MattScott

Recent ban wave and approved launchers

Hi all,

We recently banned a large number of players for using external tools to modify their game directory files. 

I want to remind everyone that only the Advanced Launcher has been approved by Little Orbit. This program only makes changes to the config that any normal player can make by hand editing the config themselves.

Use of the Advanced Launcher has been temporarily approved until we can integrate these features directly into APB Reloaded, and then we will not allow it any more.

Players should only download the Advanced Launcher directly from us here:

https://media.gamersfirst.com/gamersmedia/apb/Advanced_APB_Launcher.zip

Here is an example of a launcher that is NOT allowed that actually got a number of players banned. 

E66686EB-33FE-4975-BC47-7431A54A2BEE.jpeg

This is NOT the Advanced Launcher we approved, because it goes far beyond editing the config. This replaces shaders and massively hacks the game.

Since the advertisement for this and other launchers makes them seem like the Advanced Launcher that we approved, I’m going to assume some of our players didn’t know the difference, and I am going to unban these players since they were not given any warnings. They have already been banned for more than a week. That’s punishment enough.

However, I am not disabling the EAC auto ban for these types of programs, and there wont be a second chance again.

Please pass the word to your friends to uninstall these other launchers and to reinstall APB. 

We will continue to ban for this level of changes to your game files. Do not put your account at risk.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 42
  • Thanks 9

Are you want next bann ppl that use Macros? It is unfair, you play Duck/heavy and enemy play Obeya and Kills you faster then you can hit a 2 or a 3 hit. The Same with the FBW vs me with Carbine 😕

Well, that site states that the only official and allowed way is Advanced APB Launcher

The APB community is notorious for trying to get any advantage they can and while some people might not know many do and willingly try to cheat the system. With that being said hopefully prople are getting the message to stop cheating and learn to play faiy.

• Like 5

Hi there,

If someone wants to contact apb-r.ru and let them know to take down the link, they are usually very helpful. I just don't speak Russian.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

If someone wants to contact apb-r.ru and let them know to take down the link, they are usually very helpful. I just don't speak Russian.

Thanks,
Matt

I'll do that

I m enjoying that lo stil taking care of this matter altough now with this post i hope we wil see a lot less bans involving 3th party tools. I just wonder if this ban wil give the community the needed population

• Like 1

As a 'non-Advanced Launcher created config' player, this is a bummer for me. 

Obviously LO has no choice with the program in question, I'm just curious if players who manually create a config have to worry?

Also, I don't suppose we could finally get an official response on what is or isn't allowed config-wise?

PS for anyone curious my specs and benchmarks for APB are:

PCp39wF.png

• Like 4

And this was the point where I got paranoid enough to stop using reshade.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Obviously LO has no choice with the program in question, I'm just curious if players who manually create a config have to worry?

Also, I don't suppose we could finally get an official response on what is or isn't allowed config-wise?

PCp39wF.png

Actually just sad to see it run so bad on a decent computer

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

PCp39wF.png

Seems to get lower than my normal client

Average framerate  :  131.2 FPS
                     Minimum framerate  :   83.4 FPS
                     Maximum framerate  :  144.4 FPS
                     1% low framerate   :   82.0 FPS
                     0.1% low framerate :    9.8 FPS

i5 7600k @ 5ghz

16GB DDR4 Ram 2900MHZ

GTX 1070

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

lmao that site posts a real money trading VK page as "news" http://apb-r.ru/news-2143-black-armas.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20190829115339/http://apb-r.ru/news-2143-black-armas.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20190829115359/https://vk.com/blackarmas

56 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

PCp39wF.png

what did you bench that with? how long? would like to try

1 minute ago, Iazer said:

Seems to get lower than my normal client

Average framerate  :  131.2 FPS
                     Minimum framerate  :   83.4 FPS
                     Maximum framerate  :  144.4 FPS
                     1% low framerate   :   82.0 FPS
                     0.1% low framerate :    9.8 FPS

i5 7600k @ 5ghz

16GB DDR4 Ram 2900MHZ

GTX 1070

you do have a way better cpu

Edited by neophobia

informative post . I am disappointed with the owners actions apb-r.ru . I am ashamed of my compatriots .

Edited by olo

1 hour ago, Quinn_Quin said:

Are you want next bann ppl that use Macros? It is unfair, you play Duck/heavy and enemy play Obeya and Kills you faster then you can hit a 2 or a 3 hit. The Same with the FBW vs me with Carbine 😕

thats why u guys cheat in every game

The truth is it was banned because of the MLP picture, Matt is a normal man that hates bronies

• Like 7

On 8/27/2019 at 11:26 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Matt

How about the fog removal, is it still allowed to use? (cause that decreases the stutters by a lot) I do remember you allowing it back in the time but still want to make sure its up to date.

Edited by cheater

Just now, cheater said:

How about the fog removal, is it still allowed to use? (cause that decreases the stutters by a lot) I do remember you allowing it back in the time but still want to make sure its up to date.

delirium

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

You ever think that maybe you're causing your own problems? I mean that in a generalized "you" to everyone who also has similarly modern rigs but somehow gets such horrid performance from the game.

If my hybrid monstrosity of a rig can pull consistently stable 60 FPS with parts both old and new (and all mid-range at best), there's really no reason you should be having problems. Hell, I remember years ago prior to my partial system upgrades... I used to use a config that removed the game's inbuilt FPS cap and would regularly run around with 200+ FPS (except when smoke particles would appear, at which point I'd tank to shit because my old GPU couldn't handle that particular type of rendering).

9 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

You ever think that maybe you're causing your own problems? I mean that in a generalized "you" to everyone who also has similarly modern rigs but somehow gets such horrid performance from the game.

If my hybrid monstrosity of a rig can pull consistently stable 60 FPS with parts both old and new (and all mid-range at best), there's really no reason you should be having problems. Hell, I remember years ago prior to my partial system upgrades... I used to use a config that removed the game's inbuilt FPS cap and would regularly run around with 200+ FPS (except when smoke particles would appear, at which point I'd tank to shit because my old GPU couldn't handle that particular type of rendering).

I can only offer the numbers.

If you'd like to benchmark yours, https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner

Oh marvelous, knew these fellas brought their trash into our backyard, luckily we got Matt covering us, Thanks. Hopefully you keep that good way with the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt 

Good afternoon, I am one of the developers of this program. We apologize for the inconvenience. We just wanted to help many players with weak computer playing their favorite game. If you want, we can remove all links to it. But if you allow us to clarify this and remove the controversial functions, we will be very grateful to you.

• Like 1