no skill in RNG, Borus. 

I would have to wholeheartedly disagree.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DRAGON2012 said:

I would have to wholeheartedly disagree.

Ok, go on? What's the issue with my statement? Go ahead, I'm waiting for actual discussion.

52 minutes ago, RespectThis said:

If you think its heavily used you're beyond delusional

at least 50 percent of people I have played against this past month had a n tec but it looked like more people than that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

at least 50 percent of people I have played against this past month had a n tec but it looked like more people than that.

Nice statistic, prove it. Last I played on NA, no one in missions aside from me used it cept for 2 of my teammates once, and that was in over 30 missions. May 25th.

Edited by Abduct / Devote

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Atleast 50% where do you come up with these numbers? So lets say you're playing on Jericho. So 50% of 40 people since the max district on NA is 1 action district. I highly doubt there are 20 people solely playing ntec.

Edited by RespectThis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Abduct / Devote said:

Nice statistic, prove it. Last I played on NA, no one in missions aside from me used it cept for 2 of my teammates once, and that was in over 30 missions. May 25th.

1 hour ago, RespectThis said:

Atleast 50% where do you come up with these numbers? So lets say you're playing on Jericho. So 50% of 40 people since the max district on NA is 1 action district. I highly doubt there are 20 people solely playing ntec.

I love how you two hear me say what I seen first hand the past month and the only thing coming from you two is to discredit me.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

literally all I said to share my personal experience and you two come off as to jump like that? lol whatever ya salty frags 🤣

39 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I love how you two hear me say what I seen first hand the past month and the only thing coming from you two is to discredit me.

literally all I said to share my personal experience and you two come off as to jump like that? lol whatever ya salty frags 🤣

Here it is again, the "salty" comment, but no substance. Not surprised coming from you. 🤷‍♂️ You guys wanted me to debate you in an ntec thread and you just pull BS from your butt again and again. Where are you fighting is a good start, and "at least 50%" seems very unlikely unless you're in fight club (which has ZERO basis for being a balancing stat check). I played in Financial and I can tell you out of 30 matches straight, I saw 2 ntecs, one being my own. I will say it was more common than the Norse guns, at least!

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

I still see a lot of ntecs, though there are fewer than there used to be, and other weapons have popped up. For a while there you'd end up going against full teams of 3-4 ntecs. You know, because it's balanced and all

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

They'll jump on anyone and anything they know supported reworking/nerfing the NTEC. Even when the change was necessary, because they can't imagine that a weapon that overperformed most other weapons in the same niche was actually imbalanced.

4 hours ago, Abduct / Devote said:

You seem to have the wrong idea consistently. I didn't like jump shooting, however I never called for jump shooting to be nerfed, in fact, while they were suggesting the said change in forums, I literally said I didn't think it was a good idea. (However, I won't complain about no longer getting corner jumped by a full auto spray either) So sorry not sorry.

The "bloom feature" was from G1 years ago, and it didn't really even touch the problem that the ntec had anyways. As I stated a billion times and you haven't gotten through your head, I wanted the bloom recovery nerfed to 4.0. But at the point of the nerf I was happy about any change happening.

Though G1's bloom change did make it a little more inconsistent, the weapon is consistent if you fire within the right tempo/rof. Keep calling it RNG if it makes you feel better. If you weren't firing it wrong it wouldn't be blooming so bad. And if g1's rework (it was litterally called a rework) hurt the weapon so much, it sure as hell wouldn't of been the number 1 AR afterwords for years.

4 hours ago, RespectThis said:

If you think its heavily used you're beyond delusional. Its amazing how you can lie to yourself so blatantly. You're really so biased against the ntec its crazy to me. You're hurting this community more than anything. You need to really come to terms with that.

Why do you see more obeyas, obirs, etc. now? Hmm what could it be? Oh right the ntec has been gutted. Shocker how that works. You think thats healthy for the game? No. The ntec is not the cancer of this game as people such as you and the op like to make it out to be. Its the clown car of balance changes to weapons.

On top of that if you truly think there are more obeyas and obirs now compared to pmgs and shotguns you must be playing another game or something. The amount of people who used obir prior to any ntec change was very small. Just because of an ntec change isn't going to increase it by this margin you seem to be proposing.

You mean the community that died because the cheaters, glitches, trash players, griefers, trolls, broken weapons, and tryhards scared away? Let me guess, I'm the "real" problem is because NTEC got nerfed. Keep calling me delusional, it's clear that you really are clueless.

Nerfing the NTEC was intentional to make it so that OTHER MIDRANGE WEAPONS would be used MORE OFTEN. The literal point was to nerf it so other midrange weapons could shine a little bit more. The OBEYA, OBIR, and such really don't need a buff (though obir could use its range back)

NTEC is still being used. I've still ran into teams with 2-3 of them in a group of 4, and I've played almost daily. Keep complaining and thinking that the NTEC was gutted. It wasn't. Is it good at cqc anymore? No, but that's the tradeoff of being good at midrange. It's not the "Jack of all trades" star.

I've seen a number of more obeyas than obirs. Even seen a few FARs as well. I still see plenty of NTECs, as for Shotguns and PMGs? Imagine that, two weapons that used to be heavily used until shotgun nerf, and PMG got forgotten because NTEC became overused. (I can't imagine why anyone would use NTEC over PMG if the NTEC was balanced hmmm....)

Yes, some people moved to the "pmg", you know, the CQC weapon that a ton of people have been calling a nerf for since it got overbuffed in 2013. But hey, best complain about the ntec nerf because NTEC kept it in check right?

You think that it was balanced? You play the same game I did right? No of course you did, you just didn't care. You wanted your meta gun that was good at everything with no downsides.

If you bothered to open your eyes you'd have realized the problems the NTEC's state was causing. But instead you'd rather complain about players having more midrange "options" than just ntec.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I still see a lot of ntecs, though there are fewer than there used to be, and other weapons have popped up. For a while there you'd end up going against full teams of 3-4 ntecs. You know, because it's balanced and all

They'll jump on anyone and anything they know supported reworking/nerfing the NTEC. Even when the change was necessary, because they can't imagine that a weapon that overperformed most other weapons in the same niche was actually imbalanced.

You seem to have the wrong idea consistently. I didn't like jump shooting, however I never called for jump shooting to be nerfed, in fact, while they were suggesting the said change in forums, I literally said I didn't think it was a good idea. (However, I won't complain about no longer getting corner jumped by a full auto spray either) So sorry not sorry.

The "bloom feature" was from G1 years ago, and it didn't really even touch the problem that the ntec had anyways. As I stated a billion times and you haven't gotten through your head, I wanted the bloom recovery nerfed to 4.0. But at the point of the nerf I was happy about any change happening.

Though G1's bloom change did make it a little more inconsistent, the weapon is consistent if you fire within the right tempo/rof. Keep calling it RNG if it makes you feel better. If you weren't firing it wrong it wouldn't be blooming so bad. And if g1's rework (it was litterally called a rework) hurt the weapon so much, it sure as hell wouldn't of been the number 1 AR afterwords for years.

You mean the community that died because the cheaters, glitches, trash players, griefers, trolls, broken weapons, and tryhards scared away? Let me guess, I'm the "real" problem is because NTEC got nerfed. Keep calling me delusional, it's clear that you really are clueless.

Nerfing the NTEC was intentional to make it so that OTHER MIDRANGE WEAPONS would be used MORE OFTEN. The literal point was to nerf it so other midrange weapons could shine a little bit more. The OBEYA, OBIR, and such really don't need a buff (though obir could use its range back)

NTEC is still being used. I've still ran into teams with 2-3 of them in a group of 4, and I've played almost daily. Keep complaining and thinking that the NTEC was gutted. It wasn't. Is it good at cqc anymore? No, but that's the tradeoff of being good at midrange. It's not the "Jack of all trades" star.

I've seen a number of more obeyas than obirs. Even seen a few FARs as well. I still see plenty of NTECs, as for Shotguns and PMGs? Imagine that, two weapons that used to be heavily used until shotgun nerf, and PMG got forgotten because NTEC became overused. (I can't imagine why anyone would use NTEC over PMG if the NTEC was balanced hmmm....)

Yes, some people moved to the "pmg", you know, the CQC weapon that a ton of people have been calling a nerf for since it got overbuffed in 2013. But hey, best complain about the ntec nerf because NTEC kept it in check right?

You think that it was balanced? You play the same game I did right? No of course you did, you just didn't care. You wanted your meta gun that was good at everything with no downsides.

If you bothered to open your eyes you'd have realized the problems the NTEC's state was causing. But instead you'd rather complain about players having more midrange "options" than just ntec.

Yeah I'm going to stop your tirade for a sec with my own. You have a vendetta against the Ntec, don't pretend you didn't. I played back to back days for almost a week recently, and lo and behold the only place I could find Ntec at least being used once or twice was fight club. 

There's a new bloom problem with the ntec NOW, that wasn't in BEFORE. I know because it definitely didn't exist before lol. So no, you're wrong. I'm not the only one who's seen this issue, and you're really grasping for straws. You say I'VE been having the wrong idea consistently? You mentioned in another thread how the ATAC was buffed 1 month after release and you seemed to have misremembered. You're saying that the cheaters/glitches are the problem with the game with that implications, and the "tryhards." There is a huge culmination of issues with this game, and I can tell you the cheater paranoia is one of them. I'm NOT claiming there were no cheaters, just there's always a golden rule: Less than you think, more than you'd like. "Tryhards" didn't kill the game for me. Poor balancing (I'm looking at you mission districts), lack of true content and dethreating. How did dethreating affect me? Well, because people hide in lower tier districts than they should be in, in order to kill newer people or people less skilled. They don't do that to have fun, they do it to win consistently. 

The Ntec can be "used" but that does NOT make it fine. That is NOT a justification for the changes, and it WASN'T just the jump shotting that was nerfed, you can leave that out idrc. I'd obviously prefer a full revert but regardless, at least fix the bloom. It kills the consistency and the tap firing the gun was made to do. 

I don't really like giving guns new gimmicks or killing core mechanics, it's truly disgusting to me that balancing is done like that now, or at least thought of. Borus you claimed to be casual and not care about winning or losing, so tell me why on earth should anyone that admits to being like that have any say in balancing? You clearly disqualify yourself from that... 

I still love how you keep trying to put down Respect by saying "u just wanted ur meta gun" when all he wanted was his gun to work as intended (which was prior to the nerfs). The hb2 nerf was the only one I was ok with, because that mod was a crutch (you should know very well). Your argument is flawed when we were both very versatile with our gun choices, I used marksman the most and he just so happened to like the Ntec. Just because the gun was versatile, doesn't mean it's broken. I wonder why the HVR is so much more prevalant... oh because the nerf wasn't to the damage and its still very strong wow 🙂

I want to point out that people that dethreat avoid playing people in the silver district to go and bully lower skilled/new players, just to win. They want to win so badly they'll go out of their way to do so. That's a huge reason why new players are gonna get demotivated to continue on. 

Edited by Abduct / Devote
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

By "jump" you mean state my opinion. Sorry if you feel attacked by my opinion.

Keep calling you delusional? I've said it once. No i don't think you're the only problem with apb. I also stated that its people like you and the op constant threads like these. Honestly i don't think cheaters were even close to the biggest issue with apb. The top issues are by far people dethreating, hit registry, and the weapon balancing. 

I understand nerfing the ntec was to make other AR's more viable. But how they went about doing it was wrong and unjustified.

Just because its still being used doesn't justify the changes to it. I know you play on jericho and i know the player count on there is extremely low. Chances of you going against the same people is more likely than not. You keep bringing up the cqc. When the issue is the recovery of bloom and the increased bloom. Because it hinders that weapon from what it is suppose to be.

The pmg was forgotten in what sense? The sense that YOU and others want it nerfed? Ya see thats the problem. No one wants to continue playing a game where its nerf this nerf that. The pmg has never been an issue. It was just annoying. Struggling against the pmg is a player skill issue if anything. Plenty of people still used the oca over it along with the whisper and other smg varients. 

Never said the ntec keeps the pmg in check. Funny you love to assume these things. Not just some people moved to it. A LOT of people did. I've been playing the past few weeks and the amount of pmgs and percs is pretty unimaginable. Not that i particularly care that people are using it nor does it change my feeling about how "op" it is.

Yes i do think it was balanced borus. Yes i did play the same game as you. You were that honey dipped gold who abused quick switching to level up your sniper role. You're the guy who wants more sportsmanship yet will ride the quickswitching train because you felt it was necessary. Nothing wrong with using something in the meta by the way. I can easily admit the ntec was meta. Doesn't make it broken or unbalanced. I've already said i didn't care if they nerfed its cqc capability a bit. I didn't have an issue with that. Also i mained obeya for the longest time before ever touching the ntec and i can tell you i never ONCE felt like i was being outmatched by the ntec.

Funny you think i'm "complaining" about other people having other options. I've literally stated they should have been buffing other AR's for quite sometime.

My eyes are wide open borus. You yourself stated that you haven't cared about winning for a long time and you'd rather help teach the new players how to play. There is no issue with that but what you don't get is that if you don't care about winning your view on weapon balancing isn't at the level where competitive players are. Thats the issue. APB isn't GTA a game about buying all this materialistic stuff. Its about winning pvp matches. The reward is beating the other team. You realize PvP games are balanced around the pro scene. Not that APB is a E-Sport but you get my point. The people who stick with the game the longest, who dish out money for in-game things, suggest are the vets and the people who play to win. Not little johnny or timmy who log in, play 3 misisons, get stepped on by people playing their heart out, and rage quitting. So yeah. Believe it or not my eyes are open buddy.

Edited by RespectThis

3 hours ago, Abduct / Devote said:

Here it is again, the "salty" comment, but no substance. Not surprised coming from you. 🤷‍♂️ You guys wanted me to debate you in an ntec thread and you just pull BS from your butt again and again. Where are you fighting is a good start, and "at least 50%" seems very unlikely unless you're in fight club (which has ZERO basis for being a balancing stat check). I played in Financial and I can tell you out of 30 matches straight, I saw 2 ntecs, one being my own. I will say it was more common than the Norse guns, at least!

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

5 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

The key words would be " people I have played against " , and at no time did it say all of APB is at least 50 percent n tec.

The comments you posted on me were calling me bs , but all i did was say again what i had already said , which was the "substance" of my personal experience this past month , and at no time said it was all of APB.

12 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

The key words would be " people I have played against " , and at no time did it say all of APB is at least 50 percent n tec.

The comments you posted on me were calling me bs , but all i did was say again what i had already said , which was the "substance" of my personal experience this past month , and at no time said it was all of APB.

"Past month, game with a small population." I'm sorry but you claimed that at LEAST 50% of the opp you fought over a month was using ntec. Again, I'm going to call out this bs. You're gonna have to prove that one buddy, don't try to hit reverse and back out now. There's no substance for anything you've said, you obviously didn't get my point but that's ok, I'm not truly surprised when it comes to you. 

"Past month, game with a small population." I'm sorry but you claimed that at LEAST 50% of the opp you fought over a month was using ntec.

yes I did , and?  It's just my personal experience I  had. so what?

Again, I'm going to call out this bs. You're gonna have to prove that one buddy, don't try to hit reverse and back out now. There's no substance for anything you've said, you obviously didn't get my point but that's ok, I'm not truly surprised when it comes to you. 

Saying my personal experience is to have substance of my own personal experience. what does it have to do with you?

Whether you believe me or not that I went through that is on you , not me.

One single statement to share personal experience and you jump all salty on me which is why i posted this second statement :

5 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

you are unwarranted on your behavior.

7 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

literally all i said that i went through.  no idea what you are going off for but whatever.

3 hours ago, RespectThis said:

Just because its still being used doesn't justify the changes to it. I know you play on jericho and i know the player count on there is extremely low. Chances of you going against the same people is more likely than not. You keep bringing up the cqc. When the issue is the recovery of bloom and the increased bloom. Because it hinders that weapon from what it is suppose to be.

If you fire the NTEC at ~.19 or 1.14ttk interval you will fire the ntec with perfect accuracy at range (that'll never happen without a macro). My issue with it for the longest time was bloom recovery and TTK. I wanted it to be at 4.0 rather than the current 5.0 for recovery, and a ttk of .75 same as star. I thought that would balance it. CQC came up because that's what "others" and suggested, and what LO had went with, though a direct TTK change similar to star would have done the trick. I myself didn't really care for LOs CQC nerfs, but figured that if they'll never touch the bloom recovery, and settled for welp, i guess the cqc changes are "enough". The weapon is supposed to be effective midrange. Midrange weapons like the obir, obeya, and ntec have similar ttks at range when you account for human error. However, in comparison to other AR's, there's a reason why NTEC outshines them drastically because of bloom recovery. Star and far have 3.5, obeya has 2.27, NTEC has 5.0.

I personally had little complaint about the CQC aspect of the NTEC, though I did find jumpshooting somewhat dumb with it and it could do well against other cqc weapons, i didn't find it too overpowering in cqc otherwise. I would have been happy with a jump shooting nerf along with reduced bloom recovery. But again, that didn't happen, so I settled with what they did, though I did say I didn't feel it was the right way to go about it initially. I just shut up about it and figured i might as well be happy they bothered to do anything.

3 hours ago, RespectThis said:

The pmg was forgotten in what sense? The sense that YOU and others want it nerfed? Ya see thats the problem. No one wants to continue playing a game where its nerf this nerf that. The pmg has never been an issue. It was just annoying. Struggling against the pmg is a player skill issue if anything. Plenty of people still used the oca over it along with the whisper and other smg varients.

PMG was forgotten in the sense that almost no one used it because they all switched to NTEC. They also stopped mentioning it in nerf threads despite what used to be almost monthly threads on it.

PMG was overbuffed in 2013. I know that, I used to use it prebuff. I even suggested on forums that it get buffed because the OCA was in a much better state (believe it or not i did want the original PMG buffed and never called to nerf the oca until they unnecessarily buffed it, in which i said revert it back to prebuff).

After the buff it became too strong so i primarily used OCA instead and stuck with it and shotguns. It's not hard to struggle against a PMG, PMG has higher damage in comparison to the OCA. Most of the time I get tagged 2-3 hits with a pmg, think i can peak 5cm from the corner to finish a kill and die before i can blink because god knows why lol. OCA doesn't do that, the damage scales less harsh from OCA so even thinking of peaking is safer.

"Plenty of people still use OCA" but go anywhere and you'll see far more PMGs, again, it got overbuffed. I don't want it hard nerfed, even if it's used a little more than OCA afterwords i'd be fine, however I feel they overbuffed it initially, and have stuck by that since 2013. Tap its range, crouch accuracy, or something slightly.

pmg perc used to be the big thing several years ago as well, so nothing really changed on that end. Same ol' same ol'

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1