Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

matchmaking can not be fixed until after the engine upgrade.

dont put the cart before the horse

[...]

It's not like he said something different. It's true that the EU and Content alone won't solve the major problem of player loss (matchmaking) which as you said can only be tackled after the upgrade.

So your posts don't contradict each other. It's just about awareness to dam hype and lower possible disappointment of immediate change.

7 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

LO has been here over a year now, and yes, projects have been pushed and deadlines have not been met. I know it's frustrating for many of us, because all we really want is a healthy, playable APB.

 

I have this selection of dates. It doesn't change the fact that projects are late, it just keeps my mind at ease a bit;

  Reveal hidden contents

19bdb78023a1ea2f.jpg

Damn you, I love numbers and stats and clicked that full of pleasant anticipation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, introlapse said:

Well... see:

If it is now May 31, and we did not receive the RIOT, which was originally promised in March.

If we still have not received even screenshots from UE 3.5, then the current progress is still very small, in order to run OTW though.

First quarter 2020.

 

10 hours ago, SuperToaster said:

Supposedly coming alongside RIOT which was supposed to release in May. Soooo soon™?

Why the hell do people keep saying this?  Matt never promised, or even implied, that RIOT was supposed to come out in March or May!  March is when the first public testing for it on OTW was planned but it was postponed until April because they hit a few snags.  Matt also gave his reasoning for not sharing screenshots.  He said he doesn't want to hype it up too much and that he wants the screenshots to be as representative of the final product as possible.  He said in Jenz's livestream a few days ago that the main engine upgrade itself is basically done and they currently have an artist going through and adjusting the shaders to make the game look better.  He said that the SPCT will have some more testing to do really soon.  

 

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Why the hell do people keep saying this?  Matt never promised, or even implied, that RIOT was supposed to come out in March or May!  March is when the first public testing for it on OTW was planned but it was postponed until April because they hit a few snags.  Matt also gave his reasoning for not sharing screenshots.  He said he doesn't want to hype it up too much and that he wants the screenshots to be as representative of the final product as possible.  He said in Jenz's livestream a few days ago that the main engine upgrade itself is basically done and they currently have an artist going through and adjusting the shaders to make the game look better.  He said that the SPCT will have some more testing to do really soon.  

 

 

theyve specifically said they aimed for a may release of riot. lol

 

 

and i love how they want to put the testing of the game on a small group of people. like yeah no, its fine, let 15 people play test a future game that is sufficient to release to the rest of the public. it obviously wont bring about people finding all sorts of bugs and making mad dash to fuzzy bunny about said bugs in the forum for the first year and a half of the game being out.

 

apb wasnt made for 15 people. it was made for 100 people fighting each other in districts.

 

what they really need is a fucking open test server. instead they want to keep it to a few so that those few can be like 'ya its good to me' and then let the rest of the playerbase receive the game and theyll jump in going 'yay new apb' and find everything wrong with it because certain things wont work, or there are hundreds of random spots on the map that are all fucked up now.'

 

if they want to do this release correctly, they need a legitimate open test and keep the server open so they can let people fuzzy bunny about whatever in a forum area designated for the new game.

 

Otherwise they will just kill the game forcing an upgrade from the current APB, to the new one and then finding out half the playerbase is having major issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alani said:

 

theyve specifically said they aimed for a may release of riot. lol

 

 

and i love how they want to put the testing of the game on a small group of people. like yeah no, its fine, let 15 people play test a future game that is sufficient to release to the rest of the public. it obviously wont bring about people finding all sorts of bugs and making mad dash to fuzzy bunny about said bugs in the forum for the first year and a half of the game being out.

 

apb wasnt made for 15 people. it was made for 100 people fighting each other in districts.

 

what they really need is a fucking open test server. instead they want to keep it to a few so that those few can be like 'ya its good to me' and then let the rest of the playerbase receive the game and theyll jump in going 'yay new apb' and find everything wrong with it because certain things wont work, or there are hundreds of random spots on the map that are all fucked up now.'

 

if they want to do this release correctly, they need a legitimate open test and keep the server open so they can let people fuzzy bunny about whatever in a forum area designated for the new game.

 

Otherwise they will just kill the game forcing an upgrade from the current APB, to the new one and then finding out half the playerbase is having major issues.

We've already had 2 public tests.

The work SPCT has done + the public testing has given the devs many, many bugs to fix as well as providing the devs with a great amount of feedback on the mode itself.

Next RIOT will be released as a pre-season, sort of a full season of public testing that will alllow the devs to fix any remaining bugs as well as continue to refine the mode in preparation for Season 1 which if we are lucky, will launch alongside 3.5.

 

Sometimes a smaller number of testers is more beneficial than a large number. Especially in the beginning.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People have been asking about this since 3 4 years ago, we will never get the engine. Enjoy the game while it still around.

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Alani said:

theyve specifically said they aimed for a may release of riot. lol

Citation please?  

The public tests of RIOT had full districts, not just 15 people.  That's what OTW is for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Why the hell do people keep saying this?  Matt never promised, or even implied, that RIOT was supposed to come out in March or May!

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/2/8/listening-to-the-community 

Quote

In March, we are going to be launching a new game mode.

Also, there was another comment from Matt, but I could not find him.

 

As we were promised RIOT "in the first half of May" you can see here: https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/4/19/riot-rundown 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2019 at 7:49 PM, Rosi said:

Sup, i just wanted a date for the new engine because atm APB is losing so much players, idk if it's that hard to add content on APB, i don't know new contacts or new free weapons will be good for the game and MAYBE some old players will come back.

2013 is great why you rush to see 2014? It will be meh of a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alani said:

one full district is not healthy at all lmao

 

no one else bothers to play the game if the only silver district is full.

enough people for 3 isnt one learn to count lol

4 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

It's not like he said something different. It's true that the EU and Content alone won't solve the major problem of player loss (matchmaking) which as you said can only be tackled after the upgrade. 

So your posts don't contradict each other. It's just about awareness to dam hype and lower possible disappointment of immediate change. 

so you're bugging me for filling in important details?  sigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

The engine upgrade and new content won't solve anything until the matchmaking system is fixed,

True, but any suggestion whatsoever is met with extreme hostility. 

LO should NOT try to fix anything until there are more players, so Gold can play in Gold right! 

Forum Logic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

[...]

so you're bugging me for filling in important details?  sigh

bugging you? Relax, I only said that you're both talking about the same thing and that you simply missed that part. "sigh"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Noon on a Thursday.

Sorry, most of us were at work. 

 

doesn't change the reality of the state of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheJellyGoo said:

bugging you? Relax, I only said that you're both talking about the same thing and that you simply missed that part. "sigh"

 

Dont wanna

too bored so id rather tease 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toodamnmuch said:

doesn't change the reality of the state of the game.

No... Unfortunately it does not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

ehee, anyway for me, the game is dying so hard, just look at the players lmao, saw the awnser on this topic and ye we prob' need a new matchmaking system/rank since this one is fucked... saw the new legendary and easy anticheat, lol it'll solve nothing, this new weapon should be a normal weapon, unlocked by a contact.

Edited by Rosi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Ok then, guess they did.  My bad, must have missed that.  v(^u^)v

Ur a little shite chewing me out for nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SuperToaster said:

Ur a little shite chewing me out for nothing

Maybe he likes chewing on your ear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 12:36 AM, CookiePuss said:

No... Unfortunately it does not. 

at least my gaming mouse is finally dying to switch death after seven glorious years of service, i feel like i should give my ouroboros a viking burial after this long, not replacing until mad catz releases the mad catz pro x3 either, i've heard june 20th.

 

kinda sucks i just randomly stop firing and sometimes i get random doubleclicks too, but at least it limits my ability to touch the crack addiction that is apb, i'm not gonna lie, i want that new legendary, ish.

 

Merged.

 

in case anyone needs one for pure survival reasons, this is the cheapest mouse possible with a good sensor i could find, pixart pmw3360, can't ask for better. $21 shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/Ergonomic-Optical-Adjustable-Buttons-Programmable-pc/dp/B07GVCT2FR/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?keywords=Delux+M625+Pmw3360+Colorful+RGB+Mouse+Luminous+Shining+One-piece+Mouse&qid=1560665503&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow slow down there big fella, baby steps ok, like unfricking up Jericho latency first, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...