Sign in to follow this  
Darkzero3802

Nutcracker Muzzle Flash

The blue muzzle flash from the nutcracker weapon skin doesnt work on some of the weapons in game like the VAS-C2 Troublemaker and the OCA whisper, to name afew. Might want to go through the weapons and see which work and which need fixing.

i thought not having muzzle flash was a silencer mod effect?

i noticed this on the oca-sd too, the thing thats broken is muzzle flash showing up on guns that aren't supposed to have it

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Solamente said:

were there tracers in game?  I thought it was more to eliminate tracers.

ITS ALMOST LIKE THE SILENCER REMOVES MUZZLE FLASH.

AMAZING.

Weapon silencers can sometimes be inconsistent with how it handles muzzle flashes.

Mostly the hvr series of snipers will seemingly remove the flash entirely, while some other weapons will reduce the size of the flash.

Whether or not this muzzle flash behaviour is what you're referring to, here's a list of some weapons that don't change their muzzle flash colour with the Nutcracker skin

Un-Silenced Weapons

OSCAR
STAC 10
STAC 10 Tactical
Obeya CR762
OBIR

Silenced Weapons

CBMP-45 'Arrow'
Colby PMG-SD 28 (Normal | Skinned)
OCA-EW 626 'Whisper' (Normal | Skinned)
OCA-EW 626-SD
VAS-R2 'Crown'
VAS-C2 'Trouble Maker' (Normal | Skinned)
FR0G 'Rocket'
Joker RFP-9 'Talon' (Normal | Skinned)
Obeya FBW-SD

And as a bonus,
Weapons with both Silencer and large muzzle flash

ISSR-B 'Dog Ear'
PSR 'Osprey'
VBR 'Temptress' (Normal | Skinned)

The modifications only mention reducing muzzle flash, not outright removing it.

znLkK6T.png

Edited by Roxl
Spacing
  • Thanks 1

This was an intended design choice, to have weapons that have silencers to not have the muzzle flash. 

10 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Carbine, Oscar, Obir, Obeya are all weapons that it doesn't work on as well.

I agree that there are weapons that the muzzle flash doesnt work as well on, single shot and slower firing weapons are on that list. We wanted to do something that was different than just a color swap on the muzzle flash knowing that there were some weapons that it would not work as well on.

12 hours ago, dr0zone said:

i noticed this on the oca-sd too, the thing thats broken is muzzle flash showing up on guns that aren't supposed to have it

For instance? We can look at fixing anything that is actually broken with the muzzle flashes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, illgot said:

were there tracers in game?  I thought it was more to eliminate tracers.

yes, there used to be tracers, and we should be getting them back once the engine upgrade hits

4 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Cmon bro. You're smarter than this.

5 hours ago, Alani said:

ITS ALMOST LIKE THE SILENCER REMOVES MUZZLE FLASH.

AMAZING.

13 hours ago, Solamente said:

silencers only reduce flare, they dont remove it.

also the issue seems to be that on some weapons, the flares aren't blue like they're supposed to be.

10 hours ago, Selali said:

This was an intended design choice, to have weapons that have silencers to not have the muzzle flash. 

I agree that there are weapons that the muzzle flash doesnt work as well on, single shot and slower firing weapons are on that list. We wanted to do something that was different than just a color swap on the muzzle flash knowing that there were some weapons that it would not work as well on.

For instance? We can look at fixing anything that is actually broken with the muzzle flashes.

The VAS-C2 TM has muzzle flash, its just not as bright as guns without a silencer, same thing for the whisper. I get trying something different but it doesnt make sense if the gun has muzzle flash that you see by default. If the gun had a mod that removes flash entirely I get it but nothing in APB has that.

Sign in to follow this