Sign in to follow this  
Lign

Maybe it's time to remove red crosshair

Triggerbot is a thing nowadays, just look at asylum on EU. It's so easy to make your own by learning simple coding on autoit or ahk in one day or just googling for the source. Maybe it's time to remove it with the new patch on OTW just for testing how it will affect the gameplay

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Not to mention how it gives away positions behind doors or thin walls

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

Not to mention how it gives away positions behind doors or thin walls

That’s why I’m asking to implement it on otw to see how it goes

Edited by Lign
  • Like 1

Actually I think I got more adult about crosshair issue and...

Yeah let's remove it. Even name indicator for enemy.

Edit: Dunno what people problem is with lack of color showing enemy. Do you have something to hide, dislikers? People write triggers under color red.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

You'd have to make sure there was no way to remove smoke from explosions then too.

Otherwise it would give a massive advantage to those who have removed it.

• Like 3

Yeah, I love it when an SPCT is moderating a twitch chat of a dude while the guy is blatantly triggerbotting on stream. (Guy is still not banned). Definitely shows you how totally not corrupted this company is!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Bro this cant be real this cant be real no way 

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You'd have to make sure there was no way to remove smoke from explosions then too.

Otherwise it would give a massive advantage to those who have removed it.

Good point, forgot about this thing

10 minutes ago, Lign said:

Good point, forgot about this thing

Hopefully with 3.5 that stuff comes to an end anyways. Or rather, the need to do it for performance issues.

29 minutes ago, Parthian said:

Yeah, I love it when an SPCT is moderating a twitch chat of a dude while the guy is blatantly triggerbotting on stream. (Guy is still not banned). Definitely shows you how totally not corrupted this company is!

Did you send that proof to support yet?

21 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Hopefully with 3.5 that stuff comes to an end anyways. Or rather, the need to do it for performance issues.

I don’t think it’s hard to pack it in the way how packed files with textures works that you can’t unpack it without the game sdk

Edited by Lign

Wouldn't it make guns a bit difficult to use at range? There times when I'm sniping where a little part of the body is exposed which I wouldn't be able to tell if it weren't for the crosshair turning red.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Parthian said:

Oh my, what a shocker.

I think I heard tales of some kind of report or support system - or are we still publicly stoning people? I can't remember.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rooq said:

Oh my, what a shocker.

I think I heard tales of some kind of report or support system - or are we still publicly stoning people? I can't remember.

How is the moderation on the stream platform that is not associated with the game against tos?

would have to change the crosshair, long range would get hit hard since pixel accurate crosshairs cover what you're aiming at

Ye it's not like red crosshair is even accurate. I often see it turning red miles behind the enemy and sometimes going red on someone that's not in the mission

3 hours ago, Lign said:

Triggerbot is a thing nowadays, just look at asylum on EU. It's so easy to make your own by learning simple coding on autoit or ahk in one day or just googling for the source. Maybe it's time to remove it with the new patch on OTW just for testing how it will affect the gameplay

no. You can't "remove features" because of cheaters, along the same line maybe they should remove ntec because it's a very nice weapon to cheat with.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rooq said:

Oh my, what a shocker.

good one chief on postings someones face all over social ! 😄

Considering that a lot of other shooters don't have it, I don't think it will have a large downside. I doubt it will make much of an impact though because I'm pretty sure that the decent cheats have triggerbots which don't rely on the color change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rooq said:

Oh my, what a shocker.

I don't remember putting any names in my post?

1 minute ago, Parthian said:

I don't remember putting any names in my post?

😬😬

27 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

Considering that a lot of other shooters don't have it, I don't think it will have a large downside. I doubt it will make much of an impact though because I'm pretty sure that the decent cheats have triggerbots which don't rely on the color change.

the aim (haha) is to make colorbots less easy to use, something that could be done by simply disabling ahk and autoit

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lign said:

This will only solve sh.t tier triggerbots...which  is the majority. However memory triggerbot will still be a thing.

But sure, I'd be happy if they remove the red crosshair on enemies.

edit: lol atthe downvotes, If we could see who downvotes this, we would know who's triggerbotting 🙂

Edited by Sayori
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sign in to follow this