MattScott

The servers have gone offline

Hi all,

Sorry for the miscommunication. I was traveling all weekend, and didn’t get a chance to connect with my network team. It looks like we got our time zones crossed.

At 12:00 UTC, the Fallen Earth servers went offline. We spent all of our effort on the Last Stand event, so there was no time to make a cool countdown or other last moment. 

Again, I want to thank all the players who came back to say goodbye. We will be posting updates on the reboot here.

Sincerely,

Matt

• Like 2

hi Matt and LO just wanna say goodbye and wish all best to you also. some may say why ? but i think a thanks to you is what u deserve for your efforts to make the game playable after what we had before and yes the end was a bit more a Fading away but Event was nice  and it doesnt take anything away for me to say thank you goodbye and Maybe...in the future .

Cloey Winters

• Like 1

Thanks Matt. It was a wonderful game (even with the bugs). Will be waiting for the next chapter.

I wanted to see my girls and my beloved wastelands one last time this morning but .. alas they are already gone. 

For 11 years it has been my radioactive refuge.

This song forevermore.. is dedicated to our Fallen Earth.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So this is the end. We had a lot of fun in Wasteland last few years, I will really miss FE 1.0. It wasn't "just a game", FE was like a good friend. A very good friend. And you know how hard are feelings when you lose a friend. I will miss all players I met there, fun on raids with them. I will miss Citadel raids, Scavenger Bosses events, GORE Bosses raids, helping with quests, defeating strong Bosses, searching undiscovered serendipity mobs and rare drops. I will miss fun in Dome with good partners, fun in Blood Sports, especially Assault. I will miss raids into Kingman Prison to kill Casta Gaunt on lower level. I will miss happiness when you found anything new or undiscovered in the game and share it with players. I will miss GM events, special holiday events, celebrations, anniversaries, hide&seek fun, RP amusement, and many many more fun. I shouldn't forget to awesome GMs and developers of all these years.

Truely, FE was a part of my life. It was a place where you could hide when you had sad days in RL, it was a place where you have been when you were searching fun. It was my second home. It was our home.

I hope that all true Wastelanders will be able to meet in FE 2.0 but FE 1.0 will never be forgotten.
With love
Luka

unknown.png

Edited by Lukasocz
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

And with that it's over...

Thanks to Matt and everyone at Little Orbit for keeping Fallen Earth alive for as long as they did.  Many hours of enjoyment with an immensely unique experience that has yet to be matched by any MMO out there. 

Fallen Earth is Dead!

Long live Fallen Earth!

*vanish*

• Like 3

She finally slipped away without fanfare, but with considerable regret, goodbye Fallen Earth, see you at the big reboot in the sky.

The odds have been against FE for years now, and APB has finally won.

It's a sad day, I feel really sorry for all the FE players. Maybe they manage to revive APB, so that it might bring in budget for FE in the far future..

17 minutes ago, thelinux said:

It's a sad day, I feel really sorry for all the FE players. Maybe they manage to revive APB, so that it might bring in budget for FE in the far future..

That was the promise from Gamers First 4 or 5 (or more?) years ago, APB would be priority, getting the most dev time and all the advertising, but as soon as it was up and running it would be a cash cow to bootstrap FE.... That simple statement poisened APB for me, would never even download it.

LOL fail you come back specifically to be on your loved one's deathbed but doctors got the time wrong and turned life support off before they were supposed to

It lived like a Bethesda game, it died like a Bethesda game

F

Two friends of mine were really looking forward to playing on this last afternoon, only to log in and discover they were denied their goodbye because people can't clarify a time zone?  What a let down...

It's indeed a sad day now that FE is offline, though stay positive everyone we will be able to play a much more improved version of fallen earth in the future. 

As long as we have the forums Fallen Earth will never be gone.  

Loved jumping in and running the 10th anniversary event with people. What a blast to have a reliable (if small) population in the same place at the same time. 

I'm a little surprised how much I miss this game already. Over the past few days logging in regularly for the event, I really got into it. It really is a unique game and one that really deserves another lease on life. 

Can't wait to start hearing updates about the reboot. 

feels like ive lost a safe refuge,thanks to all ive meet in game (good and otherwise) also thanks to matt and team....hope to catchup in next fallen earth 

Edited by cyasoon

For all those wastelanders disenfranchised by the shutdown and going through the various stages of denial, anger and eventual withdrawals I would like to perform one final useful service in my (ex) capacity as a HAZMAT!

As mentioned several times in /help, there is a discord. Come and rejoin your community clones!

Rest assured we have a /global1 and it's just as wonderfully toxic as it ever was in the old game!

I've set this link to never expire and hopefully everyone can find us: https://discord.gg/gBAa5kE

If you're still sulking it died early, get over it and come home! We haz [Cold Turkey Sammiches] 🙂

Edited by Artemi Six

11 hours ago, FayWray said:

That was the promise from Gamers First 4 or 5 (or more?) years ago, APB would be priority, getting the most dev time and all the advertising, but as soon as it was up and running it would be a cash cow to bootstrap FE.... That simple statement poisened APB for me, would never even download it.

Alas that was the only possible way to keep FE alive as it couldn't keep itself alive. That was sadly just the nature of the 2 games.

@OP

Too bad you screwed the times up, but thank you for keeping it up for as long as you did.

12 hours ago, FayWray said:

The odds have been against FE for years now, and APB has finally won.

this was never fallen earth vs apb.

my home is playing both.

and hopefully soon we will play both again

• Thanks 1

Baby this is only the "Beginning of the End" I enjoyed the wastelands with all u weoples 🤞 we will reunite in FE2 . . . . So until then 

#Ringa-Ding

#Ta-Ta

#Baby 

To borrow from a sitcom theme song in the 80's:

"Making your way in the world today
Takes everything you got
Taking a break from all your worries
It sure would help a lot
Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name
And they're always glad you came