Jump to content
Mitne

This patch don't feel like upgrade, it feels like downgrade.

Recommended Posts

RIOT aside this time.

My game is way less stable after this patch, had to drop Advanced Launcher to minimal and even then I have connection problems which time me out... a lot.

And the fact that you blocked off priority manipulation in fucking task manager piss me off even more - now my game is totally unstable (because APB executable is so dumb that it don't take all possible resources).

And to top it off... I don't see any changes after EAC implementation. Same people which shouldn't be with us are playing. Maybe some got caught but honestly... I don't feel that much of change.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you really surprised? Everytime someone was touching APB in the past it was only getting worse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

Are you really surprised? Everytime someone was touching APB in the past it was only getting worse.

I'm not suprised but kinda my RIOT rant might brought shadow a bit on other problems with this patch.

And honestly dunno who restricted possiblity of tampering with task manager priority. It's idiotic and actively harms my gameplay.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mitne said:

I'm not suprised but kinda my RIOT rant might brought shadow a bit on other problems with this patch.

And honestly dunno who restricted possiblity of tampering with task manager priority. It's idiotic and actively harms my gameplay.

That might be EAC. I have the same problem in other games using it.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Clandestine said:

That might be EAC. I have the same problem in other games using it.

xD

Greaaaaaat.

Edited by Mitne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mitne I wonder how bad your computer must be... that you're unable to play a 10 year old game on decent framerate. Or does your pc just overheat?

 

I got my a RX 580 GPU downclocked to 650Mhz. 4 FullHD screens connected to it while multitasking with several applications and playing apb on ultra settings...

Still getting more than 80fps in APB stable. CPU usage is around 10% ~ The whole system is not very expensive might cost 500€.

 

 

Edited by Dicht
  • Dislike 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how their buisness work because they defenitly not listen to the community... Just give us a normal BR mode and new maps/contacts. Jesus it is so not hard to freaking understand. AFTER that you can work on unreal engine idgaf. Just don't work on multiple things at once Little Orbit or your game will die even faster than it already is.

  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dicht said:

@Mitne I wonder how bad your computer must be... that you're unable to play a 10 year old game on decent framerate. Or does your pc just overheat?

 

I got my a RX 580 GPU downclocked to 650Mhz. 4 FullHD screens connected to it while multitasking with several applications and playing apb on ultra settings...

Still getting more than 80fps in APB stable. CPU usage is around 10% ~ The whole system is not very expensive might cost 500€.

 

 

ah yes, the old “i don’t have this problem so it doesn’t exist” routine

 

classic

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GAME IS DEAD WHY ARE YOU HERE i already stop playing this game 

U NO LIFE FAT 40 YEAR OLD IT TIME TO MOVE FROM YOUR MOMMY BASEMENT

GET A JOB GET PAID AND BUY NEW PC AND PLAY A RECENT RELEASE GAME

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

ah yes, the old “i don’t have this problem so it doesn’t exist” routine

 

classic

 

No, Its more about "If the issue is on your site then stop blame other people for it and take action"

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mitne said:

And to top it off... I don't see any changes after EAC implementation. Same people which shouldn't be with us are playing. Maybe some got caught but honestly... I don't feel that much of change.

Maybe its finally time for you to accept the fact that you are just bad at the game.

  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dicht said:

No, Its more about "If the issue is on your site then stop blame other people for it and take action"

it’s always been apb

 

the shit performance has been complained about by thousands of people over the years, and it’s a major reason for why the game is dead rn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One day I'll be able to tell the tale of when mitne wrote a forum post praising something for being done well. When that day is, only time will tell

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dicht said:

@Mitne I wonder how bad your computer must be... that you're unable to play a 10 year old game on decent framerate. Or does your pc just overheat?

 

I got my a RX 580 GPU downclocked to 650Mhz. 4 FullHD screens connected to it while multitasking with several applications and playing apb on ultra settings...

Still getting more than 80fps in APB stable. CPU usage is around 10% ~ The whole system is not very expensive might cost 500€.

 

 

GPU hardly matters in APB. I think you could go above 100fps with gt430

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it comes to performance literally every person I've spoken to since the patch has noticed a decrease in performance both MS and fps wise, not sure what's causing it but something went wrong after the patch. 

 

As for the anticheat, it's a complete joke, there are more people cheating now than when we had BE, people had literally bypassed it before it was released because of the delay + announcement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people will need to upgrade their potato comps.

Others will have to wait for APB to be optimized which should hopefully help with certain graphics cards as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 4:25 PM, Dicht said:

@Mitne I wonder how bad your computer must be... that you're unable to play a 10 year old game on decent framerate. Or does your pc just overheat?

 

I got my a RX 580 GPU downclocked to 650Mhz. 4 FullHD screens connected to it while multitasking with several applications and playing apb on ultra settings...

Still getting more than 80fps in APB stable. CPU usage is around 10% ~ The whole system is not very expensive might cost 500€.

 

 

My setup is mobile - it's problem on it's own but bypassable if I set up maximum performance battery settings and hook it up to power supply. It never will give me 100% (due to heat on it's own) but surely give me maximum it can get.

8 thread 4 thread I3-3120 M, 8 GB of RAM (can't get more in there but should be alright, task manager always was of help with allocating RAM where it supposed to be - great tool), AMD Radeon 7600M HD (2 GB GPU, while it is defintely no-no in modern games, should work perfectly for game from 2010). Funnily enough I just replaced cooling pasta on PC and checked if temperature is proper. It is along lines of producent advice but would be "overheating" in normal PC (mind you high performance laptops always work hot).

I was able in 2013 to run APB with this setup at stable 100-110 FPS. each update litteraly eaten away my FPS. Had eventually to involve settings downgrades, Advanced APB Launcher, config changes and task manager manipulations to get decent 60 FPS. Since last patch I got cut off from last option which now forces me to... 40 FPS. All it misses is ban on Advanced APB launcher and forced config and tada, i'm in unplayable zone (Thank God I got better PC just-in-case, yet this is my main PC so... yeah). No major changes done to this PC whatsoever (Still using Windows 8.1, I try to not update GPU drivers cause newer drivers seem to make issue worse (!)).

So yeah. I know what my setup can and can not. And at this point it can run 2016 games better than 2010 game on old, unstable engine which breaks down with each update.

 

And what the fuck? Why would I upgrade for 2010 game? This PC is from THIS era of this game. What was done in it that it eats so much resources? I don't see any major change to 2010. Just cause they coded in few gamemodes and weapons shouldn't eat so hard on resources.

My only plausible reason for upgrade would be if they upgrade to EU 3.5 and my PC not being able to handle it at all - but they don't. And we still at the same engine which keep eating resources for no visible gain.

On 6/20/2019 at 5:52 PM, Glaciers said:

ah yes, the old “i don’t have this problem so it doesn’t exist” routine

 

classic

Yeah. This game turns so hardcore elitist but in totally wrong direction. By driving away little pop we have.

"We exclude everyone who can't meet cap" ~ APB Elitist probably

On 6/20/2019 at 6:00 PM, Glaciers said:

it’s always been apb

 

the shit performance has been complained about by thousands of people over the years, and it’s a major reason for why the game is dead rn

If you look at my APB old forums past comments on forum threads, you can see spirale of me complaining about dropping performance further and further.

I mean for fuck sake. It keeps getting worse.

On 6/20/2019 at 6:00 PM, Sentaii said:

Maybe its finally time for you to accept the fact that you are just bad at the game.

And accept everyone who cheat like some kind of sheep? Lolno.

You will see I'm right in the end. Like I've been with many other issues of this game.

On 6/20/2019 at 6:28 PM, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

One day I'll be able to tell the tale of when mitne wrote a forum post praising something for being done well. When that day is, only time will tell

There must be first something to praise and not just "OMG THEY ADDED FREE WEAPONS WHICH MOST OF US HAD IN ONE OR OTHER VERSION TO JD STORE BUT LET'S IGNORE RIOT DISASTER AND PERFORMANCE DECREASE".

18 hours ago, Clandestine said:

GPU hardly matters in APB. I think you could go above 100fps with gt430

Yep. From my test with hardware it turned out that anything which is lesser than 1 GB GPU can harm performance but anything in that line or above don't affect gameplay at all, even at max.

15 hours ago, shhift said:

When it comes to performance literally every person I've spoken to since the patch has noticed a decrease in performance both MS and fps wise, not sure what's causing it but something went wrong after the patch. 

 

As for the anticheat, it's a complete joke, there are more people cheating now than when we had BE, people had literally bypassed it before it was released because of the delay + announcement. 

Of course. This patch hardly feels like "ready". Rushed is more in place.

15 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Some people will need to upgrade their potato comps.

Others will have to wait for APB to be optimized which should hopefully help with certain graphics cards as well.

 

I'm not gonna go with Ryzen purely for APB (and most of modern games are pay-wall trash so i'm not even bothering purchasing them or playing them in F2P model - this range of games I want to play is perfectly fine on this setup with the sole expection of APB...)

And it's not about GPU, it's about how APB distribute resources (and it does so badly) - I guess it's all because APB is 32-bit application. When they upgrade APB to 3.5, it will become 64-bit application and it would need to be really potato PC to not feel any difference about that, even 2010 setups should feel huge difference as APB will use resources to full capacity.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mitne said:

8 thread I3-3120 M

Sorry but I think someone lied to you...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIOT now splits the playerbase even further, EAC doesn't really seem to do anything, and my game constantly crashes.

Not fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, GhosT said:

RIOT now splits the playerbase even further, EAC doesn't really seem to do anything, and my game constantly crashes.

Not fun.

Invite more people and make a bigger playerbase ?

 

8 hours ago, Mitne said:

I'm not gonna go with Ryzen purely for APB (and most of modern games are pay-wall trash so i'm not even bothering purchasing them or playing them in F2P model - this range of games I want to play is perfectly fine on this setup with the sole expection of APB...)

newer games like cyberpunk will need better hardware to play. I'm just thinking how some people have terrible comps and can barely turn on after 5 minutes

 

Edit : not only did this double post but I never hit post either time ......weird

Edited by Fortune Runner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, itsRby said:

Sorry but I think someone lied to you...

8 threads, 4 cores. Who lied to me? I do know how cores work...

Nvm. I took threads for cores. 4 threads, 2 cores. Might make it weaker i3 out of rest but still APB don't use more than one.

Edited by Mitne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Invite more people and make a bigger playerbase ?

Out of curiosity, what would your elevator pitch be for APB right now?

I only ask, cuz Im trying to think of one myself and I can't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...