Jump to content
blockblack

What weapon should I use to get good in my case?

Recommended Posts

So I am currently living in the middle east (Egypt to be exact) and I am having a ping of 75~100 ms almost all the time in citadel, the bright side though is that I am getting over 95 FPS on my PC, but my monitor is only 60 Hz, so I also suffer from ghosting...

 

My skill level is... it's kinda average, I play in bronze well, but suffer against dethreaters and cheaters, and when I become gold and have to enter silver servers I get screwed by Pros, sometimes it ends up well when my team is being helpful but that rarely happens in APB... So most of the time in silver servers I get like 3 kills 8 deaths... And my Aim is not the best, my aim improves really slowly, I play APB since a while and my aim is still not so good... so for example if I fire 30 shots at a moving enemy 18 out of these 30 shots will actually hit the enemy...

 

So What weapon should I use and practice with full-time to actually become a good player and actually be able to play well?

 

Merged.

 

Will anyone actually give me an advice instead of just disliking the topic?

Edited by blockblack
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't tried everything but I would say that the shotguns and pmg are pretty forgiving at close range and atac is very easy to use since it doesn't lose accuracy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ideally you want to have a setup thats comfortable for close range, mid range, and long rage

 

easiest short range weapons are probably the OCA and PMG (NFAS as well but who knows for how long)

 

mid range I would suggest the ntec if you are willing to learn to tap fire, ATAC if you just wanna hold down mouse 1

 

long range take your pick, HVR obviously deals massive damage, but it leaves you vulnerable in closer engagements.

I personally find the cr762 and Obir good enough for the vast majority of engagements

 

as far as improving your gameplay:

 

aim is important in APB... its a shooter so that's obvious

what isnt so obvious is that positioning and prediction are just as important... so basically if you lack in one area (aim) you want to try to improve the others to compensate

always try to think WHERE your opp will be waiting or from WHERE they are attacking... the less often you are surprised, the more likely you will get the first shots off, the more likely you will win the engagement

 

a good starting point for getting the larger image of a mission is learning when to disengage... you DONT have to fight every fight to the death, if the fight isnt in your favor, dip out

GRENADES!!! always use your grenades, start to think "if I die with my nades I dun goofed"

 

DONT just - spawn rush spawn rush spawn rush-

always regroup, always try to fight as a group even if playing with randos

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

ideally you want to have a setup thats comfortable for close range, mid range, and long rage

 

easiest short range weapons are probably the OCA and PMG (NFAS as well but who knows for how long)

 

mid range I would suggest the ntec if you are willing to learn to tap fire, ATAC if you just wanna hold down mouse 1

 

long range take your pick, HVR obviously deals massive damage, but it leaves you vulnerable in closer engagements.

I personally find the cr762 and Obir good enough for the vast majority of engagements

 

as far as improving your gameplay:

 

aim is important in APB... its a shooter so that's obvious

what isnt so obvious is that positioning and prediction are just as important... so basically if you lack in one area (aim) you want to try to improve the others to compensate

always try to think WHERE your opp will be waiting or from WHERE they are attacking... the less often you are surprised, the more likely you will get the first shots off, the more likely you will win the engagement

 

a good starting point for getting the larger image of a mission is learning when to disengage... you DONT have to fight every fight to the death, if the fight isnt in your favor, dip out

GRENADES!!! always use your grenades, start to think "if I die with my nades I dun goofed"

 

DONT just - spawn rush spawn rush spawn rush-

always regroup, always try to fight as a group even if playing with randos

 

 

I am using JG, is it good enough? should I start learning how to use it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the guns I like the most and I usually recommend to try first to anyone willing to learn some basics are:

 

Carbine - Ntec - Obeya. And their respective variants. I recommend these because of their versatility and the very little difficulty to use.

 

Carbine might feel hard at first because its crosshair minimum bloom could looks a little big so is easy to lose the center of the screen at a few shots for most of the new players. What I like of it is its versatility in regards of fire rate and close to mid range. Being semi-automatic you can stop firing it with more accuracy when you need to correct your aiming at tracking enemies. It doesn't necessarily covers high-mid ranges very well unless you tap it really slowly but it can outrange SMGs and Shotguns pretty well once you learn its effective range.

 

The trick; tap it as fast as you can within its time to recover (the time it takes the bloom to recover to its minimal position after firing it) and aim to the hips or even better to the feet if you can.

 


Ntec will cover mid range very well while also many times it will allow you to get out of some close quarter combat situations, the problem with the latency is that other players could get that slight advantage of 0.05 to 0.15 seconds over its current ~0.68 seconds to kill on a perfect scenario, that doesn't mean it is always like this but the fact that you'll notice low latency players can kill you faster with the same weapon you have will eventually push your fire ratios to the limit which could lead you to surpass its time to recover making your crosshair bloom too much which makes it lose its accuracy almost completely while also makes the crosshair take longer to recover.

 

The trick; keep calm, don't get nervous and always keep your taping under control.

 

 

 

Obeya is a wonderful long range weapon that will allow you to take down most of your opposition before they get in range with most of the weapons, with exception of other long rifles ofc, but as long as you learn some good spots to stop your opposition before they reach a good cover you will find the stop power of the Obeya is assassin. The cons are that you can run out of ammo soon if you camp too much.

 

The trick; land the 5 shots it takes to kill and move, switching positions between good coverage spots at long ranges will give you the advantage you need with it.

 

 

I'm describing just what I consider the very basics of some of the most common and accessible weapons of the game but also I think these can help you to learn and dominate the core mechanic of the game which consist of the crosshair bloom times and speed to expand and recover as same as the different ranges and tactics for these three basic weapon classes.

Other than that, as someone said, there are guns that will let you at a disadvantage in different ranges and weapons that could feel more easy to use but might be detrimental of your abilities at a wider range of situations.

Last but not least, always remember that whichever mods you'd like to use these will have a negative impact along with their advantages, so make sure you're using the correct mods for the weapon and the situation you expect to face according to your style.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

depends on what you mean by "good player" and "playing well"

 

if you just want low effort mission wins, grab a pmg and never leave your pioneer unless you're 100% certain of getting a kill

 

if you want to be as technically skilled at apb as possible i don't really think there's a specific gun for that, it mostly comes down to game knowledge and teamwork/tactics - it definitely doesn't hurt to know how every gun functions tho, so pick one to start with and work your way through all of them until you have at least a rough sense of their stats

 

 

Edited by Solamente
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone suggesting using certain weapons, when really you should be switching it up and changing as much as possible to learn and build that muscle memory.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

when really you should be switching it up and changing as much as possible

Why woudl anyone do that in an ntec meta? Once upon a time there was indeed a need to switch but right now, it doesn't seems so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would suggest if you want to practice aiming then go back to basics: Using a joker carbine for practicing with hip firing. Although it is the meta, I would suggest a ntec to practice automatic fire and marksmanship because it's a good average baseline.

 

9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Everyone suggesting using certain weapons, when really you should be switching it up and changing as much as possible to learn and build that muscle memory.

That's actually a very good shout.

 

28 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Why woudl anyone do that in an ntec meta? Once upon a time there was indeed a need to switch but right now, it doesn't seems so.

If you just want to be average or good then just do what ever the meta is or just do something cheesey like PMG.

To improve you got to come out of your comfort zone from time to time, the game's meta changes with new mods, new guns, weapon rebalances... Everyone has a proffered play style but you got to be able to adapt to different scenarios.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VickyFox said:

If you just want to be average or good then just do what ever the meta is or just do something cheesey like PMG.

To improve you got to come out of your comfort zone from time to time, the game's meta changes with new mods, new guns, weapon rebalances... Everyone has a proffered play style but you got to be able to adapt to different scenarios.

My point is that is less of a necessity nowadays considering as you said you can just cheese your way.

 

I don't even remember the last time I needed to use a sniper for example. Sure, I can pick one for the sake of practicing but there is no real urge to be like "oh this situation requires sniper so i need to switch to one".

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, blockblack said:

So I am currently living in the middle east (Egypt to be exact) and I am having a ping of 75~100 ms almost all the time in citadel, the bright side though is that I am getting over 175 FPS on my PC, but my monitor is only 60 Hz, so I also suffer from ghosting...

 

My skill level is... it's kinda average, I play in bronze well, but suffer against dethreaters and cheaters, and when I become gold and have to enter silver servers I get screwed by Pros, sometimes it ends up well when my team is being helpful but that rarely happens in APB... So most of the time in silver servers I get like 3 kills 8 deaths... And my Aim is not the best, my aim improves really slowly, I play APB since a while and my aim is still not so good... so for example if I fire 30 shots at a moving enemy 18 out of these 30 shots will actually hit the enemy...

 

So What weapon should I use and practice with full-time to actually become a good player and actually be able to play well?

 

Merged.

 

Will anyone actually give me an advice instead of just disliking the topic?

i know the struggle ... thats all i can say .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

Why woudl anyone do that in an ntec meta? Once upon a time there was indeed a need to switch but right now, it doesn't seems so.

Because the ntec only beats other weapons within its niche. Outside of it, the weapon is outperformed.

Just like any other weapon.

This is how games are made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Because the ntec only beats other weapons within its niche.

Its "niche" is pretty much 80% of the time right now. The other 20% goes to shotguns and pmg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ntec is life , buy the ursus if you are unable to and you have 2 mods , 3point sling and IR3 is great. if you have 3 mods IR3, HS3 (HS2 if you are playing against closer ranged weapons) and 3point sling

 

3point sling is life and any action you do your main weapon comes into your hands faster than anyone. Opening doors, tossing grenades, any action were your gun leaves your hands and this is an advantage 

Forget your aim, the game is cover based anyway. If you position yourself with better cover than your enemy you will win every time once you get a feel for what to do when they decide to either leave their cover for "better" or try and "push" you. Don't let obeys bully you or HVrs never try to shot for shot them long range you will loose each time. keep it inside your 3rd ring in your radar if at all possible. Look at its stats and get a feel for the drop off and how far away it is, know how far you can land a nade on someone this will help you kill longer ranged weapons.

 

Cj2 , RS1 and 3point sling if you wanna play close without IR3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Its "niche" is pretty much 80% of the time right now. The other 20% goes to shotguns and pmg.

Im sorry what?

ZQCxbRp.gif

 

 

 

(words added for whichever modsquad doesn't understand the rules)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

My point is that is less of a necessity nowadays considering as you said you can just cheese your way.

 

I don't even remember the last time I needed to use a sniper for example. Sure, I can pick one for the sake of practicing but there is no real urge to be like "oh this situation requires sniper so i need to switch to one".

 

3 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

Its "niche" is pretty much 80% of the time right now. The other 20% goes to shotguns and pmg.

 

The ntec is a guns that's jack of all trades and master of none. It may be meta but when everyone else does it, then it's average but it's your prerogative.

OP asked how to improve, No one can fault them for that.

Edited by VickyFox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

Why woudl anyone do that in an ntec meta? Once upon a time there was indeed a need to switch but right now, it doesn't seems so.

The NTEC meta is a thing not because of the NTEC but the extended variables surrounding it. The NTEC is the only other easily and freely obtainable AR besides the STAR which has the stigma of being bad because it is a starter weapon despite actually being really good. Every other AR is either in a certain niche or not easily obtainable for the average player, or both. 

 

And he wants to get better as a player, playing the meta is not the way you do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The NTEC meta is a thing not because of the NTEC but the extended variables surrounding it. The NTEC is the only other easily and freely obtainable AR besides the STAR which has the stigma of being bad because it is a starter weapon despite actually being really good. Every other AR is either in a certain niche or not easily obtainable for the average player, or both. 

Yes, I am aware of this. That is what actually seals it as a meta weapon.

 

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

And he wants to get better as a player

 

14 hours ago, VickyFox said:

OP asked how to improve

He asked what weapon woudl work for him. My answer to that is: use whatever makes you efficient and what you are comfortable playing with. 

Note that I didn't even mention ntec in my first post. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

 

He asked what weapon woudl work for him. My answer to that is: use whatever makes you efficient and what you are comfortable playing with. 

Note that I didn't even mention ntec in my first post. 

 

He asked what weapon to use to become a good player/improve. And we told him he won't be able to do that with one weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry everyone, when I posted this topic I thought my FPS was 175, turns out my memory is messed up, it was actually 95 FPS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ATAC är rätt bra om du inte vet hur man hanterar rekylen på NTEC. Annars kan du prova ett lite dyrare alternativ och köra på en Condor. Båda är rätt bra faktiskt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Amberwind said:

ATAC är rätt bra om du inte vet hur man hanterar rekylen på NTEC. Annars kan du prova ett lite dyrare alternativ och köra på en Condor. Båda är rätt bra faktiskt.

can you re-post that but in English? and can you please make the font smaller?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...