Sign in to follow this  
Boba

Would you like to have weekly activies back in APB?

Would you like to have the weekly activities back in APB?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have those weekly activities that we had in the days of (ehmm..) G1, where you used to do a certain set of objectives and you'd get in return a Joker Tickets/skin/cash/JMBs/etc..? It made me always come back for APB..

• Yes
    • No
    • An alternative. If so, please comment what's that.

Would you like to have those weekly activities that we had in the days of (ehmm..) G1, where you used to do a certain set of objectives and you'd get in return a Joker Tickets/skin/cash/JMBs/etc..? It made me always come back for APB..

Let us know your opinion about them.

Edited by Boba
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Why not, i wish we can have back also Refer A Friend and Gifting systems.

Many things got removed but i want them back, of course reworked, because if they got removed there is a reason behind that.

Maybe something similar but with more development effort put into it?

I don't know honestly.

We will see anyway, but i wish we could also have a more useful "vote" system to suggest or put a signature to let the company know which thigns we wish and want and which not.

• Like 4

We are working towards this actually. The first part of this process is figuring out why the events were stopped in the first place. Were they stopped because they broke, or were they stopped because it was an additional system that needed upkeep? Considering the sheer amount of content that these events could hold, its going to be a process that takes some time to fully QA but our intention is to bring this system back.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, Selali said:

We are working towards this actually. The first part of this process is figuring out why the events were stopped in the first place. Were they stopped because they broke, or were they stopped because it was an additional system that needed upkeep? Considering the sheer amount of content that these events could hold, its going to be a process that takes some time to fully QA but our intention is to bring this system back.

Been a long while, but I believe part of it was that the guns themselves were outdated. Plus adding in new rewards took a good chunk of time. Assuming we are talking about the original fight club weeklies. Where you'd earn unlocks to lease guns and the likes. Don't believe the systems for it were broken.

It was one of those things where they simply migrated towards a different means of providing content, I think?

I could be horribly mistaken. Been ages since I was involved in any meaningful capacity with anything APB:R. Let alone the last time I really thought about it.

These were going in the summer of 2016, and honestly, it's a major reason I ever got back into the game. They'd be nice to see again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

Why not, i wish we can have back also Refer A Friend and Gifting systems.

the old refer a friend system was broken so no to that one.

if a new refer a friend system was made that was not grossly exploitable like before then yes

36 minutes ago, Genobee said:

Been a long while, but I believe part of it was that the guns themselves were outdated. Plus adding in new rewards took a good chunk of time. Assuming we are talking about the original fight club weeklies. Where you'd earn unlocks to lease guns and the likes. Don't believe the systems for it were broken.

It was one of those things where they simply migrated towards a different means of providing content, I think?

I could be horribly mistaken. Been ages since I was involved in any meaningful capacity with anything APB:R. Let alone the last time I really thought about it.

This is all referring to the ARMAS activities we used to have.  It's something that needs to come back really, give people something to do.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

This is all referring to the ARMAS activities we used to have.  It's something that needs to come back really, give people something to do.

Yea, I am specifically referring to the ARMAS daily/weekly activity system. It used to be on a page that popped up when you first logged in and was something that you could track either on the web or through the web browser in game. It was something that we were looking at bringing back but am working on setting up a way that QA can test it. Hopefully, if the system still works and doesnt require development time, its something that we can bring out, at least as a trial run in the coming weeks.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Selali said:

Yea, I am specifically referring to the ARMAS daily/weekly activity system. It used to be on a page that popped up when you first logged in and was something that you could track either on the web or through the web browser in game. It was something that we were looking at bringing back but am working on setting up a way that QA can test it. Hopefully, if the system still works and doesnt require development time, its something that we can bring out, at least as a trial run in the coming weeks.

I like this information.  It's Rak approved even.

58 minutes ago, Selali said:

Niice!

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

the old refer a friend system was broken so no to that one.

if a new refer a friend system was made that was not grossly exploitable like before then yes

Yea, the old one no, reworked yes

iirc the system was rather inconsistent with tracking progress or something, but the daily/weekly mechanic itself was a pretty nice addition 

4 hours ago, Boba said:

Would you like to have those weekly activities that we had in the days of (ehmm..) G1, where you used to do a certain set of objectives and you'd get in return a Joker Tickets/skin/cash/JMBs/etc..? It made me always come back for APB..

Let us know your opinion about them.

If this can come to console I would be happy.  People would be coming back more.

could be nice have all unlocked daily activityes available to be done.

in a single mission gains more than one (without the need of choose it before) 

example:

1. complete 1 mission
  2. kill 5 enemy
  3. spawn 3 team mates in car. 
  4. other

this could be easy done in 1 stage .

also  just display in hud the activities just when is trigged,as many games do. (for avoid a carpet of daily counters)

is frustating have to complete them one at time for mission (10-20minutes).

this auto activation could be a nice quality of life improvement. 

• Like 1

honestly no.

The population is not large enough for me to get in any time I wish since there is only one district available to gold players.  So no, I wouldn't like to see shiny new weekly rewards that I can't obtain.

One thing; Leagues and tracking of most stolen cars in a week ect, most kills  ect. 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Make the rewards go to the new account instead of the old.

1 hour ago, illgot said:

honestly no.

The population is not large enough for me to get in any time I wish since there is only one district available to gold players.  So no, I wouldn't like to see shiny new weekly rewards that I can't obtain.

I can't get it, so f*** everybody else. Nice.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Selali said:

If i remember correctly, it had issues like not giving rewards properly and sometimes it wouldn't track kills at all.

Why not just modify the daily contact activities and add more rewards to fight clubs?

Edited by Mystical

Yes more inventory space please.

Also the homepage was cool, I liked the idea of having daily/weekly stats.

14 hours ago, Selali said:

That's one of the best pieces of news I've heard about APB in a long time..

5 hours ago, illgot said:

honestly no.

I don't get the point of this to be honest. This events' main purpose is to give people reason to come back to the game; therefore, allowing you to find people to do those missions with.

Your analogy of "If I can't get it, no one should" is just wrong in so many ways I have no energy/time to elaborate. I hope you understand my point though.

• Like 1

Wasn't one of the events related to getting so many team kills? Or am I thinking of a different event.

Either way, that challenge was wack.

15 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

Wasn't one of the events related to getting so many team kills? Or am I thinking of a different event.

Either way, that challenge was wack.

yeah it was get some team kills and u earn Bullshark and FFA R&D III JMBs. The reward was nice, but the objective was stupid.

Sign in to follow this