Lixil

Extended Server Maintenance (Monday 4/29/2019)

if they just bought all new equiptment and a new track, maybe. nobody is saying you wont be compensated , matt already said he would take care of us

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, theemole said:

if they just bought all new equiptment and a new track, maybe. nobody is saying you wont be compensated , matt already said he would take care of us

If they bought all new equipment and a new track it would be so their gym would turn more profit...the same reason that LO bought Fallen Earth, the same reason they are working on the game now, to make money from the game.

Edited by DwightPfeiffer

maybe im wrong, but is it ok if I still tip my barber?

As we wait patiently for the game to get back up and running it's nice to see that people are still passionate about this game.  I sincerely doubt the old caretakers would have put 1/10th the effort that Little Orbit has to bring the game back from the brink.  I sense good things coming our way whether it be with Fallen Earth 2.0 or the proposed legacy server.  Keep the faith fellow Wastelanders!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DwightPfeiffer said:

If they bought all new equipment and a new track it would be so their gym would turn more profit...the same reason that LO bought Fallen Earth, the same reason they are working on the game now, to make money from the game.

You can see it as a sterile business transaction if you want, that's fine. Your choice.

But some of us want to include the devs when we talk about "our community." And being courteous/thankful, without demanding handouts, is how we choose to interact.

• Like 2

Game development usually goes beyond a simple business. Because game developers are passionate people, they fall in love with their creations. Otherwise no sane person would spend their life trying to create games, because believe me that s*** is hard.

Speaking from experience.

6 minutes ago, Skippicaa said:

You can see it as a sterile business transaction if you want, that's fine. Your choice.

But some of us want to include the devs when we talk about "our community." And being courteous/thankful, without demanding handouts, is how we choose to interact.

Handouts...for something we are PAYING for...you need to look up the definition of handout.

hey anyone know how do i log in ? i already created an account in gamefirst but when i type my email in the username and password same with the gamefirstaccount it said invalid. I log in with steam btw so if anyone can help i would apperciate. im an old player like 4 years ago..but forgot my username and password so i created a new one

im just repeating this and you can delete it if you need, but matt said he would take care of us , just not right now hes busy

It appears a multitude of us have returned to the game in the midst of a maintenance window.

gotta love the irony...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DwightPfeiffer said:

Handouts...for something we are PAYING for...you need to look up the definition of handout.

We are ultimately paying for the game's upkeep.

Server maintenance is game upkeep.

I understand asking for compensation. But like 80% of your posts are about it. You dont gotta be like that mate, it comes off as self centered, all I'm saying.

On 5/1/2019 at 6:29 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

As you know, Fallen Earth is quite dated and it requires operating systems that don't exist any more.

We did our best to backup everything properly and organize the smoothest transition possible, but the downtime was required for hand carrying servers between locations.

The techs hit a number of unforeseen issues, which have caused the extended downtime. And unfortunately these kinds of problems tend to be difficult to estimate fix time. 

I believe we are most of the way there now. The databases are back online. The servers are re-installed. We are going to bring everything up manually to get it back online, and then we’ll dial in the rest of the automation tomorrow.

I’ll post an update here as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Matt

as dear old mom used to say "that's the least of our worries "

So ..its a bit more than a " maintenance window".

the reward for downtime is being able to play the game. maybe some improvements here and there. receiving compensation for downtime is a kind gesture from the dev team for the servers being down longer than expected. so it's nice to receive but don't go begging for it. they are working night and day on this. spending their time working hard to get the servers up. give them some leeway and a bit of a break. a dev stayed up 3 days straight for this and i respect the dedication. 

• Like 3

Meh pulled my subscription. This was the last straw 3 days down. They haven't responded to my ticket about not applying reward points for my subscription either. Missing month of reward points. Anyway, the rain and snow is gone and the sun is out. The computer room/den is out for the season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nootka said:

Meh pulled my subscription. This was the last straw 3 days down. They haven't responded to my ticket about not applying reward points for my subscription either. Missing month of reward points. Anyway, the rain and snow is gone and the sun is out. The computer room/den is out for the season.

Maybe they haven't responded because they've been working none stop to get the game back up for EVERYONE <.<

• Like 2

They already said they would take care of us for the downtime, kind of hard to talk about in game compensation when you can't even get in game yet. Additionally the game servers are still not up so you can't even begin to gauge what sort of compensation is reasonable. Would a 3 day premium extension make you happy for 5 days of downtime if they gave it to you now? Probably not so worry about it once it's back online and then things can be assessed.

Like everyone else I do hope they come back on soon, I am going to guess and this is MY assumption. Some of the  hardware likely did'nt make it to it's new home soundly for FE and is probably causing all of this.

Hi all,

We're in a weird position at this point.

Technically, all the servers are working properly. All the databases are restored and up.

However, the system overall is unbearably slow. It takes hours to boot and load all the data.

Once it is up, the timeouts between servers make the system unstable and unplayable.

We took everything down and restarted it all from scratch about an hour ago, and not everything is fully booted.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
Matt 

• Thanks 2